image.jpg
image.jpg
ballyhoo_side.jpg
flyer-378.jpg
MM Spelling.PNG
allmine.PNG
65.jpg
64.jpg
There are 702 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
#201 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I couldn't get Jen on the phone at first so I called Automated - they tried to tell me the game was $9500 and they needed $2000 today. Quickly disconnected the call and went through pinballsales.com - order #1097.

That was not my experience or the price I was quoted. You may want to call back again.

#202 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Lemmings... Welcome to the cliff.
Seriously. I have never been in a hobby or situation where people were literally willing to throw large sums of money to reserve a product with no finished example or even a track record of reliable production. It's the sheer greed of "I have to get these early, so I can profit" or "my God, they might not make any more" herd mentality at work.
This Is a retool and many of you are ready to pay a huge premium for a game that has serious cost savings vs. a newly developed game. People harp on the price of Stern and JJP games, but are willing to pay their LE prices for a reproduction.
This is the absolute indicator that this hobby is now almost nothing about playing pins, but about profit or perceived prestige at owning specific titles.

I know, but this is MEDIEVAL MADNESS!!

#203 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

This is the absolute indicator that this hobby is now almost nothing about playing pins, but about profit or perceived prestige at owning specific titles.

So wrong. This a super fun title that because of demand sells for a lot. Now there are 1000 more at a great price compared to current market. Players want to own it and at todays market its a smart buy..to play!

#204 10 years ago

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is Chicago Gaming? Are they an established company that is guaranteed to be capable of pulling this off in their stated timelines? Have they ever been involved in building pinball machines before? I'm not an $8k machine type of guy so I won't be jumping in, but this is kind of exciting if not also a little vague.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Seriously. I have never been in a hobby or situation where people were literally willing to throw large sums of money to reserve a product with no finished example or even a track record of reliable production. It's the sheer greed of "I have to get these early, so I can profit" or "my God, they might not make any more" herd mentality at work.
This Is a retool and many of you are ready to pay a huge premium for a game that has serious cost savings vs. a newly developed game. People harp on the price of Stern and JJP games, but are willing to pay their LE prices for a reproduction.

1. Roger Sharpe is going to sign off on the fact that these are being reproduced accurately. I trust him more than I trust, say, some Internet stranger. Cost savings shouldn't mean a reduction in quality or features.

2. Unlike with other Stern or JJP preorders, the gameplay, rules, art, etc. are all known to all right now.

#206 10 years ago

I just ordered through pinball sales...... #1218 for me

Quoted from iceman44:

Mine was #1180, pinball sales must have sold 200 already........

#207 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

but who is Chicago Gaming?

I had one of their Arcade Legends machines. It is a top quality product.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I couldn't get Jen on the phone at first so I called Automated - they tried to tell me the game was $9500 and they needed $2000 today. Quickly disconnected the call and went through pinballsales.com - order #1097.

WHAT???

I just ordered from April an hour ago, 8000 minus 1000 deposit, 7000 balance due 1 week before shipping and deposit fully refundable if requested. Invoice and order confirmation recieved via email. Whom were you speaking with on the phone?

#210 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Or, it could just be that it's a title that my wife has been dreaming of owning ever since she touched one, but we will never have 15-20k to pay for one in good condition, so it's worth taking a little risk at 8k.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

I just ordered through pinball sales...... #1218 for me

This thing is going to be sold out by the end of the day....

#212 10 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Spaceman:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but who is Chicago Gaming? Are they an established company that is guaranteed to be capable of pulling this off in their stated timelines? Have they ever been involved in building pinball machines before? I'm not an $8k machine type of guy so I won't be jumping in, but this is kind of exciting if not also a little vague.

Don't ask questions. Just give them your money! This is the craziest I've ever seen on here.

#213 10 years ago

I'm sorry, but who exactly is making this machine and what is their experience?

#214 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I totally disagree with your comments here. I pre-ordered one because I always said if i could find a nice MM for $7500 I would jump on it. I just couldn't fathom paying 12k - 16k for one. I love this game, have played it a lot. For me, it is all about owning a pinball machine I love, at a price that, while still high, is more justifiable.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Don't ask questions. Just give them your money! This is the craziest I've ever seen on here.

