Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#218 3 years ago

All seasons are available as NZB - I use NZBGeek. There is a small up front cost to get started with NZB but I transferred to it years ago from torrents with no issue on TV, Movies, etc.. Never going back to torrents

Quoted from rai:

I was looking for later seasons of Australian Survivor too.

10 months later
    #295 2 years ago

I think this is the worst cast of every season. Can’t wait for some of them to go. Sob stories gave to go just awful. Play the damn game.

1 month later
    #328 2 years ago

I’ve seen every season - some more than once when the outdoor channel was Re running them.

Hands down the worst season I’ve seen. Probst is playing woke … sob stories like I haven’t seen before… I’m rooting for contestants to leave just in hope the show gets on track.

Reminds me of how American idol and the voice are being produced… really disappointing.

Off to the Australia seasons

#330 2 years ago

Agreed it’s a douche fest - the cast is the worst and it has nothing to do with skin color or sexual preference or identity - people with different backgrounds have been in the show for years… it just never needed to be promoted and marketed. It’s was more “real”

Singing shows suck I’ll fall on the sword and say I’ve seen them at the beginning - bad then but catch my wife putting one on at prime time and it’s unbearable today. 80% of those shows are commercials and background sob stories with MAYBE 10% singing.

Survivor looks to be taking that course. I just want to watch the fucking game.

Quoted from RTS:

Totally agree. I am coming to the conclusion that the show sucks now and Probst deserves a lot of the blame.
    I think the show is on its way out. The cast is not helping. They're mostly douche heads that I can't get behind. And Probst is like the douche leader.
    I can't stand watching any of those singing shows however. Never could. Those have sucked from day 1.

4 weeks later
    #333 2 years ago

All the woke drama and what seemed to be 40 mins of council. Rough really. Then at the end none if it mattered it seemed - these people are voting to win 1 million and that’s it. Get back to the fact that it’s a game.. or was I thought.

Quoted from adol75:

Agreed with all of you, worst season ever, the last tribal council with the woke drama and cries was the worst ever, it's all Probst driven and it sucks

#336 2 years ago

Naseer was actually my favorite- Danny for the win for me

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I fast forward anytime Jeff is talking and most of tribal council. I still enjoy the challenges and game play but not many people are actually playing the game. Shan seemed to be the only one. Terrible casting. Not many likeable characters. I guess go Zander? Maybe Danny.
    Hopefully season 42 is better.

#353 2 years ago

What do you like about the season?

Quoted from TheLaw:

I've actually liked this season. Thank god Shan is gone, she was becoming one of my most hated players ever.

#355 2 years ago

Exactly this. And the editor seemed obsessed with certain people and situations. What I always liked about this show is that is was less of a soap opera… until now.

Quoted from RTS:

When he first suggested the change, he clearly expected an enthusiastic "hells yeah Probst, you're so great!"
    But he was clearly disappointed that only one brave soul (Evvie, the cool proud lesbian) spoke up at the time saying, "no, it doesn't bother me and I think it's fine to keep 'guys'."
    She totally shot down Jeff's dream to show how woke he is. He didn't expect it and was disappointed.
    Then days later, Ricard said he didn't like it but failed to speak up at the time. BAM! Good enough. The change was made.
    Probst completely disregarded Evvie's opinion without a 2nd thought Her opinion didn't matter because it contradicted Probst's agenda. All he needed was anyone else to do what he wanted.
    I'm gonna check out Australia.

#357 2 years ago

Haha this is my favorite thing about this season - and there has been a lot of it

Quoted from TheLaw:

Most of all I like seeing people I dont like hitting the fucking bricks.

2 weeks later
    #396 2 years ago

Terrible season and Im blocking it out of my mind. And yes Ive seen every season.

Not sure what everyone on those sites saw in the show. Wonder what season they WOULD say is the worst?

Quoted from mkecasey:

It's interesting that this board is so against this past season. When I get into a show, I dive into podcasts and read articles and spend time on the subreddit. In all of those cases, this season was universally seen as good and entertaining. Nobody claimed it was the best season, that isn't what I'm saying. But I'm seeing a lot of comments on here claiming it is the worst season to date and it feels like that is nowhere near the consensus in all the other outlets that I'm checking out. I found that interesting.

#403 2 years ago

Old man Rob maybe.. the one where they were both in the show last was pushing it.

Young Rob crushed it though so I disagree. I’d rather watch Rob x5 than 5 of these casts members.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Edit: or anything with Boston Rob & 'Am-bah'

1 month later
    #454 2 years ago

AU is real refreshing after that last US crap
    Season. No need for Sandra but in to episode 1 leaps and bounds better. Host does a great job.

