(Topic ID: 261854)

Any other Survivor fans out there?

By gweempose

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 741 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
    #451 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Where are you watching the current season of SurvivorAU?
    I’m currently watching Brawn vs Brains.

I’m watching on Plex, which is a p2p site. If I didn’t have Plex I would use a VPN to change my IP to an Australian one and watch it for free on 10Play.com. VPN is legal and is a good practice to make your data harder to harvest for online activity. Some are free, but the one I like is called Nord VPN. It gives you up to 12 devices for a pretty low yearly fee.

Speaking of awful survivor players…how about Brandon or J’Tia?

#452 2 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

She was a total bitch. If I recall correctly, her and another girl ended up quitting really late in the game.

yeah, when I looked her up, the story goes they had to change the rules of Survivor, because the 2 girls quit AND got to sit on the jury for the rest of the game. So they won't allow that again.

#453 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

He's a big pinball fan. I would see his posts out playing at the local barcade in NC. But I'll let him respond to see if you'll deem him worthy

Jonny just recently got his first pin and lives near me. He frequently plays the games I have on location at the local brewery. I’ve helped him install some mods and show him how to work on his game- he genuinely loves pinball. I think he’s doing some pinball streams too

#454 2 years ago

AU is real refreshing after that last US crap
    Season. No need for Sandra but in to episode 1 leaps and bounds better. Host does a great job.

#455 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

AU is real refreshing after that last US crap
    Season. No need for Sandra but in to episode 1 leaps and bounds better. Host does a great job.

I wish US would take some hints from AU it’s almost like a completely different show.

Way too woke and watered down now. I’m not sure if their ratings have plummeted to reflect that but lately I was the only person I knew watching US Survivor it used to be a big talk about show. Now I didn’t even finish the last season.

I think it needs a reboot without any crybabies.

#456 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I wish US would take some hints from AU it’s almost like a completely different show.
    Way too woke and watered down now. I’m not sure if their ratings have plummeted to reflect that but lately I was the only person I knew watching US Survivor it used to be a big talk about show. Now I didn’t even finish the last season.
    I think it needs a reboot without any crybabies.

its like trying to watch the olympics the past few times.All about whos Mother died and less about athletic events.

#457 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

its like trying to watch the olympics the past few times.All about whos Mother died and less about athletic events.

Also the AU people can joke around or even insult another contestant without it becoming an incident.

I do agree that (at times) there was sexual misconduct real or preceded and homophobia on Survivor and that’s not cool it wasn’t cool 20 years ago and still not. But nowadays it’s like you can’t even say come on in ‘guys’ without someone getting offended.

#458 2 years ago

Another great week of Australian Survivor.
    I’m surprised more ppl aren’t getting hurt, these challenges have been pretty brutal.

#459 2 years ago

What season is Australian Survivor currently on?

#460 2 years ago

Season 9 episode 6 was last episode to air

#461 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

hey Jonny, welcome to Pinside. I'd love to know what brought you here.

His grandma died and left him a big room with pinball machines

#462 2 years ago

I’ve been watching Survivor AU on Paramount plus. Brains vs Brawn but turned on and now no AU survivor on Paramount plus.

Anyone have any idea? They used to have South African and NZ Survivor boy nothing showing except US.

#463 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve been watching Survivor AU on Paramount plus. Brains vs Brawn but turned on and now no AU survivor on Paramount plus.
    Anyone have any idea? They used to have South African and NZ Survivor boy nothing showing except US.

I came here to ask if it was still on there and I guess that answers my question. If you search Australian survivor Paramount plus the link is dead

#464 2 years ago

After how shitty the last season was, and Probst in particular, I'm gonna check out Australia season 3, and proceed from there. .

#465 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

I came here to ask if it was still on there and I guess that answers my question. If you search Australian survivor Paramount plus the link is dead

If anyone has a dropbox or something similar, I can just upload the episodes to it. DM me if anyone is interested.

#468 2 years ago

Nice link dude!

Btw season 9 has been a banger of season so far. This is everything I’ve wanted to see in survivor, given to me three nights a week!

#470 2 years ago

Thanks a million, I was on episode 13 of Brawn vs Brain.

Here is what I found about Paramount + pulling the series

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2022/02/paramount-plus-international-survivor-seasons/

Let's hope it's only temporary because I love the HD streaming content.

#471 2 years ago

Only reason I subscribed to paramount+ is to watch Australian survivor. Guess I’m cancelling that shit.

#473 2 years ago

Just streamed fine for me…
    I used Nord

3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    1 week later
    #474 2 years ago

I just binge watched AU Brains vs Brawn. While overall good to me it dragged on a bit long near the end but maybe because I got tired of the last few contestants. I prefer some of the prior seasons more die to who was left at the end of BvB.

#475 2 years ago

ive been having issues with dailymotion, is anyone else?

i dont have a vpn, is there other streaming services that dont require vpn

#476 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

ive been having issues with dailymotion, is anyone else?
    i dont have a vpn, is there other streaming services that dont require vpn

look at post 466

1 week later
    #477 2 years ago

5 minutes in and I'm already tired of Probst. I think it's time for a new host.

