image.jpg
image.jpg
ballyhoo_side.jpg
flyer-378.jpg
MM Spelling.PNG
allmine.PNG
65.jpg
64.jpg

There are 702 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
#351 10 years ago

anxiously waiting bleegh

#352 10 years ago

Good anxiety anyway

#353 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

They are surface mounted LEDs on boards for the inserts from what I gathered from the video. So no, they can't be changed out. The GIs I think are just standard 47s.

Pure speculation. Like really? We're not going to be able to change bulbs?

#354 10 years ago

I think this whole thing is funny. When did 8k become the norm. These used MM's were 5k forever, and then the market exploded. I've got most of the so called "A list" games but the most I paid was 3k. I really don't care what the market does because I'm keeping them and have no plans to sell. I'm not a buyer of any pinball at 8,000 no matter what it is. But, it's definitely gonna effect the used mm market. And for those arguing that "original game with original equipment will always command a premium" are full of it. Pinballs have be bastardized for as long as I can remember. Like new Alltek boards, replacement playfields, replacement cabinets, ni-wumph boards, rotten dog boards, Alltek displays, colored Dmds, replacement backglasses, it goes on and on. Does a restored joker poker with replacements displays and cleared playfield and a pascal all in one board sell for less, NO! Just the oppisite. How many MM are all original anyways, not many... people dont go "aw a replacement playfield, yuk" I'm all for this, if you bought a pin as an investment, you need to find another hobby! Todd Scott

#355 10 years ago

Has anyone with phone in orders received the send check email from Jen? She told me I was the first phone order she took and I could hear her entering my info on her keyboard but no email...

::Sigh::

#356 10 years ago

1190 and still no letter

#357 10 years ago

Order number 1325!!!

lol

#358 10 years ago

Looks like PPS MM price was to low at how fast they are selling, Bet they are kicking themselves now

#359 10 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Just got my JJP send check e-mail order #1143

#1083 here and no e-mail yet. The site states that if you already ordered you will receive an e-mail confirmation next week.

#360 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Has anyone with phone in orders received the send check email from Jen? She told me I was the first phone order she took and I could hear her entering my info on her keyboard but no email...

maybe your credit card got charged -- if so, i'd imagine you are one of the very few actually confirmed. maybe the decision to go check only was made after your order.

#361 10 years ago

#1067 and no send check email yet....,

Emailed Jen to ask...

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Looks like PPS MM price was to low at how fast they are selling, Bet they are kicking themselves now

Maybe so, but I would not have bought one for, say, $8,500. These prices are getting too rich for me.

#363 10 years ago

#1086....

#364 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

if it were any higher i would not be buying it.

#365 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

maybe your credit card got charged -- if so, i'd imagine you are one of the very few actually confirmed. maybe the decision to go check only was made after your order.

I wish. She told me she wasn't going to charge any cards until Monday. Thanks for the positive spin though. I tend to look at the negative.

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

If they take Discover for the other 7k, I am golden

Anyone have a distributor that isn;t asking for a check and will take CC?

#367 10 years ago

MM is a game I like a lot, and I could not afford it due to speculation and people that are more greedy money-maker than pinball fan. Even $8k is a huge price for a pinball, that's the only chance to hope owning one.

Still waiting for the check email...

#368 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Pure speculation. Like really? We're not going to be able to change bulbs?
» YouTube video

Did you watch the video?

#369 10 years ago

#1038 no email

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Maybe so, but I would not have bought one for, say, $8,500. These prices are getting too rich for me.

I barely pulled the trigger on this at $8,000, and we'll see if I stay in the race as it all develops. I'm planning on staying in as of now.

#371 10 years ago

No email yet.

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

1127 and no email

1143 said they got the check email. No rhyme or reason to it.

#374 10 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Yes, they are real. But also they are not the 100% final version... could change.
No one is not at Expo.
They said the reason why, but I cant recall it exactly.
Full recording of the reveal is on my ustream page.
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Thank you so much for the time/expense of setting up that feed!! I just finished watching it and felt like I was there, now of course I'll be expecting similar feeds for all great events that I can't attend in the future

#375 10 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Do the LED boards have 555 twist sockets or are the LEDs soldered to the board like Stern? If it's the former, I take back my earlier comment.

