Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 9 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Im planning on picking up my new Super Chexx tomorrow, I have done some research but cant get a solid answer.... I have a 32 inch door, will the base fit through? It seems with some creative twisting it will but can anyone confirm that?

Allegedly you can get it though a 32-inch door with some creative twisting. I have about a 31.5 inch door so I opted for a split base which is a little more setup as I had to disassemble it, but it easily fit through the door when split. Call ICE and ask them. They will know.

Sales Inquiries & Support Contacts:
    855-552-4399 toll free
    716-759-0360 ext. 3 phone
    716-759-0884 fax
    [email protected] e-mail
    [email protected] support e-mail

Gord

3 months later
    #320 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballYeti:

Have you guys done anything to mitigate bounce-backs from the goal? It's happened three times to me in my last two games - puck hits the back of the goal "net" and bounces back into play. I'm thinking about sticking something like felt onto the inside of the goal to absorb some energy of the shot.

Does your game have the net curtain installed?

http://www.icegame.com/p-24265-net-curtain.aspx

This is needed to reduce/eliminate bounce outs.

Gord

SC3002A.jpgSC3002A.jpg

#322 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

do you mean, like the plastic has a "net" look in it?

delete.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

No, the net curtain is a thin film of clear plastic that covers the front of the plastic goal and absorbs the energy of the shot so that the puck doesn't BANG off the back of the plastic goal and ricochet back onto the ice surface. After the puck nestles into the net curtain it drops into the plastic goal.

Gord

#324 8 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Oh oh oh. I thought you mean, does your "net" have a curtain in it" if not, order this...which is true, BUT I thought the net curtain was just the "net" looking plastic.
    Ah thank you for the information! I was unaware they had a thin piece in there to absorb! It makes sense.

Yup, you got it now. That is correct.

Gord

#329 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballYeti:

Thanks for mentioning that - I just checked and the curtains are installed and look OK.

That is strange that you are getting bounce outs with the net curtain installed. I have only had my game since October of 2014, but I don't recall ever having a bounce out.

Gord

2 months later
    #339 8 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

Got mine a few weeks ago.. Loving it! Had a mini-tournament at my house Sunday. Never gets old!
    IMG_4254.jpg

With your HF lift table underneath it appears that your Super Chexx game is levitating. Sort of cool.

Gord

4 weeks later
    #342 8 years ago
    Quoted from locdb:

Coin door worth paying the extra couple hundred for?

I thought so. I wanted more of an official arcade look and if you ever sell it down the road you will find that a lot of collectors will want the coin door.

If you don't ever envision selling the game under any circumstances and you don't want the coin door for your own personal use then it may make sense for you to forego the coin door.

Gord

5 months later
    #397 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Thx. Two trips ain't happening as its 3 hrs rt.
    Top and base come off, just need dimensions of the based without playfield and bubble.

My USA vs. CCCP Miracle On Ice Super Chexx was purchased from ICE in October of 2014. Below are the dimensions of the base ONLY.

W: 36" (actually closer to 35.5")
    L: 36" (actually closer to 35.5")
    H: 31"

Hopefully this helps you out.

Gord

#398 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

No hook up for a trailer. My wife traded our sequioa for a cx-9....aaarrrrrgh!
    Looks like base may be 35" square, which is too big for the opening.

It might be worth renting a pickup for half a day or borrowing one from a friend.

Gord

#403 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

How long and wide is the playfield?
    How wide is the top of the base?
    May not fit. I think the height of the pf w/base is about 23-24?

Playfield Unit Dimensions:
    L: 41" (55" with handles for hockey players which stick out on both sides of playfield)
    W: 36"
    H: 21-22" (From top of plastic dome to bottom of the playfield unit which secures to base)

Top Of Base Dimensions:
    L: 26"
    W: 26"

#408 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks...one way or another it's coming home with me Sunday morning. It has the split base and coin door options. Huo and like new! May have to tie playfield to the roof. It's a great deal.

My Super Chexx also has the coin door and split base options. Make sure to bring several packing blankets and something to tie it down with in the event that you need to tie the playfield to the roof of your vehicle.

Gord

#411 8 years ago

Hi Lermods,

Very nice score on that Super Chexx. It is in GREAT condition.

