Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,115 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by Shaker
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.
    #3051 11 months ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

How long do orders from Ice usually take? I ordered 5 days ago and it still has not shipped. I had some new CCCP players in the order, so maybe they make them as ordered.

When I ordered my MOI (Miracle on Ice) version back on 09/14/2014 it was shipped on 10/02/2014. I realize that was close to 9 years ago, but it really depends upon where your order falls in their queue as they likely have to put together a game that meets the specifications of your specific order.

Oh, I see that you specifically ordered a new set of CCCP players. That is likely the main cause for a delay. I ordered a full set of CCCP players on 08/15/2022 and they did not ship until 09/15/2022. ICE has to hand paint and clear a set of the CCCP players as they likely don't have them sitting around on a shelf waiting to send out.

I am sure others who have ordered more recently will chime in with their timeline on their ICE orders.

Gord

3 months later
    #3052 8 months ago

Wanted to let everyone know of this. We had to replace a few player washers on a Super Chexx. The cost from Ice directly was fine (part SC3008, $0.50 ea) but the shipping was going to be crazy compared to the price of the washers. We took a chance and picked up some 1"ID x 1/4"OD x 1/16" thick nylon washers from Menards. To get players in and out these seem to have about the same give as the OEM (Lexan?) washers for the game, and we got 40 of them shipped for less than $10.
    https://www.menards.com/main/hardware/fasteners-connectors/washers-spacers/fender-washers/grip-fast-reg-1-4-nylon-washers/2336675/p-1444451980024-c-8943.htm
    I'm hoping at minimum they are less likely to crack when inserting/removing players instead of the OEM ones. If we find any issues with them I'll follow up.

#3053 8 months ago

I have 2 questions and own an original chexx
    What is the best way to sand down and polish the dome?
    Where can you get the bolts that hold the dome to the cabinet?

#3054 8 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where can you get the bolts that hold the dome to the cabinet?

#3055 8 months ago

Thank you. This is okay but I need to see from the start. What sandpaper to use and how many different kinds, how you do it wet etc before you even get to where this video starts lol

#3056 8 months ago

Check post 752

#3057 8 months ago

Here is the link for the aforementioned post #752 by @bossk4hire.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/16#post-3886362

Gord

1 week later
    #3058 7 months ago

Selling my Chexx Pro Lake Tahoe Edition if anyone is looking for one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/163598

20230905_195736 (resized).jpg20230905_195736 (resized).jpg
    #3059 7 months ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Selling my Chexx Pro Lake Tahoe Edition if anyone is looking for one.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/163598[quoted image]

Ooooohhhh.... As a Bruins fan that lives outside of Philly, I wish. Not in the cards for me though, hope it gets a good new home!

#3060 7 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thank you. This is okay but I need to see from the start. What sandpaper to use and how many different kinds, how you do it wet etc before you even get to where this video starts lol

why it says "part 2", a simple YouTube search shows part 1. I keep meaning to do another to reiterate a few things, mainly start too light & No 400 grit is not light lol

1 week later
    #3061 7 months ago

I seem to have misplaced the bolts that hold the dome to the base on my original Chexx
    Can anyone help?

#3062 7 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

I seem to have misplaced the bolts that hold the dome to the base on my original Chexx
    Can anyone help?

I got this answer from ICE about 3 years ago for my 2016 Super Chexx.

The specs for the dome bolt are as follows: 5/16-18 X 3/4 BSHCS

So you can get these bolts anywhere, they are standard bolts. I hope this helps! KozMckPinball

#3063 7 months ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I got this answer from ICE about 3 years ago for my 2016 Super Chexx.
    The specs for the dome bolt are as follows: 5/16-18 X 3/4 BSHCS
    So you can get these bolts anywhere, they are standard bolts. I hope this helps! KozMckPinball

Thank you!
    I’m in Australia so unlikely I can get these bolts anywhere here but I’ll search cheers!

#3064 7 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thank you!
    I’m in Australia so unlikely I can get these bolts anywhere here but I’ll search cheers!

Here is the link to the part cited in the previous post by @kozmckpinball.

https://www.icegame.com/product/24449/516-18-x-34-bshcsdome-bolt

Gord

#3065 7 months ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Here is the link to the part cited in the previous post by KozMckPinball.
    https://www.icegame.com/product/24449/516-18-x-34-bshcsdome-bolt
    Gord

Much appreciated thank you

2 weeks later
    #3066 6 months ago

I am picking one of these up on Thursday. I need to lift it up into the back of my pick up truck. Think I can handle this on my own? I can take the field off separate from the base.

I checked the weight and I'm not concerned with the weight. I'm just wondering given the size as anyone done this?

I am trying to figure out what to expect. Since I don't think I'll have any help.

