image.jpg
image.jpg
ballyhoo_side.jpg
flyer-378.jpg
MM Spelling.PNG
allmine.PNG
65.jpg
64.jpg
There are 702 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Order number 1167 for me

Mine is 1068, so Jack is probably well north of 100 sold by now.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

God you're weird.

He was relaying how his Hobbit preorder was handled, because someone asked. He didn't order a MM remake.

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Wow, these #'s are increasing fast! I wonder if Jen is still answering the phone as well. #1126 for me, I hope.

probably doesn't mean anything. and it sure sounds like they will run more.

#154 10 years ago

and mine was #1040 so that's a lot of sales in an hour and a half.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:Mine is 1068, so Jack is probably well north of 100 sold by now.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Mine is 1068, so Jack is probably well north of 100 sold by now.

lowest number I saw so far was 1040, highest 1168. so definitely over a hundred through the website. I assume that doesn't include phone orders since it was auto-generated upon submit, and obviously doesn't include folks filling out forms at the expo, which was a long line.

#156 10 years ago

Here's hoping that they started off at 1000.

#157 10 years ago

Order # 1177 placed at 1:26pm with PinballSales.

#158 10 years ago

Mine is in. I would have been in sooner, but I was working and had to run out to make the order!

#159 10 years ago

I am interested in allocation by distributor. There are at least four if Planetary is selling them direct as well. I would assume Jack would pull the product from the site if they sell through their allocation?

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

He was relaying how his Hobbit preorder was handled, because someone asked. He didn't order a MM remake.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

He's still weird though.

#161 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Call me Jared.
And no.
I am extremely happy and excited for pinball, but I'm not the kind of guy who pays $8000 for toys. I'm in for a $5000 MM in less than perfect shape.
I just like to see everyone talk about it.
I'm still a fan of the $800 Rollergames.

WORD.

#162 10 years ago

Regarding the possibility of 1000 orders already....its certainly not impossible. How many would Wayne have taken for the Aussies? Would 200 sound right? Add what few pre-orders he still had deposits from. Then if 10 dealers across the US order 20 each there goes another 200. The guys at Expo had to be good for 50 - 100 before the day is done. Add in a few flippers ordering multiples. Thats 500+ accounted for already, but granted its all speculation.

But is Europe still sleeping? If so they don't even know the news yet. I'm sure somebody over their is waking up their friends with middle of the night phone calls.

I'm gonna go get a case of beer to have ready this evening with some fresh popcorn. This is going to be interesting to watch unfold!

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Regarding the possibility of 1000 orders already....its certainly not impossible. How many would Wayne have taken for the Aussies? Would 200 sound right? Add what few pre-orders he still had deposits from. Then if 10 dealers across the US order 20 each there goes another 200. The guys at Expo had to be good for 50 - 100 before the day is done. Add in a few flippers ordering multiples. Thats 500+ accounted for already, but granted its all speculation.
But is Europe still sleeping? If so they don't even know the news yet. I'm sure somebody over their is waking up their friends with middle of the night phone calls.

I agree which is why I just placed an additional pre-order with Kai at GEX. Worse case scenario, I'll have two.

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

No one got burned by the Wayne deal...This is the continuation of the Wayne deal and those that stuck it out w/ Wayne will be 1st in line to get one of these 1000. Those that didn't goy full refunds!
Bill

If Rick had not bought the rights to Williams this would NEVER have been done and the people who put their money down would have been screwed. Now, so far everyone who has asked for a refund has gotten one but how long would that last and how long has Wayno had their money and getting interest off of it.

#165 10 years ago

Just ordered mine at ministry of pinball!
Some remakes need to go overseas right

Need to sell of half my collection but who cares. I have a MM coming!

