IMG_8741 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1868 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3831 Large (resized).jpeg
8gzve0 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240225_083530_Drive~01 (resized).jpg
redapple (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 132.
#5251 3 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Can you see any difference?

If it doesn't ship by the end of Q4 I would guess before the end of Q1 2024.

I can dig this new style of updating

#5252 3 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

No, we just got the answer from Josh two posts above.
A couple of pages ago we got vagueness with no timeframe, in which you led the cheer that the answer was "we'd get it when we get it."
Can you see any difference?

Quoted from ifpapinball:

If it doesn't ship by the end of Q4 I would guess before the end of Q1 2024.
I can dig this new style of updating

None are so blind hey?

#5253 3 months ago

According to Josh Sharpe, CGC is building subassemblies for the game right now and is getting closer to full production and games shipping with each passing week. He game an estimate of Pulp Fiction machines beginning to ship to customers by the end of Q4.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pulp-fiction-pinball-shipping-by-end-of-q4-mirco-causing-delays-at-dutch-pinball-mom-s-closing

#5254 3 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I was kinda hoping QT might put a little pressure on to get the machines rolling.

Why? He got his already. He didn't ask because he wanted others to have it, HE wanted it. And what is sad is that game will probably get 10 plays and then never get touched until he sells his estate.

#5255 3 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

According to Josh Sharpe, CGC is building subassemblies for the game right now and is getting closer to full production and games shipping with each passing week. He game an estimate of Pulp Fiction machines beginning to ship to customers by the end of Q4.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/pulp-fiction-pinball-shipping-by-end-of-q4-mirco-causing-delays-at-dutch-pinball-mom-s-closing

60% of the time that guy is right all the time.

#5256 3 months ago

Just get one SE off that line by Dec 31 st.
Then ramp up.
Hoping for my LE summer 2024 . Won’t be shocked if it’s fall .

#5257 3 months ago

I think fall is optimistic. The cool guy in the room wants you to stop talking about it or you are stupid.

ItsWeIrdAftOTalkToYoUrSelfInCrazyLetTersaTTheEndoFyourPoststoo.

#5258 3 months ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

I think fall is optimistic. The cool guy in the room wants you to stop talking about it or you are stupid.
ItsWeIrdAftOTalkToYoUrSelfInCrazyLetTersaTTheEndoFyourPoststoo.

That's one interpretation of my view that everyone knew what they were getting into in the first place and now some want to pretend it wasn't.

I don't care what you talk about, but asking the same question over and over again and expecting a different answer?

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” That witticism—I'll call it “Einstein Insanity”—is usually attributed to Albert Einstein.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/einstein-s-parable-of-quantum-insanity/#:~:text=%E2%80%9CInsanity%20is%20doing%20the%20same,usually%20attributed%20to%20Albert%20Einstein.

#5259 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I don't care what you talk about, but asking the same question over and over again and expecting a different answer

Does that include this as go to answer from you?

#5260 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Does that include this as go to answer from you?

I haven't given an answer, i've only reminded people of the situation, and i'm not expecting it to change. So now i'm cheering for the company ..again... because ....

dont-care-how-i-want-it-now-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gifdont-care-how-i-want-it-now-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

Always the same thing with the same people. Attack the voice of reason because you don't like the answers your given

ShootTheMessengerPunkin

#5261 3 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Always the same thing with the same people. Attack the voice of reason

Great self appointed voice of reason.... please keep us updated with your self appointed knowledge!

#5262 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Great self appointed voice of reason.... please keep us updated with your self appointed knowledge!

So you have to be appointed to a position to post on a forum in your view.

It's getting more childish by the minute.

Page one of this thread;

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

It's CGC. I love em, but you won't be buying (paying in full) for this one for at least a year based on their recent track record. I bet these actually start shipping in late 2024.

Quoted from Indusguys:

Just buy GF and play it for 2 years and Pulp Fiction might be ready by then.

Quoted from gandamack:

Is it true that most games put out by CGC take a year plus to get delivered? I know the CC customers were waiting forever. I want this game, but CGC's history of taking eternity to ship games kind of blows.

Page two and look who is responding to the quote above? Where did you go to get your self appointment?

