(Topic ID: 208341)

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Club: Enter at own risk!

By Sarge

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,999 posts
  • 417 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240406_140302 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240223_080239 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
C3CA2F4A-C28C-400F-B349-DC92FF51521A (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
20231007_142204 (resized).jpg
20231007_142451 (resized).jpg
20231007_140542 (resized).jpg
20231007_140446 (resized).jpg
20231007_142049 (resized).jpg
20231007_140659 (resized).jpg
20231007_142245 (resized).jpg
IMG_0151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0150 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2320 Technical information Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2361 New Magnet assistance device Posted by TheNoTrashCougar (4 years ago)

Post #2425 Machine board information. Posted by Coyote (4 years ago)

Post #2524 Mechanical upgrade Posted by Cyberrocker (4 years ago)

Post #3201 Display mod (to standard screen) Posted by Mr_Outlane (4 years ago)

Post #3385 ACNC Rubber Chart Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3413 ACNC Light wiring diagram Posted by JustEverett (4 years ago)

Post #3440 ACNC Service Manual Posted by KingPinGames (4 years ago)

Post #3898 Ball launch fix Posted by rotordave (4 years ago)

Post #3944 Spooky ACNC repair videos - Guillotine, Frankenstein, Diverter. Posted by Ripshill (4 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

446 posts in this topic match your search for posts by coyote. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1690 4 years ago

So, I'm in.

I will admit - I haven't seen a new game released that I liked enough to own since around 2005. I really dislike 'band' games (AC/DC, Aerosmith, Michael Jackson, Beatles.. you get the idea (*)) since the music gets old to me, quickly. I'm also rarely a 'band' guy - more of a 'song' guy. I like individual songs, not bands. And Alice? I think I only like two of his songs.

So, when helping Completist unbox his Alice a few weeks ago, I figured I'd play a couple games and call it a night.

Now, I will preface this with saying I had some preconceived notions - I have played TNA and Rob Zombie - I can NOT stand TNA, as even after a handful of games, I have no idea what the f*ck I'm shooting for. The colors on the PF inserts seem to be done for a reason, but heck if I can figure them out. Screen is difficult to read *while playing*, and callouts don't help. Rob Zombie? Well, the handful of games I played on it I liked the layout and flow, but the audio I just couldn't deal with. Sorry.

So, I had (very) low expectations coming into Alice. To make a long story short ("Too late."), my name is on at least half of Completist 's high score table (though sadly, all short of 100m), and I'm in love with the game.

Put deposit down today with PinballSTAR , was told my game 'would' be ready to ship mid-October, but dur to some international non-stop work trips taking up this fall, I've opted to delay delivery until December.

TLDR; haven't seen a new game worth enough of my attention since 2005. Despite not being an Alice Cooper fan, this game.. just f*ckin' rocks.

(*) - Though, I would love a Weird Al pinball.

#1709 4 years ago

Holy heck, that reminded me!

I forgot to mention!

I am prepared, just in case! I even have a few options in case!
BlM1s8w (resized).jpgBlM1s8w (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1750 4 years ago

Back from my work trip up to Minneapolis.

On the drive back, I went a little out of my way to see Spooky's ''warehouse'' and ''factory''.

I'll admit - the bumper sticker on their front door is fuckin' hilarious. I didn't get a pic, but should be getting one with my game, and when I do, I'll grab a shot of it.

Anyways, Charlie was great host, showed me how the games were being made. (Those who has games in the line, I'm sorry - I MAY have touched it.) Was neat to see - far different atmosphere (both assembly and morale) than WMS or Stern.

Was neat to see, and once I get back from my next work assignment, I look forward to getting my game.

LcpBg1F (resized).jpgLcpBg1F (resized).jpg
#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

It is a butter cab, I suspected that was probably the reason. It’s all good, I know the wait will be worth it!

When I was there (see previous comment), they weren't making Butter cabs.

And after having seeing one, I am really effin' impressed by them.

#1757 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Think it's time for some code updates!
PLEASE add some variety to the Mystery awards, it is no mystery when they appear in order and are the same three things over and over. I think I got the mystery award 8-9 times in a game yesterday and it was the same 3 things every time.
Also really hope the crypt multiball goes through some changes, maybe a stepped up 3 level kind of thing with different objectives for each time? It just is boring and detracts from some of the other large song modes having it activate.
Those are my 2 biggest wants, here's hoping there is some good changes and additions in other parts of the game too!

Honestly, I would SERIOUSLY wish the "Tilt Next Player" was a possible award. Seriously, could like tilt the next player between 5 and 20 seconds after ball launch.

#1788 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

The upside down wishbone symbols are rooms that are not accessible.

I always thought those lines were 'routes'. i.e. You can go left (left orbit) or right (right orbit) to get to each of the next rooms. Room that you can only go left (or right) from only have one little black line.

#1826 4 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

When unboxing the pin, I was very surprised not to find manual , with info on connections, settings, parts ... It's really a lack. Is there a version to download?

As mentioned previously in this thread, it's still being worked on. It'll be posted and available ... when it's ready.

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

OK, thanks . Sorry I am the post but I had zapped this info.
And for the ball that block in secret passage it happens only to me?
Other defaults found. When you're tall like me and some of my friends, you do not see the scores on the top of the screen and have to stoop to see those scores. Spooky in the next update would it not be possible to place the scores at the top of the screen a little lower?

No worries!

Quoted from pinker:

When you're tall like me and some of my friends, you do not see the scores on the top of the screen and have to stoop to see those scores. Spooky in the next update would it not be possible to place the scores at the top of the screen a little lower?

I've noticed this too.. I would actually like to see the screen's level lowered some. When I get my game, I'm going to see if I can very slightly adjust it downwards.

#1847 4 years ago

Couple questions, after playing Completist 's game last night. (Mine's still in the queue!)

- Are there only two coin inputs in the game?
- How easy is it to (later) add a shaker motor? I did NOT order mine with one, and now am thinking that I may need it. Hard to tell on his machine, since the sound is so loud (and awesome - not a complaint!) that the bass acts as its own shaker..)
- Has anyone else noticed seemingly random ball saves? Sometimes I've had the game give the ball back to me when the insert was not lit. Other times, at the end of a mode or two, the insert has been lit without a timer until the player drained, and then the game gives the ball back and then cleared the ball save.
- Sometimes I've noticed the Mystery Hole lit, and when shot does NOT award anything. Just gives the ball right back. A subsequent shot then awards the Mystery Award. Anyone else get this?
- The (not so) Secret Passage seems to, on Completist 's game, be a flow killer - any soft shot or non-square shot up there not only doesn't seem to make it around, but seems to hold the bal for a good 5, 10 or 15 seconds before rolling back out. Is this expected/normal?

Thanks guys

#1861 4 years ago

Just FYI - payment requested for #392. (No butter.)

#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’m in for a topper although my wife made me one. She’s a lego nut!!! All my machines have them.[quoted image]

Okay, that's effin' awesome. Very well done!

1 week later
#2064 4 years ago

Got notice my game shipped.

I'm not home yet, and can't effin' wait.

#2067 4 years ago
Quoted from CCPorter:

Congrats, what number? Butter can?

392, no butter!

#2139 4 years ago

Yes yes yes.
My game is waiting for me at the shipper's. Will be heading down tomorrow to pick it up!

#2160 4 years ago

Well, #392 successfully unboxed, set up, and played!

Was able to play ONE game and crashed it. It now bootloops. Sent email in, waiting to hear back. BUT, the one game? I fuckin' rocked.
coindoor (resized).pngcoindoor (resized).png

I also got a decal! Lemme tell you, these people rock..
solicitors (resized).pngsolicitors (resized).png

Quoted from 27dnast:

Does spooky suggest turning the resistor off??

As an aside, my game was shipped with v1.0.7.4, and the resistor was 'OFF' by default. I did not change it.

#2166 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

It now bootloops.

Turns out this was due to a faulty 5/12v power supply. Temporary one in there, and I'm back to playing!

#2167 4 years ago

To anyone that has the lighted speaker panel -
Does yours display anything OTHER than green? Mine seem to just stay green or off, sometimes flickering or strobing (especially in attract mode..)

#2169 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Alright alright for #392! I'm #394! Gettin "all hopped up on Mt Dew's" excited again!
Gone have my league over for the unboxing party!

hah! Now I wonder who's shoved in between us.

Sorry, I'm also quite hyper. I'll shutup.

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Seriously impressed on how fast you chased this issue down i think you are a better tech than me lol!

Nah, powersupplies are standard. If something happened with one of the boards? I know next to nothing about the PRoc boards, I would have been lost. The most recent stuff I ever worked on was WPC95. Heh.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Dude... you fixed that so fast I was shocked. Like we had 3 people looking at what your issue could be and BANG! Fixed before we could get the 2nd email to you... ?!?! Amazing.
We seriously have had a failure on those MeanWell 5 & 12v power supplies at the rate of less than 1 a year. Maybe 4 in the entire almost 7 years of Spooky... crazy you tracked that down so quick.
Squirrel has a replacement going out for you today (and the add ons).

Years and years of bein' a tech and operator, it has helped with debugging and fixing.
having said that, it's *entirely* possible that something else is just drawing too much current, pushing the Mean Well over it's 1A capacity. I'll find out when I get the replacement, and if the issue returns. Will let ya'll know.

Thanks again for the quick help!

#2229 4 years ago

To those running 1.0.7.4 - are you able to Lab Lock ball #1?

Playing a friend's on 1.0.7.0, every first ball shot up the left ramp would be locked. In my game, even though the "Lab Lock 1" insert is blue, the diverter stays in the middle position. In test mode, it goes to all three positions freely.

I'm assuming it's a software thing, but wanted to get a verification.

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Happy Halloween Alice fans!
A friend was telling me that Pinstadiums are essential for this machine. I'm not a fan, but considering them. Will a couple spotlights suffice? I like my games pretty stock, and pretty dark really. For those of you with no extra lighting, do you have trouble seeing the ball at times? Lastly, do I have any more dumb questions? Yes,...yes I do.

Depends on how dark your gameroom is.
With ambient lighting, not needed at all.
In an almost black room? Yes, as the lightshows go completely off often, making it impossible to see the ball. (Which, in and of itself, can be a fun way to play!)

#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Mine does lock.
ver 1.0.7.4

Fuck.
Mine dosen't. Will send an email in.

Thanks for answering and letting me know.

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, and it also locks when light isn't lit. I'll continue keeping an eye on it's behavior. I will let you know if I notice anything strange about it. Sounds like you may need to adjust those servos. For some reason, I can't save the Frank servo settings. My Frank isn't high enough and when I set the servo TOP parameter to raise him up, it doesn't save the setting? So ball #1 doesn't always drain into ramp on start of Frank Multi ball.

Interesting. In test mode (setting the Servo adjustment) the gate moves all the way to the tree positions. (Left, Mid, Right) But when I start a game, it never moves to allow the ball to lock. It did ONCE, when I somehow got a two-player game stuck in Skill Shot mode, as a shot up there caused it to lock. But that was the only time, oddly.

#2284 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That is definitely not right. Mine moves as it should during game play.

Okay little more study, and it looks like when the ball is launched, my gate opens left. Then between a second to two seconds later, it returns to middle position.

Logs don't show anything strange, so will send Spooky an email.

Edit: And thanks to Yoreland , I think I figured my issue out. My TOP drop target (#3, the one on the upper PF) was not restting. I NEVER NOTICED during game play, but it looks like the software is aborting the lock (moving the gate to the middle) when the drop target isn't resetting properly. I will verify this tomorrow when I fix my target.

#2285 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Just got Mine #376. Straight away the ball gets stuck in the crypt lock. What's going on with this??? What is it supposed to be doing? How do I fix this?
Video of the problem below:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/in4EBepADqpefx6E7
Thanks!

It looks like your "backDropTarget" isn't dropping as it should, so the ball is trying to get tossed up into the scoop, and cannot make it, the game it trying over and over.

I don't yet have all the test menus memorized, but there may be a test where you can test the different coils, and verify it drops.

Edit: Go to the Drop Target Test mode, and run it. This should tell you is they're all working as expected.

#2289 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Thanks, I'll look into that. Meanwhile Spooky Service told me to adjust the playfield pitch. That seemed to solve the problem so far...

