(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,135 posts
  • 433 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Laithan
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1909 (resized).png
62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.
#3001 4 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I was getting a bong but still no sound. Took a step backwards as the dmd is all messed up. Tried retracing your directions for testing and everything is disconnected except the dmd to the cpu board and dmd is still a mishmash of garbage. Rechecked the cable connect a couple times, seems correct. Cables are new. I dunno, maybe the dmd is now bad? Seems very coincidental.

If the image is stable but random/garbage it could be the DMD card (not the display itself) that has taken a hit.
Do you have any other WPC machines that use the same card?
If so, you could try swapping the cards around and see if the problem follows the card - or if the problem persists in the Demolition man machine.

#3002 4 months ago

Another suggestion if you haven't tried is to re-seat all the connections on both sides.

#3003 4 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

If the image is stable but random/garbage it could be the DMD card (not the display itself) that has taken a hit.
Do you have any other WPC machines that use the same card?
If so, you could try swapping the cards around and see if the problem follows the card - or if the problem persists in the Demolition man machine.

Will this board work for testing? It's from Addams family. Looks pretty much the same and the dmd works perfectly.

20231211_130612 (resized).jpg20231211_130612 (resized).jpg
#3004 4 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Will this board work for testing? It's from Addams family. Looks pretty much the same and the dmd works perfectly.
[quoted image]

Yes, that should work.

#3005 4 months ago

Back in the club, and ready for the hate lol.

IMG_4033 (resized).jpegIMG_4033 (resized).jpeg
#3006 4 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

Oh no!! You’ve been neutered! No hate, just sadness…

#3007 4 months ago

Aww man, someone lost their pistol grip flipper buttons when they were playing with the clam shells in the bathroom.

#3008 4 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

No secret jackpot for you

#3009 4 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

"What would you say if I called you a brutish fossil, symbolic of a decayed era gratefully forgotten?"

Quoted from Laithan:

No secret jackpot for you

Doesn't the launch button work for this as well?

#3010 4 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Yes, that should work.

Board is good, tested again with everything connected
Dmd worked, sound interface error still.
Starting a game now results in no ball being launched, flippers are dead. And no sound. I'm kinda stumped about the flippers and ball launch. No other errors are showing up besides the sound error. I think it's haunted.
I welcome any additional thoughts.

#3011 4 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

[quoted image]

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy???

#3012 4 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Board is good, tested again with everything connected
Dmd worked, sound interface error still.
Starting a game now results in no ball being launched, flippers are dead. And no sound. I'm kinda stumped about the flippers and ball launch. No other errors are showing up besides the sound error. I think it's haunted.
I welcome any additional thoughts.

If the sound board has problems with the chips connected to the interface (grey ribbon cable), this can affect communications from the CPU to the other boards as well.
So if the game still works as expected with the grey cable from the sound board disconnected, there's a fault with the sound board.
Probably best to send it to ChrisHibler or someone else qualified to repair it.

1 week later
#3013 4 months ago

I did my Demo man a lil different. Pictures make it look purple / pink bombed… in person it doesn’t look so intense.

IMG_4270 (resized).jpegIMG_4270 (resized).jpegIMG_4305 (resized).jpegIMG_4305 (resized).jpegIMG_4312 (resized).jpegIMG_4312 (resized).jpegIMG_4490 (resized).jpegIMG_4490 (resized).jpegIMG_4492 (resized).jpegIMG_4492 (resized).jpegIMG_4493 (resized).jpegIMG_4493 (resized).jpegIMG_4494 (resized).jpegIMG_4494 (resized).jpegIMG_4495 (resized).jpegIMG_4495 (resized).jpegIMG_4498 (resized).jpegIMG_4498 (resized).jpegIMG_4500 (resized).jpegIMG_4500 (resized).jpegIMG_4531 (resized).jpegIMG_4531 (resized).jpeg

#3014 4 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

I did my Demo man a lil different. Pictures make it look purple / pink bombed… in person it doesn’t look so intense.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#3015 4 months ago

Nice work bud! DM is a great game to customize and make your own.

#3016 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Aww man, someone lost their pistol grip flipper buttons when they were playing with the clam shells in the bathroom.

Many years ago I experimented with using the side buttons instead of the grip buttons. My accuracy was better with the grips, especially on the skill shot. I think the shorter travel distance of the grip buttons means there’s less variance in the time between when the button is pushed and switch activation.

#3017 4 months ago

youguys2.gifyouguys2.gif

you guys, you guys, I'm so excited about this button! I've envisioned this button for a long time but never had the capability to make it how I wanted -- until recently. So check this out, Rocket City Pinball's 3D Start Button for Demolition Man!

