Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.
    #3001 1 year ago

Anyone ele having issues getting into the
    National Bubble Hockey Association “Group”?

All of a sudden this week I got this...

Screenshot_20221212-104048_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221212-104048_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #3002 1 year ago
    Quoted from FNwoz:

Just curious of anyone on here started with a Carrom dome hockey game and moved to a Super Chexx. I have had my Carrom since 8th grade and I am now 38 years old haha. It’s held up for the most part but some gearboxes were rebuilt. My kids are really enjoying it as of late and I have always been tempted to upgrade. I used to play the Super Chexx at the arcade and that was what lead my parents to get me the Carrom. Anyways just wanted to see if anyone feels like it’s worth the upgrade. Thanks.

I did almost the exact same thing. We had our Carrom for about 20 years and played it a lot. I found an old Superchexx that was in disrepair and basically replaced almost everything over the last couple years. Luckily, Ice still makes every part I needed. In any event, the game play is like night and day. Superchexx is so much more fun to play then the Carrom. I would definitely upgrade…I wish I did it 20 years ago.

5A4108B2-9856-4B67-B96B-8F3955F6368D (resized).jpeg5A4108B2-9856-4B67-B96B-8F3955F6368D (resized).jpeg
    #3003 1 year ago

Nice looks good. Not sure I like Chicago’s chances against the Avs.

#3004 1 year ago

Got one for a Smokin deal and works great! Finally got myself a super chexx. Now the reason I wanted to upgrade to super chexx from chexx was the sound effects but when I started playing this one it sounded the same as chexx! Is there a way to upgrade the sounds effects, I could have sworn I played on one that had different chants and audience sounds and songs and what not... Any help?

20221216_191900 (resized).jpg20221216_191900 (resized).jpg
    #3005 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Nice looks good. Not sure I like Chicago’s chances against the Avs.

I think that’s the idea
    I base that on the Denver broncos logo on the wall and that he’s in Colorado - most likely an Avs fan there in the family you want to stir up

#3006 1 year ago

Sirgubster9 You're thinking about the "Pro" version as seen here.⬇️

That Pro version plays the entire national anthem and some song clips too. It has jumbo trons that play animations, a bunch of different announcements and call outs for goals and stuff too, along with the cool spot light effects, amongst other things.

It's a pretty super cool Super Chexx. I think that's the one you're thinking of.

#3007 1 year ago

Just researching a bit and you can actually order a Pro upgrade kit. That's awesome that they make it available. That'd be a must have for me if I owned one.

#3008 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Just researching a bit and you can actually order a Pro upgrade kit. That's awesome that they make it available. That'd be a must have for me if I owned one.

Bummer. I could have sworn I heard it coming out of a super chexx not the pro version. I have also heard of people changing it to the Canada anthem as well and stuff like that. You might be right though which would be a bummer because it's super expensive. But thanks for the info. Maybe someday.

#3009 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Bummer. I could have sworn I heard it coming out of a super chexx not the pro version. I have also heard of people changing it to the Canada anthem as well and stuff like that. You might be right though which would be a bummer because it's super expensive. But thanks for the info. Maybe someday.

Some other mods discussed in this 2 part video including sounds.

#3010 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Got one for a Smokin deal and works great! Finally got myself a super chexx. Now the reason I wanted to upgrade to super chexx from chexx was the sound effects but when I started playing this one it sounded the same as chexx! Is there a way to upgrade the sounds effects, I could have sworn I played on one that had different chants and audience sounds and songs and what not... Any help?
    [quoted

[quoted image]

I upgraded my chexx 83 using a mp3 playback and amp board. Very reasonable price. Some info in YouTube comments.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/57#post-6711470

#3011 1 year ago

Anyone have or know who might be that makes the dome goal light mod kit?
    I'd love to snag one.

