(Topic ID: 31302)

Demolition Man Owners Club.... Members Only!

By Rascal_H

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,042 posts
  • 429 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Peer
  • Topic is favorited by 155 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2590 (resized).jpeg
56792a12-d9e6-4eb5-8120-90cf43539721 (resized).jpeg
17092502734479174720410168802459 (resized).jpg
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
dm3 (resized).jpg
dm2 (resized).jpg
dm (resized).jpg
20240130_123819 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
DemoManLaunchThumb (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunch04 (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunch03 (resized).jpg
DemoManLaunchThread (resized).jpg
PDC04580.JPG

There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.
#1 11 years ago

Demolition Man is probably the favorite in my collection right now. I've had it a little over a year and play it pretty much every day.

DM has great flow, great multiballs, and a freakin' claw! Probably one of the best bang-for-your-buck pins available!

So represent DemoMan owners! Join the club!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Ironically I joined "the club" three days ago.

I'm enjoying it a lot. Great Nordman design, which often means lots of ramps, with great flow. I'm actually forcing myself to play with the handles, which I like, because the handles make it easier to nudge the pin.

My PF is in excellent condition. If I continue to enjoy this as much as I am, I might spruce it up a bit more by having the handles re-plated etc.

I only wish that Sandra Bullock looked as good on the translight as she does in the picture that you posted!

#3 11 years ago

I am in. Great Pin!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironically I joined "the club" three days ago.
I'm enjoying it a lot. Great Nordman design, which often means lots of ramps, with great flow. I'm actually forcing myself to play with the handles, which I like, because the handles make it easier to nudge the pin.
My PF is in excellent condition. If I continue to enjoy this as much as I am, I might spruce it up a bit more by having the handles re-plated etc.
I only wish that Sandra Bullock looked as good on the translight as she does in the picture that you posted!

Wow, you're right. The handles would be easier to nudge. I nearly throw out a back muscle every time it comes back at me from the left or right ramps. Without a well timed nudge there you're sure to drain. I coil just never get used to it... Though I do take advantage of the several thumb button Easter eggs.

I really want to get my handles chromed too. I took advantage of the Black Friday side mirror deal and those will be going in as soon as they come.

My affection for the gameplay has made me appreciate the theme/artwork... For all it's awfulness. I kinda like it now.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

My affection for the gameplay has made me appreciate the theme/artwork... For all it's awfulness. I kinda like it now.

Don't think the artwork (at least on the translite) will ever appeal to me, but I do like the music and sounds.

I hit the Super Jackpot 3 times earlier tonight during Cryo Prison Multiball.

#6 11 years ago

I'm in the Sandra Bullock is mad sexy club, batch is hot!

#7 11 years ago

Chalk-up another member to the club, here. Got mine a couple months ago and have really been enjoying it. Even posted a nutty-high score on Thanksgiving evening. 9 BILLION(!??!) I could scarcely believe it either.

Anyhow, since owning it I've done a few customizations to it, like installing home ROMs, replacing the standard bats with CHROME ones (which go really nicely with all those wireform ramps), and even got Dennis Nordman to sign my translight at the Chicago Pinball Expo last month!!!

I'll include a few pictures at the end of this post, but here's a link to my website with a bunch more pictures and a bit of a write-up about my new pin:

http://www.elephanteater.com/8192

Lookin' forward to meeting some other proud DemoMan owners on here!

Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

DMchromeBats.jpgDMchromeBats.jpg DMsignature.jpgDMsignature.jpg DMww.jpgDMww.jpg

#8 11 years ago

I Miss mine , I had it Soo Rite !! It's Now at Lost Ark Arcade and is lOOk-n Very POOR !!!

I've Owned DM 3- Times and I want it again !! Here's a Vid- w/ Led's and w/ Out Led's ..

#9 11 years ago

DM is my first and currently my only pin. I love it! It is in great shape and is led'd out for the most part. I'm about to order some premium 2's to finish out the inserts. I have a mix of blue and cool white ablaze 4 led for backglass gi. It's almost to bright so I might pull a few out.

// Error: Image 55754 not found // image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 11 years ago

Here's my DM Shop Thread, Full Coverage of the Shop ( Pict's and Video's ) Dm was a Blast to Shop

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-in-leds-b_r-s

#11 11 years ago

DM looks like it would be a challenge to shop. Luckily mine had already been pimped. It is about time for a cleaning though.
Anybody got any cool mods or mod ideas? I want a topper for mine. The laseriffics are cool but I would like something different.

#12 11 years ago

I'm in to. Great pin and nice price, compared to my NIB on the way after christmas.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Anybody got any cool mods or mod ideas?

Hi, myork82! I must admit, I'm not a BIG modder, but I think the switch to chrome bats w/ blue rubbers looks pretty classy. There are more pictures of my machine and the alternate flippers here, if you're interested:

jrio101 says, "Great pin and nice price..."

