(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,006 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by DrBernd
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 161.
#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Is it much a difference hooking up a PSW10 to ACNC ? I have the opportunity to purchase one for $50.00 but didnt want to add it if it didnt add anything to the game....The factory setup is pretty nice as it is.
Anyone hook up a

I did because I got a lot of glass rattle with the stock system and didn't have anti-rattle tape. Sounds great for the time being. If I get some tape I’ll try the stock system again because it does kick ass. For $50 I would jump on that.

#6002 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Is it much a difference hooking up a PSW10 to ACNC ? I have the opportunity to purchase one for $50.00 but didnt want to add it if it didnt add anything to the game....The factory setup is pretty nice as it is.
Anyone hook up a

I have one hooked up to my ACNC. Massive difference. I would 100% buy that sub for $50. You'll need a 3.5mm audio splitter then just run the audio cable out the back of the game through a cabinet vent hole.

#6003 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Anyone hook up a

Yes! Especially for 50.00!! It adds even better lows!
I just piggy backed the wires off the cabinet woofer. The auto Off/On feature on that sub is great!

#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

This was true in the first release where the EB was available, but is no longer true -- any shot to the Guillotine counts toward your EB progress, during monsters, multiballs, whatever, even the shots during the Alice Cooper monster battle.

Cool - I need every guillotine shot I can get to make it to the required 10 for EB!

I'm nowhere near as skilled as that Kerins guy.

#6005 3 years ago

I have attached a pic of the sub I am looking to buy. Can`t I just use speaker wire...and use high level inputs on the sub? One side with alligator clips to clip to the cabinet subwoofer and the other side straight into the speaker input on the sub? If not can you post a pic of the splitter you are using?

Thanks!

Quoted from Jakers:

I have one hooked up to my ACNC. Massive difference. I would 100% buy that sub for $50. You'll need a 3.5mm audio splitter then just run the audio cable out the back of the game through a cabinet vent hole.

speaker (resized).jpgspeaker (resized).jpg

#6006 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I have attached a pic of the sub I am looking to buy. Can`t I just use speaker wire...and use high level inputs on the sub? One side with alligator clips to clip to the cabinet subwoofer and the other side straight into the speaker input on the sub?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Use speaker wire and high level inputs on the sub. I solder mine on, but alligator clips are fine too..

#6007 3 years ago

Gotcha I saw the pinnovators kit and it looks clean but I have spare quality speaker wire here at home and can save the $35.00 bucks.

Thanks again!

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Use speaker wire and high level inputs on the sub. I solder mine on, but alligator clips are fine too..

#6008 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Gotcha I saw the pinnovators kit and it looks clean but I have spare quality speaker wire here at home and can save the $35.00 bucks.
Thanks again!

The beautiful thing about the Pinnovators kit (if you have the bill acceptor door) is the exterior volume control and the headphone jack as well as the sub out. It really is a great kit!

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The beautiful thing about the Pinnovators kit (if you have the bill acceptor door) is the exterior volume control and the headphone jack as well as the sub out. It really is a great kit!

I agree that Pinnovators' coin door control units are great! I'm also a fan of Pinball Life's coin door knob control panel paired with just a Pinnovators driver board sub connection.

I think he's referring to the simple $35 Subwoofer "Y" connection that Pinnovators sells though. I ended up going with this for my sub connection as Pinnovators offered nothing else for ACNC at the time. Frankly, quality speaker wire will do as well IMHO.

#6010 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I have attached a pic of the sub I am looking to buy. Can`t I just use speaker wire...and use high level inputs on the sub? One side with alligator clips to clip to the cabinet subwoofer and the other side straight into the speaker input on the sub?

On most games that's exactly what I do. In fact, I sell cables specifically for this purpose. On ACNC, however, I felt that the built-in sub rattled the game too much, so I disconnected it and hooked my external sub directly to the amp instead. I'm very happy with this setup.

#6011 3 years ago

Navigating the menus and changing settings is a little different on Spooky games but I’m getting used to it. I changed the attract mode to have sounds and I have never heard it besides in game play, is that normal?

#6012 3 years ago

Are the attract sounds only available when pressing the flipper buttons in attract mode? I only remember that doing anything.

#6013 3 years ago

Anyone got a nice ACNC for sale within a couple hours driving distance of Maryland? Thanks, Mìke

#6014 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Navigating the menus and changing settings is a little different on Spooky games but I’m getting used to it. I changed the attract mode to have sounds and I have never heard it besides in game play, is that normal?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are the attract sounds only available when pressing the flipper buttons in attract mode? I only remember that doing anything.

Yeah, that's it. It's not loke other manufacturers that will randomly call out a quote or play music.

