5 (resized).png
4 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 112.
#5451 6 months ago

Jurassic Park PRO stock firmware 1.12: i replace 1 video using one extracted from another modded firmware (working), when i write the image on SD and put it on the pinball, i have Initializing... JP logo, Initializing... JP logo etc...
Game dont boot.
What's wrong? to import the single video i used the button import (no conversion)
thanks

#5452 6 months ago

I'm wondering if anybody has mapped which call outs and sound effects have been used in TWD code?

I've only just started using pinball browser and I'm attempting to modify the sound / music on the latest Walking Dead Premium code, but trying to identify which zombie growls and random call outs have been used in the actual game is doing my head in!

Any help with identifying these and their sound script numbers would be greatly appreciated.

#5453 6 months ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

Jurassic Park PRO stock firmware 1.12: i replace 1 video using one extracted from another modded firmware (working), when i write the image on SD and put it on the pinball, i have Initializing... JP logo, Initializing... JP logo etc...
Game dont boot.
What's wrong? to import the single video i used the button import (no conversion)
thanks

Did you use PinballBrowser to write the image or another app like balenaEtcher? They are not all created equal.

#5454 6 months ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Did you use PinballBrowser to write the image or another app like balenaEtcher? They are not all created equal.

I open the stock firmware .raw file with PinballBrowser. I add 1 video and i close pinballbrowser with X button.
Then with win32diskimager i burn the .raw file to the SD.

Before press the X button to close pinballbrowser, it's necessary to press the button SAVE AS or the "Close firmware" ?

thanks

#5455 6 months ago
Quoted from DystopicPinball:

I open the stock firmware .raw file with PinballBrowser. I add 1 video and i close pinballbrowser with X button.
Then with win32diskimager i burn the .raw file to the SD.
Before press the X button to close pinballbrowser, it's necessary to press the button SAVE AS or the "Close firmware" ?
thanks

I always choose Close Firmware and wait a few seconds before either closing Pinball Browser or switching to the SmartDMD tab to write the image. Try just writing the image with Pinball Browser, I never use anything else to write the images.

#5456 6 months ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I'm wondering if anybody has mapped which call outs and sound effects have been used in TWD code?
I've only just started using pinball browser and I'm attempting to modify the sound / music on the latest Walking Dead Premium code, but trying to identify which zombie growls and random call outs have been used in the actual game is doing my head in!
Any help with identifying these and their sound script numbers would be greatly appreciated.

When the Walking Dead file opens, are you asked if you want to search online for bookmarks? You might get lucky and someone already bookmarked them.

#5457 6 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

When the Walking Dead file opens, are you asked if you want to search online for bookmarks? You might get lucky and someone already bookmarked them.

Thanks I have done that but when this loads there are only music files listed as bookmarks.

#5458 5 months ago

I had tried to load

elvira3-1_07_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw

I received: Unknown firmware message.
With version elvira3-1_03_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw it still worked. Is there a trick or does something have to be adjusted in the Pinball Browser?

Thanks

#5459 5 months ago
Quoted from Gnassel:

I had tried to load
elvira3-1_07_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw
I received: Unknown firmware message.
With version elvira3-1_03_0.Release.16G.sdcard.raw it still worked. Is there a trick or does something have to be adjusted in the Pinball Browser?
Thanks

You need to wait for the next PB release.

oga83 has to tweak it whenever new Stern code drops. Usually happens a few days afterwards.

#5460 5 months ago

Pinball Browser is now compatible with Elvira 1.07

#5461 5 months ago

I've followed advice from previous posts using Audacity to output mono tracks with compression and normalise them at -1db (for a SAM a game). The files exported out of Audacity sound pretty good (for mono), but when I attempt to import them into Pin Browser many of the tracks are coming in distorted. I can drop the volume down to 65% when importing which mostly reduces the distortion / clipping problem, but then the tracks don't sound as good and they play at a lower levels to the other tracks.

Does an anybody have any tips or suggestions on how to EQ and import great sounding music tracks into Pin Browser that don't distort?

#5462 5 months ago

oga83 Just tried opening the latest Stranger Things 1.09 code and I'm getting unknown firmware. I assume all of the code that just dropped today will get the same.

#5463 5 months ago

I emailed Olivier but I thought I would post here as well. Maybe one of you pinsiders may have some insight.

I'm having an issue with pinball browser. I keep getting some "pops" in the audio at the same exact time on the same exact audio tracks.  I have tried completely different songs. I have tried different sound qualities with recordings and different settings in the audacity software.  I cannot find a reason for these "pops".  Very strange that they happen at the same time regardless of the song.  I do not believe that these pops are because of an error on my part. Have any of you seen this before?