What did you have your angle at? Higher than 7?

Quoted from earetz:

Mine had an intermittant issue similar, drop target down switch did not register every time. Mine was the switch itself, maybe yours is just adjustment.

Yup ,I will. I ned to run out and get some inspections done this morning - once I get back though, I'll be taking a closer look at that area. Thanks!

#2290 4 years ago

Gameplay question, guys -
If the Mystery Hole is lit (for a Mystery award), and you shoot up to the upper playfield, and then drain the ball through EITHER the left lane or the far right Crypt hole - both of these end up in tyhe Mystery Hole for kickout - does it award the Mystery Award?

Had this happen (both ways), and .. it didn't see right.

#2292 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Crypt hole doesn't go to the mystery? It drops down onto the main pf
I've had random upper playfield left drains count as mode shots before though. Not sure if bug or not

Huh, you're right. Okay, something else strange happened on that one, then. But the left Bonus lane? Would it fire a Mystery Award (if it was lit)?

#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Any of you guy's have digital inclinometers act squirrely? Mine seems to jump around a lot. PITA to use. And it's only a year old. I do zero it on my pool table because it's level.

I use my phone, honestly. And then do a ball-roll test.

#2304 4 years ago

Another ping!
Anyone that got the DBA door, please PM me? I'm working on a few things to forward to Spooky and need a larger sample machine size than 'one'.

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Anyone else notice this issue?

I... don't have anyone to play with.

#2320 4 years ago

So I spent the better part of the day doing this, hopefully it can help some of ya'll when needed. I was tracking down the issue with my Upper Playfield drop target (which, by the way, looks like an issue on my driver board), and in order to do that, I had to know what wires I was looking for. So, I tried to map everything and record it down. Take it with a grain of salt - some of the wire colors are hard to make out. I had a heck of a time with the Orange ones.

Edit to add: I also did this to help me learn the PRoc system, which - admittedly - is ENTIRELY new to me. Knowing how stuff works makes it a LOT easier to debug when something goes wrong.

Until we have a manual, if you have any corrections, PLEASE let me know!
Coil Drivers v0.6.pdfCoil Drivers v0.6.pdf

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Does the service mode coil test menu identify the driver/connector? Support would be able to tell you right away to complete your chart.

No. Sadly, the Coil Test needs a (lot) of work:
When you select a coil, you hit Start to 'run' the test. Currently, the test fires the coil only once. If you want to fire the coil again, you need to hit Start a again (to stop the test) and then a third time to restart the test, where the coil fires once.

Really hard to hold a multimeter in places when you need a fifth hand to hit the start button.

#2325 4 years ago

I'd email support. The board connections are in the yaml files so it wouldn't be hard for them to get you a list.

Oh, I found the one I was looking for. The PDF above has everything I could find, and a few "?"s I couldn't track down. I didn't get beyond the MPU because I was (and still am) down with a hard cold.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

When is the magnet save used vs. kicking out a new ball from the shooter lane? I haven't figured out the pattern yet...

I believe that the Save Magnet is used when a ball rolls down an outlane and you are NOT in a multiball.

#2347 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

1. Backbox screw won't screw in tightly in the backbox. I've tried many angles, turning by hand, and by wrench. It seems like the hole in the backbox might be misaligned with the cabinet screw hole? I can get the screw in directly in the cabinet, but can't get it in via backbox hole.

This happened to my game and a another local pinhead's game. To get (them both), I undid the back latch, and SLIGHTLY (like, under an inch) tilted the backbox forward. THen I was able to hand-scre thee bolt down for almost entire way. Then re-latch the backbox and final tighten the bolt.

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My MET and ACDC start shooting out 2 balls about twice a year. Just a reseat of the trough connectors and all good. Could it be that simple?
I'm guessing Coyote has seen this many times on many machines too. Which leads me to believe it's not that simple, or he would've mentioned this already.

Actually, my ACNC is doing it a LOT - at least once a game. (And I used to see it a lot on WPC/WPC95 games - but not as often, and there's a reason for that..)

There seems to be code in the game where if the trough coil fires, and then the shooter lane switch is NOT closed, the trough coil will fire AGAIN. IN MY case, this happens because the ball is ejected so hard that it bounces back and barely rests on the trough's edge. The second fire will kick a second ball up. Depending on how happy physics is at the time, the second ball will drop back into the trough, or end up in the shooter lane.

On WPC/WPC-95 games, the game wouldn't try to 'rekick' out a ball if the shooter lane wasn't closed. It WOULD gently fire (like at 25% strength) the coil if the Trough Jam opto was stuck, which would sometimes give you two balls.

I'm worried if the shooter lane switch actually causes this (this is all speculation as right now I'm focusing on my drop target - other things are less important), as that could get REALLY annoying if that shooter lane switch suddenly died.

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That is 100% correct. If the trough becomes stacked (failed attempt) it will then launch out 2 so it is unstacked. We are adding a trough coil power setting so this can be adjusted to hopefully not fail.

If this is the case, then the "unjam" coil kick should be a low percentage of the strength setting. Like under 50%. (The goal is to simply 'unjam' the balls, which gravity is already helping you with..)

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Love this freaking game. Got 54 million last night. Getting better haha. I only wish I had time to play more. Spooky you guys made one hell of a fun game!
[quoted image]

Where's your door lock cam?!?!

Congrats!

#2409 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Looks like game #393 will be mine and

Number neighbors!

#2422 4 years ago

... And today I take my game apart.
At least, a little. I need/want to wax it up good, but more importantly, I need to swap my two Coil Drive boards, to see if my guess is right and that my Drop Target Reset issue is because of the board. I'm guessing it is, and I'm guessing it failed is what took out my power supply.

Am guessing, which is why I need to swap boards, see what happens.

Then, email in to Spooky and see what they say.

Before I do this, though.. I still need to play 5 more games.

#2425 4 years ago

Update!
First, an updated PDF! Everything in it should be pretty fuckin' close to being correct thanks to a few folks that sent me corrections. I went ahead and added fuse & LED information, and Dipswitch settings for the two Driver boards. (Again, helps ME with troubleshooting.)

I swapped my boards - the #2 driver (pin #3) on the A Bank was not firing to reset my upper Drop Target. Took both boards out and swapped them, setting dips to match, and.. everything works. The #2 driver (used to power the Launch Button) works now (oddly), and my Drop Target resets - I can now lock a ball in Frank! Whohoo!

Anyways, enjoy the PDF, hopefully it'll help folks get through anything until Spooky releases official manual.

Coil Drivers v0.8.pdfCoil Drivers v0.8.pdf
#2426 4 years ago

Oh, and I'm thinking of adding a shooter lane protector to my game. Since i had the glass off, I thought I would look at the shooter/trough kickout.

One thing I noticed? There's no metal guard on the wood rail, and my rail - after likely only 100 games (maybe less, I need to check my stats), there is already a noticeable depression there where the balls are kicked out of the trough. I was actually really surprised that there WASN'T one there already. (Hell, even my Meteor - with one of the weakest kickout coils - has one..!)

Likely will buy one from somewhere, get it powdercoated black.

#2433 4 years ago

I have ya'll beat.
djFA6sV (resized).jpgdjFA6sV (resized).jpg

Had one ball locked in Crypt, and was starting a new ball. The ball did NOT rest on the shooter lane, instead it bounced off the wood and was resting on the edge of the trough outhole. So the game then kicked a second ball out. BOTH then landed COMPLETELY on the shooter lane. So it should NOT have TRIED to kick the third ball out, yet it did.

After this, things went a little crazy. With three balls on the playfield, the autolauncher thought I shot the right Path, and started Cold Ethel. The fourth ball was released, so I had a 4-ball Ethel going on.

Eventually got down to one ball - and drained it.

Ethel continued. I had to open the coin door, and manually eject a ball from the trough. Played it a little longer, and then it drained again. The game then jumped back into 'single' ball mode (Ethel over) and then immediately went into Bonus.

Rest of the game, everything worked fine.

Recommendation: In the switch test, instead of just telling me 'balls missing' or 'all balls present', let me SEE which of the 4 switches are registering. If one is stuck on, I'd like to know which one.

#2437 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Is this launching two balls in the shooter and game resets common with this game now.
I have one ordered and all this is worrying.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Mine has no issues at all, so it's not everyone.

And of ALL the issues that a new game COULD have? This is like, about at the same level as the effin' coin door latch being missing. It's a small issue and when it DOES happen, it doesn't 'ruin' the game at all. (Hell, sometimes it makes it more challenging. Werewolf with two balls? Better friggin' plan your shots better, or you're dead.. )

#2446 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It also functions in in dungeon room for stretch points and for combos and also during entire game when going for the 10 chops to light extra ball. Also, it doesn't lock. The ball will either flow through and down to right inlane or will catch in hole in front of guillotine and then drop down into subway (chop). It chops sometimes in these other instances. Not sure why (maybe when scoop is lit??), but in Alice Cooper mode it always chops.

So far, I've only notice it catch and chopduring normal game mode during the second shot. (So, shoot the first, it goes through. Shoot the second, it get stopped and chopped. The lowesr I've ever gotten was 5, and after that 8, each one went through.)

#2448 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Ya, that seems right now that you mention it. I wondered why though? Did you notice if the scoop was lit when it chopped?

Will need to look, I didn't notice if Mystery was lit or not honestly!

#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Weird. For me during the alice cooper mode it takes three shots for it to do the chop.

Yeah, I was meaning during NORMAL, non-monster mode.
In Alice Cooper Monster mode, that's the same for me - 3.

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, what? I've never seen mine active outside of alice cooper mode. I've gotten to 8 chops in a game without it moving

Yup, I just played a few game - happens to me whether the Mystery Hole is lit or not - always the second chop shot. (That gets my count from 9 to 8.)
I'm on v1.0.7.4, and that may explain if you don't?

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Tried to fix in service menu to no avail.

Does this mean he doesn't lift or change position when trying to set the high/low limit?

If so, check the cabling to the servo, it's possible one got disconnected.

#2501 4 years ago

Quick shot question for ya'll..

Does your Secret Passage loop seriously slow down the ball?

On my game, unless I get the shot *exactly*, the ball will never make it around. And when I DO hit it dead-on, the fall will FLY up there, and then.. after a few seconds, just dribble out the right loop. It kinda kills the flow - especially for Combos and the such.

#2509 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, somewhat. Sometimes it’s slow... but I can nail for a super quick turn around.
If anything, it comes in handy for when you hide the ball from the swamp creature

Okay, thanks guys. Was just worried there was something up with my game.

#2540 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Is this the big gold resistor that you're talking about?[quoted image]

Yes. That is it.

#2542 4 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I'm on 1.0.7.0 code and it doesn't seem to have the resistor option in the menu. Really hoping we can all get on the same code base soon to elevate confusion.

If it makes you feel any better, my game (#392) was shipped with v1.0.7.4, had the resistor option set to Yes already (meaning: I did not turn it on at first), and my game does NOT have the resistor.

I get about a 50% success rate, for the record. (Using Pattern 2, playfield set at 6.8, give or take.)

#2549 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will clarify that the RGB crypt is also interactive without having the speaker lights.

If you look at the document I posted earlier, should be pretty easy to figure out how to hook it up.

#2550 4 years ago

So, I am likely going to be exiled from this thread for this, but..

I could not f*cking stand the flipper rubbers that came on the game. I couldn't figure out why, but I just could NOT make shots. So, today, I took the glass off and waxed the field, and put blue flipper rubbers on the bottom flippers. I also adjusted them so that they were more parallel to the inline feeds. (Hey, SpookyCharlie and SpookyLuke , see the note below..) Once I did that? Holy hell, that changed my game completely. I can make shots like I expect to. I can stop-catch balls, and pass from flipper to flipper. Ghods, yes. :mregreen:

Note: Hey, Spooky guys: You may be familiar with the flipper alignment holes. THey were on WPC, WPC-95, and .. as far as I know, on just about every game released. You even put them on ACNC! ... But they're.. past the end of the flipper. So they can't be used. They also look to be a little off alignment - they are meant to have a toothpick inserted into them and *between* the flipper rubber and flipper bat (it was done this way so that the flipper rubber would hold the flipper bat where it needs to be, as the PF is lifted and bolts tightens down). If my flippers were longer, it looks like these holes would need to have the flipper rubber rest on them, which would be really difficult to keep in place while tightening down the bolts.

