Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 235.
    #3551 4 years ago

FP OF FTW! Soooo good.

2B2CF6E2-D5C9-48F7-8B85-A7504245B055 (resized).jpeg2B2CF6E2-D5C9-48F7-8B85-A7504245B055 (resized).jpeg
    #3552 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Why open all bottles when it’s a store pick? Honest question....

They’re all different mash bills. 4R single barrel store picks can differ big time between the different mash bills and different barrels. It’s fun having a flight of three different variations of the same whiskey but different recipes.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Best Rye Whiskies?

My favorite easy to find ryes are:

Pikesville: This is a great starter rye because it’s just over 50% rye and a bunch of corn so it’s close to being a bourbon. Absolutely delicious and always on my shelf.

Sazeerac Rye- (baby Saz). Same as above a bargain at $30 this also drinks close to a bourbon.

Old Forester Rye: $20 and makes the best old fashioneds.

Whistle Pig 10 yr+-This is a little pricy ($80+) and the mash bill is basically 98% rye so it’s really strong rye taste. Only recommended to those who really like rye.

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Im just not a big fan of the Knob Creek line. This is the only bottle I have it's a 9yr is there a better bottle than this one?[quoted image]

Their single barrel store picks can be great. Like Booker’s great. Some of them are 12-14 yr old and it’s getting really hard to find whiskey that old for $50 anymore. Not a fan of the 8 yr either but 10 yr plus they start to get good.

#3553 4 years ago

If you don’t like the knob line, then I don’t think anything they make will be appealing. Knob is a very distinct bite and pallet.

#3554 4 years ago

Here’s to a shit week. Michter’s doesn’t get the love it deserves, good stuff.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3555 4 years ago

Been a fan of the Elijah Craig since before barrel proof was a 'thing'. Happy to see that it's survived but it's a damned shame the price it's gone to.

Impossible to find up here, might have to renew the passport and go south to stock up.

#3556 4 years ago
    Quoted from zebulon:

Been a fan of the Elijah Craig since before barrel proof was a 'thing'. Happy to see that it's survived but it's a damned shame the price it's gone to.
    Impossible to find up here, might have to renew the passport and go south to stock up.

Ah bummer! It’s nice to have whiskey you like around home... I too have to travel sometimes to get what I prefer. Unfortunately whiskey sales has gotten finicky in some areas

#3557 4 years ago

Hmmm which one for a new code Elvira fest this evening
    07CD1B3C-F629-43E6-AEA4-27D878D4D9F8 (resized).jpeg07CD1B3C-F629-43E6-AEA4-27D878D4D9F8 (resized).jpeg

#3558 4 years ago

I went into a ABC store this afternoon to purchase a half gallon of Bourbon to put back in case its needed in the following weeks. I was looking for real,not blended from an old time Maker at a good price. I chose Henry McKenna, a brand I remember from the 80's.
    Looked at Ezra Brooks. Early Times (a contender). I haven't been in a liquor store in a long time.
    Jack Daniels, I osed to love this stuff, I consider it expensive. Of course my favorite was there, George Dickel White Label, it was high too.
    Don't know enough about the high-end Bourbons except from this thread. Straight Bourbon Whiskey has to meet certain standards and most of the difference is in the amount of sugar, and what type of sugar, is added.
    Going back for some more discount Brands, with this pandemic may be inside for awhile.

#3559 4 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I went into a ABC store this afternoon to purchase a half gallon of Bourbon to put back in case its needed in the following weeks. I was looking for real,not blended from an old time Maker at a good price. I chose Henry McKenna, a brand I remember from the 80's.
    Looked at Ezra Brooks. Early Times (a contender). I haven't been in a liquor store in a long time.
    Jack Daniels, I osed to love this stuff, I consider it expensive. Of course my favorite was there, Dickens White Label, it was high too.
    Don't know enough about the high-end Bourbons except from this thread. Straight Bourbon Whiskey has to meet certain standards and most of the difference is in the amount of sugar, and what type of sugar, is added.
    Going back for some there discount Brands, with this pandemic may be inside for awhile.

I think you may be confused, there is no sugar added to whisky.

#3560 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Hmmm which one for a new code Elvira fest this evening
    [quoted image]

Elijah for Elvira?

#3561 4 years ago

Just spent the past hour teaching my 12 yo daughter the basics of kickboxing and we just settled in to watch Terminator 2. I am an awesome dad! Just poured four fingers of Makers Select over and ice ball and settling in to chill. Have a good night guys.

#3562 4 years ago

This stuff is so different from everything I have on my shelf. If you like tobacco and leather this is the stuff for you. Funky as hell. Still don’t know if I like it or not.