Agreed, Jrio101! Just curious, what's your NIB gonna be?

Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#14 11 years ago

I'm on my Second DM and love it.
Chrome bling everywhere to include the flippers .
Dont see it leaving my small collection any time soon.

Key on DM for me is strong flippers. I put on the stronger orange wrapper coils from PBL.
These are the same one people put on STTNG.

LEDs really bring it to life.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Key on DM for me is strong flippers. I put on the stronger orange wrapper coils from PBL.
These are the same one people put on STTNG.

I'm struggling with weak flippers on mine even after putting new sleeves in the coils. Can you tell me what the exact part number is? Are other people doing this on their DM?

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Mmmm, I dunno... she's certainly looked a lot hotter than in that pic...

My DM is probably one of the biggest projests I've got, but appears to be complete!

I'm sure there's an upgrade to this game called 'Demo-Man on speed' or something like that, but I can't find it on the net... anyone aware of this and/or done it?? I seem to remember it's got new rules to give the game more depth... along the lines of T2 Chromed (or whatever it's called). Please tell me I wasn't dreaming!!

#17 11 years ago

Love my DM, and it's played every day at my place. Just got my handles back from Mike C. who did a great job replating them. Highly recommended.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm struggling with weak flippers on mine even after putting new sleeves in the coils. Can you tell me what the exact part number is? Are other people doing this on their DM?

FL 17636 10% stronger.

#19 11 years ago

I get my original one back, which has been gone for a year now, on Saturday in a trade deal.

Can't wait. Lesson learned: never, ever sell anything.

#20 11 years ago

replacing the standard bats with CHROME ones

those flippers look rad!!!!!! just ordered my backbox replacement decals from australia. can't wait, my dm will look brand new once installed. here's my baby;

P1010343.jpgP1010343.jpg

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I nearly throw out a back muscle every time it comes back at me from the left or right ramps. Without a well timed nudge there you're sure to drain.

If it comes back from the left ramp, use the upper flipper to save it.

#22 11 years ago

Mmmmm...Sandra.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from darkmiss:

Oh yeah, good point. That does work.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Even posted a nutty-high score on Thanksgiving evening. 9 BILLION(!??!) I could scarcely believe it either.

Wow, that's a great score! My GC is currently in the mid 4 range. Demo time and all multiballs.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi, myork82! I must admit, I'm not a BIG modder, but I think the switch to chrome bats w/ blue rubbers looks pretty classy. There are more pictures of my machine and the alternate flippers here, if you're interested:
jrio101 says, "Great pin and nice price..."
Agreed, Jrio101! Just curious, what's your NIB gonna be?
Best,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

x-men or avengers. Waiting to see some video of avengers.

#25 11 years ago

I'm in!
Just got it a couple months ago as my first DMD.Actually,i bought it because of thread i read here called Best Bang for your buck and DM was getting great reviews!
Light show and music is great!Fast flowing pace,i like it a lot!
Just bought a black rubber set and need to shop it.
I'm affraid i'm not gonna be able to reassemble it the way it was ,even with a lot of pics...
Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere for shopping DM?
Seems to be a b....!
After seeing some pics here from some owners,i want to put some LEDs too!
Post some more DM pics with LEDS !!!

#26 11 years ago

As some kind gentleman (thank you Mr Ayub!) pointed out, I was getting my pharmaceuticals mixed up and meant Demo Man on Steroids, not speed...

http://pinnovating.com/projects_dm.htm

Anyone tried this yet?

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from darkmiss:

That doesn't work. If the ball is close enough to the left that it will hit the upper flipper, it probably isn't going SDTM. The ones that go SDTM can't be hit with the upper flipper as the ball comes back down the left ramp.

#28 11 years ago

I'm also on the DM bandwagon. Definite bang for the buck. This is #4 for me-just keeps calling my name after I sell it. First time with LED's, and I don't think I can part with this one...

DSC01067.JPGDSC01067.JPG

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

This is #4 for me-just keeps calling my name after I sell it.

I have a similar relationship with DM... I'm on number 3 now, and plan to keep this one!

#30 11 years ago

Planning on shopping my DM over after Christmas, also planning on trying out some LEDs in it. I've picked out most of the inserts, but what are you guys putting in the GI, especially in the slings?

#31 11 years ago

I haven't heard much about this in a while either, anyone have info?

#32 11 years ago

Mine has cool white PBL 3 led under the slings. I tried CT cool white frosted in place of the PBL 3 led and I took them right back out. They were not bright enough for my taste. I am however going to try some CT cool white retros. I have CT blue frosted in the lane guides and they look good. I'm going to try retros there also.

#33 11 years ago

DM is like that - multiple times. Most people go through those phases where they get whatever they can, or lower valued machines first, then when crunch time comes, for either money or space, it seems to be a common machine to say “I like it, but I can upgrade”.

