(Topic ID: 261854)

Any other Survivor fans out there?

By gweempose

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 755 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.
    #301 2 years ago

I hate all the stupid puzzles. Get rid of that shit already or at least cut em down...a lot!

#302 2 years ago

As some else has said, too many idols and powers in play (steal a vote, double vote, roll the dice etc)

I think the idol where three people from different tribes have to say a phrase at a challenge is cool, but not having a vote until that happens is too much. I would have preferred a set number like no voting at the next 3 tribals or something similar.

At this rate, it's so damaging that the show literally has to 'hide' the clue at the fire pit. That is ridiculous and takes away from truly "finding" an idol. Idols are very watered down this season. It's like Oprah giving out cars.

The Prisoners dilemma was cool the first time, but very boring if they have it every episode.

I hope it gets back to surviving and more social game soon. I say all this as a huge Survivor fan too.

#303 2 years ago

I started a charity arcade with Rupert Boneham, who was on Survivor.

So yeah, I’m a fan.

Http://Facebook.com/rupertskidsarcade

#304 2 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

I started a charity arcade with Rupert Boneham, who was on Survivor.
    So yeah, I’m a fan.
    Http://Facebook.com/rupertskidsarcade

Probably my favorite cast member ever. I'm jealous.

#305 2 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I think the idol where three people from different tribes have to say a phrase at a challenge is cool

I like that a lot. It's fun to see how they try to keep saying it, and I want the 3rd idol to take a few more challenges to feel the cringe every time the first 2 have to keep saying their nonsense.

#306 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Read that Sandra is going to be on the next Australian Season.

Sandra kind of sucks. Despite her likely never to be repeated feat of a 2-time winner, I think that was more good fortune and luck, and certainly being in the final with Russel that second time.

And then she quit the last season, there was no fire in the belly to endure anything. Survivor shouldn't be about having luxury accommodations.

#307 2 years ago

Hard to argue with that logic but she really had next to zero chance of making off that island and I think she knew it.
    I wonder who she’ll bring for her blood partner.

#308 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hard to argue with that logic but she really had next to zero chance of making off that island and I think she knew it.
    I wonder who she’ll bring for her blood partner.

I think Sandra has very little chance of winning since Australian survivor tends to vote for winners who have a little more physical prowess.

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I like that a lot. It's fun to see how they try to keep saying it, and I want the 3rd idol to take a few more challenges to feel the cringe every time the first 2 have to keep saying their nonsense.

The guy voted out was one of the 2 though. I'm assuming they hide the clue again for a new person to find?

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Probably my favorite cast member ever. I'm jealous.

He’s a great guy. We opened the arcade to give kids in the community a place to have fun primarily, think we currently have eight pins, tons of linked racers, 8 player Smash Bros, Classic vids (Centipede is Rupert’s favorite) and more. All games including pins are on free play, $5 for an hour or $10 for the day. So fun seeing folks of all ages in there - we had a party for a 91 year old woman last month and she had a blast!

#311 2 years ago

This is my first time watching a Survivor season live as it happens. I'm normally a Big Brother viewer. But so far, I'm enjoying this one. What's the consensus among other Survivor fans, is this season off to a good start?

#312 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

This is my first time watching a Survivor season live as it happens. I'm normally a Big Brother viewer. But so far, I'm enjoying this one. What's the consensus among other Survivor fans, is this season off to a good start?

No.

#313 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

No. But the bright side is if you enjoy this one, you will really like the other seasons.

#314 2 years ago

What are your favorites?

Season 28 brains v brawn v beauty
    Season 19 Samoa
    Season 33 Millennials v GenX

Lots of good seasons out there
    Australia Survivor is way better

#315 2 years ago

Lol

On the flip side, in many seasons my wife and I don’t like the cast or certain people and then as the season goes on they tend to grow on you. Not sure that’s going to happen this season but there is a long way to go.

#316 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What are your favorites?
    Season 28 brains v brawn v beauty
    Season 19 Samoa
    Season 33 Millennials v GenX
    Lots of good seasons out there
    Australia Survivor is way better

Season 20 Heroes vs Villains

I thought it was a pretty good All Star season and the fact that no one knew Russell was great!

Not to mention I got to test a lot of the puzzles.

285 (resized).jpg285 (resized).jpg

#317 2 years ago

Very cool

#318 2 years ago

Season 20 Heroes vs Villains
    I thought it was a pretty good All Star season and the fact that no one knew Russell was great!
    Not to mention I got to test a lot of the puzzles.
    [quoted image]

Great pic.

So you were part of the faceless group that they film demonstrating the challenges before the contestants begin? That's very cool.

I generally warm up to each season as it progresses. It's still early, but so far this season sucks. The success is usually dependent on the interaction and conflict between the different personalities.

I think Jeff Probst is part of the problem now. It was better when he had a more subtle presence. He's too vocal. The show isn't about him.

