Screenshot 2024-04-17 212908 (resized).png
Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1759 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I can ask Morgan to ship ya a new one tomorrow if you shoot her an email John! We are closed tomorrow but I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I will let her know.

One of the many reasons I love you guys.
You guys have the best costumer service/customer relations hands down.

Ive told these stories before, but I’ll tell them again.
During the pandemic my wife was playing the hell out of our Rob Zombie.
She sent a gnarly air all flying at the pop bumper and it shattered the plastic on it. I hit up Charlie and he sent me not just one, but three replacements just in case it happens again, lol. He also refused to take my money when I offered to pay.

At TPF a few years ago I ran into Charlie and KT at their booth. I started talking to Charlie about the servo on my Captain Spaulding not working right. He reached down into his parts tackle box and handed me a new servo. I offered to pay for it and he said “no, I’m just really happy your buying our games and supporting our company”. After that I played a few games on Alice Copper with Charlie walking me through the shots, which was really cool. I went and bough an Alice Cooper a few months later.

Luke was instrumental on helping me with my Rick and Morty and I’ll never forget that.
I can’t say enough good things about these people.
Hands down a fantastic group.
Customer for life right here.

#1785 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

While I'm waiting on #159 halloween. I picked up something to tie me over. Man I don't understand the hate this game gets .it's amazing, best sound system I have ever heard on a game .Mine has the shaker upgrade and real knocker kit installed already.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from rotordave:

I’ll give you some reasons …
1/ the main reason - people are sheeple. A few people didn’t like it at launch, it became a thing. Sheeple always follow the herd. Most haven’t even played it. If they have - see #4.
2/ non generic-Stern layout. RZ is more like a 80s Gottlieb, with its exposed pops. Most NIB NEWBS wouldn’t know what a 80s Gottlieb is. Lol
3/ code was slow to develop, to be fair. It got better in the end.
4/ left orbit is very tight. Right orbit is crazy tight. You need to shoot the left orbit to start a mode - and half the people I’ve seen play RZ can’t shoot the left orbit to start a mode. If you can’t start a mode, you’re not going to enjoy the game very much. And of course, it’s not your fault you can’t shoot it - it’s the games fault.
rd

I think Dave summed it up pretty well.
Picking on this game is like a running joke with some people.
Truth is the machines are making their way into the hands of people who really enjoy them and it’s developing kind of a cult following.
Most new owners (as well as long term owners) that pick one up post something similar to what you posted where they don’t understand the negativity. It’s good to see them making their way into the hands of people who appreciate them. They only made 250 of them, which is damn few and I’m very happy to have one.

1 month later
#2915 2 years ago

The lineup just got a little more Spooky.
Halloween and Ultraman arrived today.
Up to 6 Spooky pins now.

A6262D5B-7600-4A8C-AB73-83B55E5114F3 (resized).jpegA6262D5B-7600-4A8C-AB73-83B55E5114F3 (resized).jpeg0E5D921C-6F61-47B4-A906-20BC43E7A501 (resized).jpeg0E5D921C-6F61-47B4-A906-20BC43E7A501 (resized).jpeg132829DF-DA0B-4A38-A585-B9AA9738EFA9 (resized).jpeg132829DF-DA0B-4A38-A585-B9AA9738EFA9 (resized).jpeg98E766A4-58A8-4DCE-8703-401FEEAA220E (resized).jpeg98E766A4-58A8-4DCE-8703-401FEEAA220E (resized).jpeg
#2917 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are going to have to get you a plaque of honor or something! Thank you for the comments, laughs, and business over the years!

LOL, I'll wind up putting together a complete set at some point.
Need to get me a AMH and a TNA still.
Theres a local collector with a really nice HUO AMH I may offer to trade.
TNA I'll wind up with on a long enough timeline, but meanwhile I get to play it at Electric Bat whenever I go down there.
Was kind of holding off on TNA to see if you guys ever do another run of them.

I bid on the Jetsons in the Banning auction, but it went for a little more than I wanted to spend.

#2919 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

TNA not at EB anymore they moved it up to Flagstaff

I need to go visit the Flagstaff location.
Got some friends up there and its about an hour shorter drive for me than most people in the valley.
As it is EB in Tempe is about an hour from me (as is most location pinball).

#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And unvieling parties? Beyond posting on a pinball forum, I'm not that weird LOL
Electric Bat is my go too...

We’re probably going to open them both up on Saturday.
I would have done it tonight, but I was busy setting up machines and a cotton candy maker at my kids school for “teacher fun at work day” (something I get drafted into doing every year).
Have to go pick up my machines tomorrow night so that’s out as well.
Thankfully this year I just took arcade machines, which although heavier you tint have to take legs on and off.