#3563 4 years ago

So is this stuff any good

8DB00EA1-9775-4D12-9D7A-832CA6390688 (resized).jpeg8DB00EA1-9775-4D12-9D7A-832CA6390688 (resized).jpeg
    #3564 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

So is this stuff any good [quoted image]

You made the right choice grabbing two if you paid retail for it, I drank the one I got last year in two sessions thinking I'd be able to get another, haven't seen it since. If you are a fan of the higher end Wild Turkey or Russel's bottles then this should suit you well.

#3565 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

So is this stuff any good [quoted image]

You’re fucking with me aren’t you?
    edit: just checked my PMs to make sure...well done sir!! enjoy.

#3566 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Here’s to a shit week. Michter’s doesn’t get the love it deserves, good stuff.[quoted image]

15811316822736524178235705433324 (resized).jpg15811316822736524178235705433324 (resized).jpg
    #3567 4 years ago

Time to open something new from Xmas and a cigar

586ADD88-5835-4421-9F66-ACDFBE4B045F (resized).jpeg586ADD88-5835-4421-9F66-ACDFBE4B045F (resized).jpeg
    #3568 4 years ago

Sorry you guys are having a shit week; I am having a pretty good week. I started a new job back in July and just got word this week that I am landing two new major clients and getting my existing customer to renew and expand. In my line of work I switch jobs on average every 3-4 years, so I am always dealing with a ramp period. Lot of hard work is paying off, which feels good.

Just curious, what type of work do you guys do? I do enterprise software sales.

#3569 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Sorry you guys are having a shit week; I am having a pretty good week. I started a new job back in July and just got word this week that I am landing two new major clients and getting my existing customer to renew and expand. In my line of work I switch jobs on average every 3-4 years, so I am always dealing with a ramp period. Lot of hard work is paying off, which feels good.

Congrats! It’s great being rewarded for hard work. I‘m a broker in the S&P 500 options trading pit at the CBOE.

EFD3390D-17A1-47B2-9B3D-9345127320C2 (resized).jpegEFD3390D-17A1-47B2-9B3D-9345127320C2 (resized).jpeg
    #3570 4 years ago

I pick things up and put them down.

#3571 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hmmmm.....helicopter pilot?

#3572 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Congrats! It’s great being rewarded for hard work. I‘m a broker in the S&P 500 options trading pit at the CBOE.

Sweet job, Chisox! You and I are in very similar roles as we are both in pay for performance roles. I toast you 1200 miles away that the strong economy continues and that the government continues to buy.

#3573 4 years ago

Circus strongman?

#3574 4 years ago

Grrrrr a strongman! 6’3” 230lbs. I’m a wood finisher

#3575 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Sweet job, Chisox! You and I are in very similar roles as we are both in pay for performance roles. I toast you 1200 miles away that the strong economy continues and that the government continues to buy.

It’s a very stressful way to live but I wouldn’t trade it for anything (no pun intended). I can’t imagine working in the real world.

#3576 4 years ago

I was close.

#3577 4 years ago

Fucking A! Want to come to Annapolis? Wrapping up a 2 year pretty much complete gut on a property on the bay. Crabs and booze are on me!

#3578 4 years ago

Flippin on my newest addition Still haven’t found a place to put it!
    02463F0C-496F-49B0-9648-FE3207E28A65 (resized).jpeg02463F0C-496F-49B0-9648-FE3207E28A65 (resized).jpeg

#3579 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Fucking A! Want to come to Annapolis? Wrapping up a 2 year pretty much complete gut on a property on the bay. Crabs and booze are on me!

Love to come visit Maryland again! The crabs are fabulous!

#3580 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

It’s a very stressful way to live but I wouldn’t trade it for anything (no pun intended). I can’t imagine working in the real world.

Quoted for truth, brother! With that being said, I recognize that I do a very silly job and that if the zombie apocalypse happens, I am useless. I grew up pretty humbly and have the utmost respect for the business owners and tradesmen that are creating things. They are the backbone and lifeblood of our great country.

#3581 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I've worked in alcohol for most of my adult life. At the moment I sell beer for a local craft brewery. I love my job. I don't work hard (physically) and have a lot of fun doing what I do. It helps that I really believe in the company I work for. Not only do we produce very good liquid, we have an outstanding leadership group, and a healthy/comfortable work environment that fits into my personal outlook on life and the world.

#3582 4 years ago

Anytime! We can put out two crab pots off my dock and my neighbor has an icebox not 30 ft from where I am sitting where his son (commercial crabber) stores his catch.

#3583 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Quoted for truth, brother! With that being said, I recognize that I do a very silly job and that if the zombie apocalypse happens, I am useless. I grew up pretty humbly and have the utmost respect for the business owners and tradesmen that are creating things. They are the backbone and lifeblood of our great country.