Thanks.
Nick

#5464 5 months ago

Stern just dropped new gamecode for all 22 recent games....

ugg

#5465 5 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I emailed Olivier but I thought I would post here as well. Maybe one of you pinsiders may have some insight.
I'm having an issue with pinball browser. I keep getting some "pops" in the audio at the same exact time on the same exact audio tracks.  I have tried completely different songs. I have tried different sound qualities with recordings and different settings in the audacity software.  I cannot find a reason for these "pops".  Very strange that they happen at the same time regardless of the song.  I do not believe that these pops are because of an error on my part. Have any of you seen this before?
Thanks.
Nick

probably silly to ask, but when using the factory gamecode, the songs play fine at those specific spots?

#5466 5 months ago

Olivier responded...

"Hi Nick
This is a protection implemented by Stern.
You'll hear up to 2 clicks per sound.
Depending on the sound you import, you can hear them... or not.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it.
All the best,
Olivier"

He's awesome for responding so quickly. I'm disappointed. Figures that Stern would try to pour sugar in the gas tank of this amazing program! Grrrrrr

#5467 5 months ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

probably silly to ask, but when using the factory gamecode, the songs play fine at those specific spots?

Yes

#5468 5 months ago

I'm posting this purely in an effort to try to help others. I honestly have spent an ungodly amount of hours editing and re-editing, uploading and re-uploading songs in pinball browser and I was unable to remove these "pops" that I keep hearing in certain songs. I have now been informed that this is something that cannot be changed. This is an issue with Stern and not with my song selections or with my editing skills or with pinball browser itself. I'm not complaining about pinball browser. I think it's an amazing program and it works GREAT. But people should know that if they hear these pops it can't be edited out. If I had known this ahead of time it would have saved me many hours of frustration

#5469 5 months ago

No need to upgrade Pinball Browser, it's already compatible with all the latest firmwares
The only exception is Venom Pro (LE is OK) :

Aerosmith 1.14
Avengers 1.08
Batman 1.10
Beatles 1.26
Black Knight SOR 1.16
Can Crusher 1.01
Deadpool 1.10
Elvira 1.08
Foo Fighters 0.99
Ghostbusters 1.17
Godzilla 1.08
GOT 1.37
Guardians of the Galaxy 1.13
Iron Maiden 1.14
James Bond 0.98
James Bond 60th 1.07
Jurassic Park 1.13
Jurassic Park - The Pin 1.03
Kiss 1.41
Led Zeppelin 1.19
Mando 1.43
Munsters 1.25
Primus 1.03
Rush 1.14
Star Wars 1.25
Star Wars Elg 1.04
Stranger Things 1.09
Turtles 1.56
Venom Pro 0.93, LE 0.94
Whoa Nelly 1.55
WWE 1.35

#5470 5 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I'm posting this purely in an effort to try to help others. I honestly have spent an ungodly amount of hours editing and re-editing, uploading and re-uploading songs in pinball browser and I was unable to remove these "pops" that I keep hearing in certain songs. I have now been informed that this is something that cannot be changed. This is an issue with Stern and not with my song selections or with my editing skills or with pinball browser itself. I'm not complaining about pinball browser. I think it's an amazing program and it works GREAT. But people should know that if they hear these pops it can't be edited out. If I had known this ahead of time it would have saved me many hours of frustration

Rush Pro code had those pops in some clips that I wanted to silence. This was the "shooter lane" callouts added recently and then on the latest code it's allowed to disable those shooter lane callouts, so moot point with what I was trying to do. But yeah, fucking annoying.

Did not have any pops when updating Led Zep or Jurassic code though.

#5471 5 months ago

oga83 I'm working on an update to stranger thing 1.09. I'm seeing a really strange situation occur when I replace just 1 video, 20 other videos disappear.

First I verified that the videos I found missing in my version were in the original image and they were. I then created a copy of the original image and before modifying I browsed to the ones missing in my version and all were there. 2 examples are attached images st_mod_verify_first, and st_mod_verify_second. All was well

st_mod_verify_first (resized).pngst_mod_verify_first (resized).png st_mod_verify_second (resized).pngst_mod_verify_second (resized).png

I then replaced the StrangerThings_Title video file with this one
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mgo46ufgijt1kesdn6c9d/Video-0x0222.mp4?rlkey=5psj7gjgxz7re71h54fhbae9u&dl=0

st_mod_replace_this (resized).pngst_mod_replace_this (resized).png

As soon as I do that the following videos disappear from the image when I try to view them in Pinball Browser v8.35 (note that there are 20 of them and each time I've tried this it's been the same 20)