To turn your machine on/off you could do one of the following:

1. Install an inline switch.
    2. Install a switchable power outlet on the wall (may require an electrician or someone who is handy with electrical systems).
    3. Use a power strip and then turn the power strip on/off to turn the game on/off.
    4. Use X10 controls as I did in the photos below. I had extra X10 stuff laying around from a prior project and put it to use.

Also, you said that your game is a split base game, as is mine and this feature is shown in the last photo below. You can take the base apart to get it into/through tight doorway/hallway spaces. It is a little bit of a hassle to take it apart, but it is by no means brain surgery.

Gord

DSCN0165_(resized).JPGDSCN0165_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0162_(resized).JPGDSCN0162_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0159_(resized).JPGDSCN0159_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0161_(resized).JPGDSCN0161_(resized).JPG
    DSCN0166_(resized).JPGDSCN0166_(resized).JPG

#416 8 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Freakin awesome! Kids love it, they've had friends over, they love it. I really like how the sounds coincide with the shots. Wonder if there is an LED bulb to replace the overhead light, a cooler white to better mimic the color of ice in arenas? It's a bit to yellow now.
    Really happy with the purchase, like having a brand new pin. Hope it lasts.

It is a great game. The only problem is you cannot play it by yourself like you can a pin, but that doesn't sound like an issue at your house.

Gord

10 months later
    #449 7 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Can I join? Just picked this up last night.
    Formerly routed with 35k plays on the counter. Some scuffs and some scratches here and there, but overall not bad! Per the seller who refurbished it: board work done by Ice, new wire harness, new ribbon cable, new gear boxes as needed, new ice surface, figures painted with nail polish and clear. I can hit the surface scratches on the dome with Novus 3-2-1.
    The only issue (which might be normal?) is the static noise from the speakers. No static until I hit the start button and then static noise throughout the game, which makes the music and sound effects less clear. Is this normal? If not, any recommendations on how to eliminate the static noise?
    Also, I can't find a date anywhere. Can you guys age this from looking at it?

Hi NCR,

That looks like a nice Super Chexx. You can likely tell the exact age by getting the serial number and then emailing ICE and asking them when it was manufactured.

My game does not have have the static speaker noise that you mention so I am not sure how to resolve that issue, but it doesn't sound normal to me.

I can tell by looking at your game that it looks to be very similar to my '1980 Miracle on Ice USA vs. USSR' model that I purchased new in September of 2014. Some photos of my game are below so that you can compare the two games for yourself.

Enjoy your new game as they are very durable and a blast to play.

Gord

DSCN0162 (resized).JPGDSCN0162 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0165 (resized).JPGDSCN0165 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0166 (resized).JPGDSCN0166 (resized).JPG
    SUPER_CHEXX_SN (resized).JPGSUPER_CHEXX_SN (resized).JPG

#458 7 years ago

Here's a sound snippet from my game. I cannot really discern any type of sound abnormality.

Gord

https://www.flickr.com/photos/140469729@N02/32001540512/in/datetaken/

3 weeks later
    #522 7 years ago
    Quoted from albose:

Anyone ever had success adding a goal light to their Super Chexx? I know the older Japanese version had a goal light behind the goal. Believe it used the boards from the Kixx soccer game. Wondering if there is a way to tap into the goal switch that could turn on a light when the puck triggers this switch. Would like to add one without having to modify the default setup too much. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

A goal light mod for Super Chexx bubble hockey would be much in demand if someone can figure out how to create a plug and play mod.

Gord

1 week later
    #549 7 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I ended up opting for a coin door and split base to bump the price $2795. Still, not bad.

I don't think you will regret either option in the long run. Many collectors will want the coin door option and the split base option is nice if a potential buyer down the road doesn't have a wide enough doorway.

So for an extra $300 you get both options. That may very well prove out to be money well spent.

Gord

1 month later
    #624 7 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

That's the only downside with Chexx. It's only really fun if you play against someone of a similar skill level.

True, but when I play against my stepsons who are of a lesser skill level and crush them it is actually quite fun for me.

Gord

1 month later
    #708 6 years ago
    Quoted from Flyermania:

Anyone happen to know of a Super Chexx available in the Chicago area?