Okay, sorry guys. Done preaching.

#2553 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Were your flippers not aligned to the guides? Mine were both pretty much parallel from the factory.
Where did you get blue flipper rubbers?

No, mine were slightly angled upwards. Was a to-do for me to fix, since it just.. bothered my OCD. The blue rubbers I got from Steve and Pinball Resource. They're about the same as red rubber as far as bounciness goes, but sadly they're only available for larger flippers. (Not the smaller one up on the upper PF.)

#2556 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Educate me on this flipper rubber color thing. I love the look of the purple ones I have. Are you saying color makes a difference?

Quick, Quick summary since I don't wanna spam the ACNC thread, but:
In the old days, the color of the rubber affected it's bounciness. Before, y'know, we had silicon and whatever else. Black was stiffer, Red was softer, more bouncy. Gottlieb used a blue rubber, which seems to be the same as Red. There USED to be a white produced, and I'm not sure of it's bounciness properties. (This was true for ring rubbers as well - white bounced more than black, for exmaple)

Likeky nowadays, the color doesn't affect the bounciness of the rubber. I put blue ones on because I know they're soft, and they look better on the playfield than red. (Though, not as good as the purple, I will admit.)

#2563 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I changed the factory flipper rubbers to regular red... liked it way more... until I installled lightening flippers (which really need yellow to retain any sort of standard-size flipper bounce). Put factory rubbers on the lightening flippers and they are perfect!

0.o That sounds really interesting, now..

Quoted from rotordave:

But RZ and ACNC came with the PBL silicone [...] I did buy some used games with Superbands on them, I couldn’t get those off quick enough. Ewwww! Just dead.

Good to know these are PBL's and not Titans. I wasn't 100% sure. And yes - while I may not really like these Silicone bands (anyone's), Superbands? Superbands can all be tossed into the sun they are horrid. *ahem* Sorry.

Speaking of rubbers - I'm having an issue with my upper gate as well - except the ball is not bouncing out - If I flip right, I can somehow get the ball up under that gate and down the ramp. Otherwise, I would have changed that out too.

#2564 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Data East games have them at the end of the flipper as well.

Also - aaah, this is good to know. While I DID have DE games back in the 90's on location, I did not nearly have enough of them to remember this, apparently. Good. Thank you for the clarification!

#2566 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I hope you try it out. I think this game really sings with Lightning’s!
Everybody’s doing it... don’t be left out!!

I may just fart in your face and install some A-12111 coil stops in my flipper mechs. Muhaha!

#2568 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Any idea what it has on it currently?

A-12390. These give the flipper more limited travel, and were introduced and changed while WMS was producing Twilight Zones. A-12111's allow for greater flipper travel, which makes it much friendlier for catching/trapping balls.

#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ah I was assuming the opposite. I always put the tallest stops (smallest stroke) on all my games...

*gasp* Heresy! How do you catch balls? Backflip? Sheesh. You kids these days. No control..

#2571 4 years ago

I just realized something new.

Apparently there are different 'colors' of skillshots. At least Red and Blue. After the ball is launched, the LCD will show the foyer with the different passages 'lit' (highlighted) in a slightly-colored halo. Some skillshots give you the ball saver. Some give you the ball saver and secret passage. Anyone know of any others?

#2573 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Not sure I follow?
All I knew was that skill shot to ramps and crypt award 2 mil while orbits award 1 mil. Or are you talking about something else?

I just realized it tonight - I was under the impression (though sods like I'm wrong) that the values changed... On my game at least (1.0.7.4) when I shoot a skillshot, I'll get a red or blue screen with items awarded. Like the score (1, 2 million) and "Ball Save" lit and such.

#2577 4 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Can anyone who has the rgb speaker leds post some information how they are connected ?
I don't have them in my machine but am interested in knowing how they are connected so I can add them myself (or other rgb mods..)
Thanks!

I posted a small PDF of wiring connections for coils. It's a key post (which I have no idea how to look for) but it's listed in my latest one.

#2590 4 years ago

I just need to get this out of my system:
AAAARRGGH!!

... Okay, I feel better. I'm on my way home from the office, and am just going to play my game.
I haven't gotten CLOSE to BDB yet, and likely won't. I recently noticed that some of the rooms were always being skipped. I wanted to know what they were! (Kitchen and Parlor). So I upped the difficulty, just so I could visit those rooms.

#2599 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

410 made it home yesterday, so far so good. The machine plays tough and really does pull you in well. The only adjustment needed to the machine was the magnet pattern, everything else works perfectly. Thanks again to everyone at Spooky![quoted image]

Oh, I'm glad to see your lock latch came intact! (I love this running gag, by the way..)

Quoted from Coyote:

[...] put blue flipper rubbers on the bottom flippers

Interesting follow-up note to this. Maybe the rubbers that came with my game were warped, or it's the material that put spin on the ball or something, but with the blue real rubbers I put on, I can very easily make the Secret passage loop now - so well that it will even count towards a Combo shot, which I've /never/ been able to do before. This makes me feel a lot better about that shot (and now, combos and quick-shots in

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently do ya'll have the ball drop into the outlane from the spiral return?

For me? Maybe 10% of the time it will end up in the outlane, or bouncing across the playfield.

Quoted from aeneas:

With all the discussions about playfield quality of other manufacturers, how is everyone's playfield ?
I see in mine some serious woodgrain in the artwork, in the center it's less visible, and the clear is smooth so you don't feel it. But is this normal, do others also have it ?[quoted image]

I don't have that, I do have dimpling if you look closely. In the upper PF, in the left "X" lane I have a small divot appearing, I'm guessing because the castle may be slightly too close to the PF and the ball's hitting.

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It would be nice on free play if there was an option for an extra ball.

Matches can never award extra balls - your game is over. And if you then continued it, your score would change. Replays, Specials can award Extra Balls. (I know in ACNC, you can set Replay to award an extra ball - that's what I do. I don't know if Specials even exist.)

#2637 4 years ago

+1 on Cliffys. I'm worried about my Mystery Hole scoop.

#2683 4 years ago

Hey guys - quick question:
My two lower drop targets have stopped dropping. It's almost as if the drop coil isn't strong enough. (Even after turning them up.) The latches seem to be binding.

Anyone run across this, and know the preferred fix?

#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

This worked for me:

I didn't even know that video existed. Awesome. Yes, that was my issue. When I was looking at it, I noticed that it (what he called the coil stop) seemed quite a bit away from the coil itself.

When I get a chance while making the ham, I will try this!

#2688 4 years ago

Stopped at the closest record store to my office yesterday, and had to pick this up..

IMG_20191128_161236 (resized).jpgIMG_20191128_161236 (resized).jpg
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/8oxO60k38kGSIPoJon4xCQ
Finally! I wish that this would have been available from day 1. Anyone with an Alice on the way, I'd recommend it. I will likely still order one although it doesn't protect the shooter lane.

No offense, but oh ghods no. Please. It's not like ACNC playfields are unobtanium, and if you clean and wax your field regularly, it'll last your lifetime. This plastic thing.. holy hell, the effect it would have on the ball makes me cringe.

#2708 4 years ago

Yes, awesome! Your coin door is complete!

#2714 4 years ago

Wanna hear some thoughts -
If ACNC had a "Midnight Madness" mode, what would you expect to happen?

I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't a Midnight Madness, and started thinking up ideas for such a thing.

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Not sure how they will respond, but I’d definitely use the auxiliary power board from PinballLife for any powered mods. I’d also suspect it will void your warranty. I know all too much on how FUBAR your pin can get with one electrical booboo.

This. I would even take it a step farther:
As someone who lost the power supply that feeds +5 and +12v, it is a SMALL supply. Stressing it could cause it to fail. I would find a small Mean Well supply, and just add it to the game, and power everything off of it. Another small supply should be found easily, and cheaply.

#2721 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

So a few weeks ago I started having an intermittent issue with the crypt lock triggering. I played 10 games last night with no issue, then suddenly it started locking without actually being hit. Spooky thought it might be a bad switch and told me to remove the glass and hit the playfield with my hand to see if I could replicate and isolate. I did that, but I haven't been able to replicate the issue. So now I'm starting to think it could be medisinyl crypt mod. The light shines down in the area where the opto is at. Is anyone else with the mod having a similar issue? The issue has been so intermittent that I'm having trouble tracking down the source.

Not 100% sure, but if it was a light-source shining into the opto, it wouldn't trigger a false activation, but would cause it to miss an ACTUAL activation. (i.e. NOT see the ball when it IS there..)

Since Optos are 'normally closed' when they're NOT activated, it's possible that there's an issue with a wire somewhere. Or, the opto is just starting to fail (entirely possible).

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Ok. I didn't know that a light source couldn't cause a false hit. It's definitely recognizing the actual hits. There are just a ton of false hits registering. I will just keep trying to replicate and track it down.

A lightly far-shot, but is your star post on the upper playfield (under the flipper across from the Cold Ethyl switch) loose? On my game, my little nylon nut fell off, and got stuck against the bottom drop target. It's possible that the opto is getting shorted because of the small nut. Just something to check. Also try cleaning the opto holes, just in case.

Good luck, am curious what you find.

#2729 4 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Was there any era on new code? My game came with 1.0.7.0, but seems some people have more recent.
The website just has ^.
I know it has been discussed, bit mainly looking forward to ball search enhancements until we get a bigger update.
I've had to take the glass off to find missing balls fairly often.

Per the post earlier, the next update is being worked on, and they're holding off until they get the reset / memory hog thing sorted.

#2738 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Get ahold of me specifically gryszzz. I'll take care of ya.

Please try to help him - I've done about all I can from a distance.

#2744 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

I was hoping for a Christmas present of code.
Hey I have one question. At Pincinnati, the ball got lost in the cabinet about 6 times. I figured it was probably Frank, but was never able to recreate the problem manually starting Frank mode. He would drop the balls down the 2 ramps successfully every time I tried. I'd reset it up, then another ball would get stuck a few hours later. What was the fix in this thread for when a ball ends up in the back of the cabinet? Is it ALWAYS Frank as the root cause?

Haven't ever had this happen, so I can't comment. Looking at the PF, could it be that your left ramp is missing a plastic cover over it, so that balls coming up TO Frank or the upper PF are flying off and down?

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Played 10 games last night before the issue started happening. The game started kicking multiple balls into the lane, triggering crypt when not actually hit, and prematurely ending balls due to having lost balls in play (up to 3 at one point). The 10 games before the issue were flawless. So I pulled the glass and tried triggering the optos like Spooky told me to do (by hitting the PF with my hand). No false triggers. Then I proceeded to check for loose hardware and connections as coyote and spookyluke suggested. I couldn't find any lose connections or hardware. All the drop down target mechs appear to be working properly, though they did seem to have a few rough spots during operation. I started to wonder if they are getting hung up mechanically leaving the switch opened/closed depending on the droptarget position. Finally I cleaned the optos, gave the PF a quick clean and put the glass back on. I played a 4 player co-op game and the issue did not persist. I'm pretty perplexed at this point. Everytime it has happened it's after the game has been played for a while. Almost like something is getting hot and malfunctioning.

Likely the opto in the end - it does sound like the opto *(or transmitter!) is overheating the longer it's on. I would see if you can get a replacement pair, and swap them out. If the issue continues, well, no problem in having a spare part for the future..

#2763 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The diverter on the top of the ramp might not be moving far enough or too far blocking the lock.

This - your "Lock Left" isn't low enough.

#2767 4 years ago
Quoted from superhawk2300:

Funny thing. I never had the Extra Ball light lit. After making my last post asking about it I played few games and I heard Alice call out TWICE "Go for the extra ball".
I did not chop the guillotine 1o times. Likely once or maybe twice or even zero times.
What the hell got me that sweet lit?

Like others have said, when you start your third Monster (via any way - either Secret Passage, Mystery Hole, Orbits, or Frankenstein's Monster multiball), it will light.

Well, I've just done my very first pinball mod ever. I removed the spinner from the left orbit. It was just killing the shots - its spins pretty rough and half the shots were not making it through or were making it through but not fast enough to get all the way through.

Huh, this is odd - my spinner provides no resistance at all. It's possible your spinner was just needing some adjustment..