Amen on all points

#3584 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I've worked in alcohol for most of my adult life. At the moment I sell beer for a local craft brewery. I love my job. I don't work hard (physically) and have a lot of fun doing what I do. It helps that I really believe in the company I work for. Not only do we produce very good liquid, we have an outstanding leadership group, and a healthy/comfortable work environment that fits into my personal outlook on life and the world.

Cool! Which brewery?

#3585 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

That is awesome! If you have a good product that you deal with and like the company and people you work with, that is a rare thing. Congrats!

#3586 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Anytime! We can put out two crab pots off my dock and my neighbor has an icebox not 30 ft from where I am sitting where his son (commercial crabber) stores his catch.

Oh my!!!! Sounds like a day to remember!

#3587 4 years ago

Oh my!!!! Sounds like a day to remember!

Screw a day. If you come visit, you have to stay at least the weekend! Too much drinking, crabbing, and all around shenanigans to fit into one 24 hour period.

#3588 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Screw a day. If you come visit, you have to stay at least the weekend! Too much drinking, crabbing, and all around shenanigans to fit into one 24 hour period.

Whoohoo!

#3589 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cool! Which brewery?

I'd like to maintain a little bit of anonymity here on the interwebs, but if you are ever in the Twin Cities hit me up. I'll give you a tour of a decent sized craft brewery and get you a few rounds of world class beer in our taproom.

#3590 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

I'd like to maintain a little bit of anonymity here on the interwebs, but if you are ever in the Twin Cities hit me up. I'll give you a tour of a decent sized craft brewery and get you a few rounds of world class beer in our taproom.

I’m actually embarrassed to say that I haven’t been up there since I was in grade school. I’ve heard it’s amazing up there (especially in the summer) and might head up there this summer.

#3591 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I can't say too much other than I am a..

austin-powers-international-man-of-mystery-5228f11ee411a (resized).pngaustin-powers-international-man-of-mystery-5228f11ee411a (resized).png
    #3592 4 years ago

I play pinball professionally.

#3593 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

They’re all different mash bills. 4R single barrel store picks can differ big time between the different mash bills and different barrels. It’s fun having a flight of three different variations of the same whiskey but different recipes.

My favorite easy to find ryes are:
    Pikesville: This is a great starter rye because it’s just over 50% rye and a bunch of corn so it’s close to being a bourbon. Absolutely delicious and always on my shelf.
    Sazeerac Rye- (baby Saz). Same as above a bargain at $30 this also drinks close to a bourbon.
    Old Forester Rye: $20 and makes the best old fashioneds.
    Whistle Pig 10 yr+-This is a little pricy ($80+) and the mash bill is basically 98% rye so it’s really strong rye taste. Only recommended to those who really like rye.

Their single barrel store picks can be great. Like Booker’s great. Some of them are 12-14 yr old and it’s getting really hard to find whiskey that old for $50 anymore. Not a fan of the 8 yr either but 10 yr plus they start to get good.

Local store had a tasting last night - had Whistle pig 6 and 10 yr, I actually preferred the 6 year, so i picked up a bottle

#3594 4 years ago

I was going to try the 1920 since I’ve never had an old forester before and the guy convinced me to try their barrel pick. It was really good. I might have to go back and pick up a spare bottle..

0DCCF12D-67F8-4294-9866-551A6AF9BD4B (resized).jpeg0DCCF12D-67F8-4294-9866-551A6AF9BD4B (resized).jpeg
    #3595 4 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

I was going to try the 1920 since I’ve never had an old forester before and the guy convinced me to try their barrel pick. It was really good. I might have to go back and pick up a spare bottle..[quoted image]

I'm making you all believers in this one it is really good stuff.

#3596 4 years ago

Well i took @Whysnow's advice and broke this bitch open. Who knows tomorrow may never come so pour me up a glass!

20200208_145739 (resized).jpg20200208_145739 (resized).jpg
    #3597 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well i took Whysnow's advice and broke this bitch open. Who knows tomorrow may never come so pour me up a glass![quoted image]

Had some EC18 last night

#3598 4 years ago

Had some EC18 last night

I had been holding this bottle back for trade bait but hadn't gotten any decent offers. I'm working on negotiations with a guy who has a bottle of Old Fitzgerald 13yr. Hoping to display it up here next week if things go right cause I hear its amazing.

#3599 4 years ago

Hopefully you can get your hands on some! Never had it but curious how it tastes.

Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I had been holding this bottle back for trade bait but hadn't gotten any decent offers. I'm working on negotiations with a guy who has a bottle of Old Fitzgerald 13yr. Hoping to display it up here next week if things go right cause I hear its amazing.

#3600 4 years ago

I know it’s not bourbon but my local Costco had green spot on the shelf today. Couldn’t pass it up at around $40.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.