Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 63.
    #2951 1 year ago
    8A6A9C31-CF7F-49AE-8932-763A47D50149 (resized).jpeg8A6A9C31-CF7F-49AE-8932-763A47D50149 (resized).jpeg
    #2952 1 year ago
    Quoted from vico2x:

What’s up guys.
    I have a Superchexx Pro and the center logo is simply the ‘ICE’ logo. Is it possible to change to the NHL logo with a sticker or decal? If so when you put a sticker or decal on the ice does it affect the puck at all?
    I’m also looking for a riser platform for a red base. Does anyone sell those?
    Thnx!

I am not sure on the NHL logo, but you can get a new ICE surface with any team logo on it from ICE directly. I don't know that I would put a sticker or decal on there.

#2953 1 year ago

Thanks kmarrocco!

#2954 1 year ago
    Quoted from vico2x:

What’s up guys.
    I have a Superchexx Pro and the center logo is simply the ‘ICE’ logo. Is it possible to change to the NHL logo with a sticker or decal? If so when you put a sticker or decal on the ice does it affect the puck at all?
    I’m also looking for a riser platform for a red base. Does anyone sell those?
    Thnx!

I have seen a bunch of custom risers but never anything commercially sold. If you come across this let me know, because playing for long periods of time is brutal on my back.

#2955 1 year ago

What's the maintenance like on these machines? Reliable electronically and mechanically?

#2956 1 year ago

Iooks like Aaron Taylor makes a riser. I just ordered a set of cupholders from him.

http://gameroominfo.com/2019/08/03/best-super-chexx-bubble-hockey-mods/

#2957 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

I have seen a bunch of custom risers but never anything commercially sold. If you come across this let me know, because playing for long periods of time is brutal on my back.

Quoted from bossk4hire:

Iooks like Aaron Taylor makes a riser. I just ordered a set of cupholders from him.
    http://gameroominfo.com/2019/08/03/best-super-chexx-bubble-hockey-mods/

I was actually trying to make them a while back but the interest was so lackluster that I never made one to sell. I do have one underneath my own game that I made. It just does not seem to be a high demand item for some reason. When I was marketing them I think I only had one inquiry in 6 months. Shipping and painting is a pain too, so it just added up to not be worth it. I think you'd have to charge like $500 including shipping for it to be worth it, materials aren't bad but the shipping cost is probably $50 to $100 easy, so you have $100+ in materials and $100 shipping, then you have a few hours labor painting and assembling and packaging the thing. I think I was only going to charge like $250 + shipping at the time (materials were way cheaper then) and still nobody wanted one, lol. It took me way longer to make mine than I thought it was going to take...if there was decent demand you could batch them and be faster, but the one at a time thing makes it slow.

Right now I just make the cup holders for the games. If there was renewed interest in the riser I could look into it again.

#2958 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

What's the maintenance like on these machines? Reliable electronically and mechanically?

6.5 years on mine and no issues yet. Pre-Pro version. I Lemon Pledge the surface once in a great while and Novus 1 the dome. I have changed out the puck after a while, and the Chexx players get chipped. Some people put boots on the players to prevent chipping I guess. One of mine had his foot shot off.

#2959 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

I have had my Miracle on Ice Super Chexx game for a little over 8 years and just recently the long stick Russian player's stick broke. That is the only thing that I have had to replace on my game since I purchased the game in September of 2014.

In a home use environment these games are nearly maintenance free (unlike pinball machines). Wipe down the dome with a damp microfiber cloth when needed and some folks spray lemon pledge on the ice surface occasionally to keep it nice and slippery.

Gord

#2960 1 year ago

Has anyone found a good red paint match for banged up corners of their game? Thanks!

16691518211818751494663785564881 (resized).jpg16691518211818751494663785564881 (resized).jpg
    #2961 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

6.5 years on mine and no issues yet. Pre-Pro version. I Lemon Pledge the surface once in a great while and Novus 1 the dome. I have changed out the puck after a while, and the Chexx players get chipped. Some people put boots on the players to prevent chipping I guess. One of mine had his foot shot off.

Lemon Pledge wipes, not spray.

#2962 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Lemon Pledge wipes, not spray.

I use dryer sheets. Fold it in half, then in half again and that’s good for a single “cleaning” and has lasted for many games. Several hundred on location. I’m going to have to do it again soon but I liked the results the last few times.

