Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 235.
    #3701 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Little Book 2 it is. My palate is shot so I will refer to the nouns and adjectives in the pic. A little sweet, a lot strong. Would buy and drink again![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice color amber

#3702 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve never had it, any of the chapters. That’s why I want you to try it haha. We’re re-doing a bathroom up in the loft in my house and today was toilet/vanity/faucet installation. Just a comedy of stupid shit popping up, 3 trips to the hardware store blah blah.....I have to jigsaw a big hole in the vanity because of the plumbing and my wife HAS to have this particular vanity that is going to be the death of me. Installed the faucet all the way to the second to last step and had to dis-assemble the whole thing because the directions didn’t specify the direction of a bracket and of course it was backwards. I was planning on working on my pins all day tomorrow but now I have to work on the bathroom again grrr...

Bathrooms are the fucking worst. My master is over a garage so close to 350 sq ft. Damn vanities were about 3k each before plumbing. You can spend as much as you want in hardware. I saved thousands by opening corporate accounts (I am just a homeowner) but still high end plumbing is expensive. Good luck with that.

#3703 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Little Book 2 it is. My palate is shot so I will refer to the nouns and adjectives in the pic. A little sweet, a lot strong. Would buy and drink again![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That description on the tag sounds great. 118 proof? That’s in my wheelhouse.

#3704 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Bathrooms are the fucking worst. My master is over a garage so close to 350 sq ft. Damn vanities were about 3k each before plumbing. You can spend as much as you want in hardware. I saved thousands by opening corporate accounts (I am just a homeowner) but still high end plumbing is expensive. Good luck with that.

3k vanities? 350 sq feet? Holy shit! Got any pins in there haha.

#3705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

That description on the tag sounds great. 118 proof? That’s in my wheelhouse.

Well, I’m the last hour and half I have had about 7 fingers of 115 plus proof good bourbon and have a had a blast watching wrestling. Having a blast

#3706 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Well, I’m the last hour and half I have had about 7 fingers of 115 plus proof good bourbon and have a had a blast watching wrestling. Having a blast

You’re the guy with the killer backyard on the water right? I have some really good friends in Annapolis, dude plays trumpet in the Navy band. If I’m ever out that way I’ll give you a shout and we can have a few pouts.

#3707 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

3k vanities? 350 sq feet? Holy shit! Got any pins in there haha.

I only have a hook that I paid 700 bucks for in 99. More pins will come later. The house is a fixer upper on the Chesapeake bay that I am two years into. I spent 36k on kitchen cabinets this summer for reference. Will all be worth it when I am done

Dock is beyond expensive but will give me about a 1.75 ROi.

#3708 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

You’re the guy with the killer backyard on the water right? I have some really good friends in Annapolis, dude plays trumpet in the Navy band. If I’m ever out that way I’ll give you a shout and we can have a few pouts.

I am indeed. It will take a while to get the house where I want it to be but I will get there. Come any time time my friend. I am about five mins by car or boat from the Academy. Going in two weeks to watch the brigade boxing championship, which will be awesome!

#3709 4 years ago

I just realized I could have probably combined both postings. I am toasted. I make no apologies. I am having a blast on a random Sunday night.

#3710 4 years ago

No apologies! Happy Sunday...here is a Buffalo Trace OF at Whole Foods

44CDEE4D-428B-4D4C-A2E0-709B2FA25475 (resized).jpeg44CDEE4D-428B-4D4C-A2E0-709B2FA25475 (resized).jpeg
    #3711 4 years ago

I’ll tell you what, there’s nothing a pour of Russell’s Reserve SiB and a 30 minute game of Lord Of The Rings won’t cure.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3712 4 years ago

Something different for you. The best tequila in the world. Don Julio Real. Better than most bourbons and more expensive.

FDC8DE5B-48CC-420C-A176-BAC902F9B371 (resized).jpegFDC8DE5B-48CC-420C-A176-BAC902F9B371 (resized).jpeg
    #3713 4 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Something different for you. The best tequila in the world. Don Julio Real. Better than most bourbons and more expensive.[quoted image]

I need to get more tequila in my life. I’ve been nursing this guy for a while.

#3714 4 years ago

In other news, this Stagg Jr batch 12 is indeed as good as everyone has been saying. 9.5/10

#3715 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I need to get more tequila in my life. I’ve been nursing this guy for a while.[quoted image]

1942 is fantastic but there is so much more out there. Imperfect and I don’t agree with the analogy but since so many of your are stagg folks I will put it in familiar terms. 1942 is Stagg Jr. Don Julio Real is the greatest Stagg ever. Times 2.

#3716 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ll tell you what, there’s nothing a pour of Russell’s Reserve SiB and a 30 minute game of Lord Of The Rings won’t cure.[quoted image]

Wuss.. I used to get 45 minute + games.

LOL!! Longest games I ever endured were with LOTR. Fantastic game.

#3717 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Wuss.. I used to get 45 minute + games.
    LOL!! Longest games I ever endured were with LOTR. Fantastic game.

Haha. It wasn’t my best game, just a good one. One of my jobs tomorrow was to do a flipper rebuild on LOTR with the upgraded coils but now I have to work on this GOD DAMN BATHROOM lol. I keep telling my wife how hard it is to destroy the ring with the current overheating coils but it’s not registering.

#3718 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Haha. It wasn’t my best game, just a good one. One of my jobs tomorrow was to do a flipper rebuild on LOTR with the upgraded coils but now I have to work on this GOD DAMN BATHROOM lol. I keep telling my wife how hard it is to destroy the ring with the current overheating coils but it’s not registering.

Yep, back when I had the game (went through 2 of them!), the PinballLife LOTR coils were GREAT. No more fading out or trying to push the damn machine to get the ball up that ramp!