Screenshot_20221217-123447_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221217-123447_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221217_123639 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221217_123639 (resized).jpg
    #3012 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'd love to snag one.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Curious about this as well. Saw it on YouTube and thought it was so over the top and awesome. Perfect for my buddies.

#3013 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tigger:

I upgraded my chexx 83 using a mp3 playback and amp board. Very reasonable price. Some info in YouTube comments.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/57#post-6711470

Will definitely check this out! Wish I would have known this existed. Sold my 83 chexx basically because I thought upgraded sound stuff only worked on super chexx ha ha. Thanks.

#3014 1 year ago

I talked to a guy on the Facebook group and he said Gen 3 version of super chexx has more audio stuff. Do you guys know what versions you have? Going to start researching differences on line.

#3015 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'd love to snag one.

I made those a few years ago. I'm not sure how many parts I have left. I'm not home much until after New Years, I'll send you a pm when I get a chance to look and let you know if I can make more.

Quoted from Sirgubster9:

I talked to a guy on the Facebook group and he said Gen 3 version of super chexx has more audio stuff. Do you guys know what versions you have? Going to start researching differences on line.

Starting around 2003 ICE added a piggy back board board with larger chips and expanded Rick Jeanneret announcing. ICE still sells the entire upgraded board, part SC2070x, for $450. They used to upgrade older boards if you sent them in but I don't know if they still do that, you would have to call them. You can tell the expanded boads by the red pcb in the corner where the game/sound roms are.
    20221217_220245 (resized).jpg20221217_220245 (resized).jpg

#3016 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

I made those a few years ago. I'm not sure how many parts I have left. I'm not home much until after New Years, I'll send you a pm when I get a chance to look and let you know if I can make more.

Starting around 2003 ICE added a piggy back board board with larger chips and expanded Rick Jeanneret announcing. ICE still sells the entire upgraded board, part SC2070x, for $450. They used to upgrade older boards if you sent them in but I don't know if they still do that, you would have to call them. You can tell the expanded boads by the red pcb in the corner where the game/sound roms are.
    [quoted image]

Dude you da man. Let me know about that alarm mod as well, obviously I would be second in line behind that other guy.

And so you are saying chexx sells an entire new pcd board with that newer sound board on it for 450, but there is also a possibility that I could mail mine in and have it upgraded with that board for a fraction of the cost? Do you think they could also just sell me that upgraded sound board? Looks like its just surface mounted right? Finally do you know how much they added with that new sound board?

#3017 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

[quoted image]

Oh snap, just looked at my other non working very dissembled super Chexx and I believe I discovered what you are talking about... The one with red tint is the gen2 and the one with grey tint is gen3 right?

20221218_144955 (resized).jpg20221218_144955 (resized).jpg20221218_145151 (resized).jpg20221218_145151 (resized).jpg
    #3018 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

Oh snap, just looked at my other non working very dissembled super Chexx and I believe I discovered what you are talking about... The one with red tint is the gen2 and the one with grey tint is gen3 right?

The square board looks like an early super chexx. I don't know if those can be expanded. That new board has the rom expansion, if it's working you should be able to swap it into your good machine.

#3019 1 year ago

What bolt/screw is used to attach the dome to the cabinet along the hinge (only visible when the dome is open)?

#3020 1 year ago
    Quoted from shirkle:

What bolt/screw is used to attach the dome to the cabinet along the hinge (only visible when the dome is open)?

ICE had a FAQ that lists these part numbers. 8 of each, 8/32x1/2 screw, AA6004, and nut, AA6004A.

#3021 1 year ago

For those who want cup holders in the future, I’m now making customized multicolor ones for an extra fee. Here’s an example below. The normal ones are still available at the same cost as always.