Then, when you get to play most of the other machines out there, and stop believing the list hypes, and start valuing machines on what you like, it seem to be a very common pin to buy again – because it’s fun. It’s not deep, it has the worst art package out there, but it’s flat out fun to play.

...and the swear roms are just a hoot!

#34 11 years ago

I went through the same phase and really regret selling my DM over a year ago and right now on the hunt to add one back into the line up for good this time. The sad part was a month after I sold DM, I sold my pool table and could have kept it otherwise as it was more for space at the time and because I had it the longest I made the decision to let it go first. The ironic part in all this is the family I sold my DM to lives 2 minutes from where I work currently and I have kept in touch with them from time to time. Maybe I will make an offer to buy it back and just pick it up on my way home from work one day

I don't let go of my keeper games as easy these days and now I have a better idea of what style of play I enjoy. The hard part now is what to part and recently had to make the decision to let go of my first NIB XM Pro to raise funds for a CV this weekend. Not a big deal as my friend who lives 5 minutes down the street has one that I can play anytime and I am sure it won't be hard to replace down the road either.

#35 11 years ago

Mike, I'm likely going to be dishing my pool table now as well. I said never, and, well, here I am, just like you

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Mike, I'm likely going to be dishing my pool table now as well. I said never, and, well, here I am, just like you

The decision to sell my pool table was the best thing I ever did and took me less than 2 months to fill up all the usable space. Meanwhile I was thinking I would be good for space for the next year so you have been warned. Are you selling it to make room to bring back a Creech?

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from GoVols:

http://pinnovating.com/projects_dm.htm
Anyone tried this yet?

I haven't heard much about this in a while either, anyone have info?

Can you hear the crickets? Anyone?? Has anyone out there given there DM an injection of steriods???

#38 11 years ago

It's nice when your favorite game isn't considered an "A" title - Here's some fresh chrome I got done on mine -

freshchrome2.JPGfreshchrome2.JPG freshchrome1.JPGfreshchrome1.JPG

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

It's nice when your favorite game isn't considered an "A" title - Here's some fresh chrome I got done on mine -

Awesome job! I want to do that. My mirrors should be here soon.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

The decision to sell my pool table was the best thing I ever did and took me less than 2 months to fill up all the usable space. Meanwhile I was thinking I would be good for space for the next year so you have been warned. Are you selling it to make room to bring back a Creech?

CFTBL - the one for sure that will never re-enter my pinatorium (but given all the never’s i have said, I shouldn't even say that).

IF I do dish the pool table, the space will be instantly filled with machines from my utility room. Then, I have space to fill back up in there. More crack please.

Unfortunately, I am nix'd from the DM club though my deal fell through due to bad timing with the other guy. No problem though, I have already foreseen its return at some point, just not as soon as I had hoped.

#41 11 years ago

Picking mine up tomorrow. Was very pumped before, ad I'm even more so after reading the thread. Fell for the game playing it at the Lost Ark. Have a TZ at home now and the DM will be the perfect complement game.

#42 11 years ago

Still loving my DM more than a week later. Yes, it's still early and I'm in the honeymoon phase, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it still. This one may be here for a bit.

#43 11 years ago

A friend has a Demolition Man on his route. We just pulled it in for service a few days ago. I installed an Ardac "USA3" bill acceptor on it around a year ago. I made the wiring harness adapter to use this in the Demolition Man so it would plug into the existing Mars bill acceptor connector already in the machine.

DSCF1655.JPGDSCF1655.JPG

#44 11 years ago

Chalk-up another member to the club, here. Got mine a couple months ago and have really been enjoying it. Even posted a nutty-high score on Thanksgiving evening. 9 BILLION(!??!) I could scarcely believe it either.

I was coming after you, but fell a bit short.

DM_Pinball_score.JPGDM_Pinball_score.JPG

#46 11 years ago

Finally a club I can get into Love my demoman, great multiball and flow!

Video of my Dm

I want to chrome the handles, siderails and, legs.

Pinballrus I love the chrome trim on the coindoor, gonna have to do that too.

#47 11 years ago

Looks pretty sweet nutshell. Makes me want to experiment with led again.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I was coming after you, but fell a bit short.

Oh man, ROB! That's an admirable score!!! I love this friendly scoring competition on pinside. PLEASE, PM me and rub it in my face when you do unseat me.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballrus:

Here's some fresh chrome I got done on mine

Man, that chromed-out DM is lookin' swEET!!! Here's hoping you've installed some CHROME FLIPPERS too!!! (See 7th post from the top.)

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

1 week later
#50 11 years ago

DM-Pinball-Score2.jpgDM-Pinball-Score2.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 3,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 61.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/demolition-man-owners-club-members-only and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.