ST_Final_Showdown_Stage_1_Award_2
ST_FollowTheCompassCompass_NorthNorthWest_LCD_PRO
ST_FollowTheCompass_Award2
ST_ItsATrap_proj_idleBG
ST_JunkYardAwardsBGLoop_LCD_PRO
ST_LightTheFire_Loop_LCD_PRE
ST_LureDart_map
ST_Match_10
ST_Mystery_HoldBonus
ST_RunWill_LoopingBG_1_LCD_PRO
ST_RunWill_LoopingBG_2_LCD_PRO
ST_RunWill_LoopingBG_3_LCD_PRO
ST_RunWill_LoopingBG_4_LCD_PRO
ST_SaveWill_LCD_PRE_Intro
ST_SchoolUpsideDown_LCD_PRO
ST_SkillShot
ST_SnowBackgroundLoop_LCD_PRO
ST_SnowBallAward6_LCD_PRO
ST_SuperSkillShot
ST_TK_Multiball_ModeStart_LCD_PRO

These screens are what I see in the ui st_mod_verify_first_fail, st_mod_verify_second_fail. I've now replicated this 5 times with fresh images. The only modification is changing the 1 video then those 20 go away.

st_mod_verify_first_fail (resized).pngst_mod_verify_first_fail (resized).png st_mod_verify_second_fail (resized).pngst_mod_verify_second_fail (resized).png

Any ideas? I may just leave the video off for the time being. Some important videos are being lost.

#5472 5 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'm seeing a really strange situation occur when I replace just 1 video, 20 other videos disappear.

Most likely, you are running out of space on the SD card
[EDIT] I mean SD card image

#5473 5 months ago

He’s not yet writing the image to the SD card thought, right? Just replacing a video and then the other videos disappear?

I have to work on my updates to the newest codes and will see if something similar happens.

#5474 5 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

He’s not yet writing the image to the SD card thought, right?

To be more specific, I mean running out of space on the file system, in a partition, in the .raw SD card image

#5475 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

To be more specific, I mean running out of space on the file system, in a partition, in the .raw SD card image

I think you are saying the video is too large now for the image. I've been using this video on the ST 1.05 and 1.07 images without issue. This is only happening on the most recent 1.09. If it is running out of space do I just try to compress the video more?

#5476 5 months ago

I think you are saying the video is too large now for the image. I've been using this video on the ST 1.05 and 1.07 images without issue. This is only happening on the most recent 1.09. If it is running out of space do I just try to compress the video more?

I checked the file sizes and my replacement video is on the left and is actually smaller than the original one on the right

replacement_is_smaller (resized).pngreplacement_is_smaller (resized).png
#5477 5 months ago

I checked the file sizes and my replacement video is on the left and is actually smaller than the original one on the right

The problem can be with the total size of the previously imported files.
If you import all the videos except one (no matter which one), I guess it will work because there will be enough space for the last one.
In a future version, I'll try to improve the out-of-space detection and display the remaining space.

#5478 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

The problem can be with the total size of the previously imported files.
If you import all the videos except one (no matter which one), I guess it will work because there will be enough space for the last one.
In a future version, I'll try to improve the out-of-space detection and display the remaining space.

in the example I'm giving you the only thing I have done is replace the title with the new one which is smaller. I have made no other changes and 20 other video disappear. Always the same 20. I've replicated this many times now.

Step 1: Download latest ST image from Stern
Step 2: Open in pinball browser
Step 3: replace the StrangerThings_Title video file with this one https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mgo46ufgijt1kesdn6c9d/Video-0x0222.mp4?rlkey=5psj7gjgxz7re71h54fhbae9u&dl=0

the 20 videos I reference above are gone.

#5479 5 months ago

Does anyone have any tips on importing images with transparent backgrounds?

I am creating some images, saving in PNG format with transparency but when it gets imported it seems to get converted into a proprietary PBI format which pixelates the images and leaves a lot of artifacts. The resulting image looks like a bit of a mess. It seems to only be when transparency is involved.

#5480 5 months ago

in the example I'm giving you the only thing I have done is replace the title with the new one which is smaller. I have made no other changes and 20 other video disappear. Always the same 20. I've replicated this many times now.
Step 3: replace the StrangerThings_Title video file with this one https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mgo46ufgijt1kesdn6c9d/Video-0x0222.mp4?rlkey=5psj7gjgxz7re71h54fhbae9u&dl=0

Thanks, that's clear now
I'll try your file
[EDIT] I was able to reproduce the problem

#5481 5 months ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I am creating some images, saving in PNG format with transparency but when it gets imported it seems to get converted into a proprietary PBI format which pixelates the images and leaves a lot of artifacts. The resulting image looks like a bit of a mess. It seems to only be when transparency is involved.

I could use those tips as well. I remember trying to make some changes on a game, can’t remember which one, but ran into the same issues you did.