Quoted from transprtr4u:

As well as their customer service ...
Mabe with more skin in the pinball market they will have to give more than a rats ass

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Don'tHaveToLookFarPunkin

#5263 3 months ago

Come play Pulp Fiction at Pincinnati!!

12/1-12/3

www.Pincinnati.com

#5264 3 months ago

Has anyone (apart from ifpapinball ) been playing this without the Centre post installed? Should solve all the complaining it’s too easy and long playing, and make the game play more like a game of the late 80’s/early 90’s. Will be the first thing I remove. Not really sure why it has one installed by default tbh.

#5265 3 months ago

Can’t wait to get mine…someday lol. Wonder if I’ll get Labyrinth first haha

#5266 3 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Has anyone (apart from ifpapinball ) been playing this without the Centre post installed? Should solve all the complaining it’s too easy and long playing, and make the game play more like a game of the late 80’s/early 90’s. Will be the first thing I remove. Not really sure why it has one installed by default tbh.

I wish it was an option to have it shipped without installed that way the playfield is unscathed. Unless the ruleset is so deep that it needs long playing sessions to possibly get to a wizard mode. I would assume not though.

#5267 3 months ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I wish it was an option to have it shipped without installed that way the playfield is unscathed. Unless the ruleset is so deep that it needs long playing sessions to possibly get to a wizard mode. I would assume not though.

The goodie bag will have a plastic plug for people that want to take the post out.

I've still only gotten to the wizard mode twice in 3 years, and that's been with the center post installed the whole time.

#5268 89 days ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

The goodie bag will have a plastic plug for people that want to take the post out.
I've still only gotten to the wizard mode twice in 3 years, and that's been with the center post installed the whole time.

Awesome, thank you for the info. I suck at pinball enough to know I more than likely won't make it to a wizard mode with the center post installed. I guess I assumed wrong about the difficulty.

#5269 89 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

R0010119 (resized).jpgR0010119 (resized).jpg

R0010114 (resized).jpgR0010114 (resized).jpg

R0010116 (resized).jpgR0010116 (resized).jpg

R0010117 (resized).jpgR0010117 (resized).jpg

R0010118 (resized).jpgR0010118 (resized).jpg

#5270 88 days ago

If you're in the Cincinnati area make sure to stop down to Pincinnati to check out pulp fiction.

#5271 87 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I heard somewhere that the center post is a Mark Richie thing. He puts them in a lot of his machines. Not sure how true that is, just something I heard.

#5272 87 days ago

...also, I ordered my PF SE back in September. I also have tix for TPF 2024 in March. I'm pretty sure they will have a Pulp Fiction there. So my question is, what's the percentage chance I get to play "my" Pulp Fiction before I play the one at TPF? BTW, I'm not complaining about the wait. I have my Godzilla to keep me busy. Just thought I would post the question to get some fun answers.

#5273 87 days ago

As far as playing it before I get it…. I ordered mine in March the first day they went on sale. So far I have not had the chance to play it. Seems they haven’t sent them to any of the Best Coast shows.

At this point I kinda don’t want to play it at all. Would be kinda fun if the first game I put on it is when it’s set up at my house. Hope that happens sooner than later.

#5274 87 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

...also, I ordered my PF SE back in September. I also have tix for TPF 2024 in March. I'm pretty sure they will have a Pulp Fiction there. So my question is, what's the percentage chance I get to play "my" Pulp Fiction before I play the one at TPF? BTW, I'm not complaining about the wait. I have my Godzilla to keep me busy. Just thought I would post the question to get some fun answers.

Slim-to-none based on precedence

#5275 87 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

I would say u have a chance since u ordered an SE. Kinda depends on where u are in the pecking order. If your at the end u might be a year off

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5276 87 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:

Quoted from PtownPin:

I would say u have a chance since u ordered an SE. Kinda depends on where u are in the pecking order. If your at the end u might be a year off

What he said. i reckon if you are in the first run (you shouldn't be) you have a small chance as it's SE, otherwise, no. It will be after the LE run.

#5277 87 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

What he said. i reckon if you are in the first run (you shouldn't be) you have a small chance as it's SE, otherwise, no. It will be after the LE run.

Well if its after the LE run than it will be well over a year

#5278 87 days ago
Pinside_forum_7899061_0.gifPinside_forum_7899061_0.gif
#5279 87 days ago

Another small piece for the wall

PXL_20231203_212840515 (resized).jpgPXL_20231203_212840515 (resized).jpg
#5280 86 days ago

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is my Pulp Fiction LE to show up at some point during Q2 of 2024, LOL!