DemoMan_on-5.jpgDemoMan_on-5.jpg

DemoMan_pinsidethread1.jpgDemoMan_pinsidethread1.jpg

Since Demo Man uses a smaller recessed start button, my button includes a full housing assembly which replaces the existing button and covers up the counterbore in the cabinet. However, in this case, the housing itself is dressed up as the ice block lifter.

DemoMan_pinsidethread3.jpgDemoMan_pinsidethread3.jpg

Inside is the button itself, designed as a block of ice with START (in Demo Man font) frozen inside! The START is intentionally not squared with the face of the button -- in other words, it's slightly rotated sideways and leaned 'back' into the button -- to make it look suspended at random inside the ice, just like the frozen prisoners in the film. The print finish is also intentionally cloudy to give it a frosty look, making the captive START text partially obscured until lit up by the button's light!

Photos don't really do this button justice, it looks amazing and I'm so excited I could finally make it a reality.

Here's a look at it when it's not lit, looking frosty and partially obscuring the text:

DemoMan_pinsidethread2.jpgDemoMan_pinsidethread2.jpg

Installation is super easy, no soldering required. Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/09985-3d-start-button-demolition-man

#3018 4 months ago
Quoted from MR-808:

Many years ago I experimented with using the side buttons instead of the grip buttons. My accuracy was better with the grips, especially on the skill shot. I think the shorter travel distance of the grip buttons means there’s less variance in the time between when the button is pushed and switch activation.

Yeah there's definitely a variance with buttons vs grips. Grips are full power or nothing. Technically they are harder as they lack the variance in power you have with buttons but I think that once you get used to them you sort of advance beyond "higher difficulty" into "improved accuracy" as you just nail the shots. I noticed the skillshot also.

#3019 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
you guys, you guys, I'm so excited about this button! I've envisioned this button for a long time but never had the capability to make it how I wanted -- until recently. So check this out, Rocket City Pinball's 3D Start Button for Demolition Man!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Since Demo Man uses a smaller recessed start button, my button includes a full housing assembly which replaces the existing button and covers up the counterbore in the cabinet. However, in this case, the housing itself is dressed up as the ice block lifter.
[quoted image]
Inside is the button itself, designed as a block of ice with START (in Demo Man font) frozen inside! The START is intentionally not squared with the face of the button -- in other words, it's slightly rotated sideways and leaned 'back' into the button -- to make it look suspended at random inside the ice, just like the frozen prisoners in the film. The print finish is also intentionally cloudy to give it a frosty look, making the captive START text partially obscured until lit up by the button's light!
Photos don't really do this button justice, it looks amazing and I'm so excited I could finally make it a reality.
Here's a look at it when it's not lit, looking frosty and partially obscuring the text:
[quoted image]
Installation is super easy, no soldering required. Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/09985-3d-start-button-demolition-man

Nice work, this is pretty neat! I like the frozen look. I'm in!

#3020 4 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:Nice work, this is pretty neat! I like the frozen look. I'm in!

I see this in my future, nice job.

#3021 4 months ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I will def get one of these when I bring my DM back into the game room

#3022 4 months ago

I had some custom speaker grills made. These are for my lighted speaker panel so the size is specific to that panel. I just put the 3rd coat of blue gloss on them yesterday. I think they came out pretty nice!

DM speaker cutouts.JPGDM speaker cutouts.JPG
#3023 3 months ago

I had a chance to install them tonight. I'm pretty happy about how they came out.

PDC04540.JPGPDC04540.JPGPDC04541.JPGPDC04541.JPGPDC04548.JPGPDC04548.JPG
#3024 3 months ago

Happy New Year all -

I have a few odds and ends that I am selling from my DemoMan parts stash.

- 1 Set of upgrade chips Soren 7.0 and profanity, 9 ROMs total: $59 shipped.
- 1 Pin2DMD, activated and completely plug and play: $275

for demo.
- 1 Alt translite as pictured below, brand new: $50 plus actual shipping.

Thanks in advance for looking, and please PM if interested.

PS: Glenn, if you're still having issues with your game: PM me. glpinball

PPS: Welcome back LUKE!!! Luke_Nukem (Used your pic since the translite is still in shipping the tube!)

2024-01-04_11-30-43 (resized).jpg2024-01-04_11-30-43 (resized).jpg
#3025 3 months ago

Game is almost perfect now.
Just installed colorDMD tonight.

received_1069806210830502 (resized).jpegreceived_1069806210830502 (resized).jpeg
#3026 3 months ago

Nice! Color DMD has to be the #1 best mod.

#3027 3 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Nice! Color DMD has to be the #1 best mod.

