(Topic ID: 217394)

The Munsters Hype (Because every evening its Halloween)

By Macca101010

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,184 posts
  • 660 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Puffdanny
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MunP (resized).jpg
5EF43185-EF71-45A0-A5FC-08EE1C4BB4D9 (resized).jpeg
DD2E6881-8D27-4037-B12E-9D9B2BAFA7B7 (resized).jpeg
Munsters Koach (resized).png
Beveryly Hillbillies (resized).jpg
20190321_153321 (resized).jpg
20190321_171753 (resized).jpg
CD7016E3-2AD0-469D-BB99-6B135AAEF04C (resized).jpeg
paddle.gif
chair.gif
96D0E61E-E5CB-4F95-8B62-27C278D209F7 (resized).png
20190318_212500 (resized).jpg
20190318_212450 (resized).jpg
20190318_212433 (resized).jpg
20190318_212429 (resized).jpg
20190318_212418 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 164.
#8001 5 years ago

New code posted!!!

Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.57.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-03-11 at 5.57.00 PM (resized).png
#8002 5 years ago

Boom new code.... its only gonna get better but the .96 is nice

#8003 5 years ago

While that looks a lot, unfortunaely the actual additions to gameplay are little and arent anywhere near enough to get this (Munsters fan ) fence sitter over the line yet.

Eagerly watching and awaiting a lot more.....

#8004 5 years ago

Maybe Dwight and Stern have been reading this thread. This is a nice addition to add some more variety to the game.

New Munster Madness level - This is a four ball multiball
- Moved the old Munster Madness to level II and increased the scoring.
- Created a new Munster Madness level I that is similar but simpler.
- There are 5 areas: Herman, Raven, Lily, Spot, and Grandpa
- There are two stages:
- STAGE ONE - Shoot Each Area three times
- Starting with Herman, you will want to shoot each area up to
3 times before the time runs out.
- You can also shoot the 4 lower playfield jackpots.
- You have 10 seconds per area.
- When the timer run out or you complete the area, you will
move to the next area
- When all 5 area are complete or timed out you will move to
the next stage.
- STAGE TWO - Shoot a hurry up at the Electric Chair
- In this stage, all the shots you made in stage one, including
the lower level jackpots, contribute to the value of a hurry
up that starts to count down.
- Shoot the electric Chair to collect it.
- If you collect it or if it times out you will move back to
stage one.
- After stage two the lower playfield jackpots will only light
after each time you hit the current area.
- The only Zap Jackpot opportunities during this multiball are on
the lower level.
- After stage two the lower playfield jackpots will only light
after each time you hit the current area.

#8005 5 years ago

Munster Madness was already pretty easy. Not sure why a new version was made easier.

#8006 5 years ago

Played Munsters LE at Pinball Pete’s in Ann Arbor over the weekend. Absolutely loved it. Will definitely get an LE or Premium somewhere down the road used. Stern NIB just keeps going up while used prices are pretty similar across the board for newer Sterns over the last 5 years or so.

#8007 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Munster Madness was already pretty easy. Not sure why a new version was made easier.

Easy for you not for me you must be a Pinball Wizard

#8008 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Pretty easy to get to.. not finish. Now with things changed up i doubt i see level 2 madness at all .

#8009 5 years ago

When the pictures first came out didn’t anyone who is complaining about code see that there was only 5 windows of characters in the windows between the flippers? I don’t get it that’s the first thing I saw
I like the way the game is being built
Great update,fixes a lot ,smooths out alot and gives owners flexibility to change rules themselves to make things harder if they choose
He will add more isn’t the first good update usually smoothing stuff out ?
I didn’t expect any major adds this go round

#8010 5 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I didn’t expect any major adds this go round

With the code at .96 now I don’t expect any major adds period.

#8011 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

With the code at .96 now I don’t expect any major adds period.

Come back in six months and see if your right and you can tell me all about it
I am not a code junkie
I like more but I like the game now
This game always makes me smile

#8012 5 years ago

I am not a code junkie

You win man.Play Batman 66 forever.
It’s the best game ever made you are right and made the right choice and have a bunch of money to buy another toy

#8013 5 years ago

I am not a code junkie

I’m glad you like the game. I like it too but am waiting 6 months or so to see if I actually want to own one long term.

#8014 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m glad you like the game. I like it too but am waiting 6 months or so to see if I actually want to own one long term.

Great

#8015 5 years ago

Since new game code has just come out I have a basic question for those who are all knowing when it comes to coding. My question really pertains to general game settings found in the utilities menu to set the game to Home play, Directors, Medium, or easy, play etc. When changing those particular settings what exactly does that do with respect to changing or altering game code?, and is that built into all game code updates so as game code progresses those other parameters change along with it ?

I leave the bulk of all game settings to factory defaults, with minor adjustments to slings, eject power, ball saves, or other top level menu adjustments, but have never changed any of those other settings I made reference to above. So I was just curious what all happens to a game (not specific to Munster's), but in general for Stern Whitestar, Spike, etc. when you change those settings.