Super Chexx games for sale will pop up on the following site from time to time.

http://chexxfan.proboards.com/board/3/chexx-tables-parts-sale

Gord

2 months later
    #748 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

So I a long-shot of a request. My Super Chexx has the older style of main board and scoreboard. Apparently the boards inside the old scoreboard and new scoreboard are not interchangeable; nor can the old main board power a new scoreboard. Does anyone know where I can buy a single board for the old scoreboard? I'm very hesitant to send it into Ice as the $85 per hour could add up very quickly. In the picture the old board is the one with more components.

Have you tried posting a WTB request for the single board for the old scoreboard on this Chexx site?

http://chexxfan.proboards.com/board/3/chexx-tables-parts-sale

It might be worth a try if you haven't.

Gord

3 months later
    #868 6 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Just got my new ice and goals on my 83’ Chexx. Had league tonight. Man felt good to play Chexx again!!!! Only issue I had was (not sure if it was because of uneven floor) when a goal would happen, the puck eject may take 2-3 times to fire on try 2 it would award a goal to USA. Always USA. If I shook the game it would wiggle he puck and eject fine at each goal. So I think my floor isn’t level but that is an odd issue.

Hi NV,

As stated in the response above by meSz you should check out page 14 in the manual from the URL below.

Gord

https://www.icegame.com/images/document/e8d5f310-25da-4ecb-bb0a-7e41ab3847d0/manuals/Super-Chexx-Service-Manual_A.pdf

#883 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bing_Party:

I gotta see. Problem is I am hiding it from my 6 year old till Christmas morning. He plays it in the arcade all the time. I think I will assemble it to make sure it’s working and then rebox it for storage till Christmas Eve when I reassemble for Christmas. Hopefully I get a chance to do this late one night with some friends help.

Assembly of the Super Chexx bubble hockey game is really pretty easy, however, the difficulty factor rises exponentially with a 6-year-old asking you every 30 seconds if it is done yet.

Definitely put it together ahead of time if you have the means to do so. BTW, that is a heck of a nice Christmas gift for your family. Enjoy it.

Gord

#885 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tvpinballs:

I ordered my Super Chexx pro today!!!! How long does it usually take to get it?

When I purchased my Super Chexx Miracle On Ice edition back in 2014 it shipped in 10 days or so from the order date and took another 5 days or so to arrive.

Gord

1 week later
    #906 6 years ago
    Quoted from Khabbi:

I have a HUO Super Chexx for sale in Tampa, red base, coin door, beautiful shape, for $1800, if anyone is interested.

That is a very nice example of a Super Chexx and it should sell at the price that you listed. GLWTS.

Gord

#920 6 years ago
    Quoted from OTTOgd:

Chexx '83 bases are so darn wide and I couldn't get mine down the stairs of my bro-in-laws. PIA!
    ... so I cut it in half! Added a 38" folding metal, supported by wood, not unlike the new bases. Only have to unscrew 4 bolts on each side and disconnect the one speaker to split.

That is a very nice DIY mod with the split base. I have a split base which was performed at the ICE factory on a Super Chexx game that I purchased in September of 2014.

Your split base mod is basically identical to my split base which was done at the factory by ICE. You really did a good job on this split base mod.

Gord

1 week later
    #990 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I think your top needs turned around...the ribbon cable to the scoreboard should be on the other side. ???

I agree with you. Below is a photo of my Super Chexx.

Gord

1 month later
    #1087 6 years ago

Super Chexx really shines when 3 players of equal skill get together. My favorite format is the
    3-MAN-RACE-TO-SEVEN
    * Rock, scissors, paper with odd man out sitting the first game
    * winner stays on. Loser sits. 3rd person rotates in
    * first player to win 7 games, wins the match
    * each player gets one “timeout” (often used to try and stop a players hot streak)
    Usually last about 30-45 minutes. Max playing time is about 75 minutes.
    What I’ve seen is when you get 4-5-6 or more players and only one bubble hockey table, people sit around alot waiting for the next game. Double elimination tournaments are best for larger groups. With a consolation prize given to the winner of the loser bracket to help keep folks interested. But in my book, the 3 man race is best...

That is sort of a cool little tournament. I like the format except for the timeout rule. I will give this a go the next time I have a house full of people.

Thanks.

