(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,002 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by darkryder
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240419_072738 (resized).jpg
20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Tape the door shut, play it, and stfu until they send you a replacement.

Let me guess ... you work in customer service.

#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Snarky = public attack. Haha, your offer is accepted. I’ll wait to hear from him.

Oh my. That's unfortunate.

#1218 4 years ago

So ... I was not really excited about ACNC when it was announced and subsequent gameplay videos of it didn't really change my opinion. I waited in line and got a short game in on it at this year's NW Show, but really couldn't hear it very well and walked away thinking "meh".

Consequently, it has not even made my top 15 wishlist. Until this past week that is. I finally got a chance to put in a bunch of lunchtime games over the past week at my favorite local pinball bar, and ... HOLY CRAP this game is SO COOL! I love the artwork, the screen graphics, the lighting, the audio, the code, the gameplay, and just the whole damn vibe it exudes! Spooky has really produced a fantastic game! Now I'm wondering how I could have missed this for so long? I guess there's just no substitute for getting actual time in on a game in a decent environment.

Long story not as long, I spoke to Kayte on the phone this morning and my deposit for #435 is now in! Looking forward to playing this baby at home in early 2020!

#1225 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

#200 home safe and sound! Beautiful game and fun to play. Need to learn the rules now. Thankfully my door latch was pristine so I was able to play [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice - congrats! That is a fabulous pic of the game too - really rich looking colors!

Quoted from 27dnast:

Not sure how to break this to you... but the volume control sticker inside your coindoor is just a little crooked. I don't think your game is playable

LOL

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

... and man does that butter cab pop the great art package! ...

The intensity of the inks in that butter cabinet artwork looks fantastic!

#1248 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

I'm assuming you didn't go with Nitro and bought direct from the factory. I am considering this as well. Do you have any concerns about not using a distributor?

What WackyBrakke said. No concerns and I wanted to support Spooky as much as possible financially.

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I agree. However, the distro I bought from got me in at 148. I would have been in the high 400’s if I had gone through spooky. I didn’t wanna wait!

Fair point. I should have mentioned in my response that, although this game is very cool and I'd love to own it ASAP in a perfect world, I'm in no rush due to other considerations. End of year is okay by me.

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

...I love this game. ...

Tell Nick Lane.

#1319 4 years ago

So I’ll preface this by saying I know this will likely end up in the clown puke thread, but I was messing around with my pinstadiums and liked the green. Don’t worry purists, the original GI is white and nothing hasn’t been swapped.[quoted image]

Not my personal preference, but interesting lighting effect nonetheless. Thanks for sharing!

1 week later
#1411 4 years ago

I think these look great. My camera takes poor photos so forgive me. ...

Thanks for sharing the pics! I love seeing lighting options - especially on ACNC.

Quoted from rotordave:

Grrr! Danni just beat my high score...
rd[quoted image]

Daaaang! Somebody's "kickin' ass and taking names" at your place!

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Changing the silicone rubber to a black rubber where the ball bounces once through the gate did the trick for our game. Only got the ball stuck once in the past month since changing it out. Good luck.

Black rubber = increased residue on playfield

just sayin'

1 week later
#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

... The best way to experience the butter cabinet is to lick them , mmm tasty .

ACNC "butter" cabs are the epitome of buttery goodness!

buttery goodness (resized).jpgbuttery goodness (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I only use colored tranlucent BriteButton kits on my pins, not clear. The look of the buttons with the game powered off is just as important to me.

Interesting. I install BriteButtons (along with other lighting mods) on all my games as I love tasteful lighting effects, but when a game is off, all lighting is off, so the clear buttons don't bother me at all.

Are BriteButtons even available for ACNC? I'm not seeing anything on Pinball Life's website.

#1962 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not a bad ball 1 .... (still in progress ...)
rd

Eh ... I guess.

1 week later
#2159 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I like it, my friends love it, but my wife can't get into it. Up for sale it went last night.

A pic of my gameroom with the games that my wife gets into:

empty gameroom (resized).jpgempty gameroom (resized).jpg

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’m out of room. I have to resist every day.
rd

I'd say that truly qualifies as a "first world problem".