1 month later
    #478 2 years ago

Worst person in the show this season is probst. Bring in the host for Australia that would be Amazing

#481 2 years ago

Mostly - except they seemed to use the trans gentleman to create a narrative by letting him come on for 1 day and then telling him to leave. And I liked him wanted to see him play.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

You guys are being harsh. Can we all agree it's better than last season at least? At least the show didn't start with a conversation about come on in guys. They're not forcing the diversity down our throats, instead *gasp* they're presenting everyone as just normal people

1 week later
    #486 2 years ago

Thoughts on EP 2? Agenda and sob stories continue.

#488 2 years ago

100% agree and I like the cast

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I like 42 better than 41 at least

#490 2 years ago

Australia is great in comparison IMO

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Cast is way better… the 25 days still bothers me.
    Australia is good, last episode was a pretty big twist to the game.

1 month later
    #504 1 year ago

I agree - wasn’t expecting it when I first posted in this thread. So much better than the last season

Quoted from PinballTilt:

Gosh I can't remember a season that grew on me as much as this one. So many of the people in the top 8 deserved to win. I'm rooting for Omar, he's playing a really good game.

4 months later
    #546 1 year ago

Rough episode one for me - soap opera piano music sob story galore… guess this is the future

1 month later
    #560 1 year ago

James voice is terrible can’t stand the gargling sound anymore… agree wish I hated or liked more of these folks

2 weeks later
    #568 1 year ago

Forgot this one was still on…

#590 1 year ago

And Gabler wins - can’t be serious thinking that’s a good ending. Been watching since day 1 ready to hang my hat.

#594 1 year ago

He killed it at tribal no doubt - but the wife and I would have chosen either of the other 2. Cass would have been the choice although she got called out on what she thought was her strategy. Honestly we didnt care who won at the end it was that type of season for us.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I thought it was great ending. Who would you voted for out of those three?

Im one of the 9 of 10 that will continue even though I thought this season was flat and am saying Im not.

Australia is just so much better.

#598 1 year ago

Agree with your best players

Quoted from RTS:

I was super disappointed that Jesse failed the fire challenge. The pressure on him was immense.
    He deserved to win . After he was eliminated, it was now all about Cassidy losing.
    She was so out of touch and over-confident thinking she had won before any voting. And the shocked look on her face when she failed to get the votes made that last episode worthwhile. Just a final example of her not knowing what was going on around her.
    These final 3 were not the best players. Carla, Jesse and Cody deserved to be there more. But Gabler was the best of the final three.
    And I have total respect for Gabler donating the money. What a statement.

1 month later
    #625 1 year ago

Player intros were a little over the top - but to me this is already leaps and bounds better than US version.

3 weeks later
    #633 1 year ago

This Australian season has been a ton of fun!

#639 1 year ago

NZB downloads for me - but Im already using it for other material

3 months later
    #676 10 months ago

Agree - below average imo. Expectations are low for US programming in general for us

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah doing nothing till the final episode aint getting it done.
    Overall a decent season. Not the bullshit of the last couple.

4 months later
    #679 6 months ago

Are we seeing the end?

4 months later
    #705 77 days ago

YUP!

Quoted from Flipsteen:

And as usual this season of Australian Survivor is 10X better than the recent American Survivor seasons.

2 weeks later
    #724 61 days ago

Anyone else having issues with DL or iptv on the Australian show? Past couple episodes not showing up

Never mind all showed tonight

1 week later
    #725 55 days ago

Wow the new US season... just wow

#730 49 days ago

These 2 for me - the cast is awful and it has nothing to do with race or skin color. They seem like they are straight out of the LA audition line. Jeff has become super lame...

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Not enough hot people, just social media clowns
    Also Jonathan is a better interviewer than Jeff now

3 weeks later
    #737 26 days ago

First season I have not been able to watch... just dont like the players

Quoted from woodpost:

depends. have you enjoyed the show since they changed the format and started casting only nerds and where all the challenges are basically kindergarten playground olympics? then you'll like it. if you like old school Survivor with grit and drama and jerks and hotties, you'll hate it. i hate it.

#739 26 days ago

I made it through 1.5 episodes with my wife. We absolutely loved the most recent Australian season.

I think I have seen half of the cast cry so far - my guess is at least 2 will drop out of the game without being voted. Really boring people look like most came from an audition line in LA.

Quoted from rai:

I haven’t seen the newest one but it seems like they’ve been shying away from the blue collar Joe Sixpack (like Boston Rob) or the jocks and more to the social justice warriors and pencil pushers. Last season I watched there were 3-4 lawyers while the adult population of the US is more like 1 out of 200 people are lawyers. Suppose there were 3-4 doctors on one season wouldn’t that seem odd?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djsolzs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there?tu=djsolzs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.