Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 743 posts
  • 86 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1822 (resized).jpeg
    306FC10C-9F05-483C-82FA-F781C6FBC71A (resized).png
    3F6B24FC-6ED0-478A-BE4F-E9E36FFDCE66 (resized).png
    3CF0283C-3E16-4570-8280-E8CA73CE7B05 (resized).png
    285 (resized).jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Shantel-Smith.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos-Erika-Casupanan.jpg
    survivor-41-cast-photos.jpg
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif
    There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.
    #201 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm currently watching my first season of Survivor. I looked up a list of good seasons for a first time viewer and landed on Season 17. I mostly watch Big Brother but decided to branch out and give Survivor a shot. So far I am enjoying this season.

As someone who has seen every single episode, there are no real bad seasons I can think of. The game has changed and evolved over time and I'm guessing some of the older seasons at this point would seem quaint, but it's been amazing to me how fresh and engaging the show has remained.

You've got lots of content, so enjoy!

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I recently watched Season 3 of Australian Survivor, and I am now about halfway through Season 4. It's really quite good and feels very much like a supersized version of the American show. Yes, the seasons are long, but it gives you a chance to get to know the players much better than the American version. I also like that the episodes are extended because it allows them to show a lot more strategy, which is my favorite part of the game.

I just looked up some information about Australia Survivor, the host Jonathan was actually an ER physician.

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I just looked up some information about Australia Survivor, the host Jonathan was actually an ER physician.

That's interesting. Apparently, he's Anthony LaPaglia's brother, and actor I've always liked. Jonathan has definitely grown on me. He's quite different than Jeff, especially at Tribal.

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

I'm currently watching my first season of Survivor. I looked up a list of good seasons for a first time viewer and landed on Season 17. I mostly watch Big Brother but decided to branch out and give Survivor a shot. So far I am enjoying this season.

Survivor Gabon seems like kind of an odd choice to me for a first season. I'm glad you're enjoying it, though. What's great about Survivor is that even some of the lower ranked seasons have some great moments.

I watch Big Brother as well, but I have to say I think that show has become very stale. This last season was just super boring and predictable. Survivor, on the other hand has changed things up enough over the years to stay fresh.

#205 3 years ago

Two seasons of Survivor are now on netflix (amazon too I read). Thank goodness for Australia survivor which has been tiding me over. I really like on australian survivor that they just have a few hidden immunity idols and that's it for the most part. The us survivor has gotten to crazy for me with all the advantages, idols, and counter idols

#206 3 years ago

We have watched survivor australia season 3, and it was great. But, cant find season 4 on utube. What other media are you watching on? Tried sourh Africa, but didn't like

#207 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Survivor Gabon seems like kind of an odd choice to me for a first season. I'm glad you're enjoying it, though. What's great about Survivor is that even some of the lower ranked seasons have some great moments.
    I watch Big Brother as well, but I have to say I think that show has become very stale. This last season was just super boring and predictable. Survivor, on the other hand has changed things up enough over the years to stay fresh.

As somebody who is new to Survivor, what makes that one an odd choice for a first season? I'm not arguing with you or anything, just curious and would like to learn from those who have watched many seasons what makes or breaks a season and what makes that one an odd choice. I appreciate your opinion.

I agree, BB has gotten very stale. This recent all-stars season was very bland and the season before was awful. Luckily, Big Brother Canada is still very good. I think they had an amazing cast last season and it is a shame that the season had to end early due to COVID-19. I'm not saying it was a bad decision to end, I'm just saying we missed out on a potentially great season from a good cast. I'm definitely looking forward to the next season of BBCAN.

#208 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

We have watched survivor australia season 3, and it was great. But, cant find season 4 on utube. What other media are you watching on? Tried sourh Africa, but didn't like

I was looking for later seasons of Australian Survivor too.

#209 3 years ago

We are big survivor fans, kinda thought australia was better than alot of the USA versions. People weren't so snotty acting

#210 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

same here, trying to find season 4 or newer. Watched 3 on youtube, I did find 4 on rarbg toreents, but there are no seeds for it, so after having it attempt to download for a week, i gave up.

