1 (resized).png
Img3 (resized).png
Img2 (resized).png
Img1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DXT (resized).png
font (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 5,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 112.
#5502 88 days ago

Is there a plan to ever expand this onto WPC (Bally/Williams) Pinball machines?

#5503 88 days ago
Quoted from s000m:

Is there a plan to ever expand this onto WPC (Bally/Williams) Pinball machines?

Pinball Browser can already open WPC games but it can only display DMD frames

#5504 84 days ago

Has anyone been working on a modded James Bond code?

Thanks.

#5505 84 days ago

Looks like the latest Stranger Things 1.11 won't open...unknown firmware

#5506 83 days ago

hi. Any VPX users here? I'm trying to reskin a game (AC/DC Stern) that uses the acd_170h rom. i have to replace sounds in the rom itself (using Pinball Browser of course) instead of altsound, right? I want to rename the rom but keep getting "Game name not found!" error when the game loads in Visual Pinball (10.7.4). I've changed the cGameName in the script to my new rom name. I have to provide a separate rom zip file and not use vpmalias b/c i dont want the change the original AC/DC table if you have it. I tried various combinations of renaming the .bin before zipping. Is there a right way to do this?

#5507 82 days ago
Quoted from linojon:

hi. Any VPX users here? I'm trying to reskin a game (AC/DC Stern) that uses the acd_170h rom. i have to replace sounds in the rom itself (using Pinball Browser of course) instead of altsound, right? I want to rename the rom but keep getting "Game name not found!" error when the game loads in Visual Pinball (10.7.4). I've changed the cGameName in the script to my new rom name. I have to provide a separate rom zip file and not use vpmalias b/c i dont want the change the original AC/DC table if you have it. I tried various combinations of renaming the .bin before zipping. Is there a right way to do this?

You can't rename the roms. I usually pick one of the other language versions of the rom then make the changes in pinball browser, then set the vpinmame no error check in the rom settings. Then you update the script for the table to use the rom you modified.

There are already alt sounds for acdc though. Multiple ways to do this for vpx

#5508 80 days ago

New code from Stern today:
Munsters 1.26
Iron Maiden 1.15
Batman '66 1.12

Just a heads-up; tried to open Batman 1.12, and got the "unknown firmware" message, so this may need to be tweaked once again.

#5509 80 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

New code from Stern today:
Munsters 1.26
Iron Maiden 1.15
Batman '66 1.12
Just a heads-up; tried to open Batman 1.12, and got the "unknown firmware" message, so this may need to be tweaked once again.

Munsters is also not working

#5510 80 days ago

No new releases will work with pinball browser until Olivier has a chance to modify his file.

Quoted from cabal:

Munsters is also not working

#5511 79 days ago

Pinball Browser v8.39 is now compatible with Batman 1.12, IM 1.15, Munster 1.26, ST 1.11 and TMNT 1.57

#5512 77 days ago

OK got a question:

I noticed while playing BM66 recently that the screen directions for one of the modes is incorrect. I figured it would be easy enough to change the message using PB; however, when I make the change, it changes every instance (8x) that the message appears. I see in the editing box that there is a tick box that reads, "modify this instance only", but it is greyed out and unselectable. Is there a way to enable this?

Pinball Browser BM66 (resized).jpgPinball Browser BM66 (resized).jpg

#5513 77 days ago

You're probably changing the source list which would change all the references to it as well - you'd need to find just that one call instead and modify it to point to another reference instead (at least that's how system 11/wpc do it.... stern likely similar)

#5514 74 days ago

I am having some quirky issues with reading/writing SD cards lately. I am still trying various things but wondering if anyone had any advice or extra knowledge on some of the issues I have been seeing.

First, I ordered a fresh 8GB verbatim card to flash an image. Even the basic image from Stern, Pinball Browser complained that the card was not big enough. Maybe Verbatim reports more than it is? Or maybe its a fancy knock off from Amazon?

Second, I switched to an original Stern SD card. Windows explorer shows it. I can write an image to it using Balena and it runs fine on the machine. Pinball Browser just does not recognize it no matter what I do though. I can't read/write to it. I am wondering if its because the card is not showing up as a D:\ drive and is an E:\ drive? I've rebooted, run PB as admin and non-admin with no change.

If anyone has any extra clues on this behavior, I would be interested in hearing about it.

drives (resized).pngdrives (resized).pngno_drive (resized).pngno_drive (resized).png
#5515 73 days ago

I once tried flashing an image after using PB on an 8GB card. Yes, that's not big enough. If you use one that's 16 or 32 GB you'll be good. I've had good results with SanDisk and MicroCenter house brand cards.

#5516 73 days ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I am having some quirky issues with reading/writing SD cards lately.

As a follow up, I had to map the D: boot partition and Pinball Browser then recognized it.

Still trying to figure out why some 8gb cards have issues. I have had no issues with 16gb cards.

#5517 73 days ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

I had to map the D: boot partition and Pinball Browser then recognized it.