It's weird seeing the animations in color now. A good weird.
Makes the game feel 15 years newer.

#3028 3 months ago

I am starting to work on some lighting changes on the PF. I started with the sign lights and cryo claw lights using Mitchell Lighting LEDs @mg7322.

Here are some before and after pics. These bulbs are not only unique for something different but they also dimm really well. They go great with the Comet OCD mods. I caught some different brightness levels even one at the claw as the LED was just turning on. Like Blue or Red better?

Here's a quick video to see them in action. These LEDs have a really neat fading effect.

PDC04561.JPGPDC04561.JPGPDC04564.JPGPDC04564.JPGPDC04572.JPGPDC04572.JPGPDC04580.JPGPDC04580.JPGPDC04587.JPGPDC04587.JPGPDC04589.JPGPDC04589.JPGPDC04590.JPGPDC04590.JPGPDC04591.JPGPDC04591.JPGPDC04597.JPGPDC04597.JPGPDC04599.JPGPDC04599.JPGPDC04604.JPGPDC04604.JPG

1 week later
#3029 3 months ago

Finished up a 3D Launch button to go with my 3D Start button -- the SAPD badge!

DemoManLaunchThumb (resized).jpgDemoManLaunchThumb (resized).jpg

DemoManLaunchThread (resized).jpgDemoManLaunchThread (resized).jpg

DemoManLaunch04 (resized).jpgDemoManLaunch04 (resized).jpg

DemoManLaunch03 (resized).jpgDemoManLaunch03 (resized).jpg

As you can see, this light blue base color goes really well with the cabinet color, but I'll also offer it in red or white/clear. (I also printed some in a darker blue before trying the lighter blue, so if you want a darker blue let me know.)

The small 'jewel' area lights up red too! Features 'SAN ANGELES' and their motto, 'ORDER' in small black lettering.

Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/10171-3d-launch-button-demolition-man

1 week later
#3030 3 months ago

Hey all... so I have the idea of putting "flame bulbs" where the 5 lights are under the center ramp. The issue is that all of the flame bulbs that I can find do not have a lens/globe. The stock bulbs have a red cap on them and require a globe to install. I suppose I could live without the red caps but I still sort of need the lens/globe to allow the light to project horizontally. It seems like the flame bulbs would direct the light vertically without one.

Any ideas as to a solution? I did find these on Marco, not sure if it fits over a #555 bulb. I cannot seem to find the dome type.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-615-B

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3031 3 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Hey all... so I have the idea of putting "flame bulbs" where the 5 lights are under the center ramp. The issue is that all of the flame bulbs that I can find do not have a lens/globe. The stock bulbs have a red cap on them and require a globe to install. I suppose I could live without the red caps but I still sort of need the lens/globe to allow the light to project horizontally. It seems like the flame bulbs would direct the light vertically without one.

Any ideas as to a solution? I did find these on Marco, not sure if it fits over a #555 bulb. I cannot seem to find the dome type.
[quoted image]

I put orange dome bulbs in and it looks good. The way they rotate in lighting it gives the effect of fire anyway.

#3032 3 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

[quoted image]

Put a blob of clear silicone on each bulb

#3033 88 days ago

Anyone need some lamp boards or the entrance ramp for DM? I'm clearing out some old parts. PM me if you want to make an offer.

20240130_123819 (resized).jpg20240130_123819 (resized).jpg
#3034 88 days ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Anyone need some lamp boards or the entrance ramp for DM? I'm clearing out some old parts. PM me if you want to make an offer.
[quoted image]

On that ramp, those 2 screws are missing on the blue part (doesn't affect anything). I tried getting the right ones but after ordering a couple I thought would fit, they didn't and I gave up. Were they possibly missing on purpose?

#3035 88 days ago

I have one more brand new Pin2DMD for DemoMan, licensed and activated completely plug and play. $275 shipping included, also comes with power cables and z-connector. Sorry for the crappy pics, I will do a game play video, if desired, as the pics don't do it justice. Thanks for looking!

dm (resized).jpgdm (resized).jpgdm2 (resized).jpgdm2 (resized).jpgdm3 (resized).jpgdm3 (resized).jpgp1 (resized).jpgp1 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3036 77 days ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Finished up a 3D Launch button to go with my 3D Start button -- the SAPD badge!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As you can see, this light blue base color goes really well with the cabinet color, but I'll also offer it in red or white/clear. (I also printed some in a darker blue before trying the lighter blue, so if you want a darker blue let me know.)
The small 'jewel' area lights up red too! Features 'SAN ANGELES' and their motto, 'ORDER' in small black lettering.
Now available in my shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/10171-3d-launch-button-demolition-man

I think it looks great! Nice job

1 week later
#3037 64 days ago

Does anyone have an alt translite they'd sell?