Gord

1 month later
    #1188 6 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

It's been quiet around here lately, hopefully everyone is off playing their games. I got a 3d printer for Christmas and needed a project that was small to use while testing settings and getting things tweaked so I decided to try making custom pucks. Here are the results so far. I've only had them done for a few days but they seem to play about the same, hopefully they hold up. Has anyone else tried customizing pucks with logos or painting them?

That is a cool idea, the switch for the 'Oh Sensor' detects the metal inside the puck and then plays a sound. Would your custom pucks trip the 'Oh Sensor'? I am just curious as you wouldn't want to lose this feature.

I see that taylor34 beat me to the punch.

Gord

7 months later
    #1414 5 years ago

Holy cow! Shopping for parts on ICE website...$82 on a ball eject solenoid for chexx/old super chexx??? Can someone look and confirm that I’m seeing that correctly? New super chexx $52???

I just checked and confirmed for the solenoid assembly and you are seeing correctly (Old Super Chexx/Chexx is $81.80 and Super Chexx New Version is $52.80).

https://www.icegame.com/category/22/super-chexx#parts

Gord

1 month later
    #1458 5 years ago

Tape ordered. How tough is it to remove, if necessary?

Plastic razor blades and Goo Gone will do the trick. The link below is for plastic razor blades. Scroll to the very bottom after clicking on the link.

Gord

http://www.pinrestore.com/Tools.html

1 year later
    #1836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok cool. Well if he sucks as bad as I do at foosball it would be an easy choice for him. I always wanted to learn how to play foosball but just never could get good at it.
    Seems like some people like bubble hockey more and some like foosball more. I am taking a big risk because I have never played bubble hockey. I have watched tons of videos on it though and I think they are gorgeous to look at and I wanted to add some variety to my gameroom so i am pretty sure that I'm going to like it alot, i can just feel it. I've also talked to several people who own a Super Chexx that i trust their opinion and everybody that owns or has played one loves them.
    Once I get it set up and have played a few games I will give my honest opinion of it good or bad.

Bubble hockey is a great game. My generation grew up playing the small rod hockey tables with the flat metal players, but the concept is the same as bubble hockey where you can pass the puck from the wings to your center and have the center quickly put a shot on goal.

The USA vs. USSR Miracle on Ice version (I have this version) is timeless. Enjoy your new purchase.

Gord

DSCN0165 (resized).JPGDSCN0165 (resized).JPG

#1851 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for pictures Gord. Everytime i see a picture of the Miracle on Ice version it makes me realize that i made a good choice because it looks so good. The Miracle on Ice version is the very first one that they made isnt it?

Hmm, I am not sure that I understand your question regarding the 'Miracle On Ice' version being the very first one that they made. Are you asking if this is the very first version of Chexx/Super Chexx that was created by ICE? I don't really know very much about the history of ICE and the chronology of the hockey themes for their bubble hockey games. Sorry

Gord

2 weeks later
    #2013 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

So just out of curiosity, I had an issue where one of my rods cam loose and I had to pull the players up off of the playfield which was a pain in the butt and then had to get in there and connect the rod back to the gearbox. I was just wondering if something like that is common and how much maintenance there is to do on these games? My game only had about 30 games on it when that happened.
    Do the metal couplings come loose periodically?

I have had my game for 5 years now and have never had any of the rods come loose. There is almost no maintenance required on these games in a HUO environment other than to occasionally wipe down the ice with lemon pledge to keep it nice and slippery for the puck. If you do need to do some maintenance YouTube has quite a few videos available which will help you out.

If you play it a lot and beat on the game a bit your mileage may vary. My bubble hockey game really only gets played when we have visitors as it is just me and my wife at home and she isn't much of a bubble hockey player.

Gord

4 weeks later
    #2171 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Those with the split base, do you find it sturdy, does the split compromise the rigidity of the base at all? Thanks a bunch in advance

The split base is very sturdy on my Super Chexx USA vs USSR Miracle on Ice edition. If you may need the functionality of a split base at some point down the road due to a narrow doorway then do not worry about this at all as it is rock solid.

Gord

5 months later
    #2360 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Does anyone know where I can try one of these games out in my area?

25 years ago I could always find one to play at Chuck E. Cheese franchises.

Gord

2 months later
    #2527 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

The other thing that’s been happening with my Super Chexx is the puck got stuck a few times in the puck track, didn’t make it all the way down to the ejector. Had to tip the table to get it to move. I really hate to pull the ice this soon. The games is only 3 days old.