#2771 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

so hopefully undamaged inside

Remember! Check your coin door!!

#2778 4 years ago

Looking for a guinea pig to test out a Mod. Just need one person. If interested, please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

#2781 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The metal tab on the first crypt target drop solenoid keeps bending out of wack, has happened twice first week owning it. Maybe the spring is too strong and needs to be stretched out?

Yeah, I discovered this before as well. They say there's a stronger part available, on mine I just weakened the spring slightly, which seemed to help.

Quoted from manadams:

Also my game resets after two complete games like clockwork, I'm guessing the next code update is the fix for this?[quoted image]

They're apparently working on it.

#2783 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Looking for a guinea pig to test out a Mod. Just need one person. If interested, please drop me a PM.
Thanks!

Anyone? I promise this will NOT blow up your game.

...If it DOES, it can be VERY easily fixed.

#2808 4 years ago

So anyone got a list of differences in difficulty level from Easy Action, to the default Schools Out, to Nightmare?

Right now, as I believe it, the only difference is how many 'rooms' you travel per orbit. The default, 'School's Out' will send you two. The hardest, 'Nightmare', sends you only one. I believe that the easiest sends you three up, so the next orbit shot will award the Monster.

#2816 4 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Lets not kid ourselves, the GI on these P-roc games is awful. Hopefully Spooky can fix this in the future.

I have no problem with it on my game. Though, I also don't play the game in the complete dark.

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m thinking about joining the club and have only played this a couple of times. I have two questions for the owners
1) is this relatively young kid friendly?
2) how is the quality? I heard these can be plagued with issues
I know you all probably love it but please let me know your thoughts

1. Personally, I would think it would depend more on the parent OF the kid than the kid. There's no swearing (as far as I've heard yet) and the artwork is clean, if spooky. Some of the song lyrics could be taken the wrong way, and I think that's the worst of it.

2. It can go either way - I've had issues, but nothing more than I've eveer had back in the 90's with WMS or DE/Sega games. Others here have had worse luck, and a lot have had better.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I spam this in a few threads. Alice cooper will be playing right across the street (1 block) from the Midwest Gaming Classics in Milwaukee WI next year. The show is Saturday April 4th. He will be playing at the Miller Highlife theater. tickets on sale now! use promo code POISON. I got my tickets see you there
[quoted image]

Make sure to invite him to the MGC! Seriously!

#2877 4 years ago

I just noticed while playing today that shooting the Guillotine during a monster mode - even modes that have nothing to do with it (like Werewolf) - do NOT award you a "Chop".

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Hmmm, I didn't notice that before either. I'll have to verify this.

I was let down, as duiring the Werewolf, I got a good 3 or 4 shots up the Guillotine, and when the mode ended, I was still at "9 shots to Extra Ball". I was really bummed.

#2884 4 years ago

With all the attention on R&M, likely this will get lost here, but..

If anyone does NOT have the little plastic disk over their center magnet, *and* is having issues with the ball save, *AND* wants to beta-test a software solution, please send me a PM.

#2886 4 years ago
Quoted from snailskin:

Finally got mine! #239 checking in!

Wow, nice!

#2895 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

With the R&M fervor... I’m curious to see what happens with the ACNC code. Seems like a lot of owners are expecting some sort of massive code update that uncorks a ton of new rules, fleshed out code within rooms, etc.
I’m really not sure what to expect

There was talk a handful of pages back that there was an update coming. (Don't know about "massive"..) Supposedly they're holing back until the memory leak can be found.

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Different programmer for Rick and Morty . Hope that gives Fawzma A nice window of time to work on ACNC , I would like to see weapons to be found in rooms that help you battle the monsters .

Sadly, I don't think it's going to be a thing. But I really, REALLY hope I'm wrong.

#2897 4 years ago

Yeah, no mention of re-adding a feature that was removed, sadly.

#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

The Beta code has known issues. I just run it because it solved the problem of Frank not raising up all the way and releasing balls. I don't know if they removed the guillotine shot counting during monster modes. If that is what you're referring to.

Apparently pinside removed your quote, as my message of "yeah, no mention of reintroducing code that was removed" was in reply to your double-quoted message here:

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Back to ACNC really hoping for a code update soon! Im on beta code .6 and end of ball bonuses are not being added, that can be a game changer for some people in tournament play. I had a 4x11 mil bonus last night in tournament that i didn't get, but luckily didn't need it. It was a good trade off with the code as an operator though as it fixed franks sticky balls. I was in there every day or every other day freeing a stuck ball. Havent had to free a ball in 2+ weeks since on the new code. Earnings are up as there is less downtime. I've noticed a handful of other bugs i think, but will need to try and replicate them. One thing i think i noticed was having mystery lit during crypt multi ball activated mystery instead of giving a crypt jackpot. There were some other weird mystery shot things which seemed to act different in different modes, like not award the mystery in certain modes(just kicks ball back out, even though lit), or unlighting mystery after the mode.

You're on 1.0.7.6? Or something before that?

If on that, any tips appreciated on how the flying fuck to get in touch with whoever I NEED to be in touch with for beta-testing would be helpful. Was told I was on the beta team, but then silence since October. From ALL the Spooky accounts.

I'm looking forward to what they can do, and am about to have some people test new magnet ballsave code, making it somewhat more reliable.

Quoted from KingHebes:

Also, any chance of getting a lcd panel upgrade for ACNC? One like on RAM would make the screen more visible.

Likely since R&M use the same hardware, once it's release, you can contact them and order a screen and use it. I didn't see enough of the game in the video to notice a difference in the screen though.

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I think he's talking about the fold down speaker/LCD panel Charlie shows in video. It seems to tilt back also. This is a great improvement!
Also, I would like to upgrade the LCD to a better quality IPS panel that doesn't suffer from off axis viewing angles. Watch the display on your knees and notice how nice it pops with better black level. Ya I'm anal!

Aah, I missed that!

Seeing how the LCD used uses HDMI in, find one the same size of the panel, and you should be able to switch them out. I, personally, would look for an OLED one.

#2951 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I looked into OLED. Too expensive and not necessary.

Agreed. Personally, even an IPS isn't necessary. I have no issue with the one that's in the game. Plus, once I moved it down to the lower mounting holes, I can see the top of the screen now.

Quoted from 27dnast:

My crypt lock is registering hits all on its own, causing balls to launch.

The only switch that causes a Crypt Lock to happen is the opto behind the drop target. If the game sees that as being blocked, then it'll award you the lock.

For this issue, I'm 95% sure it's still a hardware issue - anything from vibrations to a bad mounting angle of the opto, to the opto starting to fail. (Hell, it COULD even be a bad switch board or wiring.) Something time-relate like this would NOT be software - *especially since they're rebooting the game code every 'x' games to fix the memory leak*.

The trough kicking out multiple balls into the shooter lane IS a software issue. And one I hope they did fix in the next release.

According to Spooky, the only thing they 'don't know' how to fix yet is the memory leak - which is why the temporary fix of rebooting the game every 'x' times is occuring.

Edit to add: Regarding Crypt - I'm meaning during normal gameplay mode. There ARE software issues with Frank Multiball and Ethyl Modes.

#2955 4 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Hi. Curious, what is the specific issue with Ethyl Mode? Last night I had Ethyl running along with Crypt Multiball. I got the ball to the UP and scored the Ethyl jackpot--then both flippers went dead. The balls drained, and the game resumed play on the next ball like nothing had happened. I didn't tilt the game so it wasn't something I did. This is probably the first time I have seen this happen. Not a show stopper and hoping it was a one off. Just wondering if that is the software issue with Ethyl.... Thanks.

Esentuially, the game will get confused on how many balls were out, should be out. I've had cases where I've LOCKED a ball in the Crypt, and it gave me a ball out of the trough - and when I drained one, I had the best single-ball multiball going. (Because the game thought thtere was still two out there.) Once I unlocked the locked Crypt ball, the game recovered when I drained.

Quoted from 27dnast:

I haven’t looked yet... but there’s not a physical switch that lets the game know when the target is down or up?

There is - but the crypt lock will treat it as locked regardless of the drop target state, and the opto is blocked for a quarter of a second or longer. And there appears to be no correction handed if the switch suddenly becomes 'unblocked' after that quarter second. But, since the opto is unblocked now, if it happens again, it just replays the Crypt Lock animation.

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'd like to see future code limit the ball saves (or include menu options to limit ball saves).
Hint

Curious - limit how? The duration? When it's active?

#2980 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Question for owners regarding this memory leak issue. After how many games goes it reboot as a temporary fix in the code? Has Spooky said when they expect it to be resolved?

Quoted from kermit24:

Oh I thought there was a temporary "fix" that automatically rebooted the machine after a certain number of plays.

Quoted from Chuckwebster:

by default it resets after every game, but there is a setting that will attempt to reset it when necessary. from what i understand this isn't a perfect solution because if you're in a really long game it could reset in the middle of it.

There is no set pattern. If you have the "Settings -> Machine (Standard) -> Recycle After Game" set to 'On', then at the end of every game it will will kill and restart itself. If you have it set to "Disable", it will never restart itself. If it is set to "Off", it will check available memory at the end of every game, and if it's below a set number will kill itself.

Quoted from JustEverett:

I've never had the reboot issue, though I do notice some lag on the display from time to time. I'm not sure if that's part of the memory issue, but I've seen Spooky saying it will be resolved with the update.

Could be you're on a version before the auto-kill was implemented, OR, you have the above setting to 'Disable'.

Quoted from kermit24:

When is the update expected?

They're still looking at it. Once they get it, it'll be posted.

#2986 4 years ago

yeah, it *IS* code-dependant.

#3005 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I'm in you sons of bitches! No issues out of box.[quoted image][quoted image]

What number??

#3010 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

293![quoted image]

Nice!!

#3017 4 years ago

*Ball drains during ball save
*Alice: "You're not getting away that easy!"
*Ball immediately drains on the ensuing re-serve
"Hold my beer, Alice!"

ROFL!

#3042 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I got it for what second hand ACNC go for without butter add on, no worries!!!

You can also just send Spooky an email, give them your game number and see what they have on record.

#3044 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Good idea, might do just that.

May take a while, but then you know for sure.

#3057 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

So i came in today to my location and noticed frank didn't rise up when i entered settings like he usually does. I then noticed 2 balls stuck in his left lock. I cleared the balls but frank is not working. Has anyone had this happen? Where should i start looking?

Check the fuse in the backbox, over to the right of the CPU board. (Far right side of the back panel.)

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah hearing "Your a regular ghost buster aren't you" after crypt multi ball every time gets stale. I think this has been suggested before but the mystery shot has no mystery to it when it's start monster mode the first time every time.

Quoted from 27dnast:

Agreed. That not being randomized definitely gets stale

I't not random at all. It was posted here by one of the Spooky guys that the first award is Monster, second "2 Rooms", then "1 Room". Because of how the software (read: ion current revision) is set up, right now those are the only awards it can /ever/ give.

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think that's the point. When you hit something called Mystery Hole, and a bunch of options cycle through the screen, it would be more exciting to have radom awards awarded (whether intended or not). I can't think of many... if any... games that have a mystery scoop that issues the same awards in the same order every single game.
The entire point of a mystery award is to have something that awarded that isn't expected. No?

Oh, I agree 100% with you. And I really like some of the awards displayed but never awarded, like "Tile Next Player".

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Not necessarily. Most pins, if they are in Competition mode, the mystery awards are generally in order.

Competition mode, yes.
This game has no Competition mode (MAYBE 'Coop 2 player'?). If it's not a mystery, don't label it as 'mystery', name it the "Helping Igor", or "Helping Hand" hole.

Again, personally, I'd love to see it be a mystery. With a lot of the strange awards that are displayed:
"Go To Jail"
"Battle Igor" (maybe start Igor's monster mode, regardless of what monster is lit?)
"Battle Mummy"
"Activate Kitchen Army" (this could just be fuckin' strange.)
"Tilt Next Player" (only awarded in 2+ player games, next player gets a random amount of time before their ball tilts.)
"Add 3000 Volts" (with the new matt players stand on, can shock the current player)
"Activate Secret Mini Playfield"
"Battle Werewolf" (see above on Igor)
"Damage Monster"

And those are just the ones that are already listed in the videos that are played. Can do any number of other things, like force the next player BACK two rooms. TAKE a million points from your (or another player's) score.