2 weeks later
#2502 4 years ago

For those keeping tabs on production, I just got invoiced for #435!

No butter cab, but I did invest in double coin door locks in case of latch failure. You can never be too careful!

1 week later
#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I looked closer and it's everywhere, ... What I immediately noticed when I unboxed the game is that the clearcoat is not as glossy or smooth as my other nib games. I must admit I was a bit disappointed. ...

I'd say you have good reason to be disappointed. That finish does not look right.

#2670 4 years ago

I'm kind of intrigued now by the possibilities.

This color scheme could make Alice's castle a real "nightmare"!

Barbie castle (resized).jpgBarbie castle (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2776 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Well, I've just done my very first pinball mod ever. I removed the spinner from the left orbit. It was just killing the shots - its spins pretty rough and half the shots were not making it through or were making it through but not fast enough to get all the way through. Got a few more than usual last few games. Still no where near walking through the castle but....

Removed the spinner?!!! Your game, your call of course, but that seems pretty drastic as ripping a spinner is such a cool and satisfying shot to just eliminate outright.

Besides minor physical adjustment, lubrication is your friend when it comes to spinners functioning optimally. A little bit at the point(s) of contact goes a long way. Apply with a toothpick.

Super Lube (resized).jpgSuper Lube (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's a genuine mystery to me how R&M sells so fast yet ACNC did not? ...

Theme

Danesi

Shot difficulty

HYPE

#3023 4 years ago

VERY cool!!!

#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hope the upcoming software update perfects and/or adds some call outs. There's quite a few moments where Alice blurts out the same thing in repetition... or a bunch of seemingly unrelated call outs are stacked one on top of another. It's those moments where the game kind of takes on a homebrew feel, rather than a manufactured machine appeal. I think I've become more sensitive to this over the months.

Just listened to an ACNC review in the latest Slam Tilt podcast episode and Ron pointed this out as one of the negatives with the game (currently at least). They also mentioned that Spooky hasn't released a code update for ACNC since v1.07 last June.

I hadn't realized this. Yikes!

#3157 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

... It feels like a Bally/Williams ...

How so? I'm curious as ACNC has a very unique vibe for me. Not really evocative of a Bally/Williams game at all.

#3163 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Definitely unique and different than Stern. Probably the build quality/weight of the game is what reminds me of a B/W. Maybe not the best comparison since I was six beers in when I wrote that lol.

LOL

1 week later
#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I just received game 393 today which has a born on date of 12-03-19. It came with 1.0.7.7 installed in it. Only played a few games after setup and then had to get back to work. Ill put some time on it tonight. Unknown at this point if there are any of the issues that have been reported but it worked well out of the box for the 3 games I played.
Here is the eye candy...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Code issues are small potatoes compared to coin door latch integrity. Take comfort in that your game's looks to be in excellent functional condition (phew!) and don't sweat the gameplay stuff!

Congrats and enjoy that sweet coin door latching action! And the playfield action too while you're at it.

#3382 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Are all 500 sold now, or are there still some free in the Spooky queue? Had a league night today and had a few people inquiring.

Spooky website doesn't indicate ACNC sold out yet. They seem to be totally focusing on Rick & Morty now though so ... perhaps.

My guess is there are a few left.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

...I received my tower this week and it looks great. I've provided some pictures for those who have the crypt mod so they can see how it fits in. ...

Thanks for the pics! I purchased one of these towers as well and can attest to dnaman having done a fantastic job in creating these.

I look forward to installing this (along with Medisinyl's mods) in my ACNC if/when I eventually open it up.

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

Had to share my new topper mod![quoted image]

I'm curious as to how many ACNC toppers Spooky has sold.

1 week later
#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

... With this out of the way it leave the door open for future game enhancements.

Now is the time.
now.gifnow.gif

#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I had my Medisinyl Mods professionally painted (by Mark Jarman at M&M Custom Mods) and finally installed them. All, I can say is Wow! These mods are great I didn't realize how much thought went into designing them until after I installed them....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow indeed! VERY cool!