This is normally not needed : The PB disk imager works with the whole drive, not with a single partition
I don't know what's happening here

#5518 70 days ago

Venom 0.95 and 007 0.99 can't be opened with PB 8.39 for now.

#5519 70 days ago

Hey oga83 !

First time poster, so sorry if this is a known or solved issues. I searched but couldn't find if this issue was answered somewhere.

I've been getting popping and clipping with many of the audio files that I try to import. I am currently working on replacing some of the voices... it's easiest to hear the issue on short mono sounds, but it is happening across the board. I believe it's a bug with the import feature of the software itself. Here is what made me come to that conclusion...

-You can export a sound, save it to the desktop, immediately reimport it, and the clipping is introduced.
-Also, you can create a silent audio file the exact same length of the file you are replacing, import it, and the clipping/popping will be introduced.

For reference, I have a Godzilla (Premium) code 1.08.

PS: Love the software, and very much appreciate your hard work. I've been going nuts with it.

#5520 70 days ago
Quoted from _DingusKhan_:

Hey oga83 !

I've been getting popping and clipping with many of the audio files that I try to import.

Some explanation here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/110#post-7868563

#5521 70 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Venom 0.95 and 007 0.99 can't be opened with PB 8.39 for now.

Please try again

#5522 70 days ago
Quoted from _DingusKhan_:

I've been getting popping and clipping with many of the audio files that I try to import

It depends on the sound you import.
With a silent file, you can't miss the clicks.
With some other files, they are barely noticeable.
Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it.

#5523 70 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

Please try again

Dear Olivier,

I still have the unknown firmware message, even after closing and reopening pb.

#5524 69 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

It depends on the sound you import.
With a silent file, you can't miss the clicks.
With some other files, they are barely noticeable.
Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it.

Ya, that sucks. But a small price to make for such amazing power. Thanks for the information everyone.

Occasionally I have imported files that don't end up having the clicks... I think there may be a hacky work around to bypass them, or at least bury them in the mix. Putting some good time into it now, so if I figure it out I'll let you know!

#5525 69 days ago

oga83 In Stranger Things Premium 1.11 there is static/hiss that is associated only with Codec 23. The noise is only on those codecs, but they play fine in Pinball Browser. What does the option "Try to Fix Codec" under the audio input section do?

#5526 69 days ago

oga83 latest James Bond 0.99 unknown firmware message. Please have a look when you have time. Thank you.

#5527 68 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I still have the unknown firmware message, even after closing and reopening pb.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

oga83 latest James Bond 0.99 unknown firmware message. Please have a look when you have time. Thank you.

It should work now

#5528 67 days ago
Quoted from oga83:

It should work now

Quoted from oga83:

It should work now

It works perfectly! Merry Christmas to you, Olivier!

#5529 65 days ago

Hello all. New to this hobby and came across this thread. If i wanted to change/add songs to an incoming Aerosmith pro to my collection, is there a way to download the work already for one, such as my TMNT 1987 code on an sdcard?? Thanks. if so, who do i reach out to.....

#5530 65 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

Hello all. New to this hobby and came across this thread. If i wanted to change/add songs to an incoming Aerosmith pro to my collection, is there a way to download the work already for one, such as my TMNT 1987 code on an sdcard?? Thanks. if so, who do i reach out to.....

It's a bit of an undertaking to be sure, but search THIS thread for other users that mention "Aerosmith" and you'll see a bunch of people that have already gone down that path of using PB to mod their Aerosmith PRO machines. PB current supports Aerosmith 1.14 firmware, so some guidance from the previously modders will get you started and you can take it from there. (If you find a modder that has done some of the music/clip swaps that you like, you can probably get a copy of theirs and use that as the base for your own mods, otherwise you start with factory images.)

#5531 64 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

It's a bit of an undertaking to be sure, but search THIS thread for other users that mention "Aerosmith" and you'll see a bunch of people that have already gone down that path of using PB to mod their Aerosmith PRO machines. PB current supports Aerosmith 1.14 firmware, so some guidance from the previously modders will get you started and you can take it from there. (If you find a modder that has done some of the music/clip swaps that you like, you can probably get a copy of theirs and use that as the base for your own mods, otherwise you start with factory images.)

Thank you for that!

#5532 60 days ago

Just getting into this wonderful process tonight and have so far been able to replace a song on foo fighters with a MP3 of my choosing so just basic stuff, but my process currently is take a imaged sd card with code on it, since the stern image breaks it up into a million partitions I go into disk part, delete all the partitions, make a primary partition, reformat, flash the image I am using with pinbrowser, slap into the game and test if the changes stuck.

Does anyone have a faster process they use for testing the changes? The partition pains take forever when i just need to see if I need to up a volume a bit or similar. Thanks!

#5533 60 days ago
Quoted from JohnDeere:

Just getting into this wonderful process tonight and have so far been able to replace a song on foo fighters with a MP3 of my choosing so just basic stuff, but my process currently is take a imaged sd card with code on it, since the stern image breaks it up into a million partitions I go into disk part, delete all the partitions, make a primary partition, reformat, flash the image I am using with pinbrowser, slap into the game and test if the changes stuck.
Does anyone have a faster process they use for testing the changes? The partition pains take forever when i just need to see if I need to up a volume a bit or similar. Thanks!