IMHO, though, all of this is pudding on the cake. The other, base lever software needs work. For example, there is no software handling of bad locks. (For example - you have a drop target broken. So you can never lock a ball for Crypt Multiball. Right now, you'll never be able to START Crypt Multiball because of that. The game has an autoplunger which means that it can compensate - award you the lock, and ten the next time you shot up there, start Crypt Multiball and fire a ball out from the trough. Same with Frankenstein lock.
To me, these are more important that adding mystery awards and such.

#3125 4 years ago

*whistles innocently*

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Mystery hole award: you get put in the stretch/torture device... have to hit shots to break yourself free. If you hit the wrong shot (like werewolf), you get stretched. Hit 3 or 4 wrong shots, and the game auto drains your ball with some cool light sequence, maybe splitting lights apart on top and bottom halves of the game

Oh, nice.

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Really dig this idea! Along a similar line, you could have a "poisoned" award and have to hit correct timed shots to drink the anti-venom/elixer/whathaveyou.

Something like this - and 27dnast 's idea could easily be tied to objects found in the rooms. i.e. If you happen to be in the kitchen, you maybe have a better chance at finding the antidote. (Or, better yet - you could find the antidote and keep it in your 'inventory', so that if the Mystery Hole gives you the poison award, you're off scott free.

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

You must all mostly be home use players only? Tilt next player or any other method (missing shots locks flippers) that causes a player to drain not on their own accord are terrible ideas. If i was paying a dollar a game to play pinball with a buddy for fun i would be pissed if either of us got "tilt next player". Its hard enough to try and get to the wizard mode(i still haven't done it on acnc) i don't need any more extra reasons to drain.

If I'm playing against someone, and I was tilted because of that, I would laugh. Regardless of how much I paid for a game. It's part f the game, and I would enjoy it.

(And no, i haven't gotten to BDB yet either.)

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So not the normal Hurry Up at end of mode, but another hurry up jackpot?

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I was playing Cold Ethyl mode yesterday and that big scary descending sound occurred during the mode after some successful jackpot shots and I just decided to wait and see what happened. The mode ended? This was not the normal hurry up target shot that occurs at the end of modes. Can anyone explain this?

I believe you're referring to Ethyl's "Super Jackpot".

After you get two balls up there, you have multiball going. If you shoot up into the Mini PF, and let it drain into the Crypt, it will "catch" the ball (MAY also do this if you shoot the Crpyt Directly, not 100% sure). The arrow will light up in a pattern, and you have a limited amount of time to get the OTHER ball up there. (For me, it's easier to shoot the Mini PF.) The tone will drop, and if you don't get it up there fast enough, it'll release the held ball, making you start over. If you get it up there, you'll get a super jackpot.

#3144 4 years ago

The strange thing is that I was able to figure that out.

But then, I **STILL** cannot figure out what the "Runs" are on the high score table. Sometimes I beat my old one, get to enter in my initials.

What the hell is a 'Run'?

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Dunfielder:

Do you mean the speed run times?Basically how fast you finish a mode. Default is 240 sec on all of them. And all modes have speed run records. I like it. Something else to compete over!

Ah! Okay! I had no idea what that meant. Thank you!

#3153 4 years ago

As a side note, any operators? Whether you got the acceptor door as an addon when ordering, or later by switching them out -
300-bill magazines will not fit. Sadly, the cutout in the playfield is mis-aligned. You're stuck with a 200-bill magazine.

#3160 4 years ago

Okay, dumb question -
I hear and see you guys posting about your "center post" and the rubber on it.

My game has no "center post" with that rubber sleeve. The only sleeves are at the entrances to each ramp. What 'post' are you guys talking to on "center post"?

#3165 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

[quoted image]

Ah, thank you!!

#3166 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

I want to add a couple spotlights for mood. Anyone know where to tap into for power? Since it's all color changing g.i. I'm lost.

If your spots are going to be constant on, then tie into the cabinet in the back with the 5v power supply. Otherwise, you will need to create a splitter to split the signal wires from one of the GI RGo connectors. Note that you can NOT connect an incandescent (*OR* LEDs that draw too much current!) up this way, you could fry your board.

#3170 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Does Spooky use dual-wound coils like Williams did?

Yes. That's why there's a "Flipper Power" and "Flipper Hold" in the Coil list.

#3173 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That doesn't really mean anything. A single wound coil with PWM would still have two settings.

The two coils in coil test have different addresses. While yes, it could, it wouldn't list two different coils for the same wiring then.

#3179 4 years ago

Yeah, they're gorgeous. I plan on getting a PF just to put up and display.

I DO have dimpling on my field, but nothing like I've seen from some of the "other companies". (And nothing that didn't exist with a NIB WMS or DE game back in the 90's)

#3197 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

On “slap save pinball podcast” Scott mentioned that they upgraded the computer in Rick and Morty from
ACNC. It makes it easier to change visual effects apparently. I wonder if this will indeed be the last code update given the extra work required and the game run complete

No, not at all.
It's an upgraded CPU. It's still P-ROC Hardware. In fact, if you want an upgraded computer for your ACNC, you can get one! You just need the OS image to image onto it.

Since the developer/programmer for ACNC is different than the one working on RAM, I think we're safe - at least from THAT perspective. (There are OTHER reasons why updates may not come, like cost, time, etc, but... I'm not commenting on those.)

#3200 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

And where do we get that?

You would need to contact Spooky for that, I assume. The ACNC CPU is one of these: https://up-board.org/ (I believe the standard one.) Which means there's an operating system installed (and if you watch it boot up, it looks like a Linux variant!), which then launches the game software.

#3209 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Display mod...
After tilting back display, we get this..
[quoted image][quoted image]
So we need a bezel. But first, I used two 1" post sleeves and two 1-1/4" #6 screws to slant display back.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Also, I used two slightly longer screws for the bottom of display mounting. I just used two nuts as washers (in pic) the originals were too short to grab enough.
[quoted image]
But first we need two drill two new mounting screw holes for bottom display exactly 1/4" above the original hole (I epoxied the old holes).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Also I removed the shit plastic display cover. It's not needed and dirt gets in there which will force you to remove display to clean it out. Just carefully push it out with you fingers.
[quoted image]
The two top screws with sleeve posts can be marked after you set display in place with lower mounting screws. I carefully marked the hole location with a scratch-all and drilled out some wood for screws.
I also repositioned the speaker light ring and trimmed the speaker mesh to clean things up around the side bezels we are going to install. You need to cut some zip tie straps to do this, so get a bag of 4" tie straps at hardware store for this project.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Now, get some thin Polystyrene Plastic Sheet and some plastic friendly black paint.
[quoted image]
Now you need to measure and cut out the three bezel pieces.
[quoted image]
Then spray paint both sides..
I used a hot glue gun to glue the plastic bezel pieces to wood edge where display window was installed.
[quoted image]
Now I just used Gorilla tape to tape top bezel to display mounting bracket and around each corner.
[quoted image]
Here is the finished result. Awesome sharp image that pops!!!! No light blead from back box or speaker lights. Fit and finished!!
[quoted image]
** Now keep in mind that the display opening is a little too small for the display. The bottom mounting holes that were drilled 1/4" above the originals is key here! Any higher and too much display top gets cut off. Any lower and too much bottom gets cut off. This is as perfect as you can get it. I suspect that the display controller is not functional for adjusting the screen positions because it's a Linux variant OS and display drivers are limited. So this is the best we can do. Some could enlarge the display hole 1/4" if they have a router. I don't have one or I might have done it. But I'm 6'3" tall and the top display scores still gets slightly cut off, but it did before I moved it. No biggy though.

Awesomely well done! May have to tackle this a some point! My craft skills *suck*, though, sadly.

#3229 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

You can Not hook to any controlled bulb. They are addressable. It will not work, gi hook up is coin door bulbs. Flasher to shaker motor.
Magicchiz

No, the BULBS are not 'addressable'. They have 4 connections: +5v, R driver, B driver, and G driver. The addressing is all done on the P-ROC's lamp boards.

Don't believe me? Take one plug off a GI and swap it with a nearby lamp. You will notice that the controlling now affects the new lamp, follows the wire. Not the old lamp.

NOW - however, as I mentioned earlier - the lamp boards were NOT DESIGNED to handle high-current. You will fry the drivers on the board. LED only, and low-current ones at that!

#3232 4 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I think it is 3.3v at the board based on P-ROC diagrams.

you could be right - i was going from memory and aren't that familiar with the power requirements on lamps yet.

Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

I guess this might explain the issues of tying into these connections for PinStadium Fusions .. fighting a lamp chip, not just tying into the signal?

Kinda - I don't know what the PinStadiums need, I THOUGHT they just looked for a change in voltage (or drew power straight from) a flasher or something. If they're not just watching voltage levels (Driver high, flasher off. Driver low, flasher on.) and using current through the flasher driver circuit, then connecting it to a driven lamp could fry the P-Roc board, sadly.

#3238 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

To the rack you go!Oh, please! It means I'm just a couple orbits from the next Monster!

As for me, I don't need any extra light in my game. I like it being on the dark side (not too dark I can't see the ball, mind you), and the ambient lighting in my room does really well.

#3241 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just a clarification on this. The memory leak is not a Multimorphic P3-ROC issue. It is a software issue on the PC.

I said the exact same thing earlier in the thread. It's not hardware, but software.

#3243 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So are they using a different software platform then?

No. It's still PRoc hardware. It's just the CPU/Computer used to run the PRoc hardware. Sounds like they're using something more powerful than an SBC.

#3245 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

That's hardware, not software? If they're using the same software base (which I'd assume they are), seems like they'd still have a memory leak, unless it's an error in the Alice-specific code somehow

No, they will still be using SkeletonGame and the Python PinProc libraries. Same software. Just different host system that's used to run the Python to talk to the PRoc boards.

Sorry, realize my previous reply was a little confusing.

#3248 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So, still same possibility for memory leak

Yup. But - IMHO, no. This is just gut feelings here, but:
The memory leak in ACNC was caused by the developer or the topper code. Since ACNC's developer isn't on R&M, and won't have the topper code, likely they will not have the issue.

That's NOT saying they wouldn't have OTHER issues. And not saying that the current developer won't run into other issues, as the 'SkeletonGame' framework works great - unless you try to do something custom. Then it's a hairy mess.

#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from Ripshill:

Hey all.
Ran into a bit of an issue with my Alice Cooper machine this evening. The machine continually fails to start up and is in a constant restart loop. One of the the phrases it keeps saying is “Started Getty on tty1”. It then goes to the loading screen, the loading bar populates and then it simply restarts.
I have a tourney tomorrow and need this machine up and running. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I am hoping someone else has had a similar experience and knows how to fix it.

Send me a PM, please.
Your CPU may have gone bad. There's something we can try, but if it fails, you will need to contact Spooky support.

#3299 4 years ago

Oy. I am REALLY torn.

Do you think that if you have "SAVE" lit, AND ball-saver is active, if you drain down an outlane it should terminate your "SAVE"? I can kinda see it going both ways.

Along the same lines, if you drain with the Secret Passage lit, and then start the next ball and hit a Skill Shot that does NOT award the Secret Passage, should the Secret Passage remain lit?

#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No. I think I submitted a bug report about this.

Why would you lose something you've already lit because you got a skillshot? Doesn't make sense

Don't have to be argumentative.
On my game, .4, this happens. I agree with you, it was unexpected.

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Is it the orbits that don't light the secret passage?
On mine (.0), if I light secret passage, drain, and then skill shot the right orbit, the secret passage stays lit.

Don't know which ones do or don't. Some skillshots only award "Ball Save". When I just played a game where on Ball 2 I shot the skillshot that lit the secret passage. I drained pretty effin' fast. Next ball, Ball 3, I shot the skillshot that only awarded 'Ball Save'. And my Secret Passage was no longer lit.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I'm running the BETA code, link below...
** I don't seem to have some of these problems you guys speak of above with game play bugs.
* There are other issues with this Beta Code. It did solve the intermittent problem where Frank doesn't always raise up to the proper height set in the servo menu thus not releasing balls.
[Removed Link]

Did they say it was publically ok to post the beta code? (Not being snarky, it's an honest question, because I was never told one way or the other! )

#3324 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Does anyone have their volume turned up past 5? This thing’s louder than a Who concert.

