4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1,310 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 153 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.18.34 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20181010-114300_Gallery (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20181010-114247_Gallery (resized).jpg
    C813AEE5-C4F3-4A03-BD0F-27F444CCD7D0 (resized).png
    E3BEE684-8CD4-4300-A282-631CB7886384 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1E48069A-399B-42D0-8EA0-FD78FA89460C (resized).png
    FA16DB0F-C37C-4648-B905-FD09701F6723 (resized).png
    870293546-1024x1024 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181008_125557138 (resized).jpg
    BF071989-0EA5-4EE0-B0C3-91E3C5824916 (resized).png
    87432DEA-1907-40EE-93AD-1448FBCBF1DF (resized).png
    826EBB48-865B-48CF-B65C-38A4DA8BEEA9 (resized).png

There are 1312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.
    #1 4 months ago

With the speculation of Munsters coming, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.
    Are you looking forward to it, have you heard any news on it, do you know who's involved, do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?
    I'm looking at getting one so am excited. Hoping it's a Franchi, Borg and Sheats pin but who knows.

I guess the biggest news so far was this:
    http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-munsters-to-tpf-deeproot-pinball-price-range-nyc-pinball-championship-more/

#2 4 months ago

I don't know any special info about it, but I'm definitely looking forward to a Munsters pin (and Elvira if it's still happening). ACNC is getting my money in the short term. IMDN is on my radar, but if Munsters is out by the time I'm willing to put more funds into pinball, I wouldn't be surprised if I go that route instead. However, Fall Out Boy may have tainted the theme music for me a bit...sigh.

#3 4 months ago

If its built with quality and real artwork yes, but thats not the direction Sterns heading.I know I will get the thumbs down but my new AFMLE and DI limited are beautifully made,I dont like stuff done on the cheap.

#4 4 months ago

I watched the show as a kid and liked it, even though it was way before my time, but the theme does nothing for me in the pinball realm. I am way more excited for Monster Bash.

#5 4 months ago

Built with quality from stern, don’t count on it

#6 4 months ago

I sure hope so! I would love to see Brian Eddy do it. Have spot come out of the staircase breathing fire! Maybe have an under playfield sorta like Haunted House for Grandpas lab! They need to do it right though. Use the second seasons theme the one with the electric guitar!

#7 4 months ago

Phone booth toy, stairway with spot, grandpa's lab entrance. It should be a easy theme to make fun. Needs to be funny. No dimples needed but splitting cab may fit theme.

#8 4 months ago

The other question mark is 'would it be in color or Black and White'?

#9 4 months ago
    Quoted from Macca101010:

With the speculation of Munsters coming, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.
    Are you looking forward to it, have you heard any news on it, do you know who's involved, do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?
    I'm looking at getting one so am excited. Hoping it's a Franchi, Borg and Sheats pin but who knows.
    I guess the biggest news so far was this:
    http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-munsters-to-tpf-deeproot-pinball-price-range-nyc-pinball-championship-more/

Hey Macca,

I think we are in on a LE. I think it is Borg and hopefully Lyman. New game design with new mechs. We have a space ready!

#10 4 months ago
    Quoted from whitey:

If its built with quality and real artwork yes

"Nevermore, Nevermore"

1437849699-0 (resized).jpg

#11 4 months ago

your topic heading makes it sound like a fact, not another speculation thread.

#12 4 months ago

Great theme!!! It's a smorgasbord of ideas. Grampa's lab is almost a theme all by itself.

#13 4 months ago

Great theme. Grew up watching Munsters and Batman 66.
    Hopefully Stern can really do it justice with the layout. They have nailed the graphics and sound lately with IMDN and AS.
    If they nail it, I’m in on an LE.

#14 4 months ago

I think the Munsters would be a great pin, if made by JJP and not Stern. I'd like to see CGC come out w/ a remake of TAF, based after the TV show...all black and white artwork, similar to the B&W TZ that's been posted here on pinside.

#15 4 months ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Macca,
    I think we are in on a LE. I think it is Borg and hopefully Lyman. New game design with new mechs. We have a space ready!

Awesome theme, no brainer. It's Borg and hopefully his TWD sidekick Lyman on code. My biggest fear and probably a no go would be Lonnie on the code. I'd just have to wait for Beatles.

I'm already on the list for an LE! (Well i carried over my deposit from SW)

#16 4 months ago

Sign me up for an LE. Great theme!

#17 4 months ago
    Quoted from Macca101010:

do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?

If it’s happening Munsters will likely be a cornerstone title Pro, Prem & LE, with the SLE saved for Beatles, after all Beatles licensing is known to be notoriously expensive and those SLEs make up a big slice of the profit pie!

#18 4 months ago

LEs have been requested from my distro, what a great theme this can be. I wouldn't mind seeing The Munsters into screen start with black and white when slowly change to colour.

Catchy tune, fun for everyone how could it not be. Yes Mr Sheats we allow you to work on this release.

#19 4 months ago

Theme does nothing for me but if it has good code, gameplay, features, lighting and art if be interested of course

#20 4 months ago

I watched The Munsters pretty relentlessly as a kid but it doesnt excite me as a theme. It's not a turn off, just doesn't move the needle on theme alone.