#6015 3 years ago

Well,
I tore off the upper playfield yesterday to have a look at the secret passage lane to see WTF is causing my rejects and the only two things I saw where the right ball guide at entrance is a little bent where the ball strikes it (1st pic) and the left side guide was tipped to the left (2nd pic). I straightened them and cleaned and waxed up under there. I find it hard to believe that this was causing all my problems. But we'll see..
The secret passage lane is very tight. Ball just makes it through. I actually had to bend them apart after reinstalling guide (I removed it to work on adjusting it).

01 (resized).JPG01 (resized).JPG02 (resized).JPG02 (resized).JPG

#6016 3 years ago

There are four wood screws holding on the upper playfield. All ramps have to come off first. PITA!! And it was not so easy putting it all back together.
**Some serious advise!!!! Don't attempt this without art blade protectors. You will destroy them! I guarantee it!!! **

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I used these videos to replace the guillotine servo, and in doing so I figured out how to remove the upper playfield if I ever needed to. But you're right, none of these are upper playfield specific. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/79#post-5468641

You were right though!! These videos do show what you need to remove the upper playfield!
DSCN0097 (resized).JPGDSCN0097 (resized).JPGDSCN0100 (resized).JPGDSCN0100 (resized).JPG

DSCN0109 (resized).JPGDSCN0109 (resized).JPGDSCN0110 (resized).JPGDSCN0110 (resized).JPGDSCN0117 (resized).JPGDSCN0117 (resized).JPG

#6017 3 years ago

Is there anything missing at the top of my back box? As you can see from the picture, the latch is in the locked position but I can still remove the back glass.

5CA56534-03F8-44BF-8BA6-B964D53244F3 (resized).jpeg5CA56534-03F8-44BF-8BA6-B964D53244F3 (resized).jpeg
#6018 3 years ago

Well, I'm happy to report that I fixed the problem. Now I can back hand the secret passage shot well and it makes it around the loop much more often. My guess is that when I straightened out the slight bend in the guide at entrance, that resolved it. Also, directly behind the bent section of ball guide (where I circled it above in previous post), there is the ball stop plate. I removed one screw closest to ball guide (circled in pic below) and installed a hex nut under the screw (like a washer would go) to act as a support for the ball guide. I used a longer wood screw of same diameter to do this. Before I did this, the ball stop base was actually under the ball guide (see second pic) thus not supporting the guide and allowing it to bend inward. Sorry I didn't take a pic of this. But hopefully it will support the ball guide from now on so it doesn't bend inward. Other than that, I just straightened the guide that was leaning to the left farther up and widened the secret passage lane a little bit. So it appears to roll more freely thru there now.
DSCN0129 (resized).JPGDSCN0129 (resized).JPG

DSCN0109 (resized).JPGDSCN0109 (resized).JPG
#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, I'm happy to report that I fixed the problem. Now I can back hand the secret passage shot well and it makes it around the loop much more often. My guess is that when I straightened out the slight bend in the guide at entrance, that resolved it. Also, directly behind the bent section of ball guide (where I circled it above in previous post), there is the ball stop plate. I removed one screw closest to ball guide (circled in pic below) and installed a hex nut under the screw (like a washer would go) to act as a support for the ball guide. I used a longer wood screw of same diameter to do this. Before I did this, the ball stop base was actually under the ball guide (see second pic) thus not supporting the guide and allowing it to bend inward. Sorry I didn't take a pic of this. But hopefully it will support the ball guide from now on so it doesn't bend inward. Other than that, I just straightened the guide that was leaning to the left farther up and widened the secret passage lane a little bit. So it appears to roll more freely thru there now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice thinking! I'll have to do that next time I get in there (shudder). Anything to make these flimsy guides more solid

#6020 3 years ago

Nice writeup on the upper playfield this should help alot of people with this problem. By the way I purchased new titan rubber glow in the dark rubbers and planning to replace the factory ones. It's it just as much of a pain in the ass to re rubber this machine?

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

[quoted image][quoted image]

#6021 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Nice writeup on the upper playfield this should help alot of people with this problem. By the way I purchased new titan rubber glow in the dark rubbers and planning to replace the factory ones. It's it just as much of a pain in the ass to re rubber this machine?

It actually isnt hard to re-rubber ACNC at all. You need to take a few pieces of castle off, but you do not need to remove the upper play field. You can replace every piece without doing so.

#6022 3 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'll get busy

Quoted from Calfdemon:

It actually isnt hard to re-rubber ACNC at all. You need to take a few pieces of castle off, but you do not need to remove the upper play field. You can replace every piece without doing so.