Mine is at 12, and it's comfortable. If I want it loud, I'll go up to 14.

#3388 4 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Hearing a higher pitchy "ping" sound anytime hit right flipper. Suggestions?

Coil stop. It's loose, or worn unevenly. Assuming it's mechanical noise, and not something your game is playing out of the speakers.

#3394 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

wapped out those slick, bouncy, purple flipper rubbers (are they superbands?) that came with the game for some generic Stern black ones I had lying around, and my god does The Coop play so much better now. This game is so much trap/control & aim, so being able to trap/control more easily is pretty key. Might trade 'em out for some purple standard or purple silicones

Oh ghods yes. I put blue standard rubber on mine, and .. love it far, far better.

#3398 4 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

Does it come with a manual

Not yet. Manual hasn't been finalized.

#3403 4 years ago

For the record, in my game I haven't had any GI/Sling issues. I HAVE had an insert LED go bad (lost Green in it) but once it happened, it was permanent.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Loose connection seems odd... usually, that would mean that the lamp simply would not work if the connections was "broken". Instead, we have the wrong functionality taking place.

Not really. These RGB lamps are driven with a driver for each color.

Tech background, for anyone ever needing to do work:
The LEDs have 4 wires going to them:
One is the +Voltage.
The other three are drivers for Red, Green, Blue.
The lamp controllers ground the R, G, and B drivers, which will light up the LED's color. So, if I ground R and B, Red and Blue will be on, giving a violet.
If the +V is loose, then yes, the whole light will go out.
If one of the DRIVER lines is making a loose connection, then the colors displayed will be .. everything WITHOUT that color. For example, to get 'White', all RGB drivers must be on. If the 'Green' driver has a bad connection, then you'll get Violet. For a perfect example, see here. This is my Insert I lost Green on: https://i.imgur.com/bUzS9Ii.mp4

Quoted from Halfwasted:

So is the new code finished on Alice Cooper but the code cannot be installed due to the limitations of the Proc memory leak?

The code is mostly finished. As stated before, the 'memory leak' isn't in the PROC system, but the game code. And they're holding off releasing it until they have that bug squashed.
Edit: See above.

#3410 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

coyote Thanks for the tech lesson, I really appreciate it! You never let us down! Is it safe to assume that the lamps on the TNA PinballLife page are also correct for ACNC?

Yup, they are. And will be used in R&M as well.

I've actually workjed on designing my own little RGB insert board with a brighter LED. I'm waiting to get some parts in, but am curious. The blue color in the inserts seems to be a little weak, IMHO.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

"technically" Chris from Spooky is writing it since he is the one that helps out with the Spooky tech support, but since I am also that person, then yes, it is me.

Jeez, I'm not surprised that ya'll at Spooky have Multiple Personality Disorder..

#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Asking a favor for myself and others in the Rick and Morty thread... Can someone that ordered their ACNC with the bill validator door option post a picture of what their coin door looks like? We want to see the layout of the door from the front of the machine as compared to the regular doors which there are a ton of pictures of. I am assuming that they are using the same doors on the R&M builds, so just seeing it would be nice. With Pinovators coming out with a headphone/volume system for Spooky pins, a bunch of us will probably be ordering the bill acceptor models for use with the Pinovator system, if in fact they are using that door like they did on JJP machines.
Thanks in advance!
Also, Spooky is going to offer powdercoated coin doors now as one of their upgrade options. A picture of the PC coin door was posted in the R&M thread. Looks great matching the armor!

F
If you need one with the vakidator installed, lemme know.

#3433 4 years ago

since they are all the same bulb, i would remove another one and try it in the bad one's spot first. this way you will be able to determine if it is the bulb or something else.

Quoted from xeneize:

DOH!
Thanks, kingpingames for the simple yet "bright" (pun intended) idea!

May actually be easier to just unplug tweo of them, and flip the wires. But yes, I was going to suggest this next.

#3472 4 years ago

SPOILERS!

#3474 4 years ago

so, here it is.
Pinside rule #1 "Be Nice!"[quoted image]

THANK you, by the way!

#3476 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Sorry. BDB is hard enough to get to (only got there with co-op). The first time I made I was very excited and all of sudden it shut down and drained. Now I understand a little more on why. I’m not sure I’ll ever make it there solo...I only made it to “In the Zone” 1 time in eight years of owning the game. I thought I’d share some insights to give that rare time of getting there a chance at beating it, or at least the fun of kinda knowing what to do. I’ll preface any additional info with “SPOILER ALERT”

Oh, I know. I'm also kinda tongue in cheek. The CLOSEST I've gotten to BDB has been.. 7 monsters. Eventually, i will get there, but.. it'll be a fun path trying to.

#3483 4 years ago

it was actually your diagram and sheet that gave me the motivation to get it finished. it has been done for a bit now, but need to be proofed and verified. Rick and Morty (I still want to call it Haunted House Party) did delay that a bit.
Thank you!I'm glad that my work kicked you in the ass to finish it up. I like how you did the lights. I was going to tackle that next, before you contacted me.

Many, MANY thanks to coyote for his regular insight/support and to kingpingames for the many hours invested to provide ACNC owners with a proper manual - you both should be hands-down TWIPY winners in my book!

I seriously wanna see Spooky succeed. I will volunteer all my time helpin' out here. With personal experience with the computer and software, I lean more towards that area. But by no means am I paid or given recognition by Spooky in anything I help with, which is why a few times I had to end with, 'Uh, contact Spooky Support - I don't know that.'.

I wasn't able to preorder an R&M, since I got my ACNC so late, and I gotta build up finances. However, I was greatly pleased about seeing Spooky do R&M was not nexessarily the theme in particular, but the fact that.. it's NOT a "Horror" pin. I like horror, but.. not as much as the next guy. I was worried that their lineup would be 99% games I had no interest in because of the running theme.

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi
I’m considering this pin for purchase.
Love the theme and the dots and art.
But I have read in the reviews and in this topic some issues.
What do you the owners think about the game. Thanks for your help in advance.
Bart

Honestly, bet modern game I have. (Non-modern is my Twilight Zone , but I'm biased.)

#3524 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Please have the rooms added....

"Rooms added"? What rooms are missing?

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

My understanding is there aren't rooms missing, just things to do in those rooms as you work your way through the Castle. Think stretch points in the dungeon.

Oh, I know about that, but he specifically said "have the rooms added", which is what I was curious to find out what he actually meant.

#3535 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

When playing on factory settings you skip rooms on your way up to the monster, so maybe just doesn't realize the rooms are in there. I thought some were missing for the longest time til a mystery award put me in the kitchen. I would like to see the room travel mixed up a little bit so it doesn't feel like i jumped out the window and back through the front door with each monster

Yah, that was my thought perhaps - the difficulty level is what adjusts this.

May talk with @kingpingames and see about getting descriptions for settings up in the manual, a-la 90s WPC manuals.

#3537 4 years ago

It's on the agenda once code is polished up.

Ah, good. I have a screenshot to share with you later this weekend. May be helpful.

#3553 4 years ago

I am going to reset my high scores when we get the new software.

QJ0lSdM (resized).jpgQJ0lSdM (resized).jpg

There are too many bugs in the current version that allows one to take advantage of and get .. elevated high scores.

#3568 4 years ago

Of course. But then you start over at the beginning after the monster battle and you still don't see the deeper rooms, right?

Actually, in anything but the hardest level, you never see the CLOSE (outer? Towards the Foyer?) rooms. Easy you skip the FIRST two levels of rooms. Medium you skip the FIRST level of rooms. So, on setting "Nightmare", you are actually getting to all of them - unless you use a secret passage.

#3573 4 years ago

"Advance To Monster"
"Advance 2 Rooms"
"Advance 1 Room"

Then repeat, I believe. (There MAY be a 4th one, but if so, i can't recall right now at work.)

#3576 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

How do I know or does anyone know how many leds can be added to the 5v coin-door lamp circuit without having to add an additional power supply? I'm adding some colored spotlights but obviously don't want to overload the circuit? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Pictured: Skull mountain with and without a blue spotlight. I love it. Really makes the side art POP![quoted image][quoted image]

I think it was stated before, but I would get another small Mean Well power supply and use that instead. That way, it will also isolate your board's from potential issues by adding more LEDs..

#3582 4 years ago

Again, I'm going to toot the horn of Spooky's service.

Found out my left wireform had been malformed before it went into powdercoating. I never noticed until a few days ago, when I went to wax my field and noticed my balls were knickered. (Pun intended.) Started looking around, and noticed this:
atcsR9G (resized).jpgatcsR9G (resized).jpg
I contacted Spooky, asking for a price on the wireform. Technically I don't think it's 'broken', just malformed, but they went ahead and are shipping me another one. Unexpected.

#3594 4 years ago

1/2 amp at 5 volts

Keep in mind that if your LEDs are of the 5v type, .5 of an amp is 500ma - you will not be able to get a LOT of LEDs connected to this before overloading the board. I believe that PinStadiums and those other types are 12v, so that gives you a little extra leeway there.

#3596 4 years ago

With all the power talk, when I get home tonight - if I have the time - I am going to measure the current draw off the 5v and 12v rails on the power supply. Will post the details here. That will at least help people and let us know how close to max the *current* power supplies are being drawn. (No need to worry about the 48v supply..)

#3599 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Doesn't the 48v supply have a "power budget" as well?

Yeah, but the coils aren't a *continuous* draw. (Except for a few, like the magnets - but even then the draw is no more than one or two seconds). For those that pulse, the draw would be less than their 100% on draw as well. Things that really pulse (the LED speakers, start button, launch button) are driven off of +12v, so they wouldn't affect this.

All coils firing at the same time would likely blow the power supply, yes. So, how would a good benchark reading be on it? Only 1 coil firing? 2? 4? Half?

With the +5v and +12v, LEDs and the boards run off of those, so that there is at least a constant draw. When I measure the draw, I will do it with all GI and Inserts on white (so the R, G, and B channels are all drawing power). When reading the +12, I will try to get it with the Start, backbox, Launch button lights all lit up too.

Quoted from dnapac:

Additional Mean Wells are about $20...for me, it’s worth it to avoid damage to my $8000 machine

Yup, i agree completely. As someone who lost the smaller power supply after the first game played on it, I am still curious about what's being drawn off of it.

#3606 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welp.
I personally don't like Spooky's offered topper.

I'm just going to buy my game a top hat like Alice's.

#3608 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

This would work in the event that I want the spotlights on all the time. However, I think that it would be cheaper and easier (for someone with such skills) to create a y-adapter to attach to the GI so that the spotlights would work in unison and match the light-show. There are game effects, where the play-field is intentionally dark and I don't want to mess that up.[quoted image]

Oh ghods, no. You will blow your LED driver board.

The LED driver board can ONLY handle a max of 22mA per driver. (22mA for Red, 22mA for Blue, 22mA for Green.) You start connecting up more than one, and you run the serious risk of frying a driver and costing you.. $70 plus shipping from P-Roc / Multimorphic's website. (For full specs, see here: https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/pd-led/ )

#3613 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

With all the power talk, when I get home tonight - if I have the time - I am going to measure the current draw off the 5v and 12v rails on the power supply. Will post the details here. That will at least help people and let us know how close to max the *current* power supplies are being drawn. (No need to worry about the 48v supply..)

Okay, here are my findings. While I used a commercial-grade multimeter, it's intended for railroad use, so isn't calibrated to fast changes in current. (This means that there may have been some peaks higher and lower than what I have measured below, but they were short enough to where my meter couldn't or didn't read them.)

+5v Rail
3.505 amp Max
2.555 amp, all inserts/GI "Red"
2.281 amp, all inserts/GI "Green"
2.222 amp, all inserts/GI "Blue"
3.180 amp, all inserts/GI "White"
1.750 amp, all inserts/GI "Off"

+12v Rail
1.770 amp, attract mode, Backbox and Start button lit.

The max on the +5v rail occurred during bootup, likely when the computer initialized all the PRoc boards. It never got that high again while messing in the Tet Menus -> LED test.
The +12v rail was pretty steady during attract mode.