Its a winger. You are not throwing in 8k. Its 1k refundable until Roger Sharpe approves.

#216 10 years ago

Who is making the playfield? Did anyone catch that?

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Uh, wow. You know, some people just have the 6-7 games that they really, really want. I don't collect for volume, I collect for what I consider the perfect collection for me. I don't care if this thing is worth $2,000 in a couple of years, it's a game that I want, so I'm going to buy it. If I cared about perception, BoP and the DE Simpsons would have been out of my collection years ago in favor of some "A-list" title. Don't pretend to know why I'm buying this game. Don't assume that you know anything other than what people specifically state as their personal reasons for buying a game.

Get off your high horse.

#218 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I think its about having the #1 rated pin for $4k less than what they are selling for used.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

Is that true? if so....that is a damn shame

Yup, that's exactly what he told me on the phone. Looks like someone else in another thread pre-ordered through them so not sure if he was seeing that the demand was high and was just trying to see if he could get more $ from me or what. But whatever, it's a pretty scummy move either way and the guy lost a customer.

#220 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I'm sorry, but who exactly is making this machine and what is their experience?

th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg

#221 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Its a winger. You are not throwing in 8k. Its 1k refundable until Roger Sharpe approves.

I understand that. But people are still going crazy like virgins on prom night.

#223 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just ordered from April an hour ago, 8000 minus 1000 deposit, 7000 balance due 1 week before shipping and deposit fully refundable if requested. Email and order confirmation recieved via email. Whom were you speaking with on the phone?

I believe his name was Mike.

#224 10 years ago

Can I get a remake of my 1997 girlfriend?

#225 10 years ago

I think the deposit is ONLY refundable until Roger gives the Ok...Q4 this year.....correct?

#226 10 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

1. Roger Sharpe is going to sign off on the fact that these are being reproduced accurately. I trust him more than I trust, say, some Internet stranger. Cost savings shouldn't mean a reduction in quality or features.
2. Unlike with other Stern or JJP preorders, the gameplay, rules, art, etc. are all known to all right now.

Exactly.

And it's MEDIEVAL F*CKING MADNESS!

I have to say it's kind of funny though to think of so many posts that I've read over the last year here talking about how MM is way overrated and over hyped, then this announcement is made and everybody and their mother say they are ordering one.

Glad to see so many people this excited about buying a pin for $8k. I still say that MM is the best pin ever made!

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I don't think this will go up in value, and I don't care either way. i'm in it to play a great pinball machine -- one I think is a superior product to what Stern is putting out these days (although WoZ looks pretty awesome too).

MM is my daughter's favorite game, but a nice one was unaffordable before. now it is. this ain't about profit for me.

#228 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Can I get a remake of my 1997 girlfriend?

i would be all in on that one as well...

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Glad to see so many people this excited about buying a pin for $8k. I still say that MM is the best pin ever made!

Hell, I may even get one!

#230 10 years ago

For ME MM is not the greatest. (er, that's why my friend just bought it and he's 5 minutes away) I'll wait for AFM and Predator. (I like the sci-fi stuff better)

#231 10 years ago

It will sell out... and then they'll make MANY non-LE machines. Wouldn't you if you were them? Duh.

#232 10 years ago

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from SaminVA:

After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true.

wisdom!

#234 10 years ago

Poor Predator & AMH, they are going to have a hard time following this announcement.

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I think its about having the #1 rated pin for $4k less than what they are selling for used.

The #1 rated game?? Only on Pinside and these ratings are to be taken with a grain of salt to the say the least! The number of people bashing one machine over another for personal reasons (infighting) is out of control. The number of folks who create fake accounts just to pump up a title is very hard to police.

It's cool that a lot of people like the game ... but I personally hate categorizing any game as "#1". MM is on site at Shark Club in Howell MI (along with roughly 55-60 A-titles) and when they have a pinball open house ... there is never a line of people waiting to play MM. It gets the same amount of attention (at best) as many other awesome games there.

#236 10 years ago

Who is the best to order through??

#237 10 years ago

Holy crap!!! YES! This is exactly how you get ShaneTastic excited for pinball again! He is even talking in the 3rd person again. He knows that it is a truly great day!!!