Merry Christmas to all you Bad Mother F**kers!

#5281 85 days ago
Quoted from ToolfanJeff:

Dear Santa,
All I want for Christmas is my Pulp Fiction LE to show up at some point during Q2 of 2024, LOL!
Merry Christmas to all you Bad Mother F**kers!

Tool. I approve.

Excited for my LE by 2028.

#5282 80 days ago

There was a Pulp SE on free play at Little of Shop of Games' special event this past Thursday in Florida.

Does that signal a production development? I mean, how do they have a Pulp SE unless CGC shipped them one of the first games off the line? Or did they borrow one of the few "show circuit" games? Could SE's finally be shipping?

#5283 80 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

There was a Pulp SE on free play at Little of Shop of Games' special event this past Thursday in Florida.
Does that signal a production development? I mean, how do they have a Pulp SE unless CGC shipped them one of the first games off the line? Of did they borrow one of the few "show circuit" games? Could SE's finally be shipping?

One can only hope. Would be a nice Christmas present.

#5284 80 days ago

Does that signal a production development? I mean, how do they have a Pulp SE unless CGC shipped them one of the first games off the line? Of did they borrow one of the few "show circuit" games? Could SE's finally be shipping?

It’s likely one of the early ones. SEs have not started shipping yet.

#5285 80 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s likely one of the early ones. SEs have not started shipping yet.

Drat.
It seemed like a long-overdue, positive swing.
I'm bummed.

#5286 80 days ago

My guess is late Q1 before we start seeing games. And the standards will come out first for locations.

#5287 80 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is late Q1 before we start seeing games.

Oh, no! Late Q1?! Horrible!

#5288 80 days ago

Just expect it to take a long time and be pleasantly surprised when it doesn’t take that long. That’s my plan.

#5289 80 days ago

It was always the plan.

#5290 80 days ago

Everyone has said this based on CCR. How is this a surprise or disappointment?
It’s going to be a while … over and over and over …

#5291 78 days ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Everyone has said this based on CCR. How is this a surprise or disappointment?
It’s going to be a while … over and over and over …

Good products, but horrible production timing for sure.

I really hope these get out fast and the next release doesn't take literal years.

#5292 78 days ago
Quoted from chad:

Good products, but horrible production timing for sure.
I really hope these get out fast and the next release doesn't take literal years.

It's really a mystery how a company that is so good at designing games is by far the worst in the industry at getting games out the door.

#5293 78 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's really a mystery how a company that is so good at designing games is by far the worst in the industry at getting games out the door.

I hear they are a bit... slow... at production management...
istockphoto-532133224-612x612 (resized).jpgistockphoto-532133224-612x612 (resized).jpg

#5294 78 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It's really a mystery how a company that is so good at designing games

do they design games ? think they only designed Vacation America !

#5295 78 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

do they design games ? think they only designed Vacation America !

CGC may only be known for producing re-makes, but the team they have working on PF are all veteran pin designers.

#5296 78 days ago

If you wake up everyday wondering where your PF is, you're gonna have a bad '24.

Let it happen, man.

If you didn't forecast a wait, don't buy a CGC game. Sure it's not ideal, but it is what it is.

#5297 78 days ago
Quoted from Mleiter:CGC may only be known for producing re-makes, but the team they have working on PF are all veteran pin designers.

CGC didn’t design PF. That’s another company called Play Mechanix.

#5298 78 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

CGC didn’t design PF. That’s another company called Play Mechanix.

Consider it a collaboration. While CGC didn't do the game design - they would have wanted to be part of the mechanical, electrical design and sourcing to make the game producible and most practical to build within their supply chain and tooling.

#5299 78 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Consider it a collaboration. While CGC didn't do the game design - they would have wanted to be part of the mechanical, electrical design and sourcing to make the game producible and most practical to build within their supply chain and tooling.

Yeah they are the manufacturing partner so it makes sense they would collaborate on those aspects. But the poster was talking about the veteran pin designers and those guys are all on the play Mechanix team.

#5300 78 days ago

Good cheap fast… pick two!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 6,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 132.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pulp-fiction-hype-thread-/page/106 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.