While I had the game open, I forgot to get the part number of the Mean Well power supply. However, I believe it's a +5v 5 amp, +12v 3 amp. KingPinGames can correct me if I'm wrong. This means that when peaked, the stock, game power supply only has about 1 amp worth of extra handling power on the +5v rail (to be safe).

#3616 4 years ago

Is there a way to know what modes (or any other situations) don't score chops, so we don't waste the time doing them for no reason?

AFAIK, Chops ONLY count when NO mode is running. This includes when Crypt Multiball is not running.

My first time fighting Frank more than once in the same game. The second time I had to knock down the target twice. Does the amount of times you have to knock down the target always equal the number of times you are fighting Frank?

I believe yes - I've gotten to battle Frank three times once, and cannot recall now how many times I had to knock down the upper target.

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Ive also noticed the target in the back of the upper playfield will activate the drop target on the first multiball but none after

Yeah, that's correct. I've seen that.

Quoted from twhtalm:

I think it takes a few more hits of the Vampire target after the first monster multiball. Several times I have seen a big yellow target on the display and a number of hits to go, it seems to reset the count if you drop from the upper playfield.

I don't think it resets the WHOLE count, but it DOES reset the drop target - so if you have one hit left, hit the upper drop target it will then stay down. BUT, if the ball then leaves the upper playfield, it will reset the drop target, requiring you to knock it down again. (This is, IMHO, a bug. The drop target should just stay down.)

#3628 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

It feels great to hit 2-3 orbits in a row when you're dialed in.

Oh ghods yes.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Whole new system

Uh, what?
New OS? New hardware? No more SkeletonGame? "Whole new" is not a proper statement here, unless you're planning on shipping everyone new SBCs.

You just made a valid statement about Pinside and other platforms taking something and then running with it until it's blown out of proportion, and then you go and say something like this. May wanna be a little more selective in describing changes - or don't if you're under an NDA.

#3671 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Wow! That's high. I'm at 6.9
So I must be getting more side to side action then?

Interesting. Mine's at 6.7. I may have to up it.

#3683 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe the spring is too strong and needs to be stretched out?

I had forgotten I did this until last night. I stretched my springs out slightly back when you posted this.

An update: It worked. I haven't had stuck/bad drops since then.

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Will pitching it up affect the post hitting issue at all?

What is the "post hitting issue"?

Quoted from mamawaldee:

I figured I come on here and see what others have done to try and alleviate some of the brutality.

Buy **RUBBER** flipper rubbers, and put them on. In my experience, it makes hitting shots easier. (And if it doesn't, then replace the originals back!)

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Are directions inside the game for installing the new code?

How to update your machine:

Copy the PKG file onto a thumbdrive.
Turn your game off.
Plug that thumbdrive into a USB slot on the MPU computer (in backbox, upper right.)
Turn game on.
It will boot up and give you a SPOOKY screen, saying that it is applying the update.
Once the text turns green, remove the thumbdrive, and power-cycle the game.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

All I’m getting is “Audits and Settings backed up”
What am I doing wrong?

File is not named correctly. Or in a subfolder. Or the system cant read it (for a reason). Check the drive's formatting, make sure it's FAT32, and give it another try.

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I feel victim to the same issue... my mac was renaming the file with an added "-4"... took me a few minutes to put 2 and 2 together

Yup.

Obviously I'm speaking from experience too.

#3737 4 years ago

Also may wanna record your servo settings too, just in case!

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Probably one of the joke mystery awards like tilt other player on TNA

Alice has that as well.

Sadly, never get implemeted, but..

#3756 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yes. I've already changed out the trough optos and tried many times to catch a problem in switch test to no avail.

Holy hell, that may be your issue.. I don't think Alice uses opto trough switches.

I would do this next time -
When it happens, go STRAIGHT into test mode, switches. See what the game reports.

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Always go straight into test mode switches and nothing reported

It reports "All balls in trough"?

#3760 4 years ago

Okay, while I've never had that issue, that's the end of my ability to help.

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

This is the first thing I noticed. Perhaps this was a sacrifice made for system update.

Considering the download size is about 540Mb smaller than the previous release, maybe they were just compressed too much?

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

looks like a bug, i'm looking into it

Please fix the bug that was in 1.0.7.4 where is your coin value was 2x or larger the coins per credit value, the player would only get 1 credit instead of 2, please.

(i.e. $.50/play, and Coin 2 is a dollar - worth 4 coins. Put a dollar in, and you get 1 credit.)

#3841 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Having trouble putting new code on. When I download the update am I supposed to open it with a zip program or just put it on usb stick as is? The two zip programs I tried to open it with failed to do so I put it on usb stick as is, game acts like its going to install it for a short time but then boots the old code.

It is a *.pkg file, not a *.zip file. Do not try to open it up. Just copy the whole thing, making sure it's named "ac-gamecode.pkg" in the rood of your drive, and then turn the game on.

#3851 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You should always be able to go up in version fine I think. Downgrading may be an issue though

Spooky's system is set up to wher eyou can go up OR down without any issue.

Quoted from manadams:

Downloaded without opening in a program, has the correct name and still not working. I will try a different usb when I find one. I have beta code 1.0.7.1 installed, does it matter what previous code is installed?

Something wrong with your stick then, yes.

#3854 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Even with the new video system? How do you know?

Because I installed 1.1.0.0, and then realized I wanted to check something, and went back to 1.7.0.4 (which is what I had originally). Then went back to 1.1.0.0.

#3863 4 years ago

So lets talk secret tunnel. Its no secret that you need to sink the shots pretty deep to trigger the secret tunnel and lots of shot seem deep enough but are not. I ma guessing there is two relays in there. one more near the front and one deeper in because some sounds and effects happen on very shallow shots but that advance to monster isn't gonna happen unless the shot is pretty good.
Now, after 3 months I am starting to get some balls stuck in there pretty good. Always needed the deeper shots to trigger the advance to monster but I never had a problem with balls getting stuck and now some are *really* getting stuck - to the point the ball search rattling the machine won't lodge them loose and even me slapping the side of the cabinet takes some time before they come out.
What could have happened over 3 months where this would start to be a problem and it wasn't before?
What are you guys using to grease your balls?

Before rattlying them to get them loose, do you know what they're getting stuck *on*? I have no issues with the secret passage - I can reliably back-flip a ball up there and have it start a monster.

#3869 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I usually fail at back flipping this shot. It takes quit a powerful shot to register and start a mode.

My usual situation is about a 50-50 change that the result of a good shot up there is the ball coming back out the tunnel the same way it went in. How do you rate your odds?

Before I switched to RUBBER flipper rubbers - with what shipped with the game, it was maybe 60% shots made. With rubber flipper rubbers, it's easily 90%. When in my game it doesn't make it, it's because it hits the right wall a little too direct, and bounces against the left wall, and comes right now. No going up, vanishing, and then rolling back down.

#3877 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Did you switch out all rubber including rings etc...? This game seems to have serious left to right gameplay and I’m trying to figure out if it’s me or the machine. I feel as though I’m nudging the outlanes non-stop.

I ONLY did flippers. And yes, I get a LOT of side to side as well. I may try more experiments with changing out sling rubbers, just to see how the difference feels.

#3902 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvello:

Did anyone have an answer to this? Maybe I'm imagining it but when set to Spooky it doesn't seem to catch the ball half as much as Normal setting.

Yes, in my game when set to 'Spooky', the ball seems to be randomly let go during the Monster Intro. Somertimes right at the start, sometimes not until after, and usually during the middle. I kinda like it, since it keeps me on my toes.

#3915 4 years ago

So noob question. What/where is the upper magnet and what does it do and what setting are most you folks on?

It's in the orbit/secret passage loop. It catches and holds the ball when you start a monster. (Except when starting via the Mystery Hole.)
The 'Spooky' seems to randomly release the ball at any time during the animation. The other option (can't recall name ATM) holds it until the Monster Intro is done.

#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

On a similar note, can anyone tell me what the magnet resistance setting does?

It adjusts the timing of the lower magnet. Not sure why, but.. yeah.

#3931 4 years ago
Quoted from clancea3:

Just bought an ACNC! I'm so siked for it to get here.

Quoted from WombatPinball:

Awesome!! I know the feeling as mine will be arriving this week as well!! Congrats!!

Congrats guys! Be sure to check your coin door latch!

#3934 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I had my skill shot stuck on today until I power cycled the game.
I also encountered another issue. My sound level goes down randomly. Well it appears to be linked to the coin door because when I shake it the volume goes down. I saw one lug that was connected to the sound control and it looks like the soldering job is a little flaky. Anyone think this joint needs to be reflowed?

Well, if shaking the door is making the game think you're pressing the " -" key, then a LOOSE wire wouldn't be the cause - but a shorted wire would. Check that there ain't any wire strands across the two terminals that could be making intermittent contact?

#3960 4 years ago
Quoted from WombatPinball:

Ladies and Gentlemen.....IM OFFICIALLY IN THE CLUB!!!! Arrived around 4:30 today and number 391 is set up and ready to rock and roll! New code has been installed and as you can tell from the pictures, all looks amazing and even the screw on the lock is in place!! Big thank you to Joe pinballstar for working with me and getting this here safely!! And lastly, huge shoutout to everybody at Spooky!! spookycharlie spookyluke spookykt fawzmagames I cannot wait to dive into this game!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

SERIAL BUDDIES!

And your coin door latch is complete. Whew!

#4016 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Thought I would mention this if start with out lane ball save lit, then start multi ball like crypt, then get a drain right away in one of the out lanes while the crypt save timer is still active, it will consume both the crypt save and your out lane save.. Not sure if this is intended or was in code before the latest..

Yeah, it was like that in v1.0.7.4 as well.

#4049 4 years ago

So, after playing it for a week or so:
1. I like the new in-game info. The apron no longer lies!
2. The 50-cent pricing is fixed. Thank you.
3. The coil test is.. worse? Am I the only one that cannot fire a coil in Coil Test?
3a. Why is the service menu still labeled "Terminal"? Okay, it made sense in TNA, based on the theme. But Alice? No.
4. We can no longer set the game's date and time?
5. I miss the old boot-up screen.
6. Not a fan of the inlanes cancelling the skill shot.
7. Other bugfixes are nice to see, really.

#4053 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Bug alert!!
I noticed twice now that the ware wolf mode does not light the red inserts the first time around. They do light after that, but not the first time.

I think I may be misunderstanding what you mean by 'first time', maybe, but it won't, as the first time all shots are green. Once you make a green shot to cock your gun, then shoot the center targets to fire at the werewolf, the shots to cock the gun are green again - except the one you just made, it will be red. And the process will repeat - until after 4 or 5 shots they're all red - except for the last one. Shoot it, then the center target, and you defeated the werewolf.

#4062 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I took damage hitting a shot that had not turned red yet. They did turn red after that round though.

Ah - there's a bug that's been in the game since at least v1.0.7.4 - When the center targets are lit (to fire your gun at the werewolf), something will cause the other shots to become re-active. It will play the bad shot, and say you took damage, but won't actually reduce your health bar. I have noticed this in 1.1.0.0 as well.

#4066 4 years ago

I * AM* curious why it's "verified", but specifically states it has changed some sizes? That, to me, kind of weakens the 'verified' label.

#4070 4 years ago

Another strange issue -
When in Service Menu, and you go to look at the Statistics, it will say "Press Start to Select". DO NOT . It'll lock up your game, and you'll be forced to reset it. You can view the statistics, but.. trying to 'select' one will lock it up.

#4080 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Had another weird bug today during league. 4 player game. Player 1 ball 1 noticed the left orbit was not lit for skill shot. Left orbit lights appeared to be out the whole game. The monster mode select lights also were not working. I went into werewolf and it was just super weird. The save lights weren't working properly either. I started a crypt multi ball and drained 1 of the 2 balls right away. The mode ended even though ball save was still flashing for a few seconds after. Power cycling seemed to fix the lighting issues.

This is a possible condition with the RGB LED boards - they will lose 'sync' or lock up, and will stop responding to commands. Unfortunately, the only way to reset them is to power-cycle the game. Have had that happen a couple times to me, with the same board.

