(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #9492 X-Men Ramp Post mod Posted by bballfan (9 years ago)

Post #9499 X-Men 1.51 Rulesheet Posted by frg (9 years ago)

Post #9522 Link to newton ball info Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #9523 Newton Ball purchase link Posted by pmWolf (9 years ago)

Post #11002 New Magneto figure installed. Posted by vbittnv (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12058 3 years ago

I recently picked up an X Men pro which has the newton ball mod installed where the big Wolverine figure used to be.

Is there a consensus replacement figure to plop on top of that thing? THe original figure was bashed beyond use.

#12062 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Can you cut the bottom off that one and use it?
You’ll see a few pics of that in this thread ...
rd

Unfortunately I do not have this part.

Just looking for something cheap to throw on the newton assembly really.

2 weeks later
#12093 3 years ago

I prefer the LED screen.

It's cheaper, more durable (I've seen the LCDs crack during shipping), the correct size (I hate mucking about with the huge LCD screen) and it looks better. No brainer 'round these parts.

The lack of "upscale" option is a non-issue for me as I find that it looks incredibly stupid.

1 week later
#12104 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Realistically who would ever see an end mode though?
I’ve only ever completed the game twice I think. It’s a mammoth effort.
rd

For real. As far as I can tell the game has two wizard modes already and I haven't seen either.

Really loving this game! I always thought it sucked, probably because there was always a broken wolverine flopping all over the place and I didn't really understand the rules. One of my favorite pickups in a long time! Great flow, love the combos and the rules. Great replayability on this one!

A generous pinsider sent me their original wolverine figure which I sawed in half and gooped to the newton mod, looks good to me!

7F8E6B33-557B-4A7D-A98C-D9A796CF8BB3 (resized).jpeg7F8E6B33-557B-4A7D-A98C-D9A796CF8BB3 (resized).jpegF905ECDD-A485-48EB-8713-49D45BC22B92 (resized).jpegF905ECDD-A485-48EB-8713-49D45BC22B92 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#12118 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

What is the easiest way to get a villain mode going? I've had the game since December and I'm not very good. Haven't gotten all the heroes yet either.
I know its pathetic but I have set everything to extra easy and still I have never seen a villain light on. I'm wondering if it's not working? Lol. Pretty soon going to set it to 10 balls with outlanes blocked, just so I can see if I can get 1 villain light on.

I think the inlanes light villains along with the hole. The light must be out it's impossible for you to have never lit it before. Unless maybe you are blind and have no hands.

#12120 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

I was thinking this too, but when the game is on, the lights seem to circle all the villains fine, so no bulbs are out.
This is why I'm trying to figure out how to "test" the villain modes. I'm new to this so I have no idea whether I suck or somethings wrong with the game.

I mean you'd know if you've gotten one before.

Does "sabretooth" or "juggernaught" ring a bell?

#12124 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Thanks. This is helpful. Do you choose the villain depending on which ramp you shoot? I do see the small light at the scoop flashing but maybe we haven't been able to repeat shots to complete the mode for that villain. And do you have to complete all heroes before you can get a villain?

NO!

It's super fuggin easy to light the villian modes. You just complete the inlanes a couple times and the "villian" light will flash on the scoop. Shoot the scoop and then you pick your villian mode. You are overthinking this one!!

Try it with the glass off you'll see what we mean.

#12126 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

How do you pick the villain mode? And yes will try with the glass off. Good idea.

you use the flippers to choose (large, obvious graphics will be on the screen) and then hit both flippers to choose, or let it time out.

Someone shoot a video for this guy!

Monty PM your phone number and I'll text you a video, I'm heading to the shop tonight.

#12130 3 years ago
Quoted from BMonty:

Thanks for this video rotordave. When my ball goes in the scoop and villain is lit, I don't get to choose the villain at all.
What could be causing this problem? Switch? I have no idea. Help!

I think there's something wrong with MOnty's game. Probably the scoop switch is acting up. THis may be asking a lot but I think you gotta lift the playfield and check out the switches. Test switch mode also may be useful.

#12132 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

What happens when it goes in the scoop? Does it just sit there doing nothing until a ball search kicks it out? If so, then it is the switch. Might just need to be adjusted, but could be a loose wire or bad switch.

It's possible there's two switches in there right? It sounds dumb but they do that sometimes. The Snake in metallica comes to mind. COuld be it's kicking the ball right out but not "scoring" and I think that's the case here. I'm tapping out on the tech part of this convo but hopefully you guys can help him diagnose and fix what sounds like a pretty clear switch issue.

#12136 3 years ago

Is there any way to make Weapon X multiball easier? Tired of beating every mode except Wolverine.

THere's a "Wolverine Multiball timer" and "Wolverine Timer" adjustment in the menu but as far as I can tell they don't do anything when you increase them.

#12139 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Follow the arrows onscreen it tells you the next shot. There are faster blinking arrows (more points) and slower blinking arrows (lower points) but shoot the arrows that correspond to the onscreen arrow. Shoot the shot, then shoot wolverine, rinse and repeat. I think its 6 shots (hero+wolvie) to finish weapon x (you can keep playing weapon x until you are left with 1 ball).

I know how to do it, but it can be a real bitch! Been getting better at it.

Shooting the "better" shots (screen arrow / blinking faster) just gives you more points, rather than helping you complete the mode faster, correct?

#12142 3 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Right more points, same number of shots. It's probably the hardest hero to complete, but not that difficult. I think the villains are way harder and use Deadpool when I can for those.

The problem is if you beef it, you need to smack Wolverine another dozen times, or 20, to have another shot at it, and you can easily beef those too with some unlucky bounces. Really annoying. Would be much better if, at the least, you picked up where you left off on Weapon X (hold progress), or even if sometimes the mystery award would give you that last X-men or Villian mode you need to make it to the wizard mode (kind of like Monster Bash).

I really like X-men but you see stuff like this on Stern rules of this era and really keeps the games from feeling polished.

#12147 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Agree - with the standard Wolvie figure, WeaponX was really easy to complete. You couldn’t miss his huge guts.
The captive ball makes it waaaayy harder. I would say that I generally *don’t* complete it now.
Actually, at the large big tournament we had, I had completed all heroes except WeaponX. I think I had 2 goes at it too.
rd

Right, newton mod definitely makes it more difficult.

Wolverine has cockblocked me several times from Danger Room at this point, which I've still yet to get.

Since you are Mr. X-Men, do you have any idea what "WOlverine MB timer" and "Wolverine Timer" settings do, if anything?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.