His proclamation to stop using the word "guys" was his ego saying that he and the show are way more important than they really are.

He could've just stopped saying it if he thought it was improper.

#319 2 years ago

I was part of the show they call 'the dream team'

Basically what we did was test all the challenges first to see how the real contestants would react and try to flush out any flaws. The team is also useful to help the camera crew figure out how they are going to film it.

Jeff would be at these to help him practice what he is going to say at each challenge. Basically it is a 'practice' before they shoot the real thing. Since there are normally no second takes when the contestants are actually competing, its best to make sure everything will be caught on camera.

In the pic I posted, I recommended another platform be added to the puzzle table as I was throwing pieces on the ground in order to sort them. So if you watch the episode, you will see the additional platform.

#320 2 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I watch every season with my kids and we like this season just fine. They are really turning up the idols and gimmicks, but that is the nature of Survivor.

#321 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

They are really turning up the idols and gimmicks, but that is the nature of Survivor.

I agree with you on this. They are manipulating the game too much.

They placed the "Beware Advantage" into very public camp locations at their own discretion, involving themselves into the game

They manipulated any randomness to who could find it by choosing the time and location they wanted it to suddenly appear in camp.

#322 2 years ago

This season is boring as hell, the casting is very weak so they keep manipulating the game with idols and stuff like that.
    I'll keep watching in case someone suddenly wakes up but as Probst always said, the casting is the main ingredient of a good season

#323 2 years ago

I was part of the show they call 'the dream team'

That's awesome! How did you get hooked up with the show?

#324 2 years ago

This show is good when they get down to the final 8 or so. This season is too confusing with all the new idols.

#325 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

This season is boring as hell, the casting is very weak so they keep manipulating the game with idols and stuff like that.
    I'll keep watching in case someone suddenly wakes up but as Probst always said, the casting is the main ingredient of a good season

Agreed. But I stopped watching after the first episode. It's on in the background as my wife surfs Facebook and I surf Pinside. That's how captivating this season has been.

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

That's awesome! How did you get hooked up with the show?

They mostly choose young strong kids out of college which was not me.

I made a donation to Jeff's favorite charity.

3 weeks later
    #327 2 years ago

PM me if anyone wants a decent copy of Australian Season 5 or 7.

#328 2 years ago

I’ve seen every season - some more than once when the outdoor channel was Re running them.

Hands down the worst season I’ve seen. Probst is playing woke … sob stories like I haven’t seen before… I’m rooting for contestants to leave just in hope the show gets on track.

Reminds me of how American idol and the voice are being produced… really disappointing.

Off to the Australia seasons

#329 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I’ve seen every season - some more than once when the outdoor channel was Re running them.
    Hands down the worst season I’ve seen. Probst is playing woke … sob stories like I haven’t seen before… I’m rooting for contestants to leave just in hope the show gets on track.
    Reminds me of how American idol and the voice are being produced… really disappointing.
    Off to the Australia seasons

Totally agree. I am coming to the conclusion that the show sucks now and Probst deserves a lot of the blame.

I think the show is on its way out. The cast is not helping. They're mostly douche heads that I can't get behind.

And Probst is like the douche leader. He needs to be less front and center, and shut up a bit with his commentary and influence.

I can't stand watching any of those singing shows however. Never could. Those have sucked from day 1.

#330 2 years ago

Agreed it’s a douche fest - the cast is the worst and it has nothing to do with skin color or sexual preference or identity - people with different backgrounds have been in the show for years… it just never needed to be promoted and marketed. It’s was more “real”

Singing shows suck I’ll fall on the sword and say I’ve seen them at the beginning - bad then but catch my wife putting one on at prime time and it’s unbearable today. 80% of those shows are commercials and background sob stories with MAYBE 10% singing.

Survivor looks to be taking that course. I just want to watch the fucking game.

Quoted from RTS:

Totally agree. I am coming to the conclusion that the show sucks now and Probst deserves a lot of the blame.
    I think the show is on its way out. The cast is not helping. They're mostly douche heads that I can't get behind. And Probst is like the douche leader.
    I can't stand watching any of those singing shows however. Never could. Those have sucked from day 1.

#331 2 years ago

Australian
    Every season gets better and better.

4 weeks later
    #332 2 years ago

Agreed with all of you, worst season ever, the last tribal council with the woke drama and cries was the worst ever, it's all Probst driven and it sucks

#333 2 years ago

All the woke drama and what seemed to be 40 mins of council. Rough really. Then at the end none if it mattered it seemed - these people are voting to win 1 million and that’s it. Get back to the fact that it’s a game.. or was I thought.

