(Topic ID: 261854)

Any other Survivor fans out there?

By gweempose

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

I hate hidden immunity idols.

#7 4 years ago

I miss the auctions and the eat gross food challenges.

#22 4 years ago

I miss the old survivor where the players weren't given comforts and food all the time. They were given one thing of rice and they had to fend for themselves other than that. They were cold and miserable at night. Teams kept around strong players to help them win team competitions early in the game instead of getting rid of the strongest players as soon as possible. There's too many merges, too many immunity idols and gimmicks, and every competition seems to come with a feast.

I still watch it. I've only missed one season. I haven't really enjoyed it for the last few years though.

5 months later
    #179 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Dan is my favorite player of all time.

Agree on Paul, but I don't like Dan much either. He thinks he's a lot better than he is.

I like BB better than Survivor, but they've really censored the live feeds the last few years. I didn't watch them, but I'd check out the highlights/lowlights once in a while.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve never watched BB and only watched a few seasons of AR (didn’t like it near as much as Survivor).
    Is BB worth watching from early on or better to jump in later seasons? I don’t want to watch a season and find out it should have been skipped.

Skip season 1. It was terrible and all the rules changed after it. Viewers called in and voted on the winner, so it was just a popularity contest.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. No reason at all to watch season 1. The second season, however, features some legendary houseguests and should absolutely be seen.

Seems like ages since there was a good season. My favorite cast was probably season 6, but a lot of seasons seem to have 2 or 3 people that carry the show. When they are voted out early, the season is ruined. Recent seasons I seem to remember more for who I hated than who I liked.

I liked Cody and Jessica, Mr Pectacular, Janelle, Howie, Kaysar. Boogie and Will were great in season 2, but they seemed to be playing overacted characters of themselves in their other seasons.

1 year later
    #280 2 years ago

It's nice to have Survivor back. Survivor and Big Brother are the only reality shows I watch. I've seen all seasons of BB and all but one of Survivor. I think both shows peaked as far as casting and gameplay somewhere around seasons 6-10. It seems promising that Survivor is attempting to go back to its roots a bit with less free food and comforts. The players will have to earn what little they can and suffer if they fail. That was the whole point of Survivor in the beginning.

The forced diverse casting is a bit much. I didn't really notice it as much last night as I did on Big Brother. I think it completely failed on Big Brother, but I don't see that happening on Survivor. On both shows, I root for the competition beasts or the best strategic players. It doesn't matter their gender or race. It's still early, but other than the football player and a couple of the other guys, I wasn't too impressed. I don't want to see a 90 pound man struggle to move something heavy. I want to see the big hulking guys/gals easily moving twice the weight. The puzzle solvers on the winning team did great, so maybe they will continue to stand out.

The LGBT cast members have gotten a bit over represented. They're something like 5% of the population, but now 20-25% of the cast some seasons. I don't care about the sexual preferences somebody has, but I think the players should be a realistic sample of the general population.

The cast seems exceptionally old this time around too. 5 players are at least 46. Maybe that plays into the shorter season.

No real favorites other than the football player so far. I like Jairus and Xander. Both were funny and Xander especially had a take on all challenges attitude. I don't see either being around long.

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I'm glad survivor is back. It did feel very different but I'll hold my judgement until a few episodes in. Noone is standing out to me either, but it's early. Definitely not rooting for the drama queen who takes offense to come on in guys. Seemed like they just wanted attention

Yah that whole thing seemed staged. He'd be my first vote out, but I wasn't liking him before that.

2 weeks later
    #296 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

There’s too much outside influences on the game this season…. Secret idol this, secret advantage that and I don’t really like any of the contestants too much.

I agree that I don't like any of the advantages and such, but at least they are all mixed up this time. Nobody knows what is out there or who is getting advantages. Better than everybody just knowing there's hidden immunity idols and that's it.

I like seeing the lack of food and the taking away of supplies.

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

I think this is the worst cast of every season. Can’t wait for some of them to go. Sob stories gave to go just awful. Play the damn game.

I haven't paid enough attention. I like the football player. I dislike a lot of them. Pretty indifferent on the rest so far. The guy voted out last night seemed alright.

#299 2 years ago

I can't remember the last season I really enjoyed. It would have to be before every challenge ended in a puzzle. I like the physical and endurance challenges. Challenges where the winner is the one that stands on a pole for 12 hours because they want it most.

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I like that a lot. It's fun to see how they try to keep saying it, and I want the 3rd idol to take a few more challenges to feel the cringe every time the first 2 have to keep saying their nonsense.

The guy voted out was one of the 2 though. I'm assuming they hide the clue again for a new person to find?

1 month later
    #346 2 years ago

This season has been so rough I only know like 2 contestants names

#359 2 years ago

They need to bring back the survivor auction and the eat gross foods challenge. Way more entertaining than who can solve the 50th puzzle of the season the fastest.

1 week later
    #401 2 years ago

It's not survivor if at least one contestant isn't being medically removed or taps out voluntarily because they can't take it any more. Conditions are watered-down, challenges are watered-down, and the contestants themselves are mentally, physically, and emotionally inferior to earlier casts.

1 month later
    #423 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

hey Jonny, welcome to Pinside. I'd love to know what brought you here. I had a cynical thought that you Google for Survivor threads to promote your youtube videos on. I'd like to think you're here for the pinball.

He's been mentioned here a few times in this thread with people playing pinball with him.

1 month later
    #477 2 years ago

5 minutes in and I'm already tired of Probst. I think it's time for a new host.

#479 2 years ago

This season should have been called “survivor 42- always picked last in gym”

#483 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

You guys are being harsh. Can we all agree it's better than last season at least? At least the show didn't start with a conversation about come on in guys. They're not forcing the diversity down our throats, instead *gasp* they're presenting everyone as just normal people

60 minutes of a test of the emergency broadcast system would be better than last season. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't watch the last 30 minutes of it. There was a time when they cast a few people every season that could actually "survive" stranded on an island for a few days. I just don't enjoy watching physical challenges with people that struggle to swim, climb, carry heavy objects, etc.

2 weeks later
    #492 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haven't finished the current episode but Johnathan had the best competition challenge episode ever! Dude killed it. I know he's the only strong one out there but Wow!! Only person I relate/hope to win out there.

This is what I want to see on survivor. A whole cast of people like him, with a mix of personalities to go along with the physical skills.

4 weeks later
    #495 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well if anyone was still watching, last nights episode might of have put the nail in the coffin.
    That was really bad; total racial cringe.

That Tribal was rough. I’ve been meaning to post that Jonathan has single handedly made this an enjoyable season for me. Had he been voted off early, it would have been a disastrous season. So I take back my initial view of this season, at least until that tribal last night.

4 months later
    #540 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bellystyle:

He does own a few pins and really wants a Whitewater, badly. Next time he's over to play some pinball, I'll get a picture with him.

How bad does he want one? Send him over to KC to buy mine.

5 months later
    #645 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Watched last night, survivor is just not what it used to be. So disappointing, we have not missed an episode, cant say if that will continue

I miss the eye candy. And challenges that didn't end in puzzles.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.