I should have never sold it.... what a great pin.

LOTR (resized).pngLOTR (resized).png
    #3719 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I keep telling my wife how hard it is to destroy the ring with the current overheating coils but it’s not registering.

OH... If you figure out how to "splain" it, please let me know. I could use the tip."

#3720 4 years ago

Imagine being in a 4 person group at Pinburgh, in the final round of the night, in a group where the cutoff bubble for "A" was basically being decided, and playing a game of LOTR. After the first two players were done with their 30ish minute first balls, I stepped up to a game that had coils so warm, I'm pretty certain you could feel them radiating heat through the lockdown bar...needless to say, the flippers were absolute mush, and I'm willing to bet we had the longest single round of the entire tournament. I know people were standing around drinking beers waiting for us to finish up well past 10 p.m.

#3721 4 years ago

Did any of you guys who got that Walking Dead bourbon taste it and see if it was actually decent or if it was a total joke?

#3722 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Did any of you guys who got that Walking Dead bourbon taste it and see if it was actually decent or if it was a total joke?

I felt undead after drinking it!
    ( I haven’t tried it... I’m afraid to)

#3723 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

have not opened mine yet, but online reviews said it was decent and guessed it was a heaven hill product

#3724 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

have not opened mine yet, but online reviews said it was decent and guessed it was a heaven hill product

Yeah I heard it was kind of middle-of-the-road or a little better than average but I couldn't pass it up. I was just at Binny's and it was on closeout for $9.99 a bottle.

#3725 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yeah I heard it was kind of middle-of-the-road or a little better than average but I couldn't pass it up. I was just at Binny's and it was on closeout for $9.99 a bottle.

They are blowing it out at a store by my house for $15, still haven't grabbed one yet but I'd be a player at $10. The monthly special at this store is Elijah Craig Small Batch or Evan Williams Single Barrel for $17 so if I need a cheaper bottle I'm grabbing one of those.

#3726 4 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

They are blowing it out at a store by my house for $15, still haven't grabbed one yet but I'd be a player at $10. The monthly special at this store is Elijah Craig Small Batch or Evan Williams Single Barrel for $17 so if I need a cheaper bottle I'm grabbing one of those.

Holy cow $17 is dirt cheap on that elijah craig I would be stocking up big time

#3727 4 years ago

Well i'm glad I only spent $10 on this bottle. Overall it isn't horrible but it is definitely a novelty bottle imo. This will be relegated to the feiends shelf when they want a jack and coke. It is very light and you can tell as soon as you pour it that it is a very immature bourbon. Oh well you never know till you try something or at least that's the BS i tell my kids.

20200218_133348 (resized).jpg20200218_133348 (resized).jpg
    #3728 4 years ago

Anyone have thoughts on CYPB? What’s a reasonable price??

#3729 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anyone have thoughts on CYPB? What’s a reasonable price??

They trade hands for around $450 on the secondary market...When they were released, I think they retailed at $49, but it's been a few years now.

Only you can determine if that's reasonable to you.

I've had it, and to me, I wouldn't pay a penny more than msrp, fwiw

#3730 4 years ago

Yeah that's in line with the price I was told. Seems super high compared to the other Weller offerings. I like the other offerings in the line, but don't think I like them that much!!

#3731 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

LOL, I didn't even look at the price
    I was like "walking dead bourbon - cool bottle" and threw it in the cart
    no clue what i paid

#3732 4 years ago

My first try of a little Bardstown.
    Starting with the Discovery.. will f/u with some of the Prisoner.
    I like it so far.

IMG_7525 (resized).jpegIMG_7525 (resized).jpeg

#3733 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

My first try of a little Bardstown.
    Starting with the Discovery.. will f/u with some of the Prisoner.
    I like it so far.
    [quoted image]

I’ve heard some very high praise for Bardstown from some real bourbon snobs. I’ve almost bought some several times, I need to pull the trigger. Please keep us posted.

#3734 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Please keep us posted.

I developed a rating scale. It ranges from The Prisoner....... to ...... The Discovery.

The Prisoner begins.... The Discovery ends.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg

#3735 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Please keep us posted.

I prefer The Prisoner. I could drink it all night.

#3736 4 years ago

/

#3737 4 years ago

Was in a store today and noticed they had all three batches of Knob Creek 2001 Limited Edition. Did anyone here try these when they were released a few years back?

#3738 4 years ago

Alright. Just one.

#3739 4 years ago

/

#3740 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Alright. Just one.[quoted image]

Make that 1 more 4. (:

#3741 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Make that 1 more 4. (:

Shit! Who told you?

#3742 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I prefer The Prisoner. I could drink it all night.

Oh shit... no I can't....

freeman.giffreeman.gif
    #3743 4 years ago

Stumbled onto this today.

#3744 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Stumbled onto this today.[quoted image]

Stumble into that store more often

#3745 4 years ago

Tried the Col Taylor yesterday in a bar in DC. 16 bucks for a pour. I can see why people like it but it was not necessarily in my wheelhouse. Nice find all the way around.

#3746 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Stumble into that store more often

I hope to I’m driving into Kentucky tonight briefly I’ll stop in a couple places to see what else I can find

#3747 4 years ago

I hope to I’m driving into Kentucky tonight briefly I’ll stop in a couple places to see what else I can find

Sweet nothing like a nice bourbon hunting trip. When you make it to the Kentucky line give me a holler I will send you my list of bottles I'm looking for

#3748 4 years ago

Sure thing

#3749 4 years ago

My bro-in-law was just down in KY about 3 weeks ago and scored a bottle of Peerless for like $72. If you see it snag it I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

#3750 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

My bro-in-law was just down in KY about 3 weeks ago and scored a bottle of Peerless for like $72. If you see it snag it I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

I have a bottle it sells around here too.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.