New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 261854)

Any other Survivor fans out there?

By gweempose

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg
    FB_IMG_1581689918532 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689955204 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1581689942533 (resized).jpg
    anyone.gif

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Played pinball right before the shutdown with Johnny FairPlay at my local brewery - that’s where I have 4 pins on location. He keeps insisting I get a stern WWE
    He lives here in Danville. He loves to play pinball

Don't let him guilt you in to it by telling you a story about his grandma!

#152 5 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Played pinball right before the shutdown with Johnny FairPlay at my local brewery - that’s where I have 4 pins on location. He keeps insisting I get a stern WWE
    He lives here in Danville. He loves to play pinball

I heard Probst really disliked him. And Danny Partridge wasn't too kind to him either.

And the backstage aftermath:

#153 5 months ago

Too bad Jonny quit the last season he was on since that generally means you’ll never be invited back. He was invited back even though he had already had that falling out with Probst.

But I know they have a strict rule to not let quitters back.

1 month later
    #154 3 months ago

Found an oasis in the drought...
    No spoilers...

Started watching Australian Survivor and it’s pretty good. Started with season 3 and just started season 4. 3 was alittle slow but glad I stuck through it. 4 so far has been much more fast paced.

Each season is longer than US version, 55 days instead of 39 and 25 episodes.

Started watching on YouTube and lately have been watching on a website called dailymotion. Heads up on daily motion search Australian Survivor S03 or S04. I also had an issue adding the space in the search bar unless you add it quick. I also like a user videos named Peter, better video quality.

#155 3 months ago

I was just thinking some of the older seasons do not age well in 2020 culture (Rob asking if John if he's gay and/or people throwing around race, sexual orientation or gender bias). It does so go to show that people did grow up in different environments and times such as famously Rudy who was born in 1928.

#156 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Found an oasis in the drought...
    No spoilers...
    Started watching Australian Survivor and it’s pretty good. Started with season 3 and just started season 4. 3 was alittle slow but glad I stuck through it. 4 so far has been much more fast paced.
    Each season is longer than US version, 55 days instead of 39 and 25 episodes.
    Started watching on YouTube and lately have been watching on a website called dailymotion. Heads up on daily motion search Australian Survivor S03 or S04. I also had an issue adding the space in the search bar unless you add it quick. I also like a user videos named Peter, better video quality.

I've been thinking about watching Australian Survivor for years, but I wasn't sure which season to start with. Didn't they reboot it at some point?

#157 3 months ago

I’m not 100% sure on this but somehow I think they started on 3. Maybe that’s the reboot? I asked a reddit group and they said S04-S07 are the best though 3 I liked overall though there is some slow parts. Also they recommend South Africa season 6-7 but I going to go through Australian first.

The challenges are great some new some old. Season four is pretty great but if you have time 3 is worth it.

1 week later
    #158 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m not 100% sure on this but somehow I think they started on 3. Maybe that’s the reboot?

I just looked it up. The first season of Australian Survivor was way back in 2002. It was only 13 episodes. Next came a celebrity season in 2006 that was only 12 episodes. It was then off the air for nearly 10 years until Season 3 in 2016. This marked the beginning of the modern era with 26 episodes. There has been a new season on every year since.

#159 3 months ago

I would start at season 3 then.
    Just finished four, four was pretty good.
    Definitely won’t be a new season here till 2021 at the earliest.

Look who joins a later season.

B01ADDFB-3373-432D-9DED-E43C03F3F83C (resized).jpeg

#160 3 months ago

Looks like survivor is no longer on the schedule for this fall. They had to delay it due to Fiji covid restrictions.

In other survivor news, I went back and watched season 1 for the first time. Holy crap it was so different. The thing that blew me away the most is how clueless everyone appeared to the obvious alliance and how against aligning some of them were. And then Kelly's speech at the end about why she deserved to win was just idiotic

#161 3 months ago

Thanks guys for this....we love it....I am form SA so we found they have it also..we are finishing season 3 tonight...then jump over to South Africa.

#162 3 months ago

I am watching Survivor Australia | Season 3 and it's very good. I noticed that the contestants are a lot more fit than the US contestants. I mean 90% would be what I considered to be in good or very good shape (fit) and the outliers are the older folks. Just watched the block tower building challenge much harder than typical US survivor challenge.

#163 3 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

I am watching Survivor Australia | Season 3 and it's very good. I noticed that the contestants are a lot more fit than the US contestants. I mean 90% would be what I considered to be in good or very good shape (fit) and the outliers are the older folks.

We just finished season 3...I hear 4 is even better. They are more fit....

#164 3 months ago
    Quoted from EightBallTexas:

We just finished season 3...I hear 4 is even better. They are more fit....

Don't know if Australians are more fit (outdoorsy) in general and may also have a younger population or the show producers is picking more fit people.

#165 3 months ago

Maybe, just maybe, 'merica has an eating problem

#166 3 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

Don't know if Australians are more fit (outdoorsy) in general and may also have a younger population or the show producers is picking more fit people.

When I was in Australia I definitely noticed that people looked more fit in general.

#167 3 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Maybe, just maybe, 'merica has an eating problem

Just checked the average weight of US male/female (over 20 years old) is 196/170 lbs.

I don’t think on Survivor Australia there is one woman over 170 lbs.

