(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,122 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
022455A9-C713-482A-9C89-103AC9DD30C9 (resized).jpeg
B3E31273-9F7A-4318-8A74-EFC5D5ED0D92 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd be happy to burn you a set of swear ROMs, but it would be cost prohibitive to ship them to Australia. I'm sure someone more local to you can get them. Have you tried any of the Aussie forums?

I would be down for the swear roms if you could get me some.
I could PayPal you some cash.

2 years later
#2128 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Are the profanity Roms worth it?

Makes you snicker every time.. SO ya...

11 months later
#2645 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Thanks!
The backglass is a mirrored version from cpr.

How much of an improvement does it look? Much more polished look I would imagine. Colors better?

#2648 1 year ago

Joined the club!

received_609426850959950 (resized).jpegreceived_609426850959950 (resized).jpegreceived_643685717140476 (resized).jpegreceived_643685717140476 (resized).jpeg
#2651 1 year ago

Is there a place in the states to order the playfield decals for the game?
Are there good apron cards that don't cost $30?

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Too expensive. Unpopular opinion, can be found in Germany for $150 shipped. No license but look great. Wait time is about a month. I have some stuck in Customs New York. I’m Confidential they will arrive.

I was afraid that was the only option.

I have one of the demos that does not have the millions marked on my machine and it kind of bugs me. Just wanted to add it.

20221102_072134 (resized).jpg20221102_072134 (resized).jpg
#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Do you have the recently updated code and Vulgar Roms? Must have. IMO.

Already installed..lol

Looking to get the led OCD board and install leds and Titans, Trigger buttons with LED's already shipped. Tied it into my external subwoofer_Big difference-

2 weeks later
#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

Tbh worn handles and wrinkled backbox decals are on all dms as far as i have seen.
I like the chrome idea and wrapped my handles as chroming pot metal is crazy expensive in canada.
Id do the lit handle thumb buttons if u hadn't done that yet.
Also a small light strip above the claw that ties into the leds for each mode is kinda cool cuz it will flash over the claw making it stand out more.
And also try to light the underground vuk.

I am about to chrome spray paint my handles and then use max2k to seal them. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

paint (resized).JPGpaint (resized).JPG
1 month later
#2705 1 year ago

Got the led button kit for the shooter handles.

When I took the handles apart the trigger return spring broke on both handles.

Don't know if they were just weak from fatigue over the years or I was careless.

Becareful when taking apart.

20221220_094328 (resized).jpg20221220_094328 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221220_094859_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221220_094859_Chrome (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2730 1 year ago

Post the best topper for demo man. Homemade or commercial bought!

#2735 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

here is the demo man mix that I made for a Pinsound setup...Game-Changer! (and not looking for donations, just try it out and lmk what you think https://www.pinsound-community.org/index.php?/files/file/367-demo-man-king-henrys-ost-remix/ AND I HIGHLY SUGGEST UPDATING THE FIRMWARE ON YOUR PINSOUND BOARD..now my LotR plays steller, and even better than before (ring magnet etc isn't wonky). Will be good to update for any machine I would think...

Do you have a video of it in action?

#2738 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Getting ready to swap my DM gi over to leds. Usually I got with comet sunlight white, but this time I was thinking the cooler natural white. Any opinions to those who have swapped?

Are you getting this board?
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards-general-illumination?variant=39990957473894

#2740 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Ive converted about a dozen wpcs and have never tried that board. If the flickering is bad, I usually just disable gi dimming in the adjustments. Do you recommend the ocd board?
I was more curious about which color temp white people have used.

Demolition has a cool dimming feature on the GI when multiball starts, you lose that without the board.

#2742 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Ive converted about a dozen wpcs and have never tried that board. If the flickering is bad, I usually just disable gi dimming in the adjustments. Do you recommend the ocd board?
I was more curious about which color temp white people have used.

#2746 1 year ago
Quoted from PalmettoPinworks:

Get the anti flickering LEDs. No issues at all with mine. No new boards and no dimming changes needed.

I hope you are right. I am about to install the premium non ghosting led kit from cointaker.
I really don't want to spend the 160 for the GI board to make the dimming effect work like it did from the factory if I don't have to.

#2749 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yep..correct. LED's can't naturally dim like a real bulb..it has to step down, digitally (hence the term 'Light Emitting Diode'). The extra cap in a non-ghosting bulb just eliminates the flicker..it can't dim, in and out, unless the hardware before it can 'tell it' to..hence the LEDOCD board. I had two Demo mans, and while LED'd, it couldn't emulate what the incandescents can do in certain modes in this machine.

That's what I was trying to tell these people..lol

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Back to my original question, what are peoples opinions on cool white vs sunlight vs warm white for the GI on this pin?
Because of the blues and blacks, I am leaning towards cool white.

I agree on the cool white. If it was a game like Indiana Jones I would go the other way.

I have only done the back box so far.

received_1861424700888955 (resized).jpegreceived_1861424700888955 (resized).jpeg
#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from trueno92:

woah those are some cool crackling effects on that translite. Is this a repro or that mirrored backglass i have read about in EU?

CPR backglass

1 week later
#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from dementedwarlok:

Well it's here, was not expecting the box.
[quoted image]

Wrong car?

#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I’m approaching 200 games on Demo Man and I cannot believe how under rated this game is. The unique ramps, combo-able shots, the crane, triggers, and sounds are all exactly what I’m looking for out of a 90’s game in my collection. So far my only gripes are the shots might be too forgiving, and the code a little too generous with the EBs.
DM is not the greatest dmd game, but it certainly is a great compliment to in a lineup of lcd games.

Totally agree. Great build quality also. I am shopping mine out right now.
Amazing the quality of these old games compared to new Sterns.

#2772 1 year ago

Plastic piece needed.

While doing my shop out I noticed my machine is missing this plastic. Looking for new or used.
Thanks,

WMS_Demo_Man_Plastic (resized).jpegWMS_Demo_Man_Plastic (resized).jpeg
#2776 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Still looking?

Got one like the one I posted?

2 months later
#2811 1 year ago
Quoted from sidetrackedbrew:

Ok, so I can tie into a GI circuit and put an LED strip back there, but I would still like to wire the flashers in where they were supposed to be… anyone know where that cut wire is supposed to lead?

Ebay has a nice plug and play kit ti light up those boxes. Zero cutting. Comes with a plug that connects directly to the board.
Look up Gantry light mod.

1 month later
#2861 10 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Noice! It is interesting how different this pin can look with various colored rubbers/LEDs. It is almost like painting a canvas. There's a number of artwork colors that can be used as theme colors.
I'm was thinking of going with stadium lighting on this pin... I sort of think it might just reflect all over the chrome wireform and create glare. There's not a lot going on with the sides of the PF anyway.

I just shopped mine out with different colored rubbers and leds. You do comet led kit on Demo man and you would not need pinstadiums. It is bright. I also changed my posts from red to clear which made a big difference.
demo (resized).jpgdemo (resized).jpg

2 months later
#2926 7 months ago

Got my led board kit in today to dim my leds during multiball and demolition time start ups.
High quality kit with good instructions.

received_6298669926926217 (resized).jpegreceived_6298669926926217 (resized).jpeg
#2928 7 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I would like to see a video when installed. I have to say I am curious (and a little confused lol)

If you change out your GI bulbs with led bulbs you lose the dimming effect at the start of multiball and demolition time which sucks when you are used to that dramatic effect.
This board will bring that dimming effect back to your led lights.

#2932 7 months ago

I installed the OCD led board. I forgot how often the gi gets dimmed or turned off during game play.

Game changer having it back again.

If you have leds in your game and not this board you are really missing out.

#2936 7 months ago
Quoted from Jason43:

My machine had this board installed when I bought it. It works well. If you have LEDs and don't have the LED board, you're missing out on a good light show when you complete the multi balls and hit demolition time.

The gi's pulsate during acmag mode also.

1 week later
#2946 6 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I failed to get to it... sigh. I did open the package and noticed the install was a little bit more than I anticipated so it will have to be this weekend. #dadlife lol

It looks worse than it is.

1 month later
#2971 5 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I've added the OCD GI OCD board for the inserts now also. First impressions are extremely good. The insert transitions look so much smoother. I started a Demotion Time mode and it was very impressive, noticeably enhanced and smooth is the best word that comes to mind. Now that I have both OCD boards installed (GI and Inserts) I can record a new video comparing before and after. I am running out of room lol. After this I'm on MOD punishment no more mods!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Video rendering and then uploading now

Love to see it. I only have the GI board installed right now.

2 months later
#3025 3 months ago

Game is almost perfect now.
Just installed colorDMD tonight.

received_1069806210830502 (resized).jpegreceived_1069806210830502 (resized).jpeg
#3027 3 months ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Nice! Color DMD has to be the #1 best mod.

It's weird seeing the animations in color now. A good weird.
Makes the game feel 15 years newer.

2 weeks later
#3031 79 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Hey all... so I have the idea of putting "flame bulbs" where the 5 lights are under the center ramp. The issue is that all of the flame bulbs that I can find do not have a lens/globe. The stock bulbs have a red cap on them and require a globe to install. I suppose I could live without the red caps but I still sort of need the lens/globe to allow the light to project horizontally. It seems like the flame bulbs would direct the light vertically without one.

Any ideas as to a solution? I did find these on Marco, not sure if it fits over a #555 bulb. I cannot seem to find the dome type.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-615-B
[quoted image]

I put orange dome bulbs in and it looks good. The way they rotate in lighting it gives the effect of fire anyway.

1 month later
#3039 46 days ago

Finally completed my shop job and mods.

17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
#3041 46 days ago
Quoted from shepP:

What mods did you do?

