(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captainhook.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5450 5 years ago

Another issue I noticed today while playing the pro at Game Exchange. I was having a good game and then all of a sudden the whole machine completely blacked out? Then booted itself back up. Node board problem? I don't think I'll be buying these new Spike system games till they figure these node Boards out!

#5459 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I saw it I thought it looked exactly like a WPC low voltage reboot. It was a little startling.
My biggest concern about buying any new Stern game is the long term viability/repair ability/availability (and non-standardization) of node boards 3-5-10 years down the road. This is the first Spike 2 game I’ve had any serious interest in other than Batman. There are a number of other threads to talk about those issues, but there is an inner voice aware of that concern slightly tempering the childlike excitement and anticipation of a new game.

I don't like the new Spike system. Node boards are outrageously priced and I'm not rich and can't afford to replace them all the time ! I've never had a problem with my TWD Sam system!

#5563 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I know shit about pinball outside of the games I have owned so take it for what’s its worth but I would like to hear a review on gameplay from somebody who is already on a list to get the game
I appreciate a pro player review of gameplay for sure .
I had WD and loved it but waiting 2 years to see last man standing was intriguing in and of itself but I didn’t kill me that I didn’t get to it when I went to sell it.
I did miss having the walking Dead in the basement though
I am really looking forward to this game and would like to hear some love on gameplay
I love the shadow
Last time I played 350 mil first ball
Doesn’t take away from the game
All I need to know is ,is this thing really fun and fast,smooth,etc

I'm not on the list to buy however I have played it two consecutive days at Game Exchange. It plays smooth very similar Playfield layout as TWD. The pro cabinet art and Translate are my favorite. I'm comparing it to TWD and it just feels kind of cheap in comparison! No drop targets that's a huge negative for me so I'm out i think unless I win one in the raffle.

20190118_143329 (resized).jpg20190118_143329 (resized).jpg
#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

My big question to everyone who gets a new Munsters, or any NIB or used pin, do you not take the glass off and run it through everything with your fingers, or is that the unspoken, you better never admit you have done it, most sacrilegious, blasphemous thing you could ever admit to doing in pinball? Just asking for a friend...

A wise man once told me. It's your game you can do whatever you want with it.

#5923 5 years ago

So let's do an in thread poll . If you are buying the game and you have played it give me a up vote. If you are buying the game and have not played it give me a down vote.

#5930 5 years ago

Just trying to figure out how many people throw their money at it without playing first, I know I wouldn't buy a new car without driving it. Up or down does it really matter?

Quoted from jfh:

I played t, but still haven’t decided. I’m more likely than not to buy one so giving you a thumbs up anyway. But I would have flipped the thumbs up/down criteria.

#5949 5 years ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

"Throwing money away" seems a bit harsh. Even if I decide the game is not a keeper and resell it at a loss, I'm pretty sure the fun I have for 3, 6, or 9 months will cover that expense.
Now, would I spend close to 6K on a pin I hadn't played, knowing I had absolutely no chance of recouping any of it? ... No.
Would, I spend close to 6K on a pin I hadn't played, knowing I could recoup 80 to 85% of my money if I didn't want to keep it? ... well, I just did, so that answer is obviously, Yes.

I grew up with nothing so money matters to me. I have to work hard for everything I own. I don't like losing money on things so I guess I'm one of those guys that comes in and buys one of these second-hand games. Like I did on TWD!

2 months later
#8139 5 years ago

Who-Dey, I love your enthusiasm for this game. Different Strokes for different folks I guess. I have played all three models, I'm very disappointed as this was a dream theme for me! This game will never compete with TWD!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,564 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Captainhook.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming?tu=Captainhook and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.