Thx!

#3067 6 months ago
    Quoted from PinHigh1:

I am picking one of these up on Thursday. I need to lift it up into the back of my pick up truck. Think I can handle this on my own? I can take the field off separate from the base.
    I checked the weight and I'm not concerned with the weight. I'm just wondering given the size as anyone done this?
    I am trying to figure out what to expect. Since I don't think I'll have any help.
    Thx!

It's pretty awkward to do as a whole unit by your self. I'd take the 2 parts a part.

#3068 6 months ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

It's pretty awkward to do as a whole unit by your self. I'd take the 2 parts a part.

Thank you! Looks like 4 bolts to take the playfield off and then a few cables to unplug.

Hopefully I can slide the field over enough to reach the plugs without knocking the field onto the ground!

#3069 6 months ago

If you separate the playfield/dome from the base, you'll have no problem lifting and moving the base around by yourself. The playfield/dome are definitely awkward and it would be better if you had an extra set of hands to move that piece into your vehicle but I think you can still do it by yourself. I've moved mine around before when the two pieces were separated from each other.

QSS

#3070 6 months ago

I had thought I posted pictures of my custom Chexx. It rarely gets played, but sure looks amazing.Thanks to Marc Blais and Magnus Leslie for the custom players and graphics.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #3071 6 months ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

If you separate the playfield/dome from the base, you'll have no problem lifting and moving the base around by yourself. The playfield/dome are definitely awkward and it would be better if you had an extra set of hands to move that piece into your vehicle but I think you can still do it by yourself. I've moved mine around before when the two pieces were separated from each other.
    QSS

Good to know. Thank you.

#3072 6 months ago

On an original Chexx how are the player washers supposed to fit? I see they sit on top of the gear but the hole isn’t big enough to push the square peg at the bottom of the player through

#3073 6 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

On an original Chexx how are the player washers supposed to fit? I see they sit on top of the gear but the hole isn’t big enough to push the square peg at the bottom of the player through

The washer is too small for the square metal peg. You have to force it through and then that’s will keep the player from flying off. Make sure you line up the shape of the gearbox with the peg as best you can so it goes through the washer and into the gearbox at the same time.

#3074 6 months ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

The washer is too small for the square metal peg. You have to force it through and then that’s will keep the player from flying off. Make sure you line up the shape of the gearbox with the peg as best you can so it goes through the washer and into the gearbox at the same time.

Really? I feel like I’m going to snap my player in half trying to get it through the washer lol

Edit got them in with some force

1 week later
    #3075 6 months ago

Well I’ve spent the entire weekend sanding my very damaged dome from 400 grit to 7000 grit. Used Novus 3, then 2 and then an acrylic polish from Autosol. It’s looks a lot better but still hazy in my eyes
    I’d love thoughts from this group as to how to further improve this dome

IMG_0041 (resized).jpegIMG_0041 (resized).jpegIMG_0042 (resized).jpegIMG_0042 (resized).jpegIMG_0043 (resized).jpegIMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #3076 6 months ago

Really close to finishing my restore now. Does anyone know a good way to remove these stickers off the base?

IMG_0081 (resized).jpegIMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    #3077 6 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Really close to finishing my restore now. Does anyone know a good way to remove these stickers off the base?
    [quoted image]

Heat gun and plastic scraper for the sticker. Low heat, go slow, move it back and forth along the edge you are peeling. Stay in one place too long might melt the base.

Then something like goo gone for any sticky that’s left.

3 weeks later
    #3078 5 months ago

I wish they made a dust cover for a bubble hockey game, like the one on my foosball table . I was thinking of a modified gas grill over ,but it might look like hell.

IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpgIMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    #3079 5 months ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I wish they made a dust cover for a bubble hockey game, like the one on my foosball table . I was thinking of a modified gas grill over ,but it might look like hell.
    [quoted image]

I use a twin fitted sheet

20230402_121006 (resized).jpg20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    #3080 5 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well I’ve spent the entire weekend sanding my very damaged dome from 400 grit to 7000 grit. Used Novus 3, then 2 and then an acrylic polish from Autosol. It’s looks a lot better but still hazy in my eyes
    I’d love thoughts from this group as to how to further improve this dome
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

flame polish or buffer, I would research both.

#3081 5 months ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Heat gun and plastic scraper for the sticker. Low heat, go slow, move it back and forth along the edge you are peeling. Stay in one place too long might melt the base.
    Then something like goo gone for any sticky that’s left.

heat gun and plastic razorblade should work fine.