#166 10 years ago

There will only be 1000 units and each distributor is allocated a certain number of machines. We are not allowed to just sell however many we desire and hope to fill the orders. Anybody looking to pre-order we have them available here

http://www.twistedpins.com/products/machines_for_sale/new_machines/?ProductID=151

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

If Rick had not bought the rights to Williams this would NEVER have been done and the people who put their money down would have been screwed. Now, so far everyone who has asked for a refund has gotten one so far but how long would that last and how long has Wayno had their money and getting interest off of it.

Um...I think about 5 or 6 years now. I got my refund a few years ago.

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

lowest number I saw so far was 1040, highest 1168.

My order # was 1039 which I placed an hour ago.

#169 10 years ago

How long does it take in average to receive the order confirmation ?

#170 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

God you're weird.

It always looks weird when you repeatedly take my posts out of context to insult me. As others noted ... someone asked how the Hobbit ordering worked through their website and I answered.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

When I did it through pinball sales I had to create an account to make it work properly. I was then emailed a confirmation instantly after I entered my CC info and completed the order.

#172 10 years ago

For those that didn't want to listen to the entire video, here are some Cliff Notes highlights:

1. Could be sooner than Q2 of 2014. (Conservative estimate)
2. This is not something that was just though up of, this has been in the works for over a year.
3. The game is approved through Williams (Roger Sharpe) and Roger approves whether or not this is a game that looks and plays like an original.
4. No "W" logo will appear. The only thing that will be different is that anywhere there is a "Williams" or "W" logo will be left out.
5. Who's involved in making the game:
a. Playfield made by Churchill Cabinet Company
b. Roger Sharp
c. Attorneys
d. Chicago Gaming Company

6. Same building that produced original MM pinball will be used.
7. Built on a contract basis through Planetary Pinball.
8. "We've got a great team and this has been going on for a while."
9. Roger Sharp must give blessing before game is released.
10. Several distributors are reselling the machine.
11. Parts to be sold through Alfa (inaudible) Distributors
12. Mr. Pinball Australia customers have "options." Those options are:
a. Waiting for the existing version of the game
b. Getting a full refund for the game
c. Getting an existing version of the game through Planetary Pinball
d. Please contact Mr. Pinball Australia for options

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Got mine immediately, I was # 1041 fwiw

#174 10 years ago
Quoted from Cyan:

Hell, a remade MM doesn't really make sense at $8k either

Quoted from Cyan:

You have to really like MM to want this, and I'm sure they'll sell them out,

If you're sure they'll sell them out at $8K how does it not make sense to sell them at that pricepoint? That almost sounds like they underpriced them if you're that sure.

#175 10 years ago

Spoke to Jen said not sure if she has any left but she'll let me know next week.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

My order # was 1039 which I placed an hour ago.

Way to go Keebs!

#177 10 years ago

I'm #1141

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Am I the only one that thinks this is overpriced? All they are doing is putting together a previously manufactured game, its not like they have to pay a designer or artists or pay for research and developement of invented parts. I may be priced out. I'm sure they'll probably sell but its not an original and I'm not so sure its worth it.

I fully understand your point, but if they sell out in a day they are probably underpriced. Like it or not. Just another way of looking at it.

#179 10 years ago

I'd prefer AFM, is that likely next?

#180 10 years ago

11xx here. Not sure if I'm in or out yet.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from jalkelly:

Got mine immediately, I was # 1041 fwiw

are you sure? does your email say this:

Thank you for shopping at PinballSales.com.

We received your order on 10/18/2013. Your order number is 1062.

Note that this is not an order confirmation. You will receive a detailed confirmation message once your order has been processed. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account at http://www.pinballsales.com/productcart/pc/custpref.asp

or something different?

#183 10 years ago

It's cool people are excited to be getting this game but I'm definitely surprised at the number interested in this. Those of us ordering The Hobbit (for only $7500) 18 months in advance of it being made were slammed for being so foolish ... despite now seeing the quality in wOZ, an impressive manufacturing facility, an impressive team, and all other manufacturing problems worked out (enough to be shipping games now that are amazing.)

