(Topic ID: 16030)

X-Men - Official Club Thread All Welcome!

By pmWolf

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,543 posts
  • 651 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by KING-HENRY
  • Topic is favorited by 116 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2289 (resized).jpeg
20231210_114221 (resized).jpg
20231210_114216 (resized).jpg
20231210_114212 (resized).jpg
20231210_114207 (resized).jpg
20231210_114159 (resized).jpg
20231015_221002 (resized).jpg
20221212_175404 (resized).jpg
20231202_132135 (resized).jpg
IMG_9543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9544 (resized).jpeg
gg (resized).JPG
xmen (resized).PNG
MB (resized).PNG
20230806_161030 (resized).jpg
IMG_2846 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 251.
#9451 9 years ago

I'm probably waiting for my second Wolverine to bust, then I'll be looking long and hard at that captive ball solution. It looks sweet...and I should probably gather the parts now...

#9452 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is xmen a keeper?

You have an X-Men Pro....so what do YOU think?

Are you digging it?

#9453 9 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

You have an X-Men Pro....so what do YOU think?
Are you digging it?

Still boxed. Limited space at the moment

That's why I ask but it looks like I need to keep it

#9454 9 years ago

Keep it. I really dig the Pro. I can't wait for the captive ball mod as that will help the xavier and beast shots to help the game flow like butter.

-c

#9455 9 years ago

Hmm do you think the Xavier and beast shots are hard on the PRO? I thought only the LE owners were looking for the captive ball mod.

I have the PRO and I think those shots are fine.

Quoted from CraigC:

Keep it. I really dig the Pro. I can't wait for the captive ball mod as that will help the xavier and beast shots to help the game flow like butter.
-c

#9456 9 years ago

I have a stock LE and no complaint with the Beast or Xavier shot. I understand that some people have an issue with the size of Wolverine, but in my opinion it is fine the way it is. A great game with challenging shots.

Just throwing this out there in case some people are being scared off the LE because of all the talk of the size of Wolverine. It's fine.

#9457 9 years ago

I have the pro, Xavier is harder for me.

#9458 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

I have a stock LE and no complaint with the Beast or Xavier shot. I understand that some people have an issue with the size of Wolverine, but in my opinion it is fine the way it is. A great game with challenging shots.
Just throwing this out there in case some people are being scared off the LE because of all the talk of the size of Wolverine. It's fine.

I have no problem with Wolverine's size.

I do have a problem with a broken Wolverine and would rather have a part that will hold up in a HUO environment

#9459 9 years ago

I've been playing a lot of X-Men with my left arm only. The magnets make it killer. Try it sometime...

P1060604.JPGP1060604.JPG

I did manage to score 75million on Spider-Man with only my left arm...was pretty proud of that.

#9460 9 years ago

Finally got to danger room tonight! Didn't do shit once I got there, but I got there haha... 20150123_212316.jpg20150123_212316.jpg

#9461 9 years ago

I heard the funniest crap yesterday:

[Wolverine] Who Wants SOME!
[Cyclops] Jean?!?

Scott basically answered wolvie right after he asked, like he was responding to him.

#9462 9 years ago
Quoted from boogies:

I heard the funniest crap yesterday:
[Wolverine] Who Wants SOME!
[Cyclops] Jean?!?
Scott basically answered wolvie right after he asked, like he was responding to him.

That's right. Scott knows what's up....

#9463 9 years ago

New prototype is great. You can get the posts in pretty easily by using a screw to turn the posts. This makes a very secure bracket for the Newton ball. Played a few games and it is good to go. Will be writing up an install guide this week and then it is up to Mezel on how he wants to sell these. He may buy the other parts, he may not.

I think (if he decides to make kits), he should do preorders so he doesn't buy too many. He could also buy figures off Amazon or somewhere else to finish it up. I will leave that up to him to decide. There are so many options of different wolverine figures to mount above it with a small Lexan piece screwed to the posts. It really becomes player's choice.