#5482 5 months ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I could use those tips as well. I remember trying to make some changes on a game, can’t remember which one, but ran into the same issues you did.

had some problems with transparency too some time ago, when i tried to modify fonts. It looked like the borders are inverted. If you would invert them it would look nice.

font (resized).pngfont (resized).png
#5483 5 months ago

Thank you for this perfect procedure that helped me fix the problem !
Pinball Browser was allocating a block for this video that was already used by another one
This is now fixed in Pinball Browser 8.36

#5484 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thank you for this perfect procedure that helped me fix the problem !
Pinball Browser was allocating a block for this video that was already used by another one
This is now fixed in Pinball Browser 8.36

awesome, glad you were able to figure it out quickly!

#5485 5 months ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

The Spike games work with DXT1 or DXT5 files.
Use Pinball Browser v8.37 to import/export DXT files.
Then, modify the DXT files with an external program; it will probably do a better job than Pinball Browser to compress the DXT files.
Not sure which common program can open DXT files though...
Make sure you keep the same geometry and DXT format.
DXT (resized).pngDXT (resized).png

#5486 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

The Spike games work with DXT1 or DXT5 files.
Use Pinball Browser v8.37 to import/export DXT files.
Then, modify the DXT files with an external program; it will probably do a better job than Pinball Browser to compress the DXT files.
Not sure which common program can open DXT files though...
Make sure you keep the same geometry and DXT format.
[quoted image]

This is so great. Thanks for all the stuff you are doing.
paint.net can save and create this files -> save as -> dds -> then you can chose either DXT1 or DXT5

#5487 5 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

paint.net can save and create this files -> save as -> dds -> then you can chose either DXT1 or DXT5

Paint.net won't open raw dxt1 or dxt5 files.
It only works with DDS (which is a DXT container). I may have to add DDS support in Pinball Browser.

#5488 5 months ago

This is great.

I tried Paint.NET and when it couldn't open the raw file, I gave up.

I ended up finding some Nvidia tools at https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter that I am still playing around with.

#5489 5 months ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

This is great.
I tried Paint.NET and when it couldn't open the raw file, I gave up.
I ended up finding some Nvidia tools at https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-texture-tools-exporter that I am still playing around with.

thanks, will have a look it.

dds support would be just great, there are a lot of tools that work with this type.

#5490 5 months ago

is it possible that the new function did break the direct picture editing?

when i try to open a picutre in pinball browser i get this:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5491 5 months ago
Quoted from cabal:

is it possible that the new function did break the direct picture editing?
when i try to open a picutre in pinball browser i get this:[quoted image]

Possible but a little more context would be needed to verify : which firmware version and which image ?

#5492 5 months ago

Pinball Browser v8.38 can now import/export DDS files instead of DXT
For example, with ST 1.09, scene 0, first bitmap :
How it looks with the embedded editor :
Img3 (resized).pngImg3 (resized).png
DDS export :
Img1 (resized).pngImg1 (resized).png
The DDS file looks better with Paint.NET :
Img2 (resized).pngImg2 (resized).png
You can modify this image with Paint.NET, Gimp (with the DDS plugin), or any other DDS-compliant program, and re-import it without any loss
This works with scene objects like Images, Bitmaps, Frames (in frame collections) and Shapes; However, DDS is not available for Glyphs

#5493 5 months ago

Pinball browser gonna make me buy a PC laptop.

Awesome project, oga83

#5494 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Possible but a little more context would be needed to verify : which firmware version and which image ?

had the same problem with 8.38 version, then i deleted the old .dat file in the Image folder. After this it worked, not sure why.

But it works now, thanks for the dds import this a great add on feature.

Edit: or it may have been the zoom factor

#5495 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

However, DDS is not available for Glyphs

Is this still true? I just did a test and it seemed to work.

#5496 5 months ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

Is this still true? I just did a test and it seemed to work.

Yes, this is true for glyphs : you cannot import/export a glyph as DDS :
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
The corresponding menu items are disabled :
1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
But, you have found a workaround, which is to import/export the whole font as DDS (that contains all glyphs) :
4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
And the whole font can be edited in Paint.NET :
5 (resized).png5 (resized).png

To summarize, a glyph cannot be exported/imported as DDS but the whole font bitmap can

#5497 5 months ago

So new code for BM66 and BKSoR dropped from Stern today. Tried to open BM66, but got the "unknown firmware" message.

#5498 5 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

So new code for BM66 and BKSoR dropped from Stern today. Tried to open BM66, but got the "unknown firmware" message.

Please try again

#5499 5 months ago
Quoted from oga83:

Please try again

Just tried it; same result:PinballBrowser unknown (resized).jpgPinballBrowser unknown (resized).jpg

I also just downloaded another copy of PB and BM66 1.11 and tried it; same thing.

PS: Thanks for all that you do with this!

#5500 5 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Just tried it; same result

It should work
Try to download Pinball Browser again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Machine - For Sale
Auburn, ME
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,578 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/110?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.