#6023 3 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

By the way I purchased new titan rubber glow in the dark rubbers and planning to replace the factory ones. Is it just as much of a pain in the ass to re rubber this machine?

No. To change the rubbers in the center monster target section, it only requires removing the crypt if you have it (and relevant castle molds), and the small black ball/switch platform that guides the ball into the crypt from upper playfield. Then you can just remove the relevant lock nuts from the plastic and lift it (slightly bending it upwards). This will give you enough clearance to swap out the rubbers. Titans Rock!!!

#6024 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is there anything missing at the top of my back box? As you can see from the picture, the latch is in the locked position but I can still remove the back glass.
[quoted image]

Can anybody else remove the translite with the latch locked?

#6025 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can anybody else remove the translite with the latch locked?

No.

#6026 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

[quoted image]

My best guess is that you have a coin door latch up there instead of a lock box latch, or you do have the backbox latch it's just upside down. My lock box latch is diagonal and moved downward towards the backglass when locked.
F6961C1A-3E53-4F16-8371-85E478F6E6D5 (resized).jpegF6961C1A-3E53-4F16-8371-85E478F6E6D5 (resized).jpeg

#6027 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:There are four wood screws holding on the upper playfield. All ramps have to come off first. PITA!! And it was not so easy putting it all back together.
**Some serious advise!!!! Don't attempt this without art blade protectors. You will destroy them! I guarantee it!!! **

So if you need to remove the upper playfield and you have side blade art, they will get damaged without the protectors? No other way to remove the upper playfield?

#6028 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So if you need to remove the upper playfield and you have side blade art, they will get damaged without the protectors? No other way to remove the upper playfield?

Just lifting the playfield will most likely damage the blades.

#6029 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just lifting the playfield will most likely damage the blades.

I've never damaged the side blades on any of my pins. You just need to lift the playfield straight and even, not askew. Same goes when you lower it back down. I have seen many damaged art blades, so apparently lots of uncareful people out there.

#6030 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You can attempt not damaging them when doing extensive work like this where you will be raising and lowering the playfield many many times, and accidently bumping into them, but good luck with that. Alice has very tight clearance.

#6031 3 years ago

Yea, I already fucked mine up a little and I lower it as evenly as possible. Just tight where the castle and cave molds are on both sides. Sucks. Only game that does this.

#6032 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yea, I already fucked mine up a little and I lower it as evenly as possible. Just tight where the castle and cave molds are on both sides. Sucks. Only game that does this.

I f**ked my right blade up the first week LOL! Also did it on my Hobbit which is also super tight (and the playfield weighs a ton with all the mechs). And I was careful! Sterns seem to have plenty of clearance. Even my American does. But ACNC and Hobbit?? Not so much. In both cases I replaced the blades and then bought the protectors... Best money I ever spent! Spooky did sell me just the one art blade too.

https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#6033 3 years ago

Just trying something out. I printed out a coffin on my 3d printer and painted it for a mod by the vampire shot. Need opinions.

1. Leave the cross white
2. Paint the cross red
3. Throw that coffin in the trash it's hideous.

IMG_20210221_205307651 (resized).jpgIMG_20210221_205307651 (resized).jpg
#6034 3 years ago

Lay it down across the top of that plastic. Have the lid cracked open... put a light in it that ties into the insert.

#6035 3 years ago

Nice suggestion I might just do that.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Lay it down across the top of that plastic. Have the lid cracked open... put a light in it that ties into the insert.

#6036 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

At first I thought I had to raise up Frank too. But, turns out, it wasn't that at all. I'm pretty sure now it was that ball switch in franks right side that wasn't registering. I watched that video Spooky posted on adjusting those switches and so far so good. The other thing I have noticed several times, is that the balls are not always being detected in the ball trough. And I already replaced the optos once. A nudge usually fixes the problem so not sure what's happening, but can't ever find a problem in switch test. It always shows all balls in trough. Game @ 6.9 pitch and level side to side front and back.

Having the same issues. I’ll tweak the right Frank/lab lock switch but what did you do about the trough switches?

#6037 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Having the same issues. I’ll tweak the right Frank/lab lock switch but what did you do about the trough switches?

This turned out to be magnetized balls. I got a set of defective balls . I replaced them and solved the ball trough problem. A symptom to watch for is if you see the balls stick together when cradling. They won't roll down the flipper when like this. Also, they won't sit down on the trough switches consistently.

#6038 3 years ago

Spooky ever going to release a decent manual for this machine?

#6039 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Spooky ever going to release a decent manual for this machine?

What information are you looking for?

#6040 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

What information are you looking for?