#168 3 months ago

Season 5 is Champions v Contenders with some Olympians in there.
    Every season is getting better and better, Jonathan (Australian Jeff) has really found his groove this season and the contestants are entertaining and playing hard.

#169 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Season 5 is Champions v Contenders with some Olympians in there.
    Every season is getting better and better, Jonathan (Australian Jeff) has really found his groove this season and the contestants are entertaining and playing hard.

Man, you are flying through them, and these aren't short seasons!

#170 3 months ago

Yeah haven’t finished five but getting close. Watching two or three a day with the wife

#171 3 months ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Yeah haven’t finished five but getting close. Watching two or three a day with the wife

Love the AU shows....since we have nothing left but " Yellowstone" which is awesome.

#172 3 months ago

Are any of you Big Brother fans?

#173 3 months ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

No, but I love Amazing Race.
    They have a season in the can and holding to air it till fall. Amazing race canceled shooting another season this summer.
    It will be summer 2021 till either Survivor or Amazing Race go back into production.

#174 3 months ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

Yep. We've seen every season. Looking forward to the upcoming all-star season. I believe they are in quarantine right now getting ready for it.

#175 3 months ago

They just officially announced BB All Stars. Starts august 5th and they are doing a live move-in instead of what they normally do and film for a week before they air the first episode

#176 3 months ago
    Quoted from mkecasey:

They just officially announced BB All Stars. Starts august 5th and they are doing a live move-in instead of what they normally do and film for a week before they air the first episode

I just pray that Paul is not on this season. I can't stand that guy.

#177 3 months ago

I'll only do BB is Dr. Will & Boogie show up...but that doesn;t seem likely.

#178 3 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll only do BB is Dr. Will & Boogie show up...but that doesn;t seem likely.

Dan is my favorite player of all time.

#179 3 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Dan is my favorite player of all time.

Agree on Paul, but I don't like Dan much either. He thinks he's a lot better than he is.

I like BB better than Survivor, but they've really censored the live feeds the last few years. I didn't watch them, but I'd check out the highlights/lowlights once in a while.

#180 3 months ago

I’ve never watched BB and only watched a few seasons of AR (didn’t like it near as much as Survivor).

Is BB worth watching from early on or better to jump in later seasons? I don’t want to watch a season and find out it should have been skipped.

#181 3 months ago
    Quoted from rai:

I’ve never watched BB and only watched a few seasons of AR (didn’t like it near as much as Survivor).
    Is BB worth watching from early on or better to jump in later seasons? I don’t want to watch a season and find out it should have been skipped.

Skip season 1. It was terrible and all the rules changed after it. Viewers called in and voted on the winner, so it was just a popularity contest.

#182 3 months ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

Skip season 1. It was terrible and all the rules changed after it.

Agreed. No reason at all to watch season 1. The second season, however, features some legendary houseguests and should absolutely be seen.

#183 3 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. No reason at all to watch season 1. The second season, however, features some legendary houseguests and should absolutely be seen.

Seems like ages since there was a good season. My favorite cast was probably season 6, but a lot of seasons seem to have 2 or 3 people that carry the show. When they are voted out early, the season is ruined. Recent seasons I seem to remember more for who I hated than who I liked.

I liked Cody and Jessica, Mr Pectacular, Janelle, Howie, Kaysar. Boogie and Will were great in season 2, but they seemed to be playing overacted characters of themselves in their other seasons.

#184 3 months ago

I clicked just to see if this was about Survivor the band, or Survivor the TV show.

As far as the TV show, the only time I ever even paid attention that it was on, was when (former coach) Jimmy Johnson was on. I thought he was wronged on the show.

If I ever noticed someone else I like was on I would probably watch, but I never hear anything about it anymore, I guess I never watch that TV channel anymore.

#185 3 months ago

As far as modern seasons go, I think Big Brother 14 and 16 are worth watching. The most recent season was one of the worst seasons I've ever seen.

#186 3 months ago

Watching Survivor South Africa season 7.....they dont mess around.....It's a good watch. The host is cool.

#187 3 months ago

My only complaint so far with the Australian survivor is they need better mic's. There's many times I can't figure out what the contestants are saying at max phone volume

#188 89 days ago

Onto Australian Survivor season 7 (2020). Definitely watch them all before starting 7.
    Seven is All Stars best season yet. I’ve really enjoyed the Aussie seasons. Actual there are some aspects like the challenges I fell are better than the USA version.

Quoted from PinballTilt:

My only complaint so far with the Australian survivor is they need better mic's. There's many times I can't figure out what the contestants are saying at max phone volume

Found it gets better as they go along.

#189 89 days ago

Starting season 4 of AU today.

#190 89 days ago
    Quoted from PinballTilt:

The audio mix is terrible. I gave up watching it. Are all the seasons like that?

#191 89 days ago

No they definitely get better. The first season (season 3) has some growing pains. While it is weaker of the seasons it is worth watching to meet the contestants and host. As the contestants come back and the backstories help. The mics get better each season, actually everything gets better. By the later seasons it’s really good. Better than some of the US seasons.

I don’t really want to get to into as not to spoil anything. But there are some neat things AU has that they don’t do for US.

Also on dailymotion.com search around for a user you like. Some don’t have commercials and are higher res

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 119.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 229.99
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Protection
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ULEKstore
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 3.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 350.00
    Boards
    Pinball Basement
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 109.99
    $ 3.49
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 9.99
    Tools
    PinShield
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 19.50
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 19.00
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside