(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,126 posts
  • 432 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by mad_carl
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

62F8DB72-4B4A-494A-931F-093C1D65BB8E (resized).jpeg
12CC94E8-90A3-44B3-A302-B7BB37BE054B (resized).jpeg
AED72B84-2928-4DB2-BE3A-B0796AFEC1CA (resized).jpeg
20240410_204723 (resized).jpg
20240410_204743 (resized).jpg
56ceff4d-5c01-4faf-9720-5f161deb476aphoto (resized).jpeg
2356D138-72FA-46FA-94AD-436C05E2ADA2 (resized).jpeg
7D8EB296-FE7D-4F2E-9238-A589531F162A (resized).jpeg
F3CD35BC-7D5A-439C-8769-A9774DCDA35E (resized).jpeg
29B7FE43-EFF6-4245-88E5-A0D1A3EB6E71 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240405_075425_Chrome (resized).jpg
20240328_124242 (resized).jpg
20240328_124229_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_0541 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0546 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2127 2 years ago

Hello fellow Demolition men and women,

Wondering if anyone can confirm if this machine should have a MOV (metal oxide varistor) anywhere?

I did not see one in the power box, I noted that the line filter is located at the rear of the machine, but did not see anything resembling a MOV... but now I'm wondering if I missed it somewhere?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can confirm. Thank you-

4 weeks later
#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've developed a 'shimmy' I do back and forth as the ball rolls back down which can often get it to the tip of a flipper, but, yeah, it's deadly

As Simon says... "too bad". lol

1 month later
#2191 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

ColorDMD & Profanity ROMS

Yeah. I was pretty happy with the home roms. Not just profanity, quite a few extra little sound clips.

Also Soren patch is good to have on it as well, if you like a more balanced competition etc.

#2200 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Can you guys make the ramps from a hold, especially the right ramp? See like even with a clean shot it doesn't make it. Need momentum coming in. I rebuilt the flippers but not the coils, no change.

Yes, mine is set up so I can make the ramps with good power from a clean shot when held. Definitely easiest actually. Although getting control is the tricky part on this title, so most shots are off the fly.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from pensacolapinball:

Just got a Demolition Man table. Pumped, its my first pin. glad to be a part of the club

Amazing first pin to get. Congratulations and enjoy! Great first pin, since it is one you can learn with, and one that many very experienced players enjoy playing as well.

1 month later
#2261 2 years ago
Quoted from trueno92:

really? is it that much better? my sound roms are all a mess atm as my demolition time is missing some call outs from what some members here have mentioned.
for me, i always thought it was to sound like that.
Make no mistake, with nice handles and chrome legs, a fresh translite and colour dmd/pin2dmd, it makes the title less of a sore thumb in a nice line up!

Yeah, it's at least 2 or 3 extra ROMS on the sound board IIRC, and it adds a lot of callouts.

Not sure I noticed a quality difference with a OE audio set up, but love the additions to car chase for sure... and variety on all sorts of others.

#2280 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

So it sounds like Matt from Matt's Basement Arcade is no longer making the profanity ROMs... Anyone able to burn a set for me? Or know another place to get them? Will gladly pay of course.

Hopefully you can find someone USA based.. if you are just looking for the profanity which is the home roms, they are available from IPDB, and anyone with a universal programmer can take care of it. If applicable, I would suggest finding the home version coupled with the tournament rules adjustments. These are great features which give you options to fix the sequence of the computer awards among other changes to make the game better suited for competitive play.

If you can't find anyone, I'm happy to do it.. but I don't have enough EPROMs on hand,. so you'd need to buy and have them shipped to me, and then I could program them and mail them to you at the cost of shipping... but I'm in BC, Canada.

Alternately, the universal programmers are not very expensive.. and a ~~$70 unit and a UV Eraser (~$20?), should be all you need, assuming you can get the roms, and the cost of the EPRoms, computer with USB etc.

4 weeks later
#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

yeah this machine needs it...just not one of my talents...

Curious to hear it, I've been pretty happy with the stock sound.. adding a sub definitely worked well.

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I just got the 7.0 ROMs and also the profanity sound. Do you need to go into the menus to activate it? I've noticed some call outs but not a lot.
Thanks!

Yes, there should be a vulgar speech option in the menu. If you get an F-bomb on tilts, you are in the right place

My favourite are the additional callouts during the car chase.