#238 10 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

I couldn't get Jen on the phone at first so I called Automated - they tried to tell me the game was $9500 and they needed $2000 today. Quickly disconnected the call and went through pinballsales.com - order #1097

That's odd, I just called and they said $8000 plus shipping. I am in!!!!! Heck I might get two!!!!

#239 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Seriously. I have never been in a hobby or situation where people were literally willing to throw large sums of money to reserve a product with no finished example or even a track record of reliable production.

Honestly, I thought exactly the same thing.

The hobby has some very recent track records of huge delays and broken promises.

It amazes me how short peoples memories are.

I hope (for everyone's sake) that this project comes through.

But I wouldn't be organizing my unboxing party for 2nd quarter 2014. That seems very optimistic.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#240 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Ebay link
Ha ha

Good luck fun.....that MM is not going to fetch anywhere near $24K

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I understand that. But people are still going crazy like virgins on prom night.

I missed my prom because girls didn't like me cuz all I ever wanted to do was play pinball and video games....

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

i would be all in on that one as well...

~awkward~

#243 10 years ago

MM for you and you and you..MM for everyone!!!!

#244 10 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

or even a track record of reliable production.

Chicago Gaming made Vacation America pinball a few years ago.

But seriously, Chicago Gaming IS Churchill Cabinet Company, who made the Williams playfields and cabinets (and Sterns too); and has been in business for over 100 years.

That CCC on the side of your playfield? Churchill Cabinet Company

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I missed my prom because girls didn't like me cuz all I ever wanted to do was play pinball and video games....

What the heck is a prom? Ha haaa!!!

#246 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

For those that didn't want to listen to the entire video, here are some Cliff Notes highlights:
1. Could be sooner than Q2 of 2014. (Conservative estimate)
2. This is not something that was just though up of, this has been in the works for over a year.
3. The game is approved through Williams (Roger Sharpe) and Roger approves whether or not this is a game that looks and plays like an original.
4. No "W" logo will appear. The only thing that will be different is that anywhere there is a "Williams" or "W" logo will be left out.
5. Who's involved in making the game:
a. Playfield made by Churchill Cabinet Company
b. Roger Sharp
c. Attorneys
d. Chicago Gaming Company
6. Same building that produced original MM pinball will be used.
7. Built on a contract basis through Planetary Pinball.
8. "We've got a great team and this has been going on for a while."
9. Roger Sharp must give blessing before game is released.
10. Several distributors are reselling the machine.
11. Parts to be sold through Alfa (inaudible) Distributors
12. Mr. Pinball Australia customers have "options." Those options are:
a. Waiting for the existing version of the game
b. Getting a full refund for the game
c. Getting an existing version of the game through Planetary Pinball
d. Please contact Mr. Pinball Australia for options

13. There is only one small board now in the backbox (CPU?). The remainder of the redesigned boards are being mounted to the bottom of the playfield, stacked underneath where the pop bumpers are. A "divider of insulation" will be used to keep dirt and loose hardware from coming in contact with the board(s), but no mention of how they will handle vibration in that area.
14. LED lightboard PCBs will be used for controlled lights underneath the game, socketed 47 style LED used for G.I. lighting.

#247 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

The number of people bashing one machine over another for personal reasons (infighting) is out of control.

You are right, it is out of control.

Just let people buy what they want and the market will adjust itself. I'm not on a Star Trek thread talking about how much I dislike Stern.

Leave it be man.

#248 10 years ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

I'll wait for a Monster Bash if they remake that one.

That is a Universal Studios license as well. They need to purchase the rights from them too. I am guessing they will only release original concept pins. TAF is Paramount, CFTBL is another Universal, and any movie pin is out as well. They might chance MB but I think it will be more expensive due to the rights.

#249 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Who is making the playfield? Did anyone catch that?

Churchill Cabinet Company. The same company that made the original.

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Good luck fun.....that MM is not going to fetch anywhere near $24K

mySuperLamePic_0a1622e63f6d3e1f460726a3b6bb6a47-724.jpgmySuperLamePic_0a1622e63f6d3e1f460726a3b6bb6a47-724.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 702 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mm-confirmed-at-expo-by-planetary-pinball-7999/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.