Mech breakdowns with part numbers, schematics etc. Something approaching what pinball machines use to come with. I don't expect a paper manual, but a more complete downloadable one would be nice. The one we have now is a whopping 27 pages!

https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/ACNC-Manual.pdf

#6041 3 years ago

I’d love to hear some of everyone’s strategy theories! What do you folks do for highest point count? What do you to best get to billion dollar babies?

#6042 3 years ago

Every time I turn my game on my front back box speakers start making a popping noise and you can see the speaker cones pop. I have to remove the trans light and disconnect and reconnect the 4 pin connector to the speakers to make it stop. What could be causing this? Probably my amp settings but why and what to do?

#6043 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

I’d love to hear some of everyone’s strategy theories! What do you folks do for highest point count? What do you to best get to billion dollar babies?

If I'm in a competition and I need points, it's all about getting the most valuable modes started asap (pit creature, insects). Sometimes though, my plan won't be to get points but just to "have fun" and that usually ends up being my best games of the day.

As for BDB, the focus is on getting the items to help finish modes easier, and on getting the extra balls if you have them turned on.

#6044 3 years ago

For BDB, my focus is on starting a co-op multiplayer game with myself!

#6045 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If I'm in a competition and I need points, it's all about getting the most valuable modes started asap (pit creature, insects). Sometimes though, my plan won't be to get points but just to "have fun" and that usually ends up being my best games of the day.
As for BDB, the focus is on getting the items to help finish modes easier, and on getting the extra balls if you have them turned on.

Great idea! What sequence of monster weapons do you go for? It seems starting with zombie makes most sense.

#6046 3 years ago
Quoted from Gnrwarkfc:

Great idea! What sequence of monster weapons do you go for? It seems starting with zombie makes most sense.

Not really much of a sequence for me since I can almost never get the monsters or their weapons in the order I want. I do know that 3 or 4 of the monsters you can get a weapon for asap, so I try to go for those guys first. Everyone else is just lucky of the draw.

#6047 3 years ago

Joined the club today,bought this beauty from Dallas_pin and he did a great job helping me with shipping and wrapping this game,took A few weeks from Dallas to Detroit because of weather but what a game,this one has mirror blades from the factory and blue powder ,and I did voodoo glass,boney flippers and my home made stadium lighting,just love the game and it better than I could have ever have imagined,bought Alice with out ever playing one.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6048 3 years ago

Looks great!! And you even got the 3 best Medisinyl mods installed as part of the purchase (laboratory, crypt, and volcano)! Now you only need his other 3 to complete the set... The wireform Arch, the Secret Passage sign, and the Alice tower on the backboard. It looks like your machine also has the wall sticker mod to make the wall in front of Frank actually color match the castle walls.

I like the addition of the boney flippers. Unfortunately for me (or fortunately I suppose), I have Scared Stiff right next to ACNC so it would look weird to have boney flippers on both games right next to each other. It would take something away from SS I think. But looks great on yours!

Enjoy and welcome to the club!

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

my home made stadium lighting
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would like to know how to do this, I have watched the videos but when I go to buy what I need it's always out of stock.

And also waiting for Medisinyl to get back to buy some mods, unless anyone has some they want to sell?

#6050 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I would like to know how to do this, I have watched the videos but when I go to buy what I need it's always out of stock.
And also waiting for Medisinyl to get back to buy some mods, unless anyone has some they want to sell?

The Pinside Shop may never return, but I still have running waitlists--just have to send me a PM and I'll mark you down and message back when closer to the shipping date. Had been a long time since I checked this thread and hadn't seen the posts like these until now.

The shop is only on "vacation" as I've been buried in orders since Jan. 2020 (often backlogged for months, but recently took on some help a few weeks ago and am catching up at a faster rate) and the Pinside shop became a liability by taking money up front and not having a clear way to show that they were made to order with a backlog (and I'd lose out on fees with any refund).

Much less stressful for now to make a waitlist and only accept payments when I get closer to shipping.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Looks great!! And you even got the 3 best Medisinyl mods installed as part of the purchase (laboratory, crypt, and volcano)! Now you only need his other 3 to complete the set... The wireform Arch, the Secret Passage sign, and the Alice tower on the backboard. It looks like your machine also has the wall sticker mod to make the wall in front of Frank actually color match the castle walls.
I like the addition of the boney flippers. Unfortunately for me (or fortunately I suppose), I have Scared Stiff right next to ACNC so it would look weird to have boney flippers on both games right next to each other. It would take something away from SS I think. But looks great on yours!
Enjoy and welcome to the club!

I appreciate the nod. Though he's already on the list

As for boney flippers, my ACNC is near RZ that I put SS flippers in, and I felt the same way and left ACNC stock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, FL
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 300.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,006 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 161.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/121?kp=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.