Lit speaker panel. Color dmd, mirror blades, complete led install plus the board that let's the leds fade when they are supposed to as the game was designed. Lit flipper buttons, actual glass back glass, polished the stainless steel legs and armor and lock down bar to a chrome like finish. Leds in the back playfield girder plastic. Added a external sub and the speakers were already upgraded. Under cabinet lighting. Swear roms.

2 weeks later
#3048 27 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated. Would this set work?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5555-15580-00
Edit: Never mind, looks like it won't. The set I need is OOS at Marco.

I have this set up in mine and it is awesome.

ebay.com link: itm

#3068 23 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

I thought I might have seen these in the past.. maybe I am dreaming.

Does anyone make:
(1) Blue chrome or a repro/original chrome cryo-claw cover?
(2) Blue ball path selection. The upper part of the Cryo-bracket assembly that tells you what each ball path is (with decals).

I appreciate any info in advance ty!
[quoted image]

Get on the e-mail notification.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9044
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1919-15

#3073 23 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Thanks! Is this pretty much an eternity of wait time . I signed up JIC lol.

Looks great, nice job! I am not familiar with film paper. I will search for some blue. Ty!

Put a saved search for Demolition Man Pinball on Ebay. One might cone up on that eventually also.

#3074 23 days ago
Quoted from Laithan:

Messing around with some lighting mods.

I put red, than orange and red and orange and it gives it a nice fire looking effect.

1 week later
#3098 11 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Have a demo man with weak flippers from the cabinet switches but they’re fine if you use the triggers.
I’ve searched around and found posts from others with the issue but haven’t found a resolution for it.
Anyone experienced this as well that can point me in the right direction?

Yup.
I changed out the flipper boards and it fixed it.

This guy has nice upgraded new boards for Demo man.

Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3101 10 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Nonstop issues with this game which was supposed to bulletproof, ugh. All the sudden now neither of my trigger buttons (not that control the flipper, and my launch button aren’t working. So now there is no way to even launch the ball. All other switches seem fine. Any suggestions?

I had that issue and it was a blown transistor on the board. Fairly common one that has the heat sink on them.
You should also have a blown fuse.

#3103 10 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Strangely seems to be working again after I reseated a few things by the flippers. Hopefully it stays that way.

Maybe a loose connector on that board on the left side of the cabinet that controls all the flippers and start buttons.

#3106 10 days ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I just bought two new boards from pinball life and made sure the optos were being “interrupted” correctly and that fixed my issue. Mine was only the left flipper though. It had an intermittent opto signal so it was fluttering and was super weak.

My left one too, so I just changed both out at the same time.

#3108 7 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

I'm likely going to order two opto boards for the flippers. Before I do, does anyone have a bulb count, at least for the GI? I don't have the game in front of me at the moment, and it's been color bombed. I'd like to redo the GI with Comets.

I think comet has a kit already that uses white where they should be and even a different color white for the slings.
It is a good kit.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/demolition-man-led-kit

I also highly recommend getting the GI lighting board that dim the lights during modes it is supposed to when you had the incandescent bulbs.
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/led-ocd-boards-general-illumination?variant=39990957473894

56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg

#3110 6 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Yeah I usually just order Comets from a Canadian reseller to save conversion, duty etc. Their site doesn't elaborate on their kits either to let you know how much of what bulb type you're getting. I ended up just ordering a couple hundred so I'll have spares. They'll get used.
As for the OCD, I wondered about that as my friend is overhauling a Scared Stiff and he was wondering if he'd need one as I believe that game dims at certain times as well.

Yup.

#3113 5 days ago
Quoted from mad_carl:

Can anyone snap me some pics of the left and right flipper opto connectors?

20240410_204723 (resized).jpg20240410_204723 (resized).jpg20240410_204743 (resized).jpg20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
#3120 3 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

So i've finally been able to get a good 20 games played on my new to me Demolition Man and have some questions for the experts.
The plastic above the upper left flipper broke after the first game, but it seems as if many people have a broken plastic there or have found a way to mount it to the post above the post you are supposed to secure it to. Has anyone found a fix for this besides a plastic protector? I put a washer there, and that washer broke within a few games. Spent $210 on this new plastics set and already snapped one ASAP, so that hurts.
Also I'm getting TONS of airballs. Especially from the right flipper where it flings up in the air and get stuck on top of the car crash plastic or on top of the left flipper. I just rebuilt the flippers and made sure i had the gap tool set when i installed them, but something feels off. The flippers are nice and strong, they are the original 11629 coils in the manual, but they come down the ramps SO fast, it rattles around in the wireforms.
I never got a chance to play a Demoliton man on location before purchase, so not sure how it's supposed to play. The flow is amazing on this game though, the ramps are awesome, but the multiball/left loop shot is really difficult to get in the scoop, you must hit it absolutely perfect.
Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Plays like mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kciaccio.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.