#2963 1 year ago

Thinking of selling a 6 month old NHL Super Chexx Pro.
    Avs vs Golden Knights.
    Skated Avalanche Ice
    Split base
    No coin door
    PM me for pictures or if interested. Located in Colorado - no shipping.
    $4000
    Will likely put an ad up but thought I would try this group.
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

#2964 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

I use dryer sheets. Fold it in half, then in half again and that’s good for a single “cleaning” and has lasted for many games. Several hundred on location. I’m going to have to do it again soon but I liked the results the last few times.

Hmm, so the dryer sheets make the ice surface nice and slippery? Oh, it probably smells good too. I will have to try this next time I open the bubble on my game.

Gord

#2965 1 year ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Hmm, so the dryer sheets make the ice surface nice and slippery? Oh, it probably smells good too. I will have to try this next time I open the bubble on my game.
    Gord

Yeah, the sheets have just a little bit of anti-static chemical on them and it’s pretty slick when you apply it to a Super Chexx surface. I keep the sheet in a zip lock bag between uses. When I said fold it in half and then fold it in half again I wasn’t as clear as I should have been with what that gets you. When you fold it up that gets you 2 surfaces. Use one surface and then the next time you go to Zamboni the ice use the other side. Then unfold and retold so you have 2 new surfaces on the sheet. Keep doing this til you have used all possible folded surfaces. A single sheet can last for many wipings.

#2966 1 year ago

One of the best products for cleaning and protecting is Plexus. It's specifically used for plastic cleaning and protection. It leaves no residue like pledge and restores plastics on a micro level. My Chexx looks brand new even after 10 years + . The ice is lightning fast afterwards. Works great on pins too.

#2967 1 year ago

Where is the best place to get some NHL style goals for Chexx original?
    My new original goals have yellowed

#2968 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Has anyone found a good red paint match for banged up corners of their game? Thanks!
    [quoted image]

Take a one square inch sample to a local paint store and I’m sure they will be able to match it. GL!

#2969 1 year ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

Where is the best place to get some NHL style goals for Chexx original?
    My new original goals have yellowed

Here are some on EBay - ebay.com link: itm

Or you can get a more standard one from Ice - https://www.icegame.com/product/24264/chutenet

#2970 1 year ago

Anyone have a fix for the puck eject? Mine doesn't always kick out and when doesn't it counts extra goals. Anything to clean or adjust? Thanks yall.

#2971 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Anyone have a fix for the puck eject? Mine doesn't always kick out and when doesn't it counts extra goals. Anything to clean or adjust? Thanks yall.

There is a metal arm on the puck ejector that you can bend to adjust. You will need to pull the ice sheet and see if the puck is rolling all the way to the center or getting stuck on the edge of the ejector arm.

#2972 1 year ago

Found a piece of plastic under the arm. Works great now!

20221125_124835 (resized).jpg20221125_124835 (resized).jpg
    #2973 1 year ago

Have an all original USA vs Canada Super Chexx fully working that I would be willing to trade for a Pinball Machine +/- cash. Located in VA.

#2974 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

[quoted image]

just put the corner guards on that are still available thru Ice

#2975 1 year ago

My latest restore, I made it into Kraken vs Canucks! Lots of new parts, best custom nets, base painted, coin door installed, & dome sanded and polished! Next owner will have players painted, I didn't have time on this one. Now just 1 more 83 to clean up in my hoard!

If anyone needs chexx electronics repaired : [email protected]

received_470546455054941 (resized).jpegreceived_470546455054941 (resized).jpegreceived_660565185482041 (resized).jpegreceived_660565185482041 (resized).jpeg
    #2976 1 year ago

Wow, beautiful!

#2977 1 year ago

Anyone on the forum sell super chexx?

#2978 1 year ago

I’m sure many have come here, and posted the same thing, I think I want to buy one….

I guess my big question is how similar is it to foosball? I had an electronic foosball I got when I was 8, we played the crap out of it for like 20 years or so. I got it back from my parents house a few years ago with the intention of fixing it (it was seriously a nice table) but the osb of the main had warped, plastics were cracked and not cleaning up that great, just beat to hell so we threw it out.

This was truly the first arcade style game we ever had and once again, we played it like crazy. What’s the similarities in terms of playing?

I was never a ‘spinner’ just a methodical shot maker slamming them in.

I want the USA V USSR version.

I love reading that it’s basically maintenance free. Hoping it can take a beating from kids too and long term play.

Thanks for any input!!