Hats off to Medisinyl Mods and Mark Jarman the artist. Thanks for sharing!

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

New code drop for Alice Cooper’s B-day!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YexlFMEvNUIg0XUCcnzSg2mnJOxKiiLJ
New code memory leak solved. New content. More already in the works.

Thank you Spooky and happy BIG 72nd birthday to Alice Cooper!

#3906 4 years ago

Although I've technically been in the club for a while now, FINALLY got my ACNC unboxed and set up last night. My game is initially playing meaner than the one I've been enjoying on route in my favorite pinball bar, but I'm digging it even more in the home environment - such a cool game!

In the course of performing an overall inspection of the playfield underside, I noticed the yellow/orange/brown cable (shown in the pic below) unconnected in the bottom right area of the raised playfield. Not seeing anywhere for this to connect to offhand.

Would greatly appreciate another ACNC owner enlightening me as to this. Thanks in advance!

2020-02-08 ACNC unconnected cable 1 (resized).JPG2020-02-08 ACNC unconnected cable 1 (resized).JPG

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Kinda looks like the the connector for the guillotine... Might find a male connector labeled guillotine... Would coming from the backbox, likely laying down in the cabinet near the speaker.. I have mine disassembled atm, and it is the same color wires, almost certain came through that hole you have pictured as well..

Quoted from trilogybeer:

If it’s the wire for guillotine servo the other end that it connects to will be down in the cabinet somewhere. The connection goes from that point to the back box .

Ding! Ding! Ding! Found an unconnected yellow/orange/black braided cable in the mass of loose wiring in the cabinet bottom rear that this connects to. Guillotine cable it is - I had not noticed yet that this wasn't operating, but it is now.

Thank you!

#3970 4 years ago

Typical excellent stream of ACNC yesterday by the master of wizard modes - Karl DeAngelo (@troz)!

http://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/552169937?sr=a&t=11s

#3972 4 years ago
Quoted from SGSA:

We finally got them posted for sale on our website just a short time ago! Only the ones compatible with Spooky Pinball are posted for sale at this time. Retail is $180. Yes, they are more expensive than our other kits but it was necessary due to a more complicated design and build time.
@calfdemon was our beta tester for ACNC! Thank you @calfdemon! See his post for pictures. The only difference will be that he has a custom color coin door. Our standard kit is black. If you have a custom door no worries, we can take care of you at no extra charge!
Here is the link https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/collections/spooky-pinball
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Thank you.
~Sandra

I love Pinnovators' products and have added them to all my newer games when possible.

Great to see now available for ACNC too!

UPDATE: Dang! Just realized that my ACNC didn't come with the right kind of door (Type "H") to accommodate the audio controls panel.

#3985 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

None of the audio is working on these vids. Are the copy right robots muting the sound?

I just rechecked Karl DeAngelo's (IE Pinball) ACNC streams on Twitch and it appears a couple of portions (where progress bar at bottom is shaded red) of the more recent stream have been muted due to copyright concerns, but the majority of it has audio. The stream done two days earlier isn't muted at all for me.

Here are the two links for anyone interested in checking them out:

2/14/20 ACNC stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/552169937

2/12/20 ACNC stream: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/551170154

#3987 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

We have had some trouble with muted audio as well, but I was able to get most of it through on our streams.

Thanks for your streams - I've enjoyed them as well. It's cool to see how much fun you two obviously find ACNC is to play!

#3996 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I joined the club today.[quoted image][quoted image]

You still have that cool looking basement gameroom too?

ACNC is a natural fit for that environment!

#4021 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

... What are good suggestions for pins that compliment ACNC in the opposite way do you think?
Thanks.

As a former owner (and still a fan), I'd second Scared Stiff. Might want to consider the new Elvira House of Horrors too. It's a deeper game, but the shots are pretty straight forward.

You'd likely love Batman 66, but I don't consider it an easy game as I pretty much suck at mine.