#478 2 years ago

Worst person in the show this season is probst. Bring in the host for Australia that would be Amazing

#479 2 years ago

This season should have been called “survivor 42- always picked last in gym”

#480 2 years ago

You guys are being harsh. Can we all agree it's better than last season at least? At least the show didn't start with a conversation about come on in guys. They're not forcing the diversity down our throats, instead *gasp* they're presenting everyone as just normal people

#481 2 years ago

Mostly - except they seemed to use the trans gentleman to create a narrative by letting him come on for 1 day and then telling him to leave. And I liked him wanted to see him play.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

You guys are being harsh. Can we all agree it's better than last season at least? At least the show didn't start with a conversation about come on in guys. They're not forcing the diversity down our throats, instead *gasp* they're presenting everyone as just normal people

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

This season should have been called “survivor 42- always picked last in gym”

I like it! Definitely better than last season to start! I’d rather see strong fun personalities than just strong people. Zach seemed like Ryan Ulrich and Adam Klein combined into one person just not with the success lol

#483 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

60 minutes of a test of the emergency broadcast system would be better than last season. It wasn't terrible, but I didn't watch the last 30 minutes of it. There was a time when they cast a few people every season that could actually "survive" stranded on an island for a few days. I just don't enjoy watching physical challenges with people that struggle to swim, climb, carry heavy objects, etc.

#484 2 years ago

I thought the first episode was good so far. Probst was less douchy and even self deprecating when the contestant was gushing about him at the original gathering. More promising than last season.

There's plenty of people to hate which has potential for a good season. I already hate the blonde who looked for an idol.

The strong white guy with braids is cool but he'll get voted out. Asian chick who played it safe on the hike up the mtn seems cool too.

#485 2 years ago

I just finished the 2 hour premiere for season 42.

Thoughts:

This cast is way more interesting than the last cast.

I'm sort of intrigued at the idea of "re-running" much of season 41, with tweaks. I know this was done mostly for covid reasons, but they've turned it into an interesting experiment.

It was interesting that the walk up the mountain didn't turn into the same alliance building that happened the last season. Plus with 3, instead of 2, it made them bonding more difficult. I liked that slight twist.

I liked Jackson, and was sorry to see him have to leave for medical reasons. But weening yourself off powerful pharmaceuticals while you're starving and in an extreme situation is not good. A bummer it happened.

Happy to see a shot in the dark played. It really is a hail mary. It was played correctly tonight but no luck.

I'm happy Survivor is back.

1 week later
    #486 2 years ago

Thoughts on EP 2? Agenda and sob stories continue.

#487 2 years ago

I like 42 better than 41 at least

#488 2 years ago

100% agree and I like the cast

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I like 42 better than 41 at least

#489 2 years ago

Cast is way better… the 25 days still bothers me.
    Australia is good, last episode was a pretty big twist to the game.

#490 2 years ago

Australia is great in comparison IMO

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Cast is way better… the 25 days still bothers me.
    Australia is good, last episode was a pretty big twist to the game.

1 week later
    #491 2 years ago

Haven't finished the current episode but Johnathan had the best competition challenge episode ever! Dude killed it. I know he's the only strong one out there but Wow!! Only person I relate/hope to win out there.

#492 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Haven't finished the current episode but Johnathan had the best competition challenge episode ever! Dude killed it. I know he's the only strong one out there but Wow!! Only person I relate/hope to win out there.

This is what I want to see on survivor. A whole cast of people like him, with a mix of personalities to go along with the physical skills.

#493 2 years ago

Johnathan is the strongest physical competitor I can remember since James.

I can remember James totally owning the challenges in ways they hadn't anticipated.

4 weeks later
    #494 1 year ago

Well if anyone was still watching, last nights episode might of have put the nail in the coffin.
    That was really bad; total racial cringe.

#495 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well if anyone was still watching, last nights episode might of have put the nail in the coffin.
    That was really bad; total racial cringe.

That Tribal was rough. I’ve been meaning to post that Jonathan has single handedly made this an enjoyable season for me. Had he been voted off early, it would have been a disastrous season. So I take back my initial view of this season, at least until that tribal last night.

#496 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

That Tribal was rough. I’ve been meaning to post that Jonathan has single handedly made this an enjoyable season for me. Had he been voted off early, it would have been a disastrous season. So I take back my initial view of this season, at least until that tribal last night.

100% agreed.
    I said since the beginning to get rid of Maryanne...my god.

#497 1 year ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Agree, that dude is not only carrying his tribe in ever challenge, he’s also carrying season.

#498 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

total racial cringe.

Yep.

It was interesting that the two contestants who felt race was at play were clueless to not think having an idol could be a more relevant factor than their skin color.

Mission accomplished in flushing out both idols in a single tribal, AND getting rid of that annoying blonde chick.

And Rocksroy had a terrible social game, unable to relate to the millennial players. Maryann is someone you'd want to bring to the end. She's a pawn.

#499 1 year ago

Maryann is my personality kryptonite. I'd walk deadpan straight into the ocean after just a few hours on the island with her.

#500 1 year ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Maryann is someone you'd want to bring to the end

I don;t think I could stand her that long

There are 741 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.