#2979 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m sure many have come here, and posted the same thing, I think I want to buy one….
    I guess my big question is how similar is it to foosball? I had an electronic foosball I got when I was 8, we played the crap out of it for like 20 years or so. I got it back from my parents house a few years ago with the intention of fixing it (it was seriously a nice table) but the osb of the main had warped, plastics were cracked and not cleaning up that great, just beat to hell so we threw it out.
    This was truly the first arcade style game we ever had and once again, we played it like crazy. What’s the similarities in terms of playing?
    I was never a ‘spinner’ just a methodical shot maker slamming them in.
    I want the USA V USSR version.
    I love reading that it’s basically maintenance free. Hoping it can take a beating from kids too and long term play.
    Thanks for any input!!

Hi @goldenbeard,

That is a really good choice in picking the MOI (Miracle on Ice) 1980 USA vs. USSR version of the game. I purchased the Super Chexx MOI version back in September of 2014 and everyone loves this game and this version.

I like hockey much more than soccer so for me this was a no brainer to purchase and the game play can be fast and furious and there is very little maintenance required in a home use environment. In over 8+ years that I have owned it other than wiping the dome down with a damp microfiber cloth there is really not much else I have done to it and it still looks and functions perfectly. The next time that I open the dome I will wipe the ice down with a folded dryer sheet which according to desertT1 works very well for keeping the 'ice' surface nice and slippery.

Good luck in your quest to find your own MOI version of the game as I think that you and your family will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Gord

P1020742 (resized).JPGP1020742 (resized).JPG
    P1020743 (resized).JPGP1020743 (resized).JPG

#2980 1 year ago
    Quoted from GRB1959:

Hi GoldenBeard,
    That is a really good choice in picking the MOI (Miracle on Ice) 1980 USA vs. USSR version of the game. I purchased the Super Chexx MOI version back in September of 2014 and everyone loves this game and this version.
    I like hockey much more than soccer so for me this was a no brainer to purchase and the game play can be fast and furious and there is very little maintenance required in a home use environment. In over 8+ years that I have owned it other than wiping the dome down with a damp microfiber cloth there is really not much else I have done to it and it still looks and functions perfectly. The next time that I open the dome I will wipe the ice down with a folded dryer sheet which according to desertT1 works very well for keeping the 'ice' surface nice and slippery.
    Good luck in your quest to find your own MOI version of the game as I think that you and your family will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
    Gord
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Machine still looks awesome!!

#2981 1 year ago

Looking for help here. What would you value this at and is it a good version? I don’t know enough about the various revisions that ICE has produced. Thanks in advance!

2C232E4F-2BA9-4619-A514-C1F3F1B4283B (resized).jpeg2C232E4F-2BA9-4619-A514-C1F3F1B4283B (resized).jpeg7AB115FC-2ACA-4672-904C-1E3BEC423083 (resized).jpeg7AB115FC-2ACA-4672-904C-1E3BEC423083 (resized).jpeg
    #2982 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr_Chexx:

My latest restore, I made it into Kraken vs Canucks! Lots of new parts, best custom nets, base painted, coin door installed, & dome sanded and polished! Next owner will have players painted, I didn't have time on this one. Now just 1 more 83 to clean up in my hoard!
    If anyone needs chexx electronics repaired : [email protected]
    [quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome! I'd love to see more process pictures of your work if you ever cared to share them... the idea that you sanded and polished the dome and it looks that good... amazing!

#2983 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Looking for help here. What would you value this at and is it a good version? I don’t know enough about the various revisions that ICE has produced. Thanks in advance!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

They seem to sell for mid to upper 2s depending on where you are. In the Carolinas they sell in the teens since hockey isn't as big of a sport.

#2984 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

They seem to sell for mid to upper 2s depending on where you are. In the Carolinas they sell in the teens since hockey isn't as big of a sport.

I can tell just by watching the Hurricanes play.

#2985 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can tell just by watching the Hurricanes play.

How fucking dare you besmirch my beloved Hartford Whalers

#2986 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

How fucking dare you besmirch my beloved Hartford Whalers

Don’t worry, they have won the Cup more recently then the Devils or either local NY team Boob has nearby.

#2987 1 year ago

Just listed my Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

I bought this game band new and it's huo and has always been in my house. It's a coin opp game and it's in mint shape.

$2,950 Canadian pesos which is $2,195 USD .

QSS

#2988 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Don’t worry, they have won the Cup more recently then the Devils or either local NY team Boob has nearby.

...and now let's discuss the Phoenix Coyotes.

(And pssst!...my Devils are killing it this year!)

#2989 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and now let's discuss the Phoenix Coyotes.
    (And pssst!...my Devils are killing it this year!)

AHL->Coyotes->NHL, that’s the development path. Coyotes are so happy to stay as close to the salary floor as possible I expect them to never contend again until that changes.

