• 3,829 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nick foot (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 20-55-22 Nose Boy Is Yet Another Bit From Dan Schneider That Seems Inappropriate Now (resized).png
IMG_2115 (resized).png
we-are-lady-parts-peacock-poster (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5675773ab24117888a271de4334cd519 (resized).jpg
download.jpeg
Fallout (resized).jpg
IMG_1903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0049 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6661.gif
2006-The-Departed-03-2254582836 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 16-45-23 3 Body Problem (2024) (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1250 2 years ago

Rewatching ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’… and nearly pooping myself laughing.

#1254 2 years ago

Just started Inspector Koo (Netflix) and am enjoying it three episodes in.

1 month later
#1276 2 years ago

Witcher season 2 solid so far.

#1278 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

With many referrals just started Yellowstone and loving it so far.

Very solid show.

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Has anyone that’s watched the Witcher also played the PC game? I’ve been aiming to play it, but I’m wondering which I should do first, the show or the game.

I had played Witcher III back in the day (PS3 or 4 can’t remember)… it was great, if you like RPGs - probably one of the best of all time. Hard to say which to do first at this point though.

#1289 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I know W III is really in depth, so just wondering if that game or the show is a better first foray into the franchise, and which will give me fewer spoilers. I don’t know if they overlap or if one sort of feeds the other.

Other than characters and their looks, it hasn’t felt like the same linearity or time-line to me. Almost more like some general ideas of the stories are there - but at no point so far did I feel like I knew precisely what was going to happen, so never felt spoiled. That said, it has been a while since playing the game… and my memory isn’t what is once was. Still… from my perspective, you could pick whichever one you want.

3 weeks later
#1373 2 years ago

Just finished Yellowjackets (Showtime) - really enjoyed it.

Currently in the middle of Archive 81 (Netflix) - its got kind of a Fringe meets The Ring thing going on and I like it.

Seems like a lot of the shows I am watching right now are jumping back and forth in time on the characters storylines.

6 months later
#1831 1 year ago

For All Mankind on AppleTV+

4 weeks later
#1867 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

House of dragon. Who is watching this tomorrow?

Absolutely… though it is gonna suck having to watch them once a week.

1 year later
#3220 5 months ago

Just started watching Extraordinary Attorney Woo (Netflix) and find it pretty charming.

#3227 5 months ago

Not a reality show guy… but The Devil’s Plan on Netflix is really entertaining. Korean gameshow where players are eliminated based on group play puzzly games.

2 weeks later
#3296 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Reminder about Slow Horses, that show keeps getting better and better

Still waiting for all season episodes to drop (can’t stand waiting to binge all of them anymore)

1 month later
#3369 3 months ago

Lessons in Chemistry (AppleTV) has been great so far. One that I could even recommend to my parents, which is a rarity these days.

1 week later
#3467 88 days ago

Ope! Here we go again.

#3480 88 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Ugh. I decided to watch the first two episodes of the new season of True Detective. I probably should have gone in expecting less, but my hopes were high because of how well done the previous seasons were (especially Season 1) and Jodie Foster being the star of this season. Hopefully its just me... These episodes are astonishingly bad. No redeeming value whatsoever. Be forewarned to go in with expectations at rock bottom and you might enjoy it more than me.

I agree with others who replied… this is really disappointing to hear. I will still give it a try, but gonna wait until all episodes air though so I can binge it all at once and immediately stop if it is bad for me too.

3 weeks later
#3519 63 days ago

House of Ninjas (Netflix) was pretty good.

1 week later
#3562 51 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Any interest in the Chinese adaptation? I've been putting that off but I may break down and watch a few episodes

I watched it. It was interesting and better quality than I expected though I honestly felt a little turned around by the end.

1 week later
#3583 41 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

Just finished The Gentleman on Netflix. Started on the slow side but turned out to be excellent. If you like Slow Horses or shows like that with a bit of intrigue, action, and comedy, this is a good one.

Nice! I will start that one next then… I love Slow Horses.

#3586 40 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The Bear is pretty good,I think others have said so earlier in the thread but I thought it was Jack the Bear with Danny Devito which I hated.

Really liked that one too. They say season 3 will drop in June, all episodes at once (which is awesome, because I can’t do the “wait to watch a new episode next week” thing anymore)

#3602 38 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Same here. Wasn't too sure what to expect from The Gentlemen but I really liked the first two episodes.

After one and a half episodes… if someone doesn’t put a bullet in Freddie’s head by the end of this episode, I’m out.

#3624 32 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tonight on Netflix, Three Body Problem.
Amazing books, hopefully an amazing series.....[quoted image]

The Chinese series Three-Body (30 50-minute episodes) is also currently on Prime. I watched the first 6 of 8 episodes of the Netflix series yesterday, and after watching the Chinese series it felt very ‘abridged’ to me with a lot less character development. Still not sure how I feel about that.

#3635 32 days ago

Just finished 3 Body Problem. It is ‘fine’… but for me the Chinese series is definitely superior.

They both end up at the same spot, but IMO it just seems someone felt the need to make an English language version of it where the character and series focus was decidedly less Chinese as well as diversify the cast.

I am sure some will prefer this… just not me.

#3637 32 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well… yeah. There’s ALREADY a Chinese one

My point was that this one is inferior… so watch the Chinese one. I guess I am just not someone that needs an Americanized version of everything to make me feel better about myself.

#3647 31 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don’t agree the Chinese one was better - I felt far more drawn into the Netflix one. BTW, no one in the cast is American?!?

What makes it ‘Americanized’ or targeted for American consumption is it being moved to English and the focus being on a Western (more diverse) and specifically non-Chinese cast and locale. This is likely the very reason you were more drawn into it.

Edit: this isn’t meant to be a judgment about you or anyone else… so please don’t take it as a personal attack.

#3653 31 days ago

Going back over my posts about Three-Body there were times I spoke in absolutes as if everyone would/should have the same opinion as me (I do it often).

For myself I watch way too much stuff to start with and find myself always looking for something that feels ‘different’ to me than what the vast majority of series/movies that Hollywood serves up tend to be.

That makes me nearly always enjoy content not coming out of Hollywood and targeted at the US more, because I am so hungry for something (attitudes/language/acting/ideas) that doesn’t feel samey.

#3656 31 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's all good.
If it was not for you, I would not even know about the earlier Chinese series on Netflix

It’s on Prime.

#3660 31 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

As to 3 Body Problem, FWIW, a YouTuber who goes by Quinn’s Ideas who had raved about the book series and done several videos about it, says the Netflix series comes pretty close to the books and adds a bit more character development. He notes that the first season touches on events in all three books which may throw people off who have only read the first book.
In any case,I look forward to watching it next week when I’m back from vacation.

I normally love his videos… that is the first one I wondered whether he was paid off. I hope I can now refrain from more comments about this… I do promise to try!

2 weeks later
#3721 12 days ago

I am halfway through Parasyte (Netflix) and am liking it so far. Its a Korean sci-fi limited series… kind of like a cross between The Strain and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Edit: Finished it. Was entertaining but it’s not gonna win any awards or anything.

#3723 12 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That is a side story to 2 previous movies. I recommend both. It seems a bit kiddish at first, but they are pretty brutal body horror.

I will definitely be looking for those… thanks!

#3728 11 days ago

And speaking of Mr. Goggins… I just finished Fallout. They did a great job with it.

Was both nostalgic (even brought up old memories of playing Wasteland that had been lost to me) as well as entertaining. I really enjoyed it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skink91.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-trying-to-find-a-new-tv-series-to-watch?tu=skink91 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.