1 week later
#4146 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Set it to the hardest setting, Nightmare Castle or something like that, and try it out. At least you'll see all the rooms and understand what the game is doing better. I play it this way now. It's not a problem to get modes started. My problem is finishing them and getting the big points in frenzy mode and the hurry up at the end...

I set my ACNC to the hardest setting too so I can see all of the rooms. Nice to bring the kitchen, library, and parlor into the game!

As has been said by others, I sure hope the code is developed more to actually capitalize on the different rooms' characteristics. Such cool gameplay opportunities!

#4162 4 years ago

ACNC is a hard game.

But so far, I'm digging trying to play better!

#4178 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Is it just me, or is Pit Creature way more lucrative than the other monsters?

It is. Or can be at least.

And it's not just you and me who think so.

#4216 4 years ago

Spooky is very busy. Just not with ACNC anymore.

#4232 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

I do hope that ACNC doesn't get forgotten about now that there is so much R&M hype...it seems like that title is already getting constant code updates and that the feedback loop is constantly in motion.
ACNC is a beautiful title with incredible potential ...

Agreed and thanks for starting a special thread to track needed ACNC bug fixes, code suggestions, etc.!

2 weeks later
#4309 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just checking in to say that this game is more addictive than crack ....

I dig my ACNC overall. But damn ... those orbit shots can be tighter than a cow's ass at fly time!

As they say.

#4345 4 years ago
Quoted from LorenZ:

hello,
I ve seen in a video, people going to a room named Parlor, I think it's the right name. There's a pool table in it.
I never went to this room, with the last code
Is it normal? how do U do ?
thanks ^^

You won't see the parlor, library, or kitchen unless you have the difficulty set to the hardest level - NIGHTMARE.

#4352 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

... I saw the Twitch stream yesterday from What The Flip. Good stuff. Bowen confirmed they were adding items to each room in future code.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/586715896
He talks about it at 2:22 into the stream.

Quoted from thirdedition:

Thanks for the plug, ... There is a good half hour of footage with some good info. ...

Thanks to What The Flip for the informational ACNC stream with Bowen Kerins!

And ... VERY cool to hear him say that new code should be released within 2 - 3 weeks!!!

#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

You can still see the parlour, library and kitchen on the School's Out difficulty mode, depending on which direction you first shoot an orbit, and if you hit a mystery award that sends you ahead by 1 room.

Haven't noticed that happen in any of my games in the "School's Out" setting yet that I can recall. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it now though.

I know that if you put it on "Nightmare", you'll see those three additional rooms way more. Just have to nail those orbit shots more too. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

1 month later
#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

ACNC taught me that I suck! And I still suck!

"Weeeeeeeell, doggies!"

#4747 3 years ago

I created a reference table pdf for the Room/Monster/Weapon info previously posted by @coyote:

ACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdfACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdf

#4752 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Nice - thanks!
Has anyone done a map of the rooms?

BAM!

ACNC Rooms Map 2.pdfACNC Rooms Map 2.pdf

#4753 3 years ago

Here's a REFINED version of my Rooms/Monsters/Weapons chart too. Thanks again to Coyote for providing the original info!

ACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdfACNC Rooms and Weapons.pdf

#4755 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You got Parlor and Kitchen backwards.

Thanks - how's it look now?

#4762 3 years ago

Just installed a bunch of mods on my ACNC this weekend now that I received my fabulous Medisinyl Mods products. Others added include Pinsiders @dnaman's 2nd tower mod and @Cento's castle wall decal; Titan glow-in-the-dark rings and sleeves; Pinball Life's green sling/outlane plastic protectors, "scary trees", and ball save magnet disk. Sorry for the overhead light glare in a couple of the pics.

What was already a cool game is now even cooler! My thanks to the various mod makers!

NOTE: Think I'm going to remove the ball save magnet plastic disk though as that feature doesn't work nearly as well now as it did before - regardless of pattern setting.

DSC05272 (resized).JPGDSC05272 (resized).JPG
DSC05268 (resized).JPGDSC05268 (resized).JPG
DSC05265 (resized).JPGDSC05265 (resized).JPG

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Who makes the secret passage sign? I'm getting tired of pointing out that shot every time the wifey has it ready.