The opening night of the (AHL) Tucson Roadrunners 5-6 seasons ago I came home and recorded an unreleased podcast about Conner Garland and the big defenseman Wood. Garland was so fun to watch but never stood up for himself. A few years later the Coyotes called him up and he produced well and stopped taking shit and therefore was no longer the easy target. Contract time comes up and I knew Coyotes were going to cheap out. Sure enough, he signs with Vancouver for 5 years/$25 mil. Yandle, Max Domi, and countless others. They develop young talent, and set them free when it’s time to pay up.

Yotes are my “local” team, but the Flyers are my actual favorite. As an Air Force brat, I moved to Europe at 6 weeks old, and we didn’t move back stateside til I was 10. First stop was Georgia, but that was before the Thrashers were there. Next stop was McGuire AFB in south NJ, but Philly was way closer than Trenton. First local team I got to cheer for, so that’s how it went. Those were the Lindros/Leclaire years. Curse you Scott Stevens…

Sorry for the wall of text, but as they used to say on Facebook, it’s complicated.

#2990 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

AHL->Coyotes->NHL, that’s the development path. Coyotes are so happy to stay as close to the salary floor as possible I expect them to never contend again until that changes.
    The opening night of the (AHL) Tucson Roadrunners 5-6 seasons ago I came home and recorded an unreleased podcast about Conner Garland and the big defenseman Wood. Garland was so fun to watch but never stood up for himself. A few years later the Coyotes called him up and he produced well and stopped taking shit and therefore was no longer the easy target. Contract time comes up and I knew Coyotes were going to cheap out. Sure enough, he signs with Vancouver for 5 years/$25 mil. Yandle, Max Domi, and countless others. They develop young talent, and set them free when it’s time to pay up.
    Yotes are my “local” team, but the Flyers are my actual favorite. As an Air Force brat, I moved to Europe at 6 weeks old, and we didn’t move back stateside til I was 10. First stop was Georgia, but that was before the Thrashers were there. Next stop was McGuire AFB in south NJ, but Philly was way closer than Trenton. First local team I got to cheer for, so that’s how it went. Those were the Lindros/Leclaire years. Curse you Scott Stevens…
    Sorry for the wall of text, but as they used to say on Facebook, it’s complicated.

Well, first off I thank you for your service, sir. And second, I'm glad my Devils took care of your Flyers last night.

#2991 1 year ago

Just curious of anyone on here started with a Carrom dome hockey game and moved to a Super Chexx. I have had my Carrom since 8th grade and I am now 38 years old haha. It’s held up for the most part but some gearboxes were rebuilt. My kids are really enjoying it as of late and I have always been tempted to upgrade. I used to play the Super Chexx at the arcade and that was what lead my parents to get me the Carrom. Anyways just wanted to see if anyone feels like it’s worth the upgrade. Thanks.

#2992 1 year ago

anyone selling a newer style of super chexx in the ohio area?

#2993 1 year ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, first off I thank you for your service, sir. And second, I'm glad my Devils took care of your Flyers last night.

I didn’t serve, dad did. All I did was get dragged around to 13 schools in 11 years. I graduated after my junior year.

#2994 1 year ago

Went with the lexan mat under the machine.

Yeah, it's expensive but the cool factor is like nothing else you've ever seen.
    floor-under-pro (resized).jpgfloor-under-pro (resized).jpg

#2995 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

that floor even without the mat is really friggin sweet!!! is that a paint?

#2996 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

that floor even without the mat is really friggin sweet!!! is that a paint?

It's called Polyaspartic. Sort of like epoxy but more rugged. I did the entire game room in that, and always looks good and easy to maintain.

img04 (resized).jpgimg04 (resized).jpg

#2997 1 year ago
    Quoted from ramegoom:

[quoted image]

Did you order the mat direct or find a good deal at a distributor somewhere?

#2998 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ballderdash:

Did you order the mat direct or find a good deal at a distributor somewhere?

Ordered it direct. I figured it's not going to be around too long, and I was itching to customize the machine anyway.

Being as it's the most popular machine in my game room, it deserved some icing on the cake.

#2999 1 year ago

I updated my ad to include a shot of the internal timer/counter which shows a total of 11 hours of play time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508

QSS

#3000 1 year ago

So I seem to have got a grounding issue now on mine. The game just randomly adds scores if you toich the metal part of the game. I replaced the ribbon cable as the old one had some bare wire worn spots. But that didn't fix it. I also now have a horrible buzz noise from the speakers. Any ideas?

20221210_135155 (resized).jpg20221210_135155 (resized).jpg
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.