#3038 64 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Does anyone have an alt translite they'd sell?

Check out the ones listed on eBay. One of the sellers has 4 versions to choose from.
ebay.com link: itm

#3039 58 days ago

Finally completed my shop job and mods.

17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
#3040 58 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Finally completed my shop job and mods.[quoted image]

What mods did you do?

#3041 57 days ago
Quoted from shepP:

What mods did you do?

Lit speaker panel. Color dmd, mirror blades, complete led install plus the board that let's the leds fade when they are supposed to as the game was designed. Lit flipper buttons, actual glass back glass, polished the stainless steel legs and armor and lock down bar to a chrome like finish. Leds in the back playfield girder plastic. Added a external sub and the speakers were already upgraded. Under cabinet lighting. Swear roms.

#3042 57 days ago

I saw this on Ebay today...
And they aren't even signed...

I'm a rich man

56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpegIMG_2589 (resized).jpegIMG_2589 (resized).jpegIMG_2590 (resized).jpegIMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3043 39 days ago

Happy to join the club! On my machine, the autolaunch is not cleanly feeding the upper left flipper. Sometimes it gets hung up and makes it and other times it gets completely hung up and goes down the lanes. What should I adjust?

#3044 39 days ago

What should the flippers be? I have them mismatched between fl11629s and fl11630s. Also, where can I buy some replacement speakers for the backbox? They don't need to be an upgrade, just a new set. They sound quite bad right now.

#3045 39 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Happy to join the club! On my machine, the autolaunch is not cleanly feeding the upper left flipper. Sometimes it gets hung up and makes it and other times it gets completely hung up and goes down the lanes. What should I adjust?

raise the PF and you should see the adjustment to align the auto launcher.

Quoted from mrossman5:

What should the flippers be? I have them mismatched between fl11629s and fl11630s. Also, where can I buy some replacement speakers for the backbox? They don't need to be an upgrade, just a new set. They sound quite bad right now.

Found this answer https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-coil-for-a-demo-man-fl-11630-or-fl-11629

5 1/4" and 3" just need to find 4 ohm in stock.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/ELEC-SPKR?S_CAT2=WILLIAMS

#3046 39 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

raise the PF and you should see the adjustment to align the auto launcher.

Found this answer https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-the-best-coil-for-a-demo-man-fl-11630-or-fl-11629
5 1/4" and 3" just need to find 4 ohm in stock.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/ELEC-SPKR?S_CAT2=WILLIAMS

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated. Would this set work?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5555-15580-00

Edit: Never mind, looks like it won't. The set I need is OOS at Marco.

#3047 39 days ago

Cheap car stereo speakers (single voice coil) will work just fine also. Should be easy to find a 5 1/4" 4 Ohm car speaker. Marco has the 3" one.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5555-16223-00

If you ever want to pick up a PinSound board (awesome) down the road, this might be the time to consider your speaker options more closely. The left and right speakers are different sizes. If you want better audio and stereo down the road, you can use an adapter to put a 5 1/4" 2-way speaker on both sides or you could get a custom speaker panel that is made for 5 1/4" speakers on both sides (what I did).

Keep this handy
https://www.coinoperatorshop.com/media/products/manual/pinball/Williams_1994_Demolition_Man_English_Manual.pdf

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3048 38 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated. Would this set work?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5555-15580-00
Edit: Never mind, looks like it won't. The set I need is OOS at Marco.

I have this set up in mine and it is awesome.

ebay.com link: itm

#3049 38 days ago

Just picked up a Demolition Man yesterday and after going through it, every ramp is cracked on the bottom near the flap. The subway is broken in 2, and the right ramp has 3 huge cracks where the diverter hits. I got the game for a reasonable price, but i'm wondering if it's worth replacing these ramps and if the newer ramps hold up better.

Does anyone have any aftermarket ramps from Pinball Haus on their demolition man? How are they holding up? Is it worth the almost $1000 to replace all these ramps?

#3050 38 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Just picked up a Demolition Man yesterday and after going through it, every ramp is cracked on the bottom near the flap. The subway is broken in 2, and the right ramp has 3 huge cracks where the diverter hits. I got the game for a reasonable price, but i'm wondering if it's worth replacing these ramps and if the newer ramps hold up better.
Does anyone have any aftermarket ramps from Pinball Haus on their demolition man? How are they holding up? Is it worth the almost $1000 to replace all these ramps?

Freeplay40 Created ramps somewhat recently:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/52#post-7017469

This is definitely what I would buy if needed, and it sounds like you need them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
There are 3,135 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/61?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.