#21 4 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome theme, no brainer. It's Borg and hopefully his TWD sidekick Lyman on code. My biggest fear and probably a no go would be Lonnie on the code. I'd just have to wait for Beatles.
    I'm already on the list for an LE! (Well i carried over my deposit from SW)

I am going to contact my distro and put our name down today! We sold a machine over the week end so we have a space. Lonnie on code will probably kill the game for us too.

#22 4 months ago
    Quoted from extendo:

LEs have been requested from my distro, what a great theme this can be. I wouldn't mind seeing The Munsters into screen start with black and white when slowly change to colour.
    Catchy tune, fun for everyone how could it not be. Yes Mr Sheats we allow you to work on this release.

Wow! I am a bit slow on this one. I put our name on the list today.

#23 4 months ago

It's definitely a good theme. Best TV theme song ever. You know there has to be a raising staircase ramp.

This just makes me wonder how Stern is ever going to make all of the games that are rumors at this point? Seriously, even if some of the games are "boutique", there are still too many. Something has to give. Maybe the Munsters will be made and SM78 won't? Maybe The Beatles isn't for a couple of years? What happened to Jurassic World? Deadpool? Elvira? BK3000?

#24 4 months ago

Should be the next release.

I don't think that will be Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme.

#25 4 months ago

Definitely think Franchi is going to get the art package on this one. He's currently pimping the Munsters Moebius kits on his FB page showcasing his artwork. If nothing else the machine will look amazing.

#26 4 months ago

Will each game come with an AARP Membership?

#27 4 months ago

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen. 2018-05-20 19_39_33-the munsters car - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#28 4 months ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Will each game come with an AARP Membership?

As long as we get the senior discount

#29 4 months ago

I heard the Munsters are huge in South America

#30 4 months ago

I watched oddball episodes here and there probably close to 20 years ago when it was re-running on TV Land, and thought it was funny back then.

I finally watched the whole series a year or two ago on netflix. It's not a top sitcom by today's standards, but it's still amusing after all these years.

Would it make a good pin? Eh, *maybe*, but I would think there are probably better and more current licenses that could be done instead.

#31 4 months ago
    Quoted from Macca101010:

The other question mark is 'would it be in color or Black and White'?

How sweet would an all black and while LE model be?

#32 4 months ago

Munsters is Fact, no speculation. 4th 1/4 this year. Too many eyes reading pinside, can't comment further.

Let's get Deadpool out of the gate first ehh.

#33 4 months ago

Really anticipating this title- fun, campy theme with lots pf potential.
    Gotta hope they get full access to the show clips.
    A great time to be in this hobby.

#34 4 months ago

Makes sense. Lasted as long on tv as TAF. Potential reboot in the works too so the timing makes sense. Could be fun if there was a raising stairs ramp and a sub playfield for the dungeon.

#35 4 months ago

. . . or the Monster Squad?

monster-squad-tv-series3 (resized).jpg

#36 4 months ago

How many monster shows were there? I can’t tell Munsters apart from Addams Family so I hope they’re the same game.

#37 4 months ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Makes sense. Lasted as long on tv as TAF. Potential reboot in the works too so the timing makes sense. Could be fun if there was a raising stairs ramp and a sub playfield for the dungeon.

An announcement of a possible new reboot last year:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-munsters-reboot-nbc-jill-kargman-seth-meyers-1202146048/

It was also rebooted once before in 2012 as a single pilot/special:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockingbird_Lane

#38 4 months ago

Better have a staircase ramp with a dragon underneath, (spot).

#39 4 months ago

Really wish Stern would look at themes for people who don't get the senior discount at Denny's.

#40 4 months ago

what's a munstar

#41 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen.

no way in hell that is up to code

#42 4 months ago

More incentive to get Monster Bash on the market earlier than later?

Quoted from mnpinball:

Munsters is Fact, no speculation. 4th 1/4 this year. Too many eyes reading pinside, can't comment further.
    Let's get Deadpool out of the gate first ehh.

#43 4 months ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen.

Yep, Munsters had the coolest car.

munsters-car (resized).jpg

#44 4 months ago
    Quoted from J85M:

If it’s happening Munsters will likely be a cornerstone title Pro, Prem & LE, with the SLE saved for Beatles, after all Beatles licensing is known to be notoriously expensive and those SLEs make up a big slice of the profit pie!

Apparently Borg wanted to do a Munsters SLE to pack more stuff into the game but not happening.

Agree that Beatles HAS to be the SLE title.

Munsters was down for TPF 19 but link has now been removed. Think that was on TWIP.

#45 4 months ago

This is a dream theme for me. Please do not eff this up Stern! This needs to be a Borg/Lyman game BAD!!!

munstersfamilyportrait (resized).jpg

#46 4 months ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is a dream theme for me. Please do not eff this up Stern!

You KNOW they will use the wrong Marilyn. Beverly vs Pat Priest.

#47 4 months ago

Does a lot people outside the usa ever seen this tv show?
    I had no idea what munsters was... not sure if this theme will be a hit outside the usa :-/

#48 4 months ago
    Quoted from Ballypin:

You KNOW they will use the wrong Marilyn. Beverly vs Pat Priest.

I remember this show as a kid, but had to google this and look it up, obviously I am a little too young

#49 4 months ago

Here's a good doc on it for ya!

#50 4 months ago

Im in, but Lonnie on code would kill it for me as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 329.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Electronics
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 1312 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside