(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #550 Munsters Premium and LE cabinet art Posted by pinsanity (5 years ago)

Post #8004 0.96 Code change summary Posted by PanzerFreak (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 164.
#1 5 years ago

With the speculation of Munsters coming, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.
Are you looking forward to it, have you heard any news on it, do you know who's involved, do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?
I'm looking at getting one so am excited. Hoping it's a Franchi, Borg and Sheats pin but who knows.

I guess the biggest news so far was this:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-munsters-to-tpf-deeproot-pinball-price-range-nyc-pinball-championship-more/

#2 5 years ago

I don't know any special info about it, but I'm definitely looking forward to a Munsters pin (and Elvira if it's still happening). ACNC is getting my money in the short term. IMDN is on my radar, but if Munsters is out by the time I'm willing to put more funds into pinball, I wouldn't be surprised if I go that route instead. However, Fall Out Boy may have tainted the theme music for me a bit...sigh.

#3 5 years ago

If its built with quality and real artwork yes, but thats not the direction Sterns heading.I know I will get the thumbs down but my new AFMLE and DI limited are beautifully made,I dont like stuff done on the cheap.

#4 5 years ago

I watched the show as a kid and liked it, even though it was way before my time, but the theme does nothing for me in the pinball realm. I am way more excited for Monster Bash.

#5 5 years ago

Built with quality from stern, don’t count on it

#6 5 years ago

I sure hope so! I would love to see Brian Eddy do it. Have spot come out of the staircase breathing fire! Maybe have an under playfield sorta like Haunted House for Grandpas lab! They need to do it right though. Use the second seasons theme the one with the electric guitar!

#7 5 years ago

Phone booth toy, stairway with spot, grandpa's lab entrance. It should be a easy theme to make fun. Needs to be funny. No dimples needed but splitting cab may fit theme.

#8 5 years ago

The other question mark is 'would it be in color or Black and White'?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

With the speculation of Munsters coming, just wondered what peoples thoughts were.
Are you looking forward to it, have you heard any news on it, do you know who's involved, do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?
I'm looking at getting one so am excited. Hoping it's a Franchi, Borg and Sheats pin but who knows.
I guess the biggest news so far was this:
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-munsters-to-tpf-deeproot-pinball-price-range-nyc-pinball-championship-more/

Hey Macca,

I think we are in on a LE. I think it is Borg and hopefully Lyman. New game design with new mechs. We have a space ready!

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

If its built with quality and real artwork yes

"Nevermore, Nevermore"

1437849699-0 (resized).jpg1437849699-0 (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

your topic heading makes it sound like a fact, not another speculation thread.

#12 5 years ago

Great theme!!! It's a smorgasbord of ideas. Grampa's lab is almost a theme all by itself.

#13 5 years ago

Great theme. Grew up watching Munsters and Batman 66.
Hopefully Stern can really do it justice with the layout. They have nailed the graphics and sound lately with IMDN and AS.
If they nail it, I’m in on an LE.

#14 5 years ago

I think the Munsters would be a great pin, if made by JJP and not Stern. I'd like to see CGC come out w/ a remake of TAF, based after the TV show...all black and white artwork, similar to the B&W TZ that's been posted here on pinside.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Hey Macca,
I think we are in on a LE. I think it is Borg and hopefully Lyman. New game design with new mechs. We have a space ready!

Awesome theme, no brainer. It's Borg and hopefully his TWD sidekick Lyman on code. My biggest fear and probably a no go would be Lonnie on the code. I'd just have to wait for Beatles.

I'm already on the list for an LE! (Well i carried over my deposit from SW)

#16 5 years ago

Sign me up for an LE. Great theme!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

do you think it will be a Kapow with Premiums, LE's and SLE's?

If it’s happening Munsters will likely be a cornerstone title Pro, Prem & LE, with the SLE saved for Beatles, after all Beatles licensing is known to be notoriously expensive and those SLEs make up a big slice of the profit pie!

#18 5 years ago

LEs have been requested from my distro, what a great theme this can be. I wouldn't mind seeing The Munsters into screen start with black and white when slowly change to colour.

Catchy tune, fun for everyone how could it not be. Yes Mr Sheats we allow you to work on this release.

#19 5 years ago

Theme does nothing for me but if it has good code, gameplay, features, lighting and art if be interested of course

#20 5 years ago

I watched The Munsters pretty relentlessly as a kid but it doesnt excite me as a theme. It's not a turn off, just doesn't move the needle on theme alone.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome theme, no brainer. It's Borg and hopefully his TWD sidekick Lyman on code. My biggest fear and probably a no go would be Lonnie on the code. I'd just have to wait for Beatles.
I'm already on the list for an LE! (Well i carried over my deposit from SW)

I am going to contact my distro and put our name down today! We sold a machine over the week end so we have a space. Lonnie on code will probably kill the game for us too.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

LEs have been requested from my distro, what a great theme this can be. I wouldn't mind seeing The Munsters into screen start with black and white when slowly change to colour.
Catchy tune, fun for everyone how could it not be. Yes Mr Sheats we allow you to work on this release.