Ooh I gotcha. I just watched the video and it sounds like they are surface mount. I'll add an edit to ignore my first post

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 10 years ago

I'm in! Preorder #1349.
If having one is awesome, two will be awesomer!

#377 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Anyone have a distributor that isn;t asking for a check and will take CC?

I put my deposit down with a debit card (Master Card) with Automated.

#378 10 years ago

I ordered from Jack's iPad. When they made the announcement, I saw him standing in the back of the room. He said something about getting his first order, so I just snuck on over, shook his hand, asked if I could deal directly with him, he said "Sure!" I did follow up email Jen just in case, but no response yet.

#379 10 years ago

Ordered, check already in the mail via UPS! Arrives Wed! YAY!

And WRT the discussion about repros, I own an beautiful MB, would suck to "lose" a few grand, but I was not planning on selling so it is what it is. I think the toughest part will be deciding which has to go if/when I need another pin (only enough space for 3, at least that is what I tell myself).

#380 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

ST LE cost as much as MM..

It will be better!

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

I think this whole thing is funny. When did 8k become the norm. These used MM's were 5k forever, and then the market exploded. I've got most of the so called "A list" games but the most I paid was 3k. I really don't care what the market does because I'm keeping them and have no plans to sell. I'm not a buyer of any pinball at 8,000 no matter what it is. But, it's definitely gonna effect the used mm market. And for those arguing that "original game with original equipment will always command a premium" are full of it. Pinballs have be bastardized for as long as I can remember. Like new Alltek boards, replacement playfields, replacement cabinets, ni-wumph boards, rotten dog boards, Alltek displays, colored Dmds, replacement backglasses, it goes on and on. Does a restored joker poker with replacements displays and cleared playfield and a pascal all in one board sell for less, NO! Just the oppisite. How many MM are all original anyways, not many... people dont go "aw a replacement playfield, yuk" I'm all for this, if you bought a pin as an investment, you need to find another hobby! Todd Scott

Well lucky you...I don't really want to be a buyer at 8k, but it is a whole lot better than 12k-16k. I wish I would have been in a financial position to buy pins when the A titles were in the 3k range, but I wasn't. I started buying pins about 3 years ago out of love of the game...sadly I missed out on the low price hay-day.

#382 10 years ago

this is got to be the fastest selling ever,no?

#383 10 years ago

Nate you jumped in, cant wait to hear your next. Podcast

#384 10 years ago

Wow! So it looks like Jack sold 300 MMs already today. Yup...buyers will be flipping them before delivery.

Its nice that so many people who wanted a MM will now be able to afford them. The high end collectors will still be high end collectors and will pay a premium for an original unmolested game. But the prices of the mid to lower level quality games will take a minor hit. There are still lots of pinheads who enjoy bringing a game back to its original condition.

There is no way all of us will agree if this is a good thing or a bad thing. But if many titles go to the selling block at lower prices due to the fear of game values going down it will bring more people into the hobby in the long run. Eventually they will also want to increase the size and quality of their collection and prices will eventually go back up due to lack of supply and the fact that new games never get any cheaper.

For those who are only in this hobby to make money sell now at panic prices and the rest of us will buy some nice games. For those of us who bought our games to play it makes no difference. We will continue to enjoy our games and maybe buy some more.

As someone said earlier in these forums....."you did'nt rush to sell your house when prices crashed did you?" So lets just enjoy our games and be happy for the opportunity to buy a game that was previously out of some pinheads price ranges. And if you are one of the lucky ones who scored a game before they got sold out congratulations! If you missed out sit tight because they said they will make more standard versions later. You can always add a shaker or change the color of your siderails and legs. If you are a top notch game collector don't worry about it. Eventually someone will work their way up the food chain of collectors and the price of a purist quality game will not be an issue for them if you decide to sell.

Enjoy the silver orb brothers. Its a good time to be in pinball.....

#385 10 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

Nate you jumped in, cant wait to hear your next. Podcast

Shhhh.... don't tell Theresa.

#386 10 years ago

Judge Dredd is a $1400 game folks.

#387 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinthusiast:

I'm in! Preorder #1349.
If having one is awesome, two will be awesomer!

So that's 340 games on day one.
340x8= $2,720,000.
Not bad for one day...

