By rai

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png
There are 3,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 77.
#3351 3 months ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

There is a Chinese version with subtitles that is on Amazon prime right now. Like the book, it’s a slow burn but 10 episodes in - it’s really good.

this sounds more like it. Thx for the reminder!

#3352 3 months ago

Have been watching Ghosts UK, kinda funny.

#3353 3 months ago
Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

There is a Chinese version with subtitles that is on Amazon prime right now. Like the book, it’s a slow burn but 10 episodes in - it’s really good.

Quoted from Zablon:

You can watch it for free on Youtube as well.

I was thinking about trying that but will likely just wait for the Netflix version. I still have to get through the third book as well.

#3354 3 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I was thinking about trying that but will likely just wait for the Netflix version. I still have to get through the third book as well.

It only covers the first book, but it covers it almost completely with a few character changes(combined) is what I understand. I do hope they do the other 2 books, but probably wouldn't be for some time. I've found I have a hard time reading hard sci fi so haven't even tried the books.

#3355 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It only covers the first book, but it covers it almost completely with a few character changes(combined) is what I understand. I do hope they do the other 2 books, but probably wouldn't be for some time. I've found I have a hard time reading hard sci fi so haven't even tried the books.

The books are great concept sci-fi. I thought the second book was more interesting and literary than the first. The first had a great beginning, dragged in the middle, and had a great ending with an unbelievable concept that brought the whole thing together. So far, I’m really enjoying the third as well with a very intriguing beginning. All three books have different central characters and move somewhat through time, with the third book starting to overlap the time periods of the first two.

#3356 3 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

New 3 Body Problem (Netflix) trailer dropped today. I’m very excited for this, having read the first two books and currently reading the third in the series. Really, really cool conceptual sci-fi. Hoping the show does the books justice. Keep your eyes on this.

I just read all three books. I am really excited to watch this. Going to be today.

This trilogy affected me. I agree, keep your eyes on this.
(I got all excited I thought the actual show had dropped. Soon!)

#3357 3 months ago

Just want to save some people from subjecting themselves to this series.
“The Curse” on Paramount plus is the absolute worst series I have ever seen. Emma Stone could not help this piece of trash.

#3358 3 months ago

Today, the first episode of Monsieur Spade dropped. Limited 6 episode series featuring Clive Owen on AMC, branching off from The Maltese Falcon. Check it out!

#3359 3 months ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Today, the first episode of Monsieur Spade dropped. Limited 6 episode series featuring Clive Owen on AMC, branching off from The Maltese Falcon. Check it out!

Little bit of a slow start, but it reminds me so far of the Amazon Prime Poirot limited series "ABC Murders". Definitely in on this one -

My kid just started watching Band of Brothers, so Spade is on pause until we get through that (and hopefully, The Pacific, and Masters of the Skies)

#3360 3 months ago

prequel dup

#3361 3 months ago

I've been watching the 2nd season. Ashamed to admit it as it's poorly written and so ridiculously implausible on so many levels.

When did Reacher join the Marvel Universe?

#3362 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I've been watching the 2nd season. Ashamed to admit it as it's poorly written and so ridiculously implausible on so many levels.
When did Reacher join the Marvel universe?

What the hell man Reacher is great fun!

#3363 3 months ago

Anybody else psyched about Tru Detective season 4 with Jody Foster?
Starts tonight on HBO at 8

#3364 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anybody else psyched about Tru Detective season 4 with Jody Foster?
Starts tonight on HBO at 8

Finally making me crack and subscribe to HBO. looks to be good fun!

#3365 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Finally making me crack and subscribe to HBO. looks to be good fun!

Check out Deadwood and Warrior also.

#3366 3 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

What the hell man Reacher is great fun!

I guess. If you're only looking for cartoon level realism.

For example ... the supposed "pro" bad guys in Reacher make the stormtroopers in Star Wars look like crack shots.

#3367 3 months ago

I’ve read most of the Lee Child Reacher books, and think they’ve cast the actor who plays Reacher quite well. In my mind, a much better match than the Tom Cruise Reacher in the films.
Unfortunately, the more recent Reacher novels aren’t on the same level as the earlier books.
The show isn’t a masterpiece but still pretty fun.

#3368 3 months ago

I agree with the casting, and the new guy is really good, but TC did do a good job for being 5 ft 6

#3369 3 months ago

Lessons in Chemistry (AppleTV) has been great so far. One that I could even recommend to my parents, which is a rarity these days.

#3370 3 months ago

I'm gonna give this a try. I finished "fool me once" and it was reasonable.

Quoted from skink91:Lessons in Chemistry (AppleTV) has been great so far. One that I could even recommend to my parents, which is a rarity these days.

#3371 3 months ago

I'm a little late to the party with Foundation, but LOVING it, couple things I don't like early in season 2, but overall great sci-fi

#3372 3 months ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Just want to save some people from subjecting themselves to this series.
“The Curse” on Paramount plus is the absolute worst series I have ever seen. Emma Stone could not help this piece of trash.

I think this title is bound to be highly polarizing. It supposed to be a dark comedy. Try taking it even slightly seriously is bound to have bad results. Nathan Fielder (creator, writer and co-star) has a very weird sense of humor. He takes comedy to the edge where some will find it funny and others simply annoying. What I like best about Fielder's work is it is different.

While I have a hard time recommending the series to a wide audience, if you are looking for something a little different, it is worth a shot. If you don't find it interesting/funny after 2 episodes, find something else to watch. 9/10ths of what people recommend I should watch I can't stomach at all.

#3373 3 months ago

We just finished all three seasons of Mr. Mercedes. I thought it was really good. My wife liked it as well, but she felt that the books were much better.

#3374 3 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

We just finished all three seasons of Mr. Mercedes. I thought it was really good. My wife liked it as well, but she felt that the books were much better.