Medisinyl Mods

1 week later
#4802 3 years ago

Dang. Apparently, plenty of bugs to be squashed yet. And I'm not talkin' 'bout the Insects mode!

1 week later
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone changed the post rubber by the Change Monster targets?
I swapped out most of mine for glow Titans at the weekend but getting to that post looks like a nightmare job. And that rubber’s in tatters.

I did too as part of a complete swap-out to the glow-in-the-dark Titans. I removed the plastic and protector underneath on mine. It was a bit laborious, but I didn't want to risk breaking the plastic.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Exactly what you assume. There is a ton of side to side movement in ACNC, and the ridiculously bouncy pinball life rubbers make it awful imo. I put on titan glows and immediately noticed the game being more controllable and fun to play. ...

Yep - the G-I-T-D Titans are definitely not as bouncy as the game's original rubbers.

I like 'em better!

2 weeks later
#4917 3 years ago
Quoted from MintIndeed:

Also wanted to clarify - I'm doing a full_ rubber swap, not just that bumper. That said, I found I had to unscrew both ramps, guillotine ramp, remove a bunch of castle elements, and loosen up the upper playfield enough to pivot and tilt it to be able to get to all the rubbers. Literally can't see any way to reach some of the rubbers otherwise.

I did a full rubber rings and sleeves replacement and only had to remove a few castle pieces and the plastics (original and Spooky installed protector underneath) over the center area. No ramps.

1 week later
#4964 3 years ago
Quoted from Imotep:

Hi guys,
Any advice on the Magna save? Mine doesn’t work well, it will grab the ball and then a second later stop and just drain, had never brought it back in play before
Cheers
Tep

+1

Mine used to work pretty well until the last code update. Now rarely kicks the ball back into play no matter the pattern setting. Pinball Life insert install also no help and I've removed it.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I can't wait to get mine. ...

Me too!

My thanks to the modders for making multiple choices available. Both are a nice upgrade to the game!

#4989 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Anyone heard if Spooky is going to add to the code that was released? Possibly some graphics/sounds associated with the weapons (please)?

No, but I sure hope so. As has been expresssed by others, I'm not a fan of the latest code's initial limited room availabilty and the weapons gameplay incorporation is still lacking to say the least.

1 month later
#5122 3 years ago

More good news! Well ... for me at least. Hopefully others can benefit from this as well.

I set my ball save magnet back to Pattern 1 and it has been performing well nearly every time now. So nice to have this feature working again!

For those keeping tabs: I have a later build game (#435) and am not using the Pinball Life plastic core over the magnet.

#5138 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Finally saved up for and installed my last Medisinyl Mod, the laboratory. If you have been on the fence, the ACNC Medisinyl Mod collection definitely turns your 'Pro' to a 'Premium'. Also shown are Filament Printings coin buttons and Pinstadium lights. What a work of art!

Medisinyl Mods are a must on ACNC - so well done!

Now you need to get the decal for the castle wall in front of that bitchin' looking lab!

1 week later
#5163 3 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I installed these rubbers last week and I have to say the glow in the dark green really match the play field nicely. I really like the look. I now notice the left orbit that when it comes around needs a nudge or it will drain.

I have had the same issue since changing my rubbers to G-I-T-D Titans. A clean shot to the left orbit is now rewarded by a SDTM drain after it comes around via the right orbit.

I've attributed this new, and aggravating, gameplay condition to increased ball speed due to cleaning/waxing the orbit lane (rather than the changed rubbers), but your coincidental experience is interesting. So far, a change in playfield slope has not alleviated the problem and I'm hesitant to bend the right orbit's metal ball guide as it will undfortunately exacerbate the already tight right orbit shot.

#5166 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put a smaller rubber there. Or put the stock one back.

BTW - thanks for the recent ACNC stream Eric! I especially appreciated you quoting your friend's observation about the game: "Easy to live. Hard to prosper." So true!