#388 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This all goes back to the discussion I was having here 2 weeks ago, saying that anyone who was honest would admit that they don't want to see the value of their pins go down. Lots of BS responses trying to convince us otherwise, but I never bought it. Who wants to see money flushed down the toilet? I'm not talking about being accepting of the fact that the value can or will go down. That's different. It still doesn't mean that anyone *wants* that to happen.

I was the one saying that it shouldn't really matter, the one who you "never bought it" from and just put thumbs down instead.

My point was that while you might not be "happy" about your price going down, if you're buying it for fun you should expect it. There aren't many "fun" hobbies where you expect a 20% ROI on what you do. It was also that there is a subset of us "older" collectors who don't really care one way or another. My pins rose in value, I didn't care. I was playing them. If they drop in value, hell, I might get more.

You called me a hoarder and gave me thumbs downs. It was a nice debate.

The MM remake could very well crash the upper end of the market. And if it does... maybe I'd pick up a few A list titles. The games that I have right now don't change in their value to me.

That was my point. May I have my thumbs down now please?

#389 10 years ago

Damn, I don't think I will receive anything today Hope I am not screwed-up !

#390 10 years ago

I just want to say I think this is a great idea and excited to see the results. A lot of people want to dissect what it means to other companies but I think anytime there is demand for something in this hobby that can be filled it's a good thing. MM is a game that a lot of people have wanted to either own or just play and this makes it a reality which is great.

#391 10 years ago

Anyone know if Pinballsales will accept a credit card for the additional 7K? I'm not crazy about paying all $8000 in cash (check) and I'm wondering if I should of went with a different distributor. Or are they all cash only?

#393 10 years ago

If they could find a way to bring this for 5k dollar, the marcet would have exploded, haha .

But i like it, been discussed before in several topics, would not work bla bla bla.

bullshit! 1000 selled in a few hours. Of course it works when you rerun #1 of all time.

Now bring on TAF and all other old top pins.

#394 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Anyone know if Pinballsales will accept a credit card for the additional 7K? I'm not crazy about paying all $8000 in cash (check) and I'm wondering if I should of went with a different distributor. Or are they all cash only?

My email from Jen said to send a check for $1000 within 7 days. I had ordered from their site with the $1000 deposit on the credit card. I'm glad to hear they are running it that way. I hate to see the the credit card companies making the money instead of Jack.
My thanks to gearheadroppings for the phone call while I was out of the house after lunch....I ended up being order #1084 at about 1:30PM. Hopefully that will be early enough to beat the sell out from PinballSales.

#395 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

If they could find a way to bring this for 5k dollar, the marcet would have exploded, haha .
But i like it, been discussed before in several topics, would not work bla bla bla.
bullshit! 1000 selled in a few hours. Of course it works when you rerun #1 of all time.
Now bring on TAF and all other old top pins.

Oh yea! A new TAF would be sweet! Its hard to believe that they made so many of them at the time, but they are still such a popular game. Its not just the theme, but they did a great presentation of it. Its entertaining to the new players, yet a challange to the better players. And somehow the theme of it just never gets old. It appeals to more generations than MM actually. The star trek theme is the same thing. But......I won't even get into that mess.

#396 10 years ago

Games like TAF and MB will never be remade in my opinion due to license cost. CC and AFM, maybe.

#398 10 years ago

I prerdered one so quickly but I'm now having second thoughts. For $7.5k The Hobbit in my mind shares some cool features from MM but is taken further with more toys, RGB LED lighting, is a wide body, has two more flippers, the LCD, stereo sound, deeper rules with Keith and Ted on board and more. To pay $500 more for MM is not making sense to my wallet right now.

Then again I could just get both and get a second job for a few months, lol.

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

My email from Jen said to send a check for $1000 within 7 days. I had ordered from their site with the $1000 deposit on the credit card. I'm glad to hear they are running it that way. I hate to see the the credit card companies making the money instead of Jack.
My thanks to gearheadroppings for the phone call while I was out of the house after lunch....I ended up being order #1084 at about 1:30PM. Hopefully that will be early enough to beat the sell out from PinballSales.

Interesting as I am #1083 and I got a confirmation but I did not get an e-mail about sending in a check. Hope to hear from Jen on Monday.

#400 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Yes I was a phone order to Jen at JJP ordered at 9:55 am west coast Time got confirm email from Jen at 1:27pm west coast... Just mailed cashiers check for $1000

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
There are 702 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-confirmed-at-expo-by-planetary-pinball-7999/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.