95EE0397-FC6E-4472-B852-EC5F8CECD246 (resized).jpeg95EE0397-FC6E-4472-B852-EC5F8CECD246 (resized).jpeg

175250E3-6948-4C88-9D61-A62B07FA590F (resized).jpeg175250E3-6948-4C88-9D61-A62B07FA590F (resized).jpeg
    #3022 1 year ago

I’m clearing out some old cup holders I made a while ago that weren’t up to my usual standards, if anyone wants a pair of black or white cup holders for $20 shipped there’s a picture of them below. The black ones have a slight surface imperfection by the right bolt, the white ones have some discoloration of the hockey letters. Thanks

5634438E-8DCC-434E-BD4D-375B6CC67436 (resized).jpeg5634438E-8DCC-434E-BD4D-375B6CC67436 (resized).jpeg
    #3023 1 year ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Just listed my Super Chexx Bubble Hockey game.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/70508
    I bought this game band new and it's huo and has always been in my house. It's a coin opp game and it's in mint shape.
    $2,950 Canadian pesos which is $2,195 USD .
    QSS

Sold my Super Chexx locally on Kijiji but I still made a $5 contribution to Pinside for letting me advertise it here. Happy holidays Robin

I..... am...... awesome

QSS

2 weeks later
    #3024 1 year ago

I could use some help with this table. I'm trying to track down more info, specifically wiring diagrams and dip switch settings. But any other info is welcomed! Here is what I know:

It's essentially all chexx parts with a very different board. It was made by All Sports Arena Amusements. Im aware of their short run and legal troubles in the past. They offered a commercial edition (Bud Light branded) and a home edition. I'm not sure they are they are the same as the Bud Light Bubble Boys / Wayne Gretzky Challenge Dome tables. Most of those tables seem to have ICE electronics.

All of the electronics are in the table under the ice and the base is empty. The table attaches to the base with 4 thumb screws. There is a hole in the table and a harness for a coin door as that was an option from All Sports when ordering.

I picked this one up and my dad a very similar model with the same in-table electronics boards.

Does anyone have any additional info on this one?

20221122_130117 (resized).jpg20221122_130117 (resized).jpg20221122_130133 (resized).jpg20221122_130133 (resized).jpg20221122_130144 (resized).jpg20221122_130144 (resized).jpg20221229_223211 (resized).jpg20221229_223211 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_225737_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230105_225737_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #3025 1 year ago

A lot of people love Super Chexx Hockey, but the problem is always needing 2 players to play it. A lot of people buy them & end up rarely ever using them because they can't get, or don't have that 2nd person to play with. What they need to do is invent/come up with a way for the game to play by itself so you can play with only 1 player.

If they could set up a series of sensors & optos where the game can track the puck & move all its own players, that would be awesome, & they'd sell a ton more of them. Cause now you can buy one & play it by yourself vs the computer.

They could even adjust the settings for the computer player where you can set it to "Rookie", "Veteran" or "All Star" difficulty modes in the regular version & in the NHL vesrion, they could label the modes "College", "AHL" or "NHL".

Just a thought.

#3026 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

A lot of people love Super Chexx Hockey, but the problem is always needing 2 players to play it. A lot of people buy them & end up rarely ever using them because they can't get, or don't have that 2nd person to play with.

Come over anytime. Don’t mind the 13 hrs.

#3027 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

A lot of people love Super Chexx Hockey, but the problem is always needing 2 players to play it. A lot of people buy them & end up rarely ever using them because they can't get, or don't have that 2nd person to play with. What they need to do is invent/come up with a way for the game to play by itself so you can play with only 1 player.
    If they could set up a series of sensors & optos where the game can track the puck & move all its own players, that would be awesome, & they'd sell a ton more of them. Cause now you can buy one & play it by yourself vs the computer.
    They could even adjust the settings for the computer player where you can set it to "Rookie", "Veteran" or "All Star" difficulty modes in the regular version & in the NHL vesrion, they could label the modes "College", "AHL" or "NHL".
    Just a thought.

Put the servos and sensors in both ends and turn it loose playing itself, cranked up to NHL.

Come back 10 minutes later to find each goalie face-down in the opposite net and everyone else with a foot snapped off.