Thanks in advance!

#8016 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Since new game code has just come out I have a basic question for those who are all knowing when it comes to coding. My question really pertains to general game settings found in the utilities menu to set the game to Home play, Directors, Medium, or easy, play etc. When changing those particular settings what exactly does that do with respect to changing or altering game code?, and is that built into all game code updates so as game code progresses those other parameters change along with it ?
I leave the bulk of all game settings to factory defaults, with minor adjustments to slings, eject power, ball saves, or other top level menu adjustments, but have never changed any of those other settings I made reference to above. So I was just curious what all happens to a game (not specific to Munster's), but in general for Stern Whitestar, Spike, etc. when you change those settings.
Thanks in advance!

The Install settings you mention simply set a series of individual adjustments. Think of them as a shortcut for entering a series of specific values for some number of adjustments. Each of those adjustments are static and don’t change the game code but change parameters the code uses (e.g. how many shots to x are required to satisfy goal y or is a required to do b).

For example, if there is an adjustment for a HARD setting it might disable ball save and set the number of shots needed to complete three different modes (or whatever) to the maximum number (e.g. don’t spot any S-P-O-T lights) or an adjustment for HOME would automatically set Free Play to YES.

#8017 5 years ago

Really glad to see new Munsters code as a Ghostbusters owner lol.

2vwgtd (resized).jpg2vwgtd (resized).jpg

#8018 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Really glad to see new Munsters code as a Ghostbusters owner lol.
[quoted image]

haha...yea right, its a joke

#8019 5 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks in advance!

It just changes a bunch of adjustments to the game all at once so you don't have to go in and change things one by one. It doesn't change the code itself, it changes the behavior of the game based on variables the code uses. It's just a shortcut to save time for the user, essentially.

#8020 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It just changes a bunch of adjustments to the game all at once so you don't have to go in and change things one by one. It doesn't change the code itself, it changes the behavior of the game based on variables the code uses. It's just a shortcut to save time for the user, essentially.

Thank you vireland, your explanation is what I kind of assumed, so U confirmed it for me.

#8021 5 years ago

I got to throw down a good handful of games on an LE today so I’ll give my initial impressions and mini review. First, and foremost, this game is fantastic! From the art, to the display, to the call outs, to the shots, to the mini pf, and yes, even the rules. What a great fun pin. These guys nailed it. I had fun from start to finish. I quite enjoyed playing the mini pf and getting its jackpots up to red and cashing in. I thought the zap meter jp was a great feature even though I didn’t quite get understand it completely, but what I did was fun.

Now for the bad; I think, and hope, most of this bad will be corrected in code. First off, transitions from scene to scene need to be sped up and/or smoother - this is mystery’s, dragster, starting the mini pf, etc... there just seemed to choppy slow transitions compared to the speed of the game. The next thing is that there was an obvious bug on the LE in Munster madness 2 & 3 with grandpa. I got to play both pf ‘s briefly but grandpas lair seemed to freeze up and a 5 second countdown timer kept going off but nothing was lit on the pf, grandpas lair wasn’t active, and the display read “Shoot The” ...who is The? Lol. This hindered my progress in both MM2 and MM3.

The game was running the latest code because Munster madness was more simplistic than what I’ve seen in streams.

Also, I don’t think I’m that big of a fan of the super jackpot - there needs to be something more to it but I just can’t put my finger on it quite yet.

I found the kitty shot, and multiplier rules with boosting and LILY scoring fantastic. I enjoyed all the character modes throughout all 3 levels and was satisfying to see that spot was just a one shot mode in the level 3 tiers (and 2 too? I forget).

As cheap as the single bank targets are for LILY and Dragster, it really works well with the rules so it really didn’t bother me and I welcomed it with this ruleset as it didn’t feel like too much work getting LILY going whereas having sing stand ups would be aggrevating compared to its payoff.

All in all; it is a fun pin. But after making it to MM#3 I had no desire to play again but this could have been for multiple reasons. I didn’t have fun on MM2 & 3 because nothing was lit but countdowns and a propable bug so the payoff for all the work just wasn’t gratifying enough to want to play again. And, I had limited time and wanted to play other pins haha. But in the end, I can see this game getting stale quick in a small line up with where the code is at. Hope it gets a lot more polish with some added rules to MM and another layer or change to the super jp.

Oh edit; I did get to GC the LE I played with 260’ish or more million. It would have been much higher if I had something to shoot with 6x running in both MM2 and MM3. But somehow still managed to be the MM champ.

#8022 5 years ago

Just joined this thread. LOTS and LOTS of hate about this machine. I want a Pro REALLY bad, but have not played one yet. For those of you who have a Pro, did it meet your expectations...now that the honeymoon phase is over?
Plus, it now looks like there is new code to make it better.