And that's what she gets for reading!

#3375 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

lol

#3376 3 months ago

Anybody a fan of The Simpsons?

Currently working my way thru The Simpsons (s5e6) on Disney+, it looks like the consensus 'best seasons' are between 1 and 11 so at what point can I just quit? Seems like 35 seasons would be a major grind just for the sake of completion and if the quality isn't there probably not worth my time.

#3377 3 months ago

I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not, but Ray Donovan is excellent from start to finish.

#3378 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Lol ... She's a librarian, so it's pretty much a job requirement.

#3379 3 months ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And they were better!

#3380 3 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Lessons in Chemistry (AppleTV) has been great so far. One that I could even recommend to my parents, which is a rarity these days.

Totally loved this show. It was a great break from the other usual stuff, and I’m a sucker for science shows

#3381 3 months ago

I like Yellowstone

Especially now that it's free

#3382 3 months ago

I just started on True Detective, S1. I've been saving this series for a rainy day.

Wow! In pretty sure S2 cant top S1, but..

#3383 3 months ago

True detective season one cannot get a bad word. With good reason.

IMG_1934 (resized).pngIMG_1934 (resized).png
#3384 3 months ago

I think it’s time to watch it again!

#3385 3 months ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I think it’s time to watch it again!

Woody and McConaughey.. Id love to see them together in more productions.

#3386 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead76:

Twisted Metal on Peacock. Binged it in two days. It's so good!

Just started watching this the other day.

#3387 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just started watching this the other day.

The origin stories are really messed up, but it's well written. So glad it got renewed for season 2.

#3388 3 months ago

I’m revisiting an older series ‘The Wire’. Currently almost done season 1. I had watched this series when it came out but never finished it so I’m looking forward to binge watching it. So far so good.

#3389 3 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I just started on True Detective, S1. I've been saving this series for a rainy day.

Season 2 is very different. They dropped a lot of the vague cosmic horror references, and it's more of a straight forward 'anti-hero' cop show where everyone is a mess. Similar to S1 of Forbrydelsen. It's still pretty good, and worth watching, but certainly does not top S1. Season 3 had more of a sci-fi influence, and was FAR more interesting, IMO. Season 4 episode 1 was bonkers great, and I think has a chance to be as interesting as S1. It certainly brings back a lot of the horror influence.

Issa Lopez, who is in charge of S4 made a phenomenal horror film called "Tigers are Not Afraid", which is pretty exciting

#3390 3 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Woody and McConaughey.. Id love to see them together in more productions.

Don’t forget Alexdria Daddorio.Her charisma was bursting off the screen!

#3391 3 months ago
Quoted from mtn-:

S2 wasn't as good imo - but Season 3 was great. And high hopes for season 4

#3392 3 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Season 2 is very different. They dropped a lot of the vague cosmic horror references, and it's more of a straight forward 'anti-hero' cop show where everyone is a mess. Similar to S1 of Forbrydelsen. It's still pretty good, and worth watching, but certainly does not top S1. Season 3 had more of a sci-fi influence, and was FAR more interesting, IMO. Season 4 episode 1 was bonkers great, and I think has a chance to be as interesting as S1. It certainly brings back a lot of the horror influence.
Issa Lopez, who is in charge of S4 made a phenomenal horror film called "Tigers are Not Afraid", which is pretty exciting

Did I even watch the same show? I don't remember any horror or sci-fi just...well..assets. I might need to revisit.

#3393 3 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did I even watch the same show? I don't remember any horror or sci-fi just...well..assets. I might need to revisit.

Are you referring to Season 3 or 4? All of the stuff is subtext, they wouldn't directly show, say - a spaceship (making this up, trying to avoid spoilers), or a supernatural being. But there's references all over the place, and if you just watch the show at face value, that stuff just adds to the overall feeling of dread (or in season 3, the feeling of confusion/despair). But if you catch the references, it adds additional layers to the show without having to drag it all out in dialogue.

I just watched the movie "Sicario" again - similar layered approach. The movie turns on its head part way through, and it's not at all obvious but it messes with the audience's expectations since we're familiar with things going a certain way

#3394 3 months ago

Both sicario movies are great, and wind river. Pretty much celebrate his entire collection. (him being Taylor Sheridan)

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:Are you referring to Season 3 or 4? All of the stuff is subtext, they wouldn't directly show, say - a spaceship (making this up, trying to avoid spoilers), or a supernatural being. But there's references all over the place, and if you just watch the show at face value, that stuff just adds to the overall feeling of dread (or in season 3, the feeling of confusion/despair). But if you catch the references, it adds additional layers to the show without having to drag it all out in dialogue.
I just watched the movie "Sicario" again - similar layered approach. The movie turns on its head part way through, and it's not at all obvious but it messes with the audience's expectations since we're familiar with things going a certain way

#3395 3 months ago

Fisk on Netflix

Louder Milk on Netflix

Both extremely well done, edgy and truly funny

#3396 3 months ago

I didn't know when true detective was starting back up, gonna check that out ASAP.

#3397 3 months ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

Fisk on Netflix
Louder Milk on Netflix
Both extremely well done, edgy and truly funny

loudermilk is so good *these don't really spoil anything*

#3398 3 months ago

I started Loudermilk this week.
Holy shit i found my show! Sarcasm to the max!

#3399 3 months ago
Quoted from northerndude:

I started Loudermilk this week.
Holy shit i found my show! Sarcasm to the max!

The show keeps getting better. I watched 3 or 4 seasons during COVID (it was originally on Amazon Prime). Definitely hits hard if you have anyone in the family who's in recovery

#3400 3 months ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

loudermilk is so good *these don't really spoil anything*

There are 3,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 77.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.