At one point in the stream when you hit ten or so brick shots in a row, I had to laugh as that looked so familiar to my gameplay experience at times!

1 month later
#5361 3 years ago

Charlie Emery is a guest on the latest episode (#18) of the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast and in addition to mainly talking about Rick and Morty made a quick mention (25+ mins in) to "a few other surprises coming out ... it's Halloween. We can't not do something spooky and cool and have a little fun with some past games ...".

Perhaps a code update for ACNC? Here's hoping anyway!

#5405 3 years ago

10 chops is too many for EB (for mediocre players like me). Option to lower is needed in code.

2 weeks later
#5469 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Better than Bruce's....

Better taste in games too. Just sayin'.

Quoted from zacaj:

... Anyone played with their guides and found similar issues, or gotten them to go any faster?

Good info - thanks! I haven't noticed this degree of issues with my game's orbits or Secret Passage lane, but I'll keep this post in mind and report back if I do.

#5471 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question about the multiplier,
Not sure how and/or in what order to roll over the X's (on the upper or lower playfield) to increase the multiplier, 1x>2x>4x, etc. Now that I'm getting more comfortable with the game, tonight I tried rolling over both of the X's on the upper playfield, thinking that that would increase the multiplier, but it didn't. I'm sure I'm missing something...
Can anyone provide an explanation on how to increase the multiplier during the game.
Thanks!!

Each time you complete both rollovers (in any order) on the upper playfield and then hit the multiplier target on the lower right, the bonus multiplier is increased to the next increment (2X, 4X, and then 8X). Not sure whether upper rollover completions can be stacked or not.

#5487 3 years ago

FWIW:

I was not a big fan of Pin Stadiums for the longest time - primarily due to the zebra effect that they produced on chrome wireforms, ramps, etc. Additionally, I honestly felt that most of my games simply didn't need them enough to justify the cost and associated hassle of having to remove and reinstall them every time you raise the playfield.

HOWEVER, that said, I reconsidered them for installation in my ACNC and Houdini (both of which are somewhat dark) once Pin Stadium released their NEO version that utilizes a lens to eliminate the zebra effect.

I have now installed the NEO version in both games and I can honestly say that I am VERY happy with the results. Not only is the additional (color controllable) lighting a plus, but what is really cool is the additional lighting effect that is triggered when the shaker motor goes off. In ACNC, the shaker is often accompanied by the sound of thunder and the effect similar to LIGHTNING created by the Pin Stadiums is fabulous! This is something that really needs to be seen to be appreciated and I will try to post a gameplay video to YouTube and share the link in this club thread in the near future.

Just to be clear, Pin Stadiums are still admittedly expensive and the removal/re-install is still a nuisance, but for the right games - such as ACNC (as well as Houdini in my case) - the positive lighting effects more than outweigh the negatives for me!

2 weeks later
#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Ok, thanks.
Now what is the fix for the magnet save? I tried bypassing the resistor and every setting. It throws the ball pretty hard, just backwards into the drain. Is the plastic disk the only other option?

Experiment among the 3 different magnet save patterns available in the game settings.

The plastic disk didn't help on my game, but the magnet save is now working 80% of the time on Pattern 2. My game is #435 FWIW and I believe the resistor was no longer being used by the time it was built.

#5556 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is it possible we get new code before the end of the year? Noticed mine is on 1.1.0.1 and I can go to 1.1.0.2, but thought I would wait if there is a chance of new code soon.

There's ALWAYS a possibility. As with any game.

If it happens, great! Based on past history, I certainly wouldn't count on anything soon with ACNC though.

1 week later
#5584 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I cant solder for shit, so not sure how to correct this. I might be better off just buying another board.

Plug a basic soldering iron in. Melt some solder on the tip. Touch it to the connection to melt the original solder and transfer the new solder.

Done. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

#5585 3 years ago

dup

#5590 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Where's the Christmas code update??

Same place as the Halloween code update.

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The only mention of potential release dates has come from speculation in this thread. ...

Not complete speculation as Charlie stated in an October podcast that Spooky would be doing fun things with past games for Halloween.