#4088 4 years ago

Okay, two things -
First, after a ball search releases balls from Frank and Crypt, why is there a need to re-lock them? i.e. Why do I suddenly have to lock ball 1 again? We have an autolauncher in this game - can't the game know that, "Hey, they already locked one - even though the ball is missing and in the trough, they only need to lock ball 2!
Second, trying to restart a game while in the middle of a game is.. wow, confusing. TO both me AND the game. I did it just now, and somehow made the game think there was an extra ball or something - if I had any less than two balls on the field, it would do the EOB bonus and move on. This is AFTER holding the start button to start a new game, having it.. terminate my game and NOT start a new one, requiring me to his start again.

#4107 4 years ago

IMHO, it kinda looks like the spinner switch may be pressing up too much on the spinner wire? .. Something about that looks wrong, but I can't put my finger on it.

#4118 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

has anyone had a ball bounce through upper hole in upper playfield, cold Ethyl, while a ball is already behind the drop target capturing two? Ball search does not drop that target so you have to restart machine or take off glass. Could this be added to ball search to drop the Danesi ball lock target? Also sometimes my ball gets pretty wedged somewhere up in the secret passage and is a bitch to get back mostly having to tilt your ball. Tough to see as upper playfield covers. Cheers!

Latest 1.1.0.0 will drop the drop target after a default of three ball searches.

..And yes, I've had this happen - kinda. I sometimes have the ball go past the Ethyl switch so fast that the game doesn't 'see' it, giving the same result you have.

#4120 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

1.0.7.0 would as well. I had a few airballs that lobbed in there...

Huh, interesting. I was on 1.0.7.4, and it did not. Hee.

#4122 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Only problem was, that same ball search cycle would also release frank, so if a ball got stuck in either place you'd empty both your locks

Yup, that still happens. Re: my post earlier about 'remembering balls were locked' in the software.

#4126 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

anyone about the odd ball getting stuck up in the secret passaage?

None here. .. Well, except when I have 'Secret Passage' lit, and a monster is starting.

#4137 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Set it to the hardest setting, Nightmare Castle or something like that, and try it out. At least you'll see all the rooms and understand what the game is doing better. I play it this way now. It's not a problem to get modes started.

Exactly what I do now, yeah.

#4139 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Any idea if they are planning on adding more uniqueness to each room? EG The Dungeon?
When in the dungeon you can hit the guillotine to stretch the guy on the rack (not sure of there is any pay off other than points) but I love the idea of each room having some unique points or action like this.

Right now, that's the only one. I haven't heard, and don't know if they will add others or not.

#4165 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Sounds like a good option would be to put it in as a menu setting.

Instead of specifying it manually, the game should - like the Reply - auto-adjust. As an operator, let me tell the game I want an average of 25% extra balls. Let the game auto-adjust the Monster # that lights the Extra Ball, and adjust the number of chops needed.

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Yes pit creature is def the easiest and most lucrative mode. Werewolf and zombie are much harder imo, and not worth anywhere near as much; even if played perfectly.

Zombie is my hardest, IMHO.

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

One of my GI bulbs at the left sling is out of sync color wise with the rest of the game. I plan to open the game up and see if something is disconnected.
Anyone know why this could be happening?
Thanks!

Go into LED test, put it on 'All' and cycle.
Likely you have a single filament in there (the Red, Green, or Blue) had died. Check the plug, but likely it'll be fine and it's the LED unit itself.

#4201 4 years ago

I finally nailed down a bug, too -

After your Frankenstein Monster multiball is over, the "Lab Lock 1" like will flash blue, but the Lock Diverter will not open. The lock diverter will not open until:
1. You drain and start a new ball, OR,
2. Shoot up to the Mini-PF, and then drain OFF of the Mini-PF.

#4203 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Can spooky or anyone confirm these bug reports aren't falling on deaf ears? I've suggested before that a bug reporting thread would be a good idea. And spooky could update the main post with known bugs, so they don't get duplicate reported etc. Then spooky wouldn't have to dig through pages of posts to find stuff. Also the owners club won't be cluttered with bugs. Efficiency makes everyone's lives easier.

Fuck, I've offered to host a website with my company's own tracking software, and it fell on deaf ears. I just assume that someone here is reading and making a note of them.

#4206 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you have something specific, fire them an email direct!

99% of the time I don't get replies back from Spooky. (The 1% of the time when it's an actual issue with my game, I do. Awesome on them, regardless!) FawzmaGames 's been silent to any messages/emails I've sent. I gave up on that. I'm not upset, just with there was better method to keep track of issues reported.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

WTF!
Just played a game of Alice and the front crypt drop target broke right off! It still works because a small bit of plastic still sticks up above the hole. But what kind of plastic breaks this fast on home use only?

That musta been a fantastic shot!

#4229 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

functionally enhance them

While I have no problem with folks protecting their machines, I will say, in regards to this quotes above:
Those plastic protectors do NOT 'enhance' anything. They affect ball travel. They collect and trap dust underneath. Like plastic ramps, they will start to haze under ball travel.

IMHO, the downsides to me far outweigh any benefit they provide.

#4244 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Would have been cool if the drop was lit like that from the factory. Drop color could show "ready for lock"/"ready for multiball", leaving the arrow for modes, combos, etc

Would not be too difficult...
1. Get new drop targets and RGB bulbs from PBL.
2. Find which unused lights are available on the RGB boards.
3. Program in code to use them - maybe add a switch in the settings to say they're 'enabled' or not.

#4246 4 years ago

I could easily do #2. And do #3 if I was allowed. (Yes, I'm actually thinking of modding my machine for it..)

#4249 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Hopefully the next code update fixes the volume of Alice. His voice is so soft now, sometime I can’t hear him, and the sound/music attention in the settings menu doesn’t do anything. Otherwise, loving my pins in this time of isolation!

Huh, he is perfectly fine on my.machine?

#4262 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

So what the hell does Special do when lit? It's on both left and right orbits.

Welp, on my game I set the award to give me an Extra Ball. And.. I get an Extra Ball. You can set to it 'Replay', and .. uhm something else.

#4269 4 years ago

If you short the two wires at the switch there, does it register in switch test?

If yes, then yeah, switch is bad. If no, the switch is good, and issue is before those terminals there.

#4275 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK,
I went into the menu, and there is no option for extra ball. The four options are:
1) Normal (I don't know what the hell that means!)
2) Points
3) Off
4) Audit
Can anyone tell me what Normal means?

As far as I know, "Special" has, since the dawn of time, normally given a Reply. Extra Credit, Extra Game.

I also swore I shanged mine to Extra Ball (I do that on all my games) - but maybe I just left it then.

#4285 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

What does it say?

rd

Hey, don't go makin' fun of my lysdexia!

#4289 4 years ago
Quoted from chill:

but the 2X and 4X together, for 6X

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier.
My highest in-game is 6x. I, too, am curious if it goes up past 8. I don't see why it *wouldn't*, honestly.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK,
I went into the menu, and there is no option for extra ball. The four options are:
1) Normal (I don't know what the hell that means!)
2) Points
3) Off
4) Audit
Can anyone tell me what Normal means?

I played good enough just now to get Special lit, and it was awarded for me.
Mine is set to 'Normal', and when I shot it, I got the Replay animation, and an Extra Ball. (My Replay (not reply) is set to Extra Ball.)
So, 'Normal' is - I'm guessing - awards you whatever the Replay is set to.

Odd phrasing - I know NO Midway (Wms/Bally) games ever phrased it like this, or had an option to 'mimic' the Replay option. Maybe 'Normal' is a DE/Sega/Stern thing?

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I dig my ACNC overall. But damn ... those orbit shots can be tighter than a cow's ass at fly time!
As they say.

0.o

Who is 'they' here?

#4338 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

TWIPYs - a popularly contest

#4347 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

New owner, used game - balls going into the Frankenstein shot drop down into the cabinet. I've read little bits and have seen videos posted by other users - thank you for that!
But it's almost as if, in my game, there's nothing to stop the ball when hitting the Frank shot (from what I can see under the diverter) from draining into the cabinet. Is my game missing something?
The game shipped with the diverter top protector plexi removed and in the coin tray. I'm sure that it was taken off because the diverter area has been worked on.

This can happen if:
The back of your ramp broken.
Frankenstein is not lowering and the lock gate is set to lock.

Check that your FrankenDude is dropping to his low setting at the start of a game.

#4351 4 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

was able to get info from Christopher at Spooky pinball (returned email on a SATURDAY!) who got me to look at the fuse (DUH!!!!) - is that a 3A 250V for everyone else?

I can't find the proper fuse rating in the manual or by any search

Yup, that's the correct rating!

Quoted from pb456:

Last problem - at this time - is the ball sometimes gets stuck when making the "Secret Passage" shot - underneath the upper playfield. I cannot see it. If I throw a ball up there, it knocks the stuck ball loose.

I would first try to find out what it's getting stuck on. At 7.2? A divot wouldn't cause it to get stuck like that. Maybe a low-hanging plastic, or something small got loose and stuck up against a post or metal ball guide. Could also be the upper magnet core.

I haven't had any balls get stuck up there, BUT, I have had the small locknut fall off from the Alice post, and cause issues with my drop target.

So, anyways, see if you can spot what it's getting stuck on, take the glass off of course.

#4356 4 years ago

Stupid silly question -
Anyone know the size (HxW) of the screen?

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Haven't noticed that happen in any of my games in the "School's Out" setting yet that I can recall. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it now though.
I know that if you put it on "Nightmare", you'll see those three additional rooms way more. Just have to nail those orbit shots more too. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Yeah - in School's Out, I think the only way would be to get "Advance 1 Room" awarded. The first shot around the orbit will jump you two rooms, then after that only one room.

#4363 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It's just a standard 15.6" laptop display. I didn't measure the exact interior or exterior dimensions though.

Ah, thanks! That's bigger than I imagined.

#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone replace their screen on ACNC? I know some people convert their TNA to a 1080p screen. Seems like ACNC could benefit from a nicer one as well.

Unfortunately, no - the animations are far under 1080p video, and the screen can already support 1080p.

I asked previously about the screen size because I was wondering if there were OLED screens out in that size yet! ... There aren't.

#4368 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

What makes you say the graphics are under 1080p? When I run my capture device for streaming 1080 is what it captures at.

They're being upscaled 4x before outputting to the display. Raw files are 684x384.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Is the controller board a 1080p controller?

It's a standard little mini computer. It connects to the display via HDMI. thirdedition says he records it at 1080p, so it's putting out an 1080p signal.

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I already posted a simple solution that solves the washed out display problem complete with pictures. No need to replace the display.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk/page/65#post-5385897

And it's fantastic. But sadly, I do not have the craft skills you do. I was thinking an OLED screen would have rich blacks, and give better viewing from larger angles without the 'washed out' appearance. Sadly, though, nothing is available yet, from what I can see.

#4373 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

You're way smart enough to do this LOL!
But, if you succeed with an OLED, post it!

SMRT, yeah. SKILLED, no.

As soon as I can find an OLED, I till give it a shot. Since laptops with 15" screens are relatively new now, I figure that this coming Xmas time, replacements will be available.

#4376 4 years ago

My left scoop has started occasionally acting like there is a ball waiting to be ejected when there is no ball in there. It starts the multi-colored lights flashing and the "ssssshhhhhhooooop" sound and goes through the ball ejection cycle but no ball comes out because no ball is in there.
It seemed to start during a multi-ball mode where it seemed to lose count of balls. I thought it might go away after reboot, but it persists.
Anyone else getting this? Is this a known glitch in new code or do I got a physical issue that developed?
Signed,
ssssccchhhhhooooo.... but no "pah!"

Physcial issue. Nothing in multiball or 'losing track of balls' affects the scoop, sadly.

#4379 4 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

Having trouble with the Ball Lock 2 (Lab). Seems like this drop target is not always resetting and then when shot is made (with target down) the ball just passes through and goes down the left ramp. Had this problem before code update. Updated code and worked intermittently after, but not not at all again.

Fix the trip target dingbat it always resets properly?

Use the trip target test in 1.0.7.0 to test. (In think there was a report that it didn't work in 1.1.0.0..)

#4405 3 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Why not gap your machines a bit more so you can enjoy the amazing sideart?

It looks like ACNC is up against an overhang that won't accommodate the topper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
446 posts in this topic match your search for posts by coyote. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk?tu=coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.