Wow! I am a bit slow on this one. I put our name on the list today.

#23 5 years ago

It's definitely a good theme. Best TV theme song ever. You know there has to be a raising staircase ramp.

This just makes me wonder how Stern is ever going to make all of the games that are rumors at this point? Seriously, even if some of the games are "boutique", there are still too many. Something has to give. Maybe the Munsters will be made and SM78 won't? Maybe The Beatles isn't for a couple of years? What happened to Jurassic World? Deadpool? Elvira? BK3000?

#24 5 years ago

Should be the next release.

I don't think that will be Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme.

#25 5 years ago

Definitely think Franchi is going to get the art package on this one. He's currently pimping the Munsters Moebius kits on his FB page showcasing his artwork. If nothing else the machine will look amazing.

#26 5 years ago

Will each game come with an AARP Membership?

#27 5 years ago

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen. 2018-05-20 19_39_33-the munsters car - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-05-20 19_39_33-the munsters car - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Will each game come with an AARP Membership?

As long as we get the senior discount

#29 5 years ago

I heard the Munsters are huge in South America

#30 5 years ago

I watched oddball episodes here and there probably close to 20 years ago when it was re-running on TV Land, and thought it was funny back then.

I finally watched the whole series a year or two ago on netflix. It's not a top sitcom by today's standards, but it's still amusing after all these years.

Would it make a good pin? Eh, *maybe*, but I would think there are probably better and more current licenses that could be done instead.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

The other question mark is 'would it be in color or Black and White'?

How sweet would an all black and while LE model be?

#32 5 years ago

Munsters is Fact, no speculation. 4th 1/4 this year. Too many eyes reading pinside, can't comment further.

Let's get Deadpool out of the gate first ehh.

#33 5 years ago

Really anticipating this title- fun, campy theme with lots pf potential.
Gotta hope they get full access to the show clips.
A great time to be in this hobby.

#34 5 years ago

Makes sense. Lasted as long on tv as TAF. Potential reboot in the works too so the timing makes sense. Could be fun if there was a raising stairs ramp and a sub playfield for the dungeon.

#35 5 years ago

. . . or the Monster Squad?

monster-squad-tv-series3 (resized).jpgmonster-squad-tv-series3 (resized).jpg

#36 5 years ago

How many monster shows were there? I can’t tell Munsters apart from Addams Family so I hope they’re the same game.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Makes sense. Lasted as long on tv as TAF. Potential reboot in the works too so the timing makes sense. Could be fun if there was a raising stairs ramp and a sub playfield for the dungeon.

An announcement of a possible new reboot last year:

http://deadline.com/2017/08/the-munsters-reboot-nbc-jill-kargman-seth-meyers-1202146048/

It was also rebooted once before in 2012 as a single pilot/special:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockingbird_Lane

#38 5 years ago

Better have a staircase ramp with a dragon underneath, (spot).

#39 5 years ago

Really wish Stern would look at themes for people who don't get the senior discount at Denny's.

#40 5 years ago

what's a munstar

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen.

no way in hell that is up to code

#42 5 years ago

More incentive to get Monster Bash on the market earlier than later?

Quoted from mnpinball:

Munsters is Fact, no speculation. 4th 1/4 this year. Too many eyes reading pinside, can't comment further.
Let's get Deadpool out of the gate first ehh.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

This is going to be bad ass flying across the LCD screen.

Yep, Munsters had the coolest car.

munsters-car (resized).jpgmunsters-car (resized).jpg

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If it’s happening Munsters will likely be a cornerstone title Pro, Prem & LE, with the SLE saved for Beatles, after all Beatles licensing is known to be notoriously expensive and those SLEs make up a big slice of the profit pie!

Apparently Borg wanted to do a Munsters SLE to pack more stuff into the game but not happening.

Agree that Beatles HAS to be the SLE title.

Munsters was down for TPF 19 but link has now been removed. Think that was on TWIP.

#45 5 years ago

This is a dream theme for me. Please do not eff this up Stern! This needs to be a Borg/Lyman game BAD!!!

munstersfamilyportrait (resized).jpgmunstersfamilyportrait (resized).jpg

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This is a dream theme for me. Please do not eff this up Stern!

You KNOW they will use the wrong Marilyn. Beverly vs Pat Priest.

#47 5 years ago

Does a lot people outside the usa ever seen this tv show?
I had no idea what munsters was... not sure if this theme will be a hit outside the usa :-/

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

You KNOW they will use the wrong Marilyn. Beverly vs Pat Priest.

I remember this show as a kid, but had to google this and look it up, obviously I am a little too young

#49 5 years ago

Here's a good doc on it for ya!

#50 5 years ago

Im in, but Lonnie on code would kill it for me as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 39.00
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
$ 49.99
13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.