#211 3 years ago

I watched them on dailymotion

Multiple users so search around for the best ones. Some have better resolution and some have no commercials.

Every season gets better and better by season 5 they really hit their stride.

#212 3 years ago

AU kicks ass. Much better game play....Idols Mania.

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

same here, trying to find season 4 or newer. Watched 3 on youtube, I did find 4 on rarbg toreents, but there are no seeds for it, so after having it attempt to download for a week, i gave up.

Pdx monkeys advice to watch on daily motion seems best. Mirror to TV and im set to watch tonight. Thx..

#215 3 years ago

Half way through AU season 5, IMHO the challenges are better than the US version.

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

Half way through AU season 5, IMHO the challenges are better than the US version.

I agree. The US version tends to recycle the same challenges over and over again. The challenges in the AU version has much more originality.

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I agree. The US version tends to recycle the same challenges over and over again. The challenges in the AU version has much more originality.

The Creator of the show is Australian so maybe he got to spread his wings more.

#218 3 years ago

All seasons are available as NZB - I use NZBGeek. There is a small up front cost to get started with NZB but I transferred to it years ago from torrents with no issue on TV, Movies, etc.. Never going back to torrents

Quoted from rai:

I was looking for later seasons of Australian Survivor too.

#219 3 years ago

I just finished AU season 5. What a great season!

Can I expect equally great seasons or should I stop while I am ahead?

#220 3 years ago

5 was good

6 is great too.

I’d definitely watch the Australian ones in order 3-6.

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

5 was good
    6 is great too.
    I’d definitely watch the Australian ones in order 3-6.

Awesome! I am going to start season 6 tonight!

#222 3 years ago

Awesome! I am going to start season 6 tonight!

Hi Tom,

I see you are just down the road from me. Awesome collection. We should get together some time. I didnt see any of my small collection in your line up. That's a good thing.

I am at 121 and Lake Forest.

Enjoy Survivor. I love AU now most of all, even my wife was hooked and now in withdrawls. The final one is Fantastic. I wish they did one from the Euro area just for some new blood.

Survivor Scotland

Survivor UK

Survivor Italy.

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Hi Tom,
    I see you are just down the road from me. Awesome collection. We should get together some time. I didnt see any of my small collection in your line up. That's a good thing.
    I am at 121 and Lake Forest.
    Enjoy Survivor. I love AU now most of all, even my wife was hooked and now in withdrawls. The final one is Fantastic. I wish they did one from the Euro area just for some new blood.
    Survivor Scotland
    Survivor UK
    Survivor Italy.

Hey Marc,

You may not recognize my pinside name but I actually have been to your place twice... Once to check out your multicade and once to meet up with CHAPPIE.

We need to have a survivor/pinball party once things calm down and Survivor gets back on!

#224 3 years ago

I liked when Survivor did "Eye of the Tiger" for the Rocky III

#225 3 years ago

Hey Marc,
    You may not recognize my pinside name but I actually have been to your place twice... Once to check out your multicade and once to meet up with CHAPPIE.
    We need to have a survivor/pinball party once things calm down and Survivor gets back on!

OMG.....what a small world. Wow your collection has grown.. I sold that house and we are building ATM.

Yeah a dual party is needed. PM your cell and we can stay in touch.

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I liked when Survivor did "Eye of the Tiger" for the Rocky III

The best Rocky by far

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

The best Rocky by far

No way was 3 the best...cmon PDK....Rocky 1 broke every rule. Classic , raw, and brilliant. He almost sold the script for pennies...incredible.

DOnt get me wrong I can watch my man SLY in anything, even the flops..

Now back to our regular schedule program.

1 week later
    #228 3 years ago

Just finished AU Season 6. Good season although I didn't think the players were as interesting nor the drama as intense as season 5.

I am hoping Season 7 with returning players also means amped up twists/challenges/drama.

#229 3 years ago

Just finished AU Season 6. Good season although I didn't think the players were as interesting nor the drama as intense as season 5.
    I am hoping Season 7 with returning players also means amped up twists/challenges/drama.