#9464 9 years ago

I'm down for a kit LE

#9465 9 years ago

I'm in for both options when made available. Newton ball and belt protector.

#9466 9 years ago

I might be in for Newton ball or the belt. Newton looks awesome, belt protects the original.... Not sure which will come first, but it will be good to have one option before mine breaks.

#9467 9 years ago

Newton ball sure would open up some lanes...I'd probably be in.

Pete

#9468 9 years ago

I have all the parts except for the bracket.

342827.jpg342827.jpg

Not sure when the LE part will be done, but waiting patiently.

Looking forward to better game play.

Robert

#9469 9 years ago

I am definitely in for a bracket. No way am I buying another Wolverine toy to break.

#9470 9 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have all the parts except for the bracket.

Not sure when the LE part will be done, but waiting patiently.
Looking forward to better game play.
Robert

342827.jpg 42 KB

The same bracket works for both. I am writing up a guide this week and once TMezel has it, he can start selling them anytime. Very simple install once you unmount Wolverine. Attach switch to bracket, set the gap (there will be pics). Put bracket up through the bottom of the playfield. Put in Newton ball and secure with nylon nut (#10). Screw in the four posts using a screw into the top threads. This will self tap the bracket. After that, add the 3/4 ball and post rubbers (all but one post). Solder wire from wolverine to the switch. Test play and adjust gap if needed (may require unmounting as this area is very tight). Enjoy a better Xperience.

#9471 9 years ago

METAL

#9472 9 years ago

I'm curious with stacking on (heroes) you can get to DR after starting (but not completing) all heroes and beating Magneto Multiball.

do you need to complete or start all and then defeat MMB to get to DR? What happens if you defeat MMB before you start every hero? Can you not get to DR if you subsequently start the last hero?

#9473 9 years ago

Nope. Every hero has to be started then defeat mmb to get to dr. Just beating him without starting the heros gives you nothing.

#9474 9 years ago
Quoted from Dellamarmalade:

Nope. Every hero has to be started then defeat mmb to get to dr. Just beating him without starting the heros gives you nothing.

Also, I am pretty sure that the Mag MB you start and complete after starting all heroes has to be started as a full 4 ball MB to get to DR. In other words, if you start all heroes, lock 1 ball in Mag and bash the shit out of the locked ball so as to only start a 2 ball Mag MB, and then get the Mag SJP, you will not get to DR because the Mag MB you started was only a 2 ball.

#9476 9 years ago

Added instructions for how to install the bracket in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay#post-2206369

Hoping some of you can read it and tell me what you think. Once this is approved, I think it is fine for Mezel to sell it.

#9477 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Added instructions for how to install the bracket in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judremys-xmen-wolverine-solution-with-gameplay#post-2206369
Hoping some of you can read it and tell me what you think. Once this is approved, I think it is fine for Mezel to sell it.

Done! Mezel make bracket. I want one.

#9478 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Done! Mezel make bracket. I want one.

Forgot to mention. I included the part numbers at the top of the instructions in case anybody wants to buy them now and be ready. Remember though, Mezel MIGHT make full kits. That is entirely his choice though. I'm just providing the how, he provides the what.

#9479 9 years ago

Sweet. Could be perfect timing. I should be picking up an X-men next weekend.

#9480 9 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone know where I can buy JUST this plastic? Ive contacted stern and a distributor and the only way to get it is to buy the full set and thats not an option for me. Hoping someone else bought a set and would like to sell just one piece.

Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 9.49.4... 286 KB

Thought I would try this one more time. Surely someone out there has an extra Even if its a used, non broken one.

290934.png290934.png

#9481 9 years ago

Oh ouch....how did that happen? Random airball?

#9482 9 years ago

Ya I guess so. I actually bought the game like that. I guess remaking that plastic wouldnt be a huge deal, but I would rather not.

#9483 9 years ago

Omega Red wets his bed........LMAO.