1 week later
#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from superjet:

What's your preference for the cryo-claw? I usually go capture Simon first then acmag, then freezelock, though 3 cryo-claws in a game is rare for me...

With the default rules there is a bit of an exploit with competative play which is going for freeze every time. Def the best strategy on default rules.

If playing with Soren rules enforced, then I think as you do, save the freeze for a later multiball.

Other modes are pretty balanced.. Guess it depends how the particular game is shooting.

2 weeks later
#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Anyone familiar with this sound or software? It has some unusual music and DMD art I haven’t seen on any other demolition man. Going to hook it up later this week and live stream to capture the content.
[quoted image]

No.. But I'm curious. I know Borntolose had one with some sounds and art nobody had seen?

There is also a heavily modded custom rom. But that's all I know about.. So curious to see.

#2422 1 year ago

Likely too big.. [edit, says 1.5" diameter, which I think is too big?] but I'd imagine a case of floating eyes that would fit in pinball would be like a case of gold.

2 weeks later
#2448 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I think its fine as-is. What would the playfield protector be protecting in a home-use environment? Every playfield protector i've seen has a done of dirt and coil dust underneath it so owners eventually end up tearing it out anyways.
Use your Novus 2 and magic eraser to cleanup the PF. Use some high quality wax with new balls and call it a day.

Yeah, I like playfield protectors for some situations.. but DemoMan has a really strong factory clear.. I think it should be more than good for home or even on location.. the finish on these is really unmatched even today.

#2450 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

I’m very Happy with my Playfield Protector. Speeds up the Game and the Shine is amazing to look at.

Would be curious to see how it plays.

I have a protector on my pinbot.. definitely a different experience...I could see demo man bring pretty crazy!

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have tried adding the new U6 revision chip to my vulgar setup and my machine just keeps resetting whenever I press a button inside the coin door. If I put my U6 home chip back in I have no problems
Is the chip I’ve received at fault here? Can someone send me a chip they know works in their machine?

If you are going from production to home, there are a whole bunch of extra sound roms to go in as well.. not sure if you have the complete set?

#2461 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I have a complete set of vulgar speech roms I’ve been using for a while. Wanted to update to the Soren code U6 chip only which changes the claw awards in particular but keeps the vulgar speech sounds I already have

Hmm. Yeah that is odd then.
All I can think of is to factory reset and clear memory.
Maybe the rom is faulty?

#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think the rom is faulty - hence asking if anyone can send me one

Oh yeah.. Must have missed that.

Yeah assuming your pinside location, hopefully someone near you can help... Or if you have access to a programmer maybe you could dump the rom for someone to verify?

2 weeks later
#2484 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Demo Man Ramp Update.
I have completed all 6 molds needed to replace all the vacuum formed pieces on Demo Man. Today I successfully formed 5 of the 6 pieces, the only exception being the large right diverter ramp. I will need to form this one on my larger machine which is currently set up to run the Comet Center ramps. I hope to form the Comet ramps tomorrow and then form the last Demo Man ramp next.
Some of the ramps were quit challenging to make molds for due to the elevation changes and the Cryo-Claw was the most difficult.
Once I have all the pieces formed, I will hand finish all pieces to test fit in my friend's game.
I was given pretty decent original pieces to make my molds from, however I found that virtually all of the pieces were cracked and quite fragile. I will make all 6 pieces with plastic thicker than the originals and I do not anticipate any fitment problems.
Will post photos soon. Had someone request a transparent blue for the Cryo-Claw and will be dying some Space Station ramps in the next couple days, so I'll slip one in.
Thanks to all for your patience!....Mark

Exciting update! Thank you for the great products!

#2491 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Question....
I am hand finishing the car tunnel piece today and discovered something. I was given two car tunnels to use for the molds and just discovered a difference in the two. See attached photo. One tunnel piece has 3 cut-outs in the top and one has four (Fourth circled in red). Not uncommon to see variances in ramps, but given the visibility of this piece, I do not want to cut and extra hole if not necessary.[quoted image]

Weird. I can't see any use for that unless it was a prototype where they had something else in mind?

20220531_151619 (resized).jpg20220531_151619 (resized).jpg
#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks... I do not have the actual game here, but are any of the slots in the top of the car tunnel necessary? If not, would sure look cleaner without them.