Just curious, has anyone seen Planetary Pinballs manufacturing facility?? Do they already have their sourcing of all parts worked out?? Do they have a fully working prototype of their MM (utilizing "modern electronics" as noted on their flier)?? Knowing everything it took JJP to get started up ... why would Planetary Pinball not face ALL of those same issues? Any bets on whether games actually ship in 2014??

On top of all of this ... they may still make a "regular" version of MM regardless!! Oi.

#185 10 years ago

Im in 1109 pinball sales.

#186 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

are you sure? does your email say this:

or something different?

I got the same thing, so we're good right?
Thank you for shopping at PinballSales.com.

We received your order on 10/18/2013. Your order number is 1040.

Note that this is not an order confirmation. You will receive a detailed confirmation message once your order has been processed. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account at http://www.pinballsales.com/productcart/pc/custpref.asp

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for being a PinballSales.com customer.

#187 10 years ago

I couldn't get Jen on the phone at first so I called Automated - they tried to tell me the game was $9500 and they needed $2000 today. Quickly disconnected the call and went through pinballsales.com - order #1097.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

It's cool people are excited to be getting this game but I'm definitely surprised at the number interested in this. Those of us ordering The Hobbit (for only $7500) 18 months in advance of it being made were slammed for being so foolish ... despite now seeing the quality in wOZ, an impressive manufacturing facility, an impressive team, and all other manufacturing problems worked out (enough to be shipping games now that are amazing.)
Just curious, has anyone seen Planetary Pinballs manufacturing facility?? Do they already have their sourcing of all parts worked out?? Do they have a fully working prototype of their MM (utilizing "modern electronics" as noted on their flier)?? Knowing everything it took JJP to get started up ... why would Planetary Pinball not face ALL of those same issues? Any bets on whether games actually ship in 2014??
On top of all of this ... they may still make a "regular" version of MM regardless!! Oi.

Details, details. If it turns out that the remake is a POS, then I will get my deposit back.

#189 10 years ago

Delete

#190 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Just curious, has anyone seen Planetary Pinballs manufacturing facility??

They are being built by Chicago Gaming, not Planetary.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Do they have a fully working prototype of their MM (utilizing "modern electronics" as noted on their flier)??

Yes.

fake mm proto.jpgfake mm proto.jpg

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Details, details. If it turns out that the remake is a POS, then I will get my deposit back.

It won't be. Roger Sharpe has to approve the game before it's ever released.

#192 10 years ago

Mine says the same thing as above, not sure if I should cancel and go through Twisted.....

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I couldn't get Jen on the phone at first so I called Automated - they tried to tell me the game was $9500 and they needed $2000 today. Quickly disconnected the call and went through pinballsales.com - order #1097.

There's no way I'm ever placing an order with Automated.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Lame.

#195 10 years ago

Nothing to see here you bunch of looky loos

#196 10 years ago

Mine was #1180, pinball sales must have sold 200 already........

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

There's no way I'm ever placing an order with Automated.

They are a joke aren't they!

#198 10 years ago

Lemmings... Welcome to the cliff.

Seriously. I have never been in a hobby or situation where people were literally willing to throw large sums of money to reserve a product with no finished example or even a track record of reliable production. It's the sheer greed of "I have to get these early, so I can profit" or "my God, they might not make any more" herd mentality at work.

This Is a retool and many of you are ready to pay a huge premium for a game that has serious cost savings vs. a newly developed game. People harp on the price of Stern and JJP games, but are willing to pay their LE prices for a reproduction.

This is the absolute indicator that this hobby is now almost nothing about playing pins, but about profit or perceived prestige at owning specific titles.

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Is that true? if so....that is a damn shame

#200 10 years ago

Pre-order are opened for Europe on Ministryofpinball site: http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pinballmachines/flipperkasten/williams/medieval-madness.html. I'm in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 702 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-confirmed-at-expo-by-planetary-pinball-7999/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.