Is the game 100 percent level? That may make a difference.

Gord

#2529 3 years ago

Maybe the puck tolerances during manufacturing have changed. You may want to try a different puck to see if you still have the issue.

I was reading in this thread how some of the newer pucks seem to chip easier which seems strange. My Super Chexx (USA vs. USSR) is 6 years old and the puck still looks brand new and I have only had the puck get stuck once in the puck track that I recall and I picked up the table from one end and set it down and dislodged the stuck puck.

Have you called tech support at ICE? If nothing else they will likely send you a new puck to try out.

Gord

#2533 3 years ago
    Quoted from eharan:

I have some minor scuffs on the dome that I am hoping can be removed. Can anyone recommend what product to use to try and buff the scuffs out? They are just surface scratches, not deep at all and would prefer not to use a machine to buff them out.
    Thanks
    Ed

After a Christmas party a few years ago I noticed that there was a scratch in my Super Chexx dome and I was able to remove it completely using Novus 2 followed by Novus 1. Be sure to use a nice new soft clean microfiber towel when rubbing and buffing the dome using Novus 2 and then Novus 1.

It took maybe 15-20 minutes of hard rubbing by hand with the microfiber towel and Novus 2 and Novus 1 to complete the task. The scratch was not super deep, but it was noticeable and now all trace of the scratch has been successfully removed from the dome and the dome looks like new again.

Gord

2 months later
    #2607 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Basement update: I’ve been MIA on this page for a little while. Been busy finishing up somethings. 1st I finally finished my base for the Super Chexx with LEDs. 2nd, my helmet wall is completed and my furniture FINALLY came!! Life is good [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job on the riser base for your Super Chexx. I cannot do that to mine as the grand kids have to stand on a small stool as is to play the game.

Gord

8 months later
    #2713 2 years ago
    Quoted from Snappy:

Cool story:
    Was installing a new goalie and when I was reinstalling the screw it broke off in the receptacle. FAIL. Guess that goalie is in there for awhile..
    Question: I have a super chexx pro bought just this year and I cannot get the players out. It almost looks like the clear washers they (the factory, I bought it new) used had a round hole and they just forced the square metal player post through it... now when I'm trying to pull them out I can't get the square player post to get back through the washer... anyone else experience this? I'm kind of at a loss for how to get the players out..

Pinsider latenite04 used to offer up a player removal tool for sale. I am not sure if they are still available or not.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/46#post-5539056

Gord

2 months later
    #2743 2 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Love these custom nets, looks so much better![quoted image][quoted image]

Those nets look pretty cool. Did you get the nets from the following URL?

https://www.chexxmods.com/thenet

I like what you did with the water bottle on the back of the net. The nets from Chexx Mods doesn't contain the water bottle for each net so I assume that you added this yourself.

Gord

#2745 2 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Nope got them from a guy on Facebook. Not sure there is any other way to contact him than there but super nice and got them done and shipped out quickly. https://www.facebook.com/thomas.bouvart.31

Thanks for the response. I don't do Facebook, but I appreciate the lead.

Gord

6 months later
    #2890 1 year ago
    Quoted from Kwaheltrut:

Mine gives off a slight hum when off. It's because it's never really off, it just sleeps like a PC. I put mine on a switch to solve that problem and eliminate the small amount of energy that it's constantly wasting.

I use the outlet switch from the Amazon link below so there is no power going to the game once the switch is turned off and I get zero hum when it is off. I see that this specific switch is currently unavailable, but there are other similar switches.

Gord

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F55MTK8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00

2 months later
    #2909 1 year ago
    Quoted from weinerdog:

Can anyone advise on Ice Game distributors and their pricing? I know that distributors are prohibited from advertising prices below what Ice sells for, but I'm wondering if I have room to haggle.
    The game I'm looking at is $4795 on the Ice site.
    An authorized distributor on eBay selling for $4795 with free shipping. If eBay's cut is 12.9%, then they get $4215 after fees, so is it reasonable to think I could ping them directly and get the game for $4500 so we both save?
    Thanks for any feedback!

I purchased my 'Miracle on Ice' version in October of 2014 directly from ICE. The authorized distributors always seem to have their games priced the same as ICE. I don't think that haggling is really an option with the Super Chexx Pro games, but if you can get a few hundred off the ICE price then good for you.