1 week later
#5638 3 years ago

Probably not news for many, but there currently aren't any Cliffy protectors being made for ACNC. My understanding from Cliff is that this is due to the fact that he has no game to take measurements from.

If you have an ACNC located in the SF Bay Area and/or can otherwise help Cliff out (he will need photos, exact measurements, tracings, etc. if not a game to directly measure from), please contact him via his website:

http://www.passionforpinball.com/

Thanks!

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

They also say that Bowen is coming out with a written deep dive in the code and a video as well. Look forward to the content! Thanks for the update Spooky!

Anyone heard anything further about this? It has been another four months now.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That was released on TWIP, wasn’t it?

Sorry - I should have been more specific. I was referrring to the follow-up video by Bowen Kerins.

1 week later
#5746 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No, but he often makes things and doesn’t have them up on the site ...
Thought I’d ask here first to save bothering him. He’s a busy dude!
rd

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/113#post-6065305

#5861 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Do you guys think these ball stuck trees from Pinball Life are needed?

I have of two of these trees installed on my ACNC - one in the suggested upper playfield location and the other along the left side on the lower playfield. The latter for aesthethics only - I didn't like it jammed next to the left ramp as recommended.

I don't think they're critically needed to prevent stuck balls - especially in the lower area. However, I can say that they look VERY cool (really fluorescent) in specific mode lighting instances provided by Pin Stadium lights. And no - I'm not a Pin Stadium fanboy. I only have them on my ACNC and Houdini as both are dark, and they also provide great special lighting effects when the shaker is activated. (I really need to get around to posting a video for others to appreciate this).

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Did you get regular Pinstadiums or did you go with Fusion?

Neither actually. I bought the NEO version which eliminates the zebra striping that I've hated about their regular version, has the secondary lighting tied into the shaker, and is $150 cheaper than their super wowie NEO Fusion version.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Same here. I purchased pinstadiums when they were actually somewhat affordable (~150) and I got them for 3 pins before the price went up (DI, MBr, ACNC). I sold the first two but with ACNC... wow. The pinstadiums make the playfield glow a goulish green, it's really cool. The shaker motor makes the UV flash at just the right time. Frankenstein multiball is amazing with the pinstadiums.

But I gotta admit, they are overpriced now. ...

Yep - VERY cool, but not cheap unfortunately. I can justify the cost for a couple of games in my collection (such as ACNC) though that really benefit from the added light and effects.

#5878 3 years ago

dup post

#5880 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So you hooked up the UV glow to the shaker, not a flasher circuit?

Yes - Pin Stadium specifically recommends hooking the special effects string to the shaker on ACNC (and Houdini too).

Goes off more than you might think too. As MEuRaH said, these add a whole nother layer of lighting effects on the already now code enhanced Frankenstein mode start!

#5903 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a change log for the most recent update available?

Info is at Spooky's support site. Don't think they have a downloadable doc though.

#5927 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Being delivered tomorrow!! Can’t wait to dive into this game!! What rubbers are stock on this game and should I change them to regular black rubber? All my games have regular rubbers and that’s what I’m use to.

I believe the original rubber rings are Perfect Play (from Pinball Life). Very bouncy. I switched mine out to Titan glow-in-the-darks. Pics can be seen here if interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/96#post-5664619

Also FWIW: I wouldn't recommend real black rubber rings for any game as they constantly leave black particles on the playfield.

#5947 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What is the correct flipper alignment on this game? Back edge of flippers without the rubbers lined up to the alignment holes right?

Center of flippers. With or without rubbers.

#5953 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You guys are using the wrong flippers!

Nice - "shroud purple" rubbers!

Here's mine (and goin' commando (diskless) on the magnet):

ACNC flippers (resized).jpgACNC flippers (resized).jpg

#5956 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm struggling justifiying the cost of pinstadiums on the game... do any of the lighting colors (non-white) make the playfield glow?

They do for me. I have no regret purchasing these - they've more than paid for themselves in added enjoyment of the game!