"delete all the partitions, make a primary partition, reformat"
You can skip all of those steps.
Just flash your image file onto the card as it is.
I prefer win32diskimager myself. If you're confused as to where to flash it, pay attention to your drive letters on your PC before and after inserting the SD card into your card reader. Do you see one labeled "boot stern"?

#5534 60 days ago

I keep getting an Unknown Firmware error message when trying to open Iron Maiden 1.15.

#5535 59 days ago
Quoted from RyThom:

I keep getting an Unknown Firmware error message when trying to open Iron Maiden 1.15.

Download the image file from Stern again. I had that happen with another firmware recently.

1 week later
#5536 51 days ago

Olivier, I wish you an happy new year. Venom 0.96 needs a little update of PB...thanks in advance

#5537 50 days ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Olivier, I wish you an happy new year. Venom 0.96 needs a little update of PB...thanks in advance

Likewise !
Can you please try the latest version again ?

#5538 45 days ago

Jaws game code 0.82 is out and can't be opened. TIA!

#5539 45 days ago

just want to shout out my praise to pinball browser and oga83

the dds import feature is a game changer, now modifiying scenes is so reliable and good. Transparancy ist just working great now and it makes so much fun to modify scenes.
The more i work with pinball browser the more features i see and recognize. Don't know if they all have been there from beginning. The most i do like:
on Videotab -> show in explorer
on explorer tab -> goto scene
on Soundtab -> export information
on Scene tab -> render all scenes

all this features help to maintain code over serveral versions and keeping them alive. Helps to identify scenes, videos. Bookmarks is also a great feature.
Just love pinball browser thank you for your work and effort you put into it.

new images are now supported quite fast

#5540 43 days ago

Pinball Browser is now compatible with Jaws 0.82
[EDIT] and Jaws 0.83

#5541 42 days ago
Quoted from JorgesArcade:

I have done a lot of work on Aerosmith in the past. But I use an older version of the code, not the more current. I have updated songs, song onscreen icons and added videos. If you go back and look at my previous posts, you can see some of the work I have done on the Pro.

Glad I kept an older version of the LZ Premium code, have no issues changing music or on screen song names.

#5542 42 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Glad I kept an older version of the LZ Premium code, have no issues changing music or on screen song names.

What version are you working with? I am playing around with switching out the music to Pink Floyd on the latest code with no issues.

#5543 42 days ago
Quoted from monkeybug:

What version are you working with? I am playing around with switching out the music to Pink Floyd on the latest code with no issues.

I am using 1.18 for the Premium. Are you able to make changes to the on screen song names? If so, can you post a snip of which Scene you are making the changes in? Stern seems to have changed the Scene where the song names are located. Thanks for your help!

These are my notes for making song name changes in the LZ owner thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/151#post-6824935

#5544 42 days ago

Here is a live LZ code I made based on the songs that came with the game. Enjoy!

#5545 42 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I am using 1.18 for the Premium. Are you able to make changes to the on screen song names? If so, can you post a snip of which Scene you are making the changes in? Stern seems to have changed the Scene where the song names are located. Thanks for your help!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/led-zeppelin-le-thread/page/151#post-6824935

if you modified the scene before it should be easy to get unique text to search for.
what helps me finding scene is either:
Generate String list -> then search for a unique text that you expect
search -> Search for unique text directly.
render all scenes -> Then have a look at the previews of the created files. Sometimes the one you search are easy to identify.

#5546 42 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

This is the path to change Good Times, Bad Times on v1.19. All the others are in the same area.

Scene 0 -> Animation -> Elements -> SongSelect_Instance -> Members -> Animation -> Elements -> Texts_GoodTimes -> Members -> Animation -> Elements -> unamed_instance_31 -> Members

Here is a quick sample of what I was playing around with.

#5547 42 days ago
Quoted from cabal:

if you modified the scene before it should be easy to get unique text to search for.
what helps me finding scene is either:
Generate String list -> then search for a unique text that you expect
search -> Search for unique text directly.
render all scenes -> Then have a look at the previews of the created files. Sometimes the one you search are easy to identify.

Thanks for the tips. Anyway to know where the Render all scenes are being saved on your computer? Can't seem to find them anymore once I render the scenes.

#5548 42 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the tips. Anyway to know where the Render all scenes are being saved on your computer? Can't seem to find them anymore once I render the scenes.

they should be in the same folder as the image (.raw) is.
There you should see a lot of *.mp4 files.
From the naming they will have XXXXYY-Scene-Z.mp4
xxxx = image name
yy = Pro or LE

if you find the file you should be able to identify the scene number from the filename.

#5549 36 days ago

jus tried to DL & get an dropbox error.

Screenshot_1 (resized).pngScreenshot_1 (resized).png
#5550 36 days ago
Quoted from Mutt:

jus tried to DL & get an dropbox error. [quoted image]

Same here, multiple browsers etc

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
There are 5,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 112.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.