Quoted from Freeplay40:

Thanks... I do not have the actual game here, but are any of the slots in the top of the car tunnel necessary? If not, would sure look cleaner without them.

Only reason I can see would be to test the optos. There is one opto for each car front, and then a standup target at the end of the tunnel. You could sort of test without the slots in front of the cars from the sides.. Top one might be a little tricky from that angle. .

20220531_165446 (resized).jpg20220531_165446 (resized).jpg20220531_165452 (resized).jpg20220531_165452 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2510 1 year ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Someone needs to make a mirror mod for those top M,T,L roller overs. I can’t see shit. What that stand for anyway….

Hmm.. good idea! It's funny.. when I first acquired my demoman, my son had to do the move and check to see the lamps.. now he's over 6' and seems to see them clearly.. it's not fair. :/

1 week later
#2529 1 year ago
Quoted from Freeplay40:

Demo Man progress update...
Got to visit my friend today to test fit all my pieces in his game. The Center Ramp example I was initially given was quite damaged. Fortunately, he had another example of this ramp and I was able to identify a change I need to make to mine to make it perfect. I will modify this mold today and I suspect to begin production (Forming) of the ramps tomorrow.
I had also posted a question earlier concerning the slots cut into the top of the car tunnel that I thought the ramp would look cleaner without them. Pinsider @Kogi responded that his only thought was they were there to test the Optos for the tunnel. When I went to test fit today, before I could tell my friend about the discussion on the need for the slots, he asked if I could eliminate them. I explained I had posed this question and we could see that the optos can be tested outside of the ramp. He requested that his tunnel be made without the slots. So I will be considering selling this piece both ways.
I also learned today that the plastic set for Demo Man has been produced in the past (My friend has the full set). Dropped a hint to Planetary to see if he might do another run. Maybe...
Another Pinsider had asked if I could do the Cryo-Claw piece in transparent blue. I have actually dyed an unfinished piece blue and as soon as I get it done I will post a photo. My friend commented that the blue complemented the blue in the Cryo-Claw tunnel approach pieces.
All for now....Mark

Freeplay40 Interesting note, that car crash plastic does not appear to have any slots in the flyer:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=662&picno=4614&zoom=1

2 months later
#2617 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hey all, I just got my demo man and love it! I have the new rom from Soren but I’m still a little fuzzy about whether I need more rims or different sound?
This is what I have:
[quoted image]

Idk. Are the orange roms the production roms? I think so?

For the Soren, did you have it for home or production sound? If home, then you need the accompany home sound roms to enable profanity and additional callouts.

1 month later
#2658 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I was afraid that was the only option.
I have one of the demos that does not have the millions marked on my machine and it kind of bugs me. Just wanted to add it.[quoted image]

These slight differences in production are great. It's not like they wore off, the PF shipped like that. To me, this is a feature that makes it more interesting.. and it's not like the labels there are needed.

1 month later
#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Hi all,
I have just joined the club,
what mods do you all recommend for this game?
does anyone have any sling shot plastics available for sale? both of mine are cracked.
cheers
Trevor[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd recommend the latest Soren rom on home rom edition.

2 months later
#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Not sure how this happened
[quoted image]

Rubber is probably a size too large.

3 months later
#2847 11 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

I have my claw disabled for this reason, every tournament I have seen it in also has it disabled for this reason. Also I don’t want to rebuild it if it breaks.

Soren tournament rom fixes this, limits reward collects to one item until demolition time. subsequent collects will only score points.

Totally configurable.. highly recommend this, as the claw is great.

Tournament rom also gives balanced settings for computer rewards etc.

9 months later
#3050 34 days ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

Just picked up a Demolition Man yesterday and after going through it, every ramp is cracked on the bottom near the flap. The subway is broken in 2, and the right ramp has 3 huge cracks where the diverter hits. I got the game for a reasonable price, but i'm wondering if it's worth replacing these ramps and if the newer ramps hold up better.
Does anyone have any aftermarket ramps from Pinball Haus on their demolition man? How are they holding up? Is it worth the almost $1000 to replace all these ramps?

Freeplay40 Created ramps somewhat recently:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only/page/52#post-7017469

This is definitely what I would buy if needed, and it sounds like you need them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 72.95
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 81.95
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only?tu=koji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.