#3082 5 months ago
    Quoted from trauma:

pretty sure this plastic dome can't be flame polished. some plastics won't. i think the base will though. def needs more time with novus 2 to get rid of that haze look

#3083 5 months ago
    Quoted from TimBoch:

I had thought I posted pictures of my custom Chexx. It rarely gets played, but sure looks amazing.Thanks to Marc Blais and Magnus Leslie for the custom players and graphics.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

AIwr.gifAIwr.gif
    #3084 5 months ago

I had a collar come off q player gearbox. They are square bits. I have an SQ1 that seems to fit but it doesn't go down far enough to turn without popping out. Any pro tips for this operation? Is there a different bit?

PXL_20231121_223429875.jpgPXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    #3085 5 months ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

I had a collar come off q player gearbox. They are square bits. I have an SQ1 that seems to fit but it doesn't go down far enough to turn without popping out. Any pro tips for this operation? Is there a different bit?
    [quoted image]

Grind/file/remove material from the bit allowing a full seat.

1 month later
    #3086 4 months ago
    Quoted from trauma:

I flame polished mine. But flame polishing can be dangerous to perform if you haven't done it before. (By dangerous, I mean to the product, not to you). If you don't do it properly your will risk damaging the plastic.

#3087 4 months ago

Well I have finished the restore on my original Chexx, lots of work put in and I’m happy!

IMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0240 (resized).jpegIMG_0241 (resized).jpegIMG_0241 (resized).jpegIMG_0244 (resized).jpegIMG_0244 (resized).jpegIMG_0245 (resized).jpegIMG_0245 (resized).jpegIMG_0246 (resized).jpegIMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    #3088 4 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well I have finished the restore on my original Chexx, lots of work put in and I’m happy!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, that looks really nice. Congrats on a job well done.

Gord

#3089 4 months ago

I just got a newer used unit, miracle on ice, for xmas.

i noticed on the menu that the menu item in blue is fine and legible, but the option in yellow is far off the screen to the left, and i only am seeing the end characters.

is there a fix for this?

#3090 4 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

more novus 2 help ya clear up the dome?

#3091 4 months ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

more novus 2 help ya clear up the dome?

No unfortunately- I took it to a professional plastic polishing firm locally and for $100 he got it looking pristine

#3092 4 months ago
    Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Wanted to let everyone know of this. We had to replace a few player washers on a Super Chexx. The cost from Ice directly was fine (part SC3008, $0.50 ea) but the shipping was going to be crazy compared to the price of the washers. We took a chance and picked up some 1"ID x 1/4"OD x 1/16" thick nylon washers from Menards. To get players in and out these seem to have about the same give as the OEM (Lexan?) washers for the game, and we got 40 of them shipped for less than $10.
    https://www.menards.com/main/hardware/fasteners-connectors/washers-spacers/fender-washers/grip-fast-reg-1-4-nylon-washers/2336675/p-1444451980024-c-8943.htm
    I'm hoping at minimum they are less likely to crack when inserting/removing players instead of the OEM ones. If we find any issues with them I'll follow up.

FYI, 4 months later and these washers used to anchor the players are still holding up great. This is in an on-route game as well.

#3093 4 months ago

where can i get firmware for this so i can redo my sd cards?

1 month later
    #3094 86 days ago

Anybody know if one of these can fit cattycorner in a Honda Element without disassembly?

1 week later
    #3095 79 days ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody know if one of these can fit cattycorner in a Honda Element without disassembly?

That May not work due to the height….you could try on its side….but my advice would be go rent a Home Depot van for what $40.00 for 8 hours… you dont want to impact the dome and its one huge clear piece of expensive kit.

#3096 77 days ago

I thought it would fit catty corner but it did not. It was incredibly easy to detach the dome from the base, unhook a couple cables and ride on.

#3097 77 days ago

original chexx owner, can't get machine to get credits now to play a game. anybody work on boards here

1 week later
    #3098 67 days ago

I picked up a really nice looking Super Chexx with sound issues. Has anyone run across this or know why this Super Chexx is making this noise? Nothing appears to be blown out on the board and I traced all the wires and they appear to be in the right locations.

The sound doesn't start until the start button is pushed and when the national anthem would play.

sc (resized).jpgsc (resized).jpg
    #3099 67 days ago
    Quoted from roep0013:

I picked up a really nice looking Super Chexx with sound issues. Has anyone run across this or know why this Super Chexx is making this noise? Nothing appears to be blown out on the board and I traced all the wires and they appear to be in the right locations.

The sound doesn't start until the start button is pushed and when the national anthem would play.[quoted image]

Try and repseat the 2 sound rom chips. Lower right on the big board

#3100 67 days ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Try and repseat the 2 sound rom chips. Lower right on the big board

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Would my best option be to send the board in or just buy two new sound rom chips?

There are 3,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/62?hl=ryguy80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.