Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider requis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#787 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Last time they announced "next generation coming soon" was 2010 and it ended up being the home edition that had no coin door with external volume control and on/off switch.
    My guess is new scoreboard, led lighting, and new soundtrack. Not sure how any of the rest could be improved upon. Retooling costs for any of the other components would seem expensive and unfeasible without big price increase.

The new units ( Next Generation) all have new controller boards and internals. They simply ran out of enough sources for the older boards. That go back over 10 years perhaps more the service tech did not know for sure. Lots of exciting new features / rumours being thrown around...once these ones are all gone they will release the announcement and pricing on the new ones. For that reason we are waiting for the next generation to come out..I was told on Wednesday hopefully in two weeks once all of these units are sold. Hopefully sooner so that we can get ours before Christmas!

Exciting stuff new, new Super Chexx on its way!

Cheers,

Requis

1 month later
    #907 6 years ago

I ordered our Super Chexx pro two weeks ago and was told three weeks, as they were already way behind....I'm not sure when I will be able to post pics or videos, on boxing etc. As like the previous poster it's a Christmas gift for the family...

Should be here next week will try and get some unboxing ones and then lock it up till Christmas. I got the leafs versus Canadians.

For those buying interested in what folks are getting.

#911 6 years ago

That's awesome! Not sure I have the will power to tuck it away till Christmas...lol...when I say family I really mean me... but sure you guys already saw through that. I suspect my wife did to, as she specifically stated it doesn't come out of the box until Christmas Eve and then only for me to put a bow on it for when the boys wake up.... I maybe able to comment on how well packaged it is lol...I bought extra basic player sets and will have them painted team USA and Team Canada as well...at least then when my American friends and family show up we can put down a real challenge.

Just curious did you pay for the centre ice logo of your home team...I had to just because, and was wondering who wouldn't when your in for that kind of money isn't that like leaving icing on the cake? Seemed like a silly option but then again maybe the logo doesn't matter...

#912 6 years ago

Good Luck hope it happens for you...wow 60 people?.. How do you cook for that many, hope your catering..

Most I have ever done was 16 and I was bagged by the end of the night...what a treat for your guests they get to eat and play...do you have room for 5 more, your new Canadian cousins from Toronto are interested in joining you lol...adding my daughter doesn't eat much and washes dishes.

Cheers,

Requis

#936 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chris1199s:

Setup was very easy, and you can change the settings using the four buttons on the side. Sound during the game, sound when not playing, National anthem, period length etc.. etc... My order date was 10/26/2017 Came in today 11/15/2017 2pm CST Will post more videos later via Youtube linked here.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

2 weeks later
    #1008 6 years ago

Any new thoughts/comments on the new Pro models? Everyone too busy playing? Lol

Was just told mine is shipping from the factory to them next week by player1 and look forward to sharing experience in the next two weeks....holy macanah....right before Christmas...pretty exciting stuff!

#1009 6 years ago

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing pics!

Congratulations!

Sooo jealous!

#1016 6 years ago

that looks awesome! great story...

Make sure to show kids reactions when they see it for the first time!!

Are you wrapping the boxes up or just putting a bow on it?

#1018 6 years ago

That sounds like a great plan!

Too much paper to wrap boxes and so doing painters cloth with a bow as well lol...

Wow exciting stuff, I would have killed for,one of,these when I was kid, I had the plastic ones with the thin metal rods that I destroyed often.

#1034 6 years ago
    Quoted from evh347:

I’m wondering on the SuperChexx Pro standard can you select teams from the NHL (like a character select) or do you have to get an NHL version of the machine? Also if you get an NHL version, are you stuck with the two teams you get your machine outfitted with on the Jumbotron? Lastly, is the National Anthem configurable in settings and if so does it matter which model?

You have to select the NHL version to get the NHL teams you want , and yes the team logo is on the jumbo Tron....don’t know mines still in a box not plugged yet, I heard you can select from Two or three, Canada, us, and soviet anthems.

1 month later
    #1127 6 years ago

I’m still on the fence about selling my current Super Chexx and upgrading to the Pro....The jury is still out....
    To new Pro version models, is it true that the BOO button no longer functions to BOO like past models?
    Can anyone with a new Pro version post a video of a complete game?

It does not boo...you get cheering....I've asked Chexx about the lack of a Boo sound bite, and have not gotten a response.. I can film it but will be closer to the weekend...I was disappointed...as the appeal use to be booing the other team lol...

#1128 6 years ago
    Quoted from Requis:

It does not boo...you get cheering....I've asked Chexx about the lack of a Boo sound bite, and have not gotten a response.. I can film it but will be closer to the weekend...I was disappointed...as the appeal use to be booing the other team lol...

Adding I love the use of LED's and some of the commentary changes...the Videos in the LCD are pretty lame...(use of Chexx Graphic players in video format) I'm hoping to hack mine at some point with better video clips and will try and introduce a good boo Sound bite if I can find the right format and sound file.