Gord

2 months later
    #2959 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

What's the maintenance like on these machines? Reliable electronically and mechanically?

I have had my Miracle on Ice Super Chexx game for a little over 8 years and just recently the long stick Russian player's stick broke. That is the only thing that I have had to replace on my game since I purchased the game in September of 2014.

In a home use environment these games are nearly maintenance free (unlike pinball machines). Wipe down the dome with a damp microfiber cloth when needed and some folks spray lemon pledge on the ice surface occasionally to keep it nice and slippery.

Gord

#2964 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I use dryer sheets. Fold it in half, then in half again and that’s good for a single “cleaning” and has lasted for many games. Several hundred on location. I’m going to have to do it again soon but I liked the results the last few times.

Hmm, so the dryer sheets make the ice surface nice and slippery? Oh, it probably smells good too. I will have to try this next time I open the bubble on my game.

Gord

#2979 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m sure many have come here, and posted the same thing, I think I want to buy one….
    I guess my big question is how similar is it to foosball? I had an electronic foosball I got when I was 8, we played the crap out of it for like 20 years or so. I got it back from my parents house a few years ago with the intention of fixing it (it was seriously a nice table) but the osb of the main had warped, plastics were cracked and not cleaning up that great, just beat to hell so we threw it out.
    This was truly the first arcade style game we ever had and once again, we played it like crazy. What’s the similarities in terms of playing?
    I was never a ‘spinner’ just a methodical shot maker slamming them in.
    I want the USA V USSR version.
    I love reading that it’s basically maintenance free. Hoping it can take a beating from kids too and long term play.
    Thanks for any input!!

Hi @goldenbeard,

That is a really good choice in picking the MOI (Miracle on Ice) 1980 USA vs. USSR version of the game. I purchased the Super Chexx MOI version back in September of 2014 and everyone loves this game and this version.

I like hockey much more than soccer so for me this was a no brainer to purchase and the game play can be fast and furious and there is very little maintenance required in a home use environment. In over 8+ years that I have owned it other than wiping the dome down with a damp microfiber cloth there is really not much else I have done to it and it still looks and functions perfectly. The next time that I open the dome I will wipe the ice down with a folded dryer sheet which according to desertT1 works very well for keeping the 'ice' surface nice and slippery.

Good luck in your quest to find your own MOI version of the game as I think that you and your family will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Gord

P1020742 (resized).JPGP1020742 (resized).JPG
    P1020743 (resized).JPGP1020743 (resized).JPG

5 months later
    #3051 11 months ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

How long do orders from Ice usually take? I ordered 5 days ago and it still has not shipped. I had some new CCCP players in the order, so maybe they make them as ordered.

When I ordered my MOI (Miracle on Ice) version back on 09/14/2014 it was shipped on 10/02/2014. I realize that was close to 9 years ago, but it really depends upon where your order falls in their queue as they likely have to put together a game that meets the specifications of your specific order.

Oh, I see that you specifically ordered a new set of CCCP players. That is likely the main cause for a delay. I ordered a full set of CCCP players on 08/15/2022 and they did not ship until 09/15/2022. ICE has to hand paint and clear a set of the CCCP players as they likely don't have them sitting around on a shelf waiting to send out.

I am sure others who have ordered more recently will chime in with their timeline on their ICE orders.

Gord

3 months later
    #3057 7 months ago

Here is the link for the aforementioned post #752 by @bossk4hire.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/16#post-3886362

Gord

3 weeks later
    #3064 7 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Thank you!
    I’m in Australia so unlikely I can get these bolts anywhere here but I’ll search cheers!

Here is the link to the part cited in the previous post by @kozmckpinball.

https://www.icegame.com/product/24449/516-18-x-34-bshcsdome-bolt

Gord

3 months later
    #3088 3 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well I have finished the restore on my original Chexx, lots of work put in and I’m happy!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang, that looks really nice. Congrats on a job well done.

Gord

3 months later
    #3114 13 days ago
    Quoted from MoparCowboy:

It may be in this thread somewhere, but, how does one make the periods longer? We are just getting started when the game is over, it seems like. Can't locate owners manual atm, and company due soon, Thanks.

Check item #4 under Game Options.

Gord

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdfSuper Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=grb1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.