I will try to carve out some time and shoot a gmeplay video soon.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What about hooking up an external sub? Wires from cabinet speaker to psw10? Should I turn the amp bass setting off?

I hooked up a PSW10 to my ACNC's woofer speaker and it sounds great! No need to change amp setting.

#5987 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Want to add a knocker kit and was going to get it from Pinball Life. Do I need the knocker and shaker expansion board assembly too?

The shaker is a must. And then invest in Pin Stadium NEO lights (for at least ACNC anyway) and conect into the shaker with the auxillary LED display. You won't regret it!

Oh yeah ... a physical knocker is always a good thing. Classic pinball at its finest!

#6004 3 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

This was true in the first release where the EB was available, but is no longer true -- any shot to the Guillotine counts toward your EB progress, during monsters, multiballs, whatever, even the shots during the Alice Cooper monster battle.

Cool - I need every guillotine shot I can get to make it to the required 10 for EB!

I'm nowhere near as skilled as that Kerins guy.

#6009 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The beautiful thing about the Pinnovators kit (if you have the bill acceptor door) is the exterior volume control and the headphone jack as well as the sub out. It really is a great kit!

I agree that Pinnovators' coin door control units are great! I'm also a fan of Pinball Life's coin door knob control panel paired with just a Pinnovators driver board sub connection.

I think he's referring to the simple $35 Subwoofer "Y" connection that Pinnovators sells though. I ended up going with this for my sub connection as Pinnovators offered nothing else for ACNC at the time. Frankly, quality speaker wire will do as well IMHO.

2 weeks later
#6053 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

... The shop is only on "vacation" as I've been buried in orders since Jan. 2020 ...

Not surprised to hear, as your mods are some of the coolest out there. Thanks for the great addition they have made to my ACNC!

And while I'm at it ... thanks to Spooky as well for making such a fun and unique game!

1 month later
#6336 2 years ago

Finally got around to shooting a gameplay video demonstrating my ACNC with Pin Stadium NEO lighting installed. I only have Pin Stadiums installed in my ACNC and Houdini, but I really like the moderately increased general lighting and cool special effects (tied into shaker activation) that the NEO (diffused) adds without the striping effect on ramps, etc. that the original Pin Stadiums created.

Apologies for my mediocre skills. I was able to defeat Alice, but unfortunately, didn't start the Frank mode which has really cool lighting. A video of that mode w/ Pin Stadium lighting was posted previously in this club thread though.

#6339 2 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Picked it up today 7 hour total drive.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to our nightmare!

And ... well worth the drive - enjoy!

#6341 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

... Looks like you changed out bulbs/plastics around the kickbacks for certain, I do see the UV lighting adding something to the game but not worth it to me. Any other reasons?

I changed the sling/inlane plastics to fluorescent green, but no bulb changes. The NEO Pin Stadium lighting has two circuits - one that adds additional general lighting (subtle, but needed as ACNC is a comparatively dark game IMHO) and the second is activated when the shaker is.

Mods are generally expensive when it comes down to it. I think the bang for the buck is well worth it with this one, but to each their own.

4 weeks later
#6398 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Any other owners out there put Pinstadiums in their game? If so, which product and are you happy with it? My game is currently at my dads house, who is in his 60’s, and he doesn’t like playing it because it’s so dark and he can’t see it that well. I’d love for him to be able to enjoy the game and this seems like a solid solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/110#post-5978833

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/127#post-6246563

5 months later
#6767 2 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Is spooky still working on new code for Alice, or are they done? ...

2 weeks later
#6793 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

I also confirm that the pinstadiums are really necessary on ACNC,
they should have integrated them in the pinball machine during the conception.
it is really incredible when you have to shoot the jackpot ...

I recommend them as well for ACNC.

1 week later
#6847 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

It is probably one of the best toppers done. A little rough with finishes, but looks and functionality…can’t be beat. And the roughness fits the theme.

Glad you enjoy it - that's what counts!

Like many things in life, topper appreciation is subjective. I'm a fan of them in general (as well as ACNC), but this one has always struck me as looking like a grade school project made of parts purchased from Michaels and Home Depot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.