I think I read earlier in this thread that some other folks are looking to do the same, granted may have been on another forum, just haven't had a chance to explore this further as we have been too busy playing everything that came into the finnished game room over the holidays.... I wonder if we should start a Super Chexx pro Mod thread...would that make sense?

I saw some amazing Don Cherry and Ron Maclean Video Clips that would be AMAZING in Lieu of the SCP lamo Video clips....buts thats just me maybe we should also do a poll on who likes the new Super Chexx pro Video clips as well...Arguably very Cheesey, but hey I'm sure someone likes em. My Kids laughed at them and called them nasty Graphics given current technology. Certainly not what would be expected on a price tag for this type of product... ( getting off soap Box) sorry Guys lol.

Cheers,

Requis

#1130 6 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I went through the pro sd card dump wav files and there are 3 that could count as Boo. 51 is an actual boo, 53 is mostly crowd noise with one guy yelling boo and 55 is just an upset crowd. They may have intended to use 51 but used 53 or 55. A number of the files are duplicates and seemingly in random order. Since they are only labeled with numbers they could easily have used the wrong clip. Hopefully you just need to switch some file names around to get your boo back. Everything after 100 is a goal horn, I didn't feel like trying to figure out which one was which.

Holy Cow thats awesome, thank you ! sorry to be clear your saying when you press your boo Button you get an actual Boo...instead of a cheer, and it was like that from the factory?

Or you changed it to the Boo wav file on your own?

Do you also have the video files and location documented as well?

Cheers,

Requis

#1132 6 years ago

Forgot to post Pic of the new SCP in the game room, I'll definitely be looking at the SD card this weekend to see what the art of possible is,

Thanks for any help if osmeone has done it!

Cheers,

Requis

Super Chexx pro in the house (resized).pngSuper Chexx pro in the house (resized).png

#1144 6 years ago

Lol...I never really paid much attention, but yes the boo cycles from what sounds like a cheer with a heckling type of boo, to something of a boo, but not How I remember it on the older ones...I see what you mean in terms of cycling...I guess when I pushed the boo,button and didn’t get that instant gratification of dissing the other team...I was what is that! lol..definitely going to find the original Boo button wav lol...

In terms of fun between foosball and bubble hockey be careful what you tell your wife. The kids will likely lose interest in either one you get over time, and You don’t want an I told you so based on an investment for the kids. Buy what you want and what you think will be the most fun for you. Kids will want to play against dad, Get the kids involved in the process for both on what ever you decide like pick Ng teams etc. And leave budget for things like painting players or numbers etc.

We have the benefit of both and the kids don’t play Foos ball the way it was intended when my self or my wife are not around, spinning the players at 100 Mph is a recipe for creating unnecessary bullets out of tiny wooden soccer balls, And we usually get one of the boys coming upstairs bawling...so agree with blitz that telling the wife there is a dome on the Hockey, safety first lol. Adding that the balls have also,been stolen by other kids as they are neat little wooden soccer. Balls...

We have both if you count this Foos ball coffe table with glass top from the Chicago Gaming company...we use to have a stand up one and had got rid of it, but I missed playing and so now best of both worlds, and this one is dry inexpensive and the kids love it. And all I had to do to keep them from spinning he players is remind them if they break the glass they will die a painful death lol.

Good luck with your choice!

80E54DB5-2C13-47EE-BC46-DC37578F78E2 (resized).jpeg80E54DB5-2C13-47EE-BC46-DC37578F78E2 (resized).jpeg

#1149 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Aren't the players in on the LCD generic regardless of the version? Seems like they would be, but I don't know. Cool selling point if the chosen teams are reflected on the LCD.

Not on my Machine, (Leafs vs Canadians) Generic Player replays. Although I read somewhere that you can replace the Video files, and that there are a ton of Goal replays you can find online to replace them. I just wonder if you introduced a whole bunch could the machine cycle through more than what is currently there for the generic Videos. And could you make it Team color specific. Canadian Goal...play random Canadian goal replay, Leafs Goal - Leafs random video replay...that would be an interesting play...I think that should work as I believe it differentiates from Red play Goal and Blue Player goal already but correct me if I'm wrong.

#1156 6 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I was SERIOUSLY considering upgrading until I saw the cheesy videos... Very disappointing compared to what they could have done with just a little extra effort.

I think the good news is I may be on too something to replace the video,clips!! My son and I are working on it and looks completely doable... and there are amazing clips for all respective teams....I even found goal specific clips for the leafs scoring on the CDNS from a bUnch of you tube high light reels and vice versa....I’m joust not good at video editing and we’re trying to keep the. The same size and format stay tuned...will be sure to post back how...

6 years later
    #3095 68 days ago
    Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody know if one of these can fit cattycorner in a Honda Element without disassembly?

That May not work due to the height….you could try on its side….but my advice would be go rent a Home Depot van for what $40.00 for 8 hours… you dont want to impact the dome and its one huge clear piece of expensive kit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider requis.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=requis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.