#2941 2 years ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Awesome Kent, can’t wait to see you guys again. Will you be at the show next weekend?
[quoted image]

I can’t unfortunately because I’ll be in Germany.
My travel schedule is back in full swing now and it’s been crazy the last few months.
I really want to get down there and check out your Dukes of Hazard though.

1 week later
#3294 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

At spooky HQ, I'm advocating that all our playfields undergo a hardness test at time of manufacture. I mean, other companies literally *hammer* test their playfields. That sounds pretty hardcore to me, but I say we turn it up to eleven, and proof our playfields against a Barret .50 cal. I mean, every single playfield would fail, but how badass would that be; knowing that your playfield was "Spooky, .50 cal tested (TM)"?

I can arrange this if you want.
Come out for ZapCon and we will take you all shooting in the desert.
One of the guys in our local pinball group is a gunsmith, FFL, SOT holder etc.
He owns a Russian RPG launcher.
We could do the Spooky playfield test against a rocket propelled grenade.
Only issue is the grenades are around $750 per round (totally worth it IMO).
I would pay for a couple, but after that your on your own.

#3296 2 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

Don't forget each single grenade needs its own Federal Tax Stamp as well... Totally worth it!!

It’s the little things in life that make us happy.

5 months later
#7707 1 year ago

Installed the last code update last night and played a bunch of games with some friends. Had a friggin blast.
I’ll say this about Spooky games. They get a lot of hate after the initial release for issues with code and bugs etc. Alice Cooper was the same way and there was a smaller amount of that with Rick and Morty initially. Hell even Rob Zombie still has this strange stigma about it and I really like that game. As the code gets better and more refined the games really turn a corner and tend to blossom into something really good. I feel like you have to stick it out with these and see them through until the end. People trash talked Alice Cooper calling it a brick fest with shitty code and that game really turned out to be BAD ASS and one of my favorites. Halloween and Ultraman are getting there quick and really coming along. I don’t think they are quite there yet, but they are both really frigin good at where they are at now. I think a few more updates and some of the rats that’s abandoned ship early on these machines will wish they had not. Personally I like getting a game with early code and watching the game developer into something. Watching Eric do all the things he did with Rick and Morty and how hands on he was with the community was exciting for me. You knew there was always something new in the pipeline and it kept the game really fresh and fun. I feel like that’s kind of where we’re at with Halloween now. The code is good enough to really enjoy playing the game and come a long way since the start, yet we know there’s more to come and something to look forward to. Exciting times.

#7709 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You still don't have it on the floor? That made me laugh. I get it - You're passionate about pinball.

Why would having it on the floor make you laugh?
There’s a couple here locally on location at Electric Bat as well as Jesse James Comics. From what I can tell they get played. Electric Bat got theirs first, which is just over and hour from my house. Before I had my machine I (as well as some of my friends) made several trips there just check it out and play it. Owning the machine, I would say that it’s much better suited for a home environment (at least for my taste), but I think it’s good to have these out on location so people can experience them first hand.

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He is saying that it’s funny that I DONT currently have mine on the floor. I play it DAILY, that’s why. I hoping that I get tired of it by October so I can bring it in for Spooky season…but the game just keep getting better and better and I’m developing all of these strategies to beat it efficiently and I’m fully hoooked. I just hope that the final wiz mode is programmed prior to Halloween so I can dig into that at home before sending it out.

Oh, gotcha.
Halloween (the Holliday) is going to be upon us quicker than you think.

#7729 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Call me now for free downvotes.
1 800 PIN DICK
Operators are standing by.
Wouldn’t think I’d get so much hate for trying to give Spooky a boost on pinside but here we are crossing swords and chopping turds.
Thanks to the 7 or so people that left a review!
I’m sure SPOOKY appreciates it.
And…in 7 days. I’ll remind newer owners to review the game. AGAIN, how awful to be vocal about your opinions on a forum. Like…wtf else is this site used for? There’s a review section…why not use it?

I dig your enthusiasm.
You do you the way you want to.

1 month later
#8690 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

For everyone that’s been wondering if the satin holds up very well, no it definitely does not. This is after 250 games. I bought the 2K spray as others did hopefully it helps. Not going into details of all my personal problems with the machine. But I can definitely say this is my first and last spooky game I will buy.
[quoted image]

I don’t understand what I’m supposed to be seeing in this photo. Is there something wrong with it that I’m not immediately picking up?

#8740 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kids love scary stuff

With our kids it was all about age.
My daughter got scared really easy when she was younger and would not watch scary movies.
As soon as she turned 13 she was binge watching The Walking Dead and alike.

#8745 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Anyone else’s wife loving Halloween? My wife has barely touched any of our other pins since March….

Not only that, she texts me pictures every time she knocks off one of my scores.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

7,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coindork.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=coindork and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.