#8023 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Just joined this thread. LOTS and LOTS of hate about this machine. I want a Pro REALLY bad, but have not played one yet. For those of you who have a Pro, did it meet your expectations...now that the honeymoon phase is over?

I like mine. I don't like any lower or mini playfields so I got the pro I Love it. Plus it's easy to shop a big plus.

#8024 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Love the pro.and new code made it even better

#8025 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It looks super fun...plus I remember the show being in syndication when I was young.
Thanks for the input!!

#8026 5 years ago

I didn't like my pro until after the honeymoon phase now I'm in love

#8027 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

This is a damn good game, ignore the haters because most of them hate on every game that gets released. I would think that there has to be a barcade in your area where you can go play one right? If so go try it out. I seriously doubt that you will be dissapointed.

#8028 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Haven't updated to the new code yet. I have read what the update consists of for the Pro, but what would you say actually makes it better?

Thanks for any feedback.

#8029 5 years ago

Set up our new Munsters Pro tonight and the translite didn’t light up on booting. Opened the backbox and there doesn’t appear to be any lights in there? Is it supposed to be lit?

#8030 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Set up our new Munsters Pro tonight and the translite didn’t light up on booting. Opened the backbox and there doesn’t appear to be any lights in there? Is it supposed to be lit?

LEDs are on the PC board. Yes, it should light up.

BBB5A942-4906-41CC-B704-BC84FE42044B (resized).jpegBBB5A942-4906-41CC-B704-BC84FE42044B (resized).jpeg
#8031 5 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

LEDs are on the PC board. Yes, it should light up.

Are they the 5 little tiny things on either side of the board?

93A0A0A2-3D27-48F1-8424-3D23162658C3 (resized).jpeg93A0A0A2-3D27-48F1-8424-3D23162658C3 (resized).jpeg
#8032 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Are they the 5 little tiny things on either side of the board?
[quoted image]

Yes

#8033 5 years ago

See this thread...missing jumper- someone else had problem.

Go to this thread and scroll to top to see picture of jumper.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/39#post-4885225

#8034 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

See this thread...missing jumper- someone else had problem.
Go to this thread and scroll to top to see picture of jumper.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1313-mockingbird-lane-munsters-club/page/39#post-4885225

The key post index at the top of every page has a direct link to that post.

#8035 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

You better like the theme
If you are pumped for this you will love it
When you “finish the game” as people like to say whatever that means,well what comes next is playing THE GAME again
Like AFM
If you think that tons of code is the only thing that will bring years of enjoyment to you then get something else
Themes like this are usually fun and wacky
That’s my two cents
Best Monster game ever

#8036 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

Honeymoon phase still on! go play one for yourself onsite will be the only 100% garantee you will get for yourself tbh.
But if you enjoy mode based games, or even mid to complex rules, then Munsters will get stale for you quick in a small home collection.

#8037 5 years ago

Thanks to everyone that responded to my post on the dark backbox! I removed the translite 3 times before I realized where the “bulbs” were located....LOL

Huge thanks to Chris at Pascaretti Enterprises for bringing the jumper out on Saturday morning and helping getting the game lit up!

#8038 5 years ago

Any word on Premiums yet?

#8039 5 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Any word on Premiums yet?

My distro left me the impression that mine would ship this week. They asked for final payment on the 15th stating that I was one of the first in line for their sales list but who knows.

#8040 5 years ago

Munsters number 3!!!! BOOM!!!
Say whaaaaat??? That’s what I am talking about!!

#8041 5 years ago
4D8736C4-15B5-4FE5-8568-CCFA8DF98FBE (resized).png4D8736C4-15B5-4FE5-8568-CCFA8DF98FBE (resized).png
#8042 5 years ago

Munsters number 3!!!! BOOM!!!
Say whaaaaat??? That’s what I am talking about!!

Well I'll be, how on earth did such a terrible game end up at #3 in the top 100?

#8043 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well I'll be, how on earth did such a terrible game end up at #3 in the top 100?

Don't get to excited.. the usual low raters will hit this week lol

#8044 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe because it only got 80 some ratings yet
Don’t get me wrong I think Munsters is a very nice game but 3rd best of all games ever made. Uhm no.

#8045 5 years ago

Surely not better than Iron Maiden and Metallica and yes i have a Munsters LE ordered not hating on it just can not be rated that high surely.

#8046 5 years ago

I guess it’s in the “eye of the beholder”
so to speak

#8047 5 years ago

Munsters smokes Maiden

#8048 5 years ago

Munsters smokes Maiden

I've had both pros.. i liked the layout of maiden but thats where it ended . Overall i like munsters better...

#8049 5 years ago

Maiden is a great game
Most of these games are
Just for me Munsters way more fun for me
I like the way it’s shaping up

#8050 5 years ago

I love the munsters theme and enjoyed the pro
Was ok with the Maiden theme, but absolutely loved the layout and rules
Munsters may end up being better than Maiden (I hope it does) but it ain't there yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mishawaka, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,184 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/munsters-is-coming/page/161 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.