IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 339.
#7701 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

15 hours till the pinside top 100 resets. If you haven’t already go give this game a fair review. It helps the decision making process for people who are considering buying a game or spot. I’m personally loving this game and I can’t believe it isn’t at least top 25 at this point. Everyone in the forums are always clamoring for more mechs, more toys, more shots, more modes, more wizard modes more more more. This game has MORE than any other offering from any manufacturer if you ask me.

I’ve already given it an EXCELLENT review!

#7702 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

15 hours till the pinside top 100 resets. If you haven’t already go give this game a fair review. It helps the decision making process for people who are considering buying a game or spot.
I’m personally loving both of these games and I can’t believe it isn’t at least top 25 at this point. Everyone in the forums are always clamoring for more mechs, more toys, more shots, more modes, more wizard modes more more more. This game has MORE than any other offering from any manufacturer if you ask me.
Owners especially, you really ought to go review it. You’ve spent time on it. You know the game. Do it for the Spooky team. These games do not deserve these low ratings. It is frankly ABSURD.

I think you’re missing the point about the top 100. First of all, who cares what other people think? In the beginning I was wanting to get the game qualified for placement on the top 100 to see where it was in the grand scheme of things. Now that it is there, it is interesting to see which way it is trending. The top 100 is a sample of pinball players / owners and operators. Owners will usually give the game good marks. Heck, I’m an owner and I did. I would have to say operators are still disappointed with the code the most. It is buggy and requires a lot of attention to keep it running in the field. The place I go is having a heck of a time keeping Halloween on-line. Tournament players generally don’t like Halloween. It just isn’t a tournament type game. Ball times are way to long for that. New players are confused by the unique layout. Factor those things into the top 100 equation and you soon realize why this isn’t near the top of the list. Is it a bad game? No. It just isn’t for the masses and won’t be near the top of the top 100 list.

#7703 1 year ago

Disagree. Potential buyers who have not played the game care what people think of the game. Also, I don’t need things explained to me. I fully understand the “point” of the top 100. I am an operator with Spooky games on the floor. What kind of guy mansplains to another man anyway? Especially when they don’t know the man or have any idea what the man actually knows about operating pins? C’mon, I just think people who have spent time on the game should review it. Give me a break DAD Hahaha

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think you’re missing the point about the top 100. First of all, who cares what other people think? In the beginning I was wanting to get the game qualified for placement on the top 100 to see where it was in the grand scheme of things. Now that it is there, it is interesting to see which way it is trending. The top 100 is a sample of pinball players / owners and operators. Owners will usually give the game good marks. Heck, I’m an owner and I did. I would have to say operators are still disappointed with the code the most. It is buggy and requires a lot of attention to keep it running in the field. The place I go is having a heck of a time keeping Halloween on-line. Tournament players generally don’t like Halloween. It just isn’t a tournament type game. Ball times are way to long for that. New players are confused by the unique layout. Factor those things into the top 100 equation and you soon realize why this isn’t near the top of the list. Is it a bad game? No. It just isn’t for the masses and won’t be near the top of the top 100 list.

#7704 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Disagree. Potential buyers who have not played the game care what people think of the game. Also, I don’t need things explained to me. I fully understand the purpose of the top 100. I am an operator with Spooky games on the floor. What kind of guy mansplains to another man anyway? Especially when they don’t know the man or have any idea what the man actually knows about operating pins? C’mon, I just think people who have spent time on the game should review it. Give me a break DAD Hahaha

I know you are an operator. I also know you weren't happy with the early code. You were hesitant to put it out on the floor because of it. You made that very clear in earlier posts. All I am saying is that is the top 100 is open to everybody and everybody's opinion is valid. You may not agree with what is said in the reviews but that does not change anything. Don't let it bother you. Let the reviews come in organically. No need to beat the Spooky drum.

#7705 1 year ago

I’m not “beating the spooky drum” so much as trying to support a company who’s offerings I really like that are somehow maligned in the public eye by people who don’t want to read the rules, people impatient with the coding process, straight Stern shills and f’n flippers. Attempting to correct some of the bad mouthing by encouraging people who like the game to chime in. What’s wrong with that?

And yes, I’m waiting to bring Halloween in until the code is in a place where I feel like the game truly shines. I feel like it’s there on 1.08 so now I’m just waiting to debut it in October for the holiday. And…when I have to do maintenance I certainly won’t whine about it as it’s my job. I have to fix shit all the time across all manufacturers. It’s the nature of the business. But I digress…

GO REVIEW THE GAME!

I know you are an operator. I also know you weren't happy with the early code. You were hesitant to put it out on the floor because of it. You made that very clear in earlier posts. All I am say is that is the top 100 is open to everybody and everybody's opinion is valid. You may not agree with what is said in the reviews but that does not change anything. Don't let it bother you. Let the reviews come in organically. No need to beat the Spooky drum.

#7706 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not “beating the spooky drum” so much as trying to support a company who’s offerings I really like that are somehow maligned in the public eye by people who don’t want to read the rules, people impatient with the coding process, straight Stern shills and f’n flippers. Attempting to correct some of the bad mouthing by encouraging people who like the game to chime in. What’s wrong with that?
And yes, I’m waiting to bring Halloween in until the code is in a place where I feel like the game truly shines. I feel like it’s there on 1.08 so now I’m just waiting to debut it in October for the holiday. And…when I have to do maintenance I certainly won’t whine about it as it’s my job. I have to fix shit all the time across all manufacturers. It’s the nature of the business. But I digress…
GO REVIEW THE GAME!

You still don't have it on the floor? That made me laugh. I get it - You're passionate about pinball.

#7707 1 year ago

Installed the last code update last night and played a bunch of games with some friends. Had a friggin blast.
I’ll say this about Spooky games. They get a lot of hate after the initial release for issues with code and bugs etc. Alice Cooper was the same way and there was a smaller amount of that with Rick and Morty initially. Hell even Rob Zombie still has this strange stigma about it and I really like that game. As the code gets better and more refined the games really turn a corner and tend to blossom into something really good. I feel like you have to stick it out with these and see them through until the end. People trash talked Alice Cooper calling it a brick fest with shitty code and that game really turned out to be BAD ASS and one of my favorites. Halloween and Ultraman are getting there quick and really coming along. I don’t think they are quite there yet, but they are both really frigin good at where they are at now. I think a few more updates and some of the rats that’s abandoned ship early on these machines will wish they had not. Personally I like getting a game with early code and watching the game developer into something. Watching Eric do all the things he did with Rick and Morty and how hands on he was with the community was exciting for me. You knew there was always something new in the pipeline and it kept the game really fresh and fun. I feel like that’s kind of where we’re at with Halloween now. The code is good enough to really enjoy playing the game and come a long way since the start, yet we know there’s more to come and something to look forward to. Exciting times.

#7708 1 year ago

Why? Does it not makes sense to bring the game in for HALLOWEEN?!? My close friends and I are enjoying the F out of it in my home gameroom. I’ll bring it in when I’d like to if you don’t mind.

Some people man, damn.

You still don't have it on the floor? That made me laugh. I get it - You're passionate about pinball.

#7709 1 year ago

Why would having it on the floor make you laugh?
There’s a couple here locally on location at Electric Bat as well as Jesse James Comics. From what I can tell they get played. Electric Bat got theirs first, which is just over and hour from my house. Before I had my machine I (as well as some of my friends) made several trips there just check it out and play it. Owning the machine, I would say that it’s much better suited for a home environment (at least for my taste), but I think it’s good to have these out on location so people can experience them first hand.

#7710 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Seems a little early for standards to me guess we will see

Is it possible that it is Nitro's last allocation, so they are throwing in every order from them?

#7711 1 year ago

He is saying that it’s funny that I DONT currently have mine on the floor. I play it DAILY, that’s why. I hoping that I get tired of it by October so I can bring it in for Spooky season…but the game just keep getting better and better and I’m developing all of these strategies to beat it efficiently and I’m fully hoooked. I just hope that the final wiz mode is programmed prior to Halloween so I can dig into that at home before sending it out.

Quoted from Coindork:

Why would having it on the floor make you laugh?
There’s a couple here locally on location at Electric Bat as well as Jesse James Comics. From what I can tell they get played. Electric Bat got theirs first, which is just over and hour from my house. Before I had my machine I (as well as some of my friends) made several trips there just check it out and play it. Owning the machine, I would say that it’s much better suited for a home environment (at least for my taste), but I think it’s good to have these out on location so people can experience them first hand.

#7712 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He is saying that it’s funny that I DONT currently have mine on the floor. I play it DAILY, that’s why. I hoping that I get tired of it by October so I can bring it in for Spooky season…but the game just keep getting better and better and I’m developing all of these strategies to beat it efficiently and I’m fully hoooked. I just hope that the final wiz mode is programmed prior to Halloween so I can dig into that at home before sending it out.

Oh, gotcha.
Halloween (the Holliday) is going to be upon us quicker than you think.

#7713 1 year ago

Are BSE’s and standards being built now?

#7714 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are BSE’s and standards being built now?

I haven't seen a BSE built yet. It would be nice to see a picture of one since we are so close now. I got my butter email a month ago, but haven't heard anything since. There's still a bunch of CE spots for sale, so not sure when last call is on those.

#7715 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I haven't seen a BSE built yet. It would be nice to see a picture of one since we are so close now. I got my butter email a month ago, but haven't heard anything since. There's still a bunch of CE spots for sale, so not sure when last call is on those.

Wonder if they will wait to build BSEs until all CEs are sold out?

There’s at least one Standard floating around out there so not sure what’s going on.

#7716 1 year ago

It’s possible they just billed me and are making me sit - who knows. I asked and they said I’d have a timeline for delivery shortly

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is it possible that it is Nitro's last allocation, so they are throwing in every order from them?

#7717 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Congrats to you owners! I plan to work up my usual 3D start button and/or coin reject buttons in the not-too-distant future, so I'll let you know when those are ready.

"It's Halloween... everyone's entitled to one good start button."

Ok maybe that's not exactly the line from the movie, but it's close.

New from Rocket City Pinball, 3D Start Button for Halloween -- using a virtual butcher knife, I virtually carved a jack-o-lantern, including START lettering for its mouth. The translucent tangerine base color creates just the right lit-up-jack-o-lantern color. The pumpkin is printed atop the base with a mid-print filament change, so it's all fused together as one single piece. The stem is detailed in a copper color during post-processing. Don't worry, the stem doesn't contact the housing; I've designed it with the button/switch stroke length in mind so it does not interfere with function.

Halloween4 (resized).jpgHalloween4 (resized).jpg

Since Spooky uses a smaller, recessed start button (unlike the now-standard larger start buttons used by Stern and JJP), this item includes a complete housing assembly to fully replace it. The new assembly will cover the counterbore in the cabinet, leaving you with a clean installation of the new larger button. (Very easy process, videos included in my shop listing to show you how to do it.)

Halloween1 (resized).jpgHalloween1 (resized).jpg

First person who is willing to take nice photos of it installed in their game (so I can update my shop listing) gets one at 50% off, using coupon code (((EDIT: coupon has been claimed, thanks!)))

Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07068-3d-start-button-halloween

#7718 1 year ago

Done and done. Thanks!! Pics as soon as it’s installed. Appreciate it.

#7719 1 year ago

Yep, beat me to it! Looking forward to seeing it installed.

#7720 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

(((EDIT: coupon has been claimed, thanks!)))

Damn it!

That was a sweet deal.

#7721 1 year ago

This…….

#7722 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Disagree. Potential buyers who have not played the game care what people think of the game. Also, I don’t need things explained to me. I fully understand the “point” of the top 100. I am an operator with Spooky games on the floor. What kind of guy mansplains to another man anyway? Especially when they don’t know the man or have any idea what the man actually knows about operating pins? C’mon, I just think people who have spent time on the game should review it. Give me a break DAD Hahaha

Wow, triggered much? Relax dude. Smh

#7723 1 year ago

The guy is being rude and condescending, and now here you are. SMH noob

Quoted from Lpilot1:

Wow, triggered much? Relax dude. Smh

#7724 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

"It's Halloween... everyone's entitled to one good start button."
Ok maybe that's not exactly the line from the movie, but it's close.
New from Rocket City Pinball, 3D Start Button for Halloween -- using a virtual butcher knife, I virtually carved a jack-o-lantern, including START lettering for its mouth. The translucent tangerine base color creates just the right lit-up-jack-o-lantern color. The pumpkin is printed atop the base with a mid-print filament change, so it's all fused together as one single piece. The stem is detailed in a copper color during post-processing. Don't worry, the stem doesn't contact the housing; I've designed it with the button/switch stroke length in mind so it does not interfere with function.
[quoted image]
Since Spooky uses a smaller, recessed start button (unlike the now-standard larger start buttons used by Stern and JJP), this item includes a complete housing assembly to fully replace it. The new assembly will cover the counterbore in the cabinet, leaving you with a clean installation of the new larger button. (Very easy process, videos included in my shop listing to show you how to do it.)
[quoted image]
First person who is willing to take nice photos of it installed in their game (so I can update my shop listing) gets one at 50% off, using coupon code (((EDIT: coupon has been claimed, thanks!)))
Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/07068-3d-start-button-halloween

Nice!! ordered.... (just installed my bowling ball start button today for TBL, then got inspired to change my BM66 start button insert...it IS a "good start" sort of day, lol)...

#7725 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The guy is being rude and condescending, and now here you are. SMH noob

OK - I'll bite. What did I say that was rude and or condescending? I didn't get personal about anything or down vote you (but I did notice you down voted me and everyone that agreed with me). Pinside is a discussion, I thought we were having a discussion. I was just trying to state the top 100 works when it is what it is. Having owners chime in with reviews is fine but we both know what the end result of that would be. Halloween's top 100 score would go up because owners like the game for a number of reasons. I believe you would like to see that because you think it is a better game than the current ranking shows. I also think it is a better game than the current ranking shows, but I also feel it is not for me to decide that. What I am saying is leave it alone. Let the people review the game that want to. Let the game develop a true top 100 score over time. End of story - I'm not saying anymore on the subject.

#7726 1 year ago

Just curious if the start button is supposed to light up? Mine did not come with a LED in it.

#7727 1 year ago

Come on guys the Top 100 is stupid. Super subjective. Easily manipulated. And when it boils down to it, there are plenty of games on there that don’t belong. My personal Top 100 is different than everyone else’s. All of the games on there have people who hate on them. Halloween is no different. My wife doesn’t like. I love it. Just not her cup of tea. She would rather have MBr. MB is fun but I like Halloween better.

#7728 1 year ago

Call me now for free downvotes.

1 800 PIN DICK

Operators are standing by.

Wouldn’t think I’d get so much hate for trying to give Spooky a boost on pinside but here we are crossing swords and chopping turds.

Thanks to the 7 or so people that left a review!

I’m sure SPOOKY appreciates it.

And…in 7 days. I’ll remind newer owners to review the game. AGAIN, how awful to be vocal about your opinions on a forum. Like…wtf else is this site used for? There’s a review section…why not use it?

#7729 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Call me now for free downvotes.
1 800 PIN DICK
Operators are standing by.
Wouldn’t think I’d get so much hate for trying to give Spooky a boost on pinside but here we are crossing swords and chopping turds.
Thanks to the 7 or so people that left a review!
I’m sure SPOOKY appreciates it.
And…in 7 days. I’ll remind newer owners to review the game. AGAIN, how awful to be vocal about your opinions on a forum. Like…wtf else is this site used for? There’s a review section…why not use it?

I dig your enthusiasm.
You do you the way you want to.

#7730 1 year ago

Hey man, bless your heart. I like me

Quoted from Coindork:

I dig your enthusiasm.
You do you the way you want to.

#7731 1 year ago

You definitely have a way of coming across abrasive but I know your passionate about Spooky Pinball and Halloween in particular so….you have kinda grown on me.
We don’t all have to agree and all come from very different points of view but in the end we are fighting for the same team!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hey man, bless your heart. I like me

#7732 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

You definitely have a way of coming across abrasive but I know your passionate about Spooky Pinball and Halloween in particular so….you’ve kinda grown on me.
We don’t all have to agree and all come from very different points of view but in the end we are fighting for the same team!