Once the family goes to sleep, i start watching them on daily motion 4 or 5 episodes a night (i have trouble sleeping so it gives me something to do) , ive been able to watch 3,4,5 and 6. and halfway through 7 now. I really like the Australian version. Seems like the games are more intense, how some of these guyts are not physically hurt is amazing. watching Locky throw his body through the bamboo sticks was nuts. And challenges lasting over 6 hours, wow. I look forward to the next season, more so than the american versions

2 months later
    #230 3 years ago

Fiji approved filming to restart (US version)

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Once the family goes to sleep, i start watching them on daily motion 4 or 5 episodes a night (i have trouble sleeping so it gives me something to do) , ive been able to watch 3,4,5 and 6. and halfway through 7 now. I really like the Australian version. Seems like the games are more intense, how some of these guyts are not physically hurt is amazing. watching Locky throw his body through the bamboo sticks was nuts. And challenges lasting over 6 hours, wow. I look forward to the next season, more so than the american versions

Daily Motion I’ve tried to use but I’m only getting low definition which I prefer not, I refuse to watch low definition unless it’s old crap that was not filmed in hi-def.

Is there any way to view these shows in hi def?

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Fiji approved filming to restart (US version)

Whoop whoop!

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Daily Motion I’ve tried to use but I’m only getting low definition which I prefer not, I refuse to watch low definition unless it’s old crap that was not filmed in hi-def.
    Is there any way to view these shows in hi def?

You got a drop box or some extra thumb drives? PM me if you are interested.

4 months later
    #234 2 years ago

#235 2 years ago

I’m watching Australian Survivor now on season 6. IMO better than US version.

#236 2 years ago

When's the next season airing? Survivor has been part of all of my adult life. I miss it. Wish they had a season or two in the can before the pandemic.

#237 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Glad you are enjoying it and I totally agree!

#238 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

What are you using to watch it on? Ive watched it in the past on a app on Kodi but was wondering if theres a better way?

#239 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:When's the next season airing? Survivor has been part of all of my adult life. I miss it. Wish they had a season or two in the can before the pandemic.

No date for AU just said 2021.

Fall air date for US.
    I’m alittle worried about the US version this time. Cast doesn’t look great, no theme, and shorter time for the season.

1 week later
    #240 2 years ago

I know it isn't exactly Survivor related, but the new season of Big Brother starts tonight. I know there is a big overlap in fans of the show. I'm looking forward to it.

1 week later
    #241 2 years ago

Australian Survivor airs tomorrow night (AU time). So T-minus 16.5 hours…

Lmk if anyone finds a good link to watch it.

#242 2 years ago
    530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg530A89E7-F45E-4EEA-9F18-EEFA606627FC (resized).jpeg
    #243 2 years ago

Where are you streaming it from?

#244 2 years ago

I used a Plex server, sorry not much help.
    Pretty good first episode. Another new one tonight too.

#245 2 years ago

I haven't checked out survivor Australia yet. I see it's on YouTube. Sounds like it good. I'll check it out this week. I think survivor 2 or 3 was Australia? The one where dumbass Cody gave away a million bucks to Tina?

#246 2 years ago

No spoilers yet…
    Ripping first three nights a new episode each night. Good job Australia! These challenges are pretty awesome.

#247 2 years ago

Here’s a link

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82rual

Warning on the intro to this it may spoil a winner or two from previous seasons. So I’d skip ahead like 5min if you haven’t seen all the AU seasons and plan to watch them later.

1 week later
    #248 2 years ago

anyone else having issues with daily motion streaming this. I cant get it to stream at all, so ive been mirroring it to my TV, but when it goes to the ads, it replays them twice, then it starts the episode from the beginning again.

so its a pain to watch this way because then i have to find the spot that it ended at, and the way luck goes, another ad starts in about 4 minutes. so im fighting it the whole episode

#249 2 years ago

I use itubego to record it then copy to my media drive then stream to my tv through plex. I don't have any commercials but I do use ad blocks.

#250 2 years ago

Loving this season so far

X3 episodes a week is wonderful.

There are 743 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/any-other-survivor-fans-out-there/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.