Quoted from adol75:

Agreed with all of you, worst season ever, the last tribal council with the woke drama and cries was the worst ever, it's all Probst driven and it sucks

#334 2 years ago

Still my favorite show, getting harder to watch tho, but even harder to admit to someone I watch. I miss the old days of survivor,,,

#335 2 years ago

I fast forward anytime Jeff is talking and most of tribal council. I still enjoy the challenges and game play but not many people are actually playing the game. Shan seemed to be the only one. Terrible casting. Not many likeable characters. I guess go Zander? Maybe Danny.

Hopefully season 42 is better.

#336 2 years ago

Naseer was actually my favorite- Danny for the win for me

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I fast forward anytime Jeff is talking and most of tribal council. I still enjoy the challenges and game play but not many people are actually playing the game. Shan seemed to be the only one. Terrible casting. Not many likeable characters. I guess go Zander? Maybe Danny.
    Hopefully season 42 is better.

#337 2 years ago

I'm okay with this season. It's good to have the show back on. No one is really making any big moves, and when they do, it's usually just to say that they made a big move. All the votes have been very predictable.

My favorite season was 35 with Ben Driebergen. They tried to vote him out every single episode and he kept coming back. He didn't sleep until he found an idol every time and kept surviving.

#338 2 years ago

I have watched every season of Survivor and this season 41 is the worse. Recently discovered Australian survivor which has been touted by others in prior posts and it's 100X better than this season of American survivor. Watched seasons 4 and 5 which were great and now on season 6.

#339 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flipsteen:

I have watched every season of Survivor and this season 41 is the worse. Recently discovered Australian survivor which has been touted by others in prior posts and it's 100X better than this season of American survivor. Watched seasons 4 and 5 which were great and now on season 6.

Trying to find the Australian shows, but only found 1 on utube and watched every episode. Where are you finding these ? Thx

#340 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

All the woke drama and what seemed to be 40 mins of council. Rough really. Then at the end none if it mattered it seemed - these people are voting to win 1 million and that’s it. Get back to the fact that it’s a game.. or was I thought.

Yeah exactly. It was oh I wanted to play with the blacks but I want to win a million so let's get rid of my fellow blacks, sorry.

#341 2 years ago

Probst pre-vote chatter is not neutral. He has a specific agenda and is interfering too much.

He is so proud of himself thinking Survivor is more important than it really is.

It's still just a dumb reality show, but it has transformed into a soap box for Probst.

The perfect host should be neutral and unnoticed. He needs to go.

#342 2 years ago

CBS and Jeff have wrecked survivor, watch Australian survivor on paramount plus. Australian survivor is everything survivor should be.

#343 2 years ago

Not a fan, but watching it with my father who passed away a couple years ago at 96 was amazed during a season on some island in the South Pacific, my dad never talked much about the war but went on and on about how nice and lush everything was with palm trees, etc. I said ‘what are you talking about dad? He said his battleship shelled that island with 16’ guns for four straight days until it was a pile of smoking toothpicks.

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Trying to find the Australian shows, but only found 1 on utube and watched every episode. Where are you finding these ? Thx

They're on CBS Paramount subscription service. I trialed and the Australian Surviviors were so good I subscribed.

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ron9734:

CBS and Jeff has wrecked survivor, watch Australian survivor on paramount plus. Australian survivor is everything survivor should be.

My wife and I huge suvivor fans but definitely not this season - we love Australian Survivor. Quality of contestants is night and day.

#346 2 years ago

This season has been so rough I only know like 2 contestants names

#347 2 years ago

The Australian Survivor is great. Starts alittle slow but each season gets better and Jonathan really steps up as a host too.
    The challenges are so much more brutal along with longer not shorter seasons. Really felt like you got to know the characters. Loved that this last season aired three episodes a week too.

Want to talk more about it but will refrain for the ppl that haven’t seen it yet.

#348 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Yeah exactly. It was oh I wanted to play with the blacks but I want to win a million so let's get rid of my fellow blacks, sorry.

that, and now you cant even say "come on in guys" because that could alienate someone that doesnt identify as male... wtf??

#349 2 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

that, and now you cant even say "come on in guys" because that could alienate someone that doesnt identify as male... wtf??

I was thinking about that the other day… as a society we’re just getting gentler and gentler as a whole. My generation is softer than my fathers and we are both softer than my grandfathers.

#350 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Trying to find the Australian shows, but only found 1 on utube and watched every episode. Where are you finding these?

Quoted from Flipsteen:

They're on CBS Paramount subscription service.

Paramount+ only has the three most recent seasons of Australian Survivor. I'd highly recommend starting from the first season of the 2016 reboot. It's confusing, because it's technically Season 3, but it is often referred to as Season 1. That's how Paramount+ appears to be listing them, since they show the most recent seasons as 4-6. You definitely want to watch the seasons in order because one of the players from Season 5 returns for Season 6, and then Season 7 is an "All Stars" season with all returning players.

Here's a full list of all the Australian Survivor episodes that have aired thus far:

https://epguides.com/AustralianSurvivor/

There are 755 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 16.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/7?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.