I still love the XMENLE. Some of the best pinball for the money IMHO.

#9484 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Omega Red wets his bed........LMAO.

(whisper): He's verrrrry embarrassed about it!!

I'm telling you...those additional DeadPool quotes are the best. Brilliant voicework and scripting on those...

Pete

#9485 9 years ago

I added these mystery awards from the audits to the rulesheet:

Add-a-ball (during multiball)
Light Extra Ball
+9X Bonus
Pops Grow
Shot Awarded (during villain modes)
Hold Bonus
Ball Save
Hold Bonus X
+25X Bonus
Start Nightcrawler
Light Special

anything else missing?

#9486 9 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So is xmen a keeper?

Keeper for me as well... it has still has a high replay value just as it did when it was brand new 2.5 years ago.

You can tell it is for many others, as this is one of the longest running threads on all of Pinside.

#9487 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

I added these mystery awards from the audits to the rulesheet:

maybe you have the link at hand... had it, lost it, cannot find it

many thanks!

#9488 9 years ago

Still loving this game and still bolted to floor

#9489 9 years ago

Yep, killer game that will be the last to leave.

#9490 9 years ago

The post between Cyclops and Iceman is thicker than the one between Iceman and Phoenix, and has a bigger diameter rubber ring. It seems to help when a ball rolls back down the entrance to Cyclops, keeping it from going SDTM. But, it also makes both the Cyclops and Iceman shots a little tighter than they first appear. Did all the games ship this way? Has anyone tried a different post and ring?

#9491 9 years ago

Still digging mine had it for a couple of yrs! So many shots and modes!
It blows me away to this day that more people don't like it. But to each his Own.
I have nine pins and it's always 2nd best behind woz in my lineup for most people.

#9492 9 years ago

I did this post mod and it plays fine now with no bounce backs and the Cyclops shot is easier to make.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men-ramp-posts-mod

#9493 9 years ago

IMG_20150208_070246.jpgIMG_20150208_070246.jpgSo I was cleaning up my garage yesterday and I found a spare set of icicles for the iceman ramp (LE). My game had them when sold to CptAwesomest but there were multiple in the package. Is anyone still out there wanting the spare pair? PM me

#9494 9 years ago

Almost tall enough!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#9495 9 years ago

I have been told that Hell does freeze over. On that day, my XMENLE, AC/DCLE and METLE will be no longer be by my cold dead hands......
Until that day, it is home spun fun in its finest glory!! Pinball on Garth!!
So begins the dawn of Homo-Superior....

#9496 9 years ago

Does any one have any spare custom play/rule cards, I can't get these to print right. Preferably looking for the one with Rogue on it and or other X-Men characters that you guys have. Anything is better then stock. Please pm me. Thanks Donny

#9497 9 years ago

I have an extra set of wolverine and magneto figures forsale. Wolvie has a cracked bracket but still usuable and magneto is fine. Pefect canidates to mod pm if interested.

#9498 9 years ago

Xmen is the one pin my son will not let me trade or sell. That and MMRLE when that shows up, because that was my Birthday gift from him last year.

#9499 9 years ago
Quoted from frg:

maybe you have the link at hand... had it, lost it, cannot find it
many thanks!

... found it Even though it was posted within the 10k posts not only once, here we go again!
Great stuff - thanks to all the contributers!

X-Men Pro/LE Rules / Rulesheet - Latest Code: v1.51

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0/edit#

#9500 9 years ago
Quoted from frg:

... found it Even though it was posted within the 10k posts not only once, here we go again!
Great stuff - thanks to all the contributers!
X-Men Pro/LE Rules / Rulesheet - Latest Code: v1.51
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RXQg7NEYahyzLrrT-E3WXAmhKNtT-eVfqc5GEWZdHL0/edit#

Wait...it wasn't posted in here before, or it has been posted multiple times, but was lost in the 9.5k posts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 251.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/x-men/page/190 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.