#7733 1 year ago

Butter email from Pinballstar. Yes please. #908

#7734 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Butter email from Pinballstar. Yes please. #908

Boom! You shall love it!!

#7735 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Boom! You shall love it!!

It’ll smack my savings in the mouth but hey, I’ll find a way to carry on without that sweet sweet .0250 interest rate.

#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Just curious if the start button is supposed to light up? Mine did not come with a LED in it.

Really? I haven't seen a start button that didn't light up, since the early 1990s!

The good news is, from digging around it looks like Spooky may be using 12V bulbs here (correct me if I'm wrong, spooky owners), and the housing assembly I use comes with one, so I can just include the bulbs with my jack-o-lantern buttons.

Here's a pic from the Halloween(s) at SFGE a few weeks ago, lit start button.

20220717_085220 (resized).jpg20220717_085220 (resized).jpg

Anyone else have a unlit one or did Pinman502 just get shafted?

#7737 1 year ago

Yeah I checked mine did not have the bulb.

#7738 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Yeah I checked mine did not have the bulb.

Is it wired up for one at least? These are the wires that touch the bulb housing and not the microswitch. Post a pic please.

#7739 1 year ago

I’m still really enjoying this game, nothing like hitting “Jack Pots” simultaneously on 3 different playfields while “Don’t Fear The Reaper” blasts from the speakers (pure adrenaline moment).

I just installed Vimtoman house mod and I highly recommend it if you're on the fence.

Looking forward to the game code fully flourishing on this title. As of now, Spooky is taking steps in the right direction.

(P.S. Still waiting for that Co-op

17B7BE2C-EF60-4F14-AB27-8209C75855D8 (resized).jpeg17B7BE2C-EF60-4F14-AB27-8209C75855D8 (resized).jpeg227FF96A-0F6A-48CE-83AB-242D5FB1F9E6 (resized).jpeg227FF96A-0F6A-48CE-83AB-242D5FB1F9E6 (resized).jpeg4F93BF83-E6EA-4257-9E4A-8474CCC6C454 (resized).jpeg4F93BF83-E6EA-4257-9E4A-8474CCC6C454 (resized).jpeg
#7740 1 year ago

What mode(s) trigger “Don’t Fear the Reaper”? I don’t think I’ve heard it yet. Is there enough cowbell?

#7741 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What mode(s) trigger “Don’t Fear the Reaper”? I don’t think I’ve heard it yet. Is there enough cowbell?

There's never enough Cowbell!!

#7742 1 year ago

Co-op would be badass!

Quoted from McDoom:

I’m still really enjoying this game, nothing like hitting “Jack Pots” simultaneously on 3 different playfields while “Don’t Fear The Reaper” blasts from the speakers (pure adrenaline moment).
I just installed Vimtoman house mod and I highly recommend it if you're on the fence.
Looking forward to the game code fully flourishing on this title. As of now, Spooky is taking steps in the right direction.
(P.S. Still waiting for that Co-op
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#7743 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Is it wired up for one at least? These are the wires that touch the bulb housing and not the microswitch. Post a pic please.

Yes it was wired correctly just Someone forgot to put the bulb in.

#7744 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What kind of guy mansplains to another man anyway?

Pinside quote of the month nominee.

#7745 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]

Oops!

It looks like that shooter rod bracket needs straightening.

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

It looks like your shooter rod bracket needs straightening.

lol yes indeed! Not my machine though, it was one of three set up at the Spooky booth at Southern Fried Gaming Expo.

#7747 1 year ago

I feel seen and I appreciate you.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Pinside quote of the month nominee.

#7748 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

lol yes indeed! Not my machine though, it was one of three set up at the Spooky booth at Southern Fried Gaming Expo.

I realized afterwards but wow that is noticeably crooked!

#7749 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You have to complete 3 pumpkin modes I believe and then you can trigger it with the fourth.

#7750 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You have to complete 3 pumpkin modes I believe and then you can trigger it with the fourth.

pretty sure it's start 3 modes, you don't have to complete any of them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 16,929 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 339.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.