#3028 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I did this upgrade about year ago and its awesome. I got a deal from a guy that was upgrading to the Chexxmods set up

#3029 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Put the servos and sensors in both ends and turn it loose playing itself, cranked up to NHL.
    Come back 10 minutes later to find each goalie face-down in the opposite net and everyone else with a foot snapped off.

And let them fight too and serve penalties! Lmbo

#3030 1 year ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

[quoted image]

If you are considering making these again or some left I would #3 in line.
    Thanks

Added 15 months ago:

If you are considering making these again or have some left I would like to be #3 in line.
    Thanks

1 week later
    #3031 1 year ago

Does anyone have a picture of inside the score box? I took mine apart and now 2 of the 4 displays are wonky... im sure I don't have the cables hooked up right.

20230117_173609 (resized).jpg20230117_173609 (resized).jpg20230117_173612 (resized).jpg20230117_173612 (resized).jpg20230117_174450 (resized).jpg20230117_174450 (resized).jpg20230117_174456 (resized).jpg20230117_174456 (resized).jpg
    #3032 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I did this upgrade about a year ago and it was worth it...wasn't terrible to do just take your time with the wiring.

1 month later
    #3033 1 year ago

Is there a sound upgrade available for this board?
    Thanks!

20230226_173919 (resized).jpg20230226_173919 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #3034 1 year ago
    Quoted from bossk4hire:

Is there a sound upgrade available for this board?
    Thanks!
    [quoted image]

No one has replied but to my knowledge, the only upgrade would be to upgrade the Super Chexx Pro electronics. Includes the scoreboard, sound bytes, and can iclude graphics, players, etc. Anywhere from $850-$1695 .

1 week later
    #3035 1 year ago

I joined a bubble hockey forum , chexxfan.com but I don't think anyone is using the site anymore. I read a lot of the old post,and a bunch of guys were complaining about " The Pussy pass".
    I made a post asking what it was but I think the forum is dead,since no one answered me. Has anyone ever heard of this pass,and if so what is it ? I don't wanna be accused of using this pass when I play.

#3036 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I joined a bubble hockey forum , chexxfan.com but I don't think anyone is using the site anymore. I read a lot of the old post,and a bunch of guys were complaining about " The Pussy pass".
    I made a post asking what it was but I think the forum is dead,since no one answered me. Has anyone ever heard of this pass,and if so what is it ? I don't wanna be accused of using this pass when I play.

i would like to know what that is as well so I can use it all day every day. a win is a win.

#3037 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

i would like to know what that is as well so I can use it all day every day. a win is a win.

Here's a link to where I saw it mentioned. It's the second post on this page. It's pretty long, that's why I didn't copy and paste it.
    https://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1091/save-bubble-hockey

#3038 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Here's a link to where I saw it mentioned. It's the second post on this page. It's pretty long, that's why I didn't copy and paste it.
    https://chexxfan.proboards.com/thread/1091/save-bubble-hockey

i hope to be even half as good as this guy someday, the way he is talking about the game is a million miles from me. so many things he mentioned that i didnt understand but with i could do.

#3039 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

i hope to be even half as good as this guy someday, the way he is talking about the game is a million miles from me. so many things he mentioned that i didnt understand but with i could do.

Same here,I was hoping to pick their brains a little. It seems like the forum has been inactive for around a year or so.

#3040 1 year ago

If yall are on Facebook check out this group. It's pretty active and helpful.

Screenshot_20230317_205540_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230317_205540_Facebook (resized).jpg
    #3041 1 year ago

Thank you.

#3042 1 year ago

The P-pass is the pass from right D to center, also called the feather pass. Most games were set to where the puck is able to move between the defense settings. It was deemed unfair by many of us back in the old Bud Light Bubble Hockey days. Most people do not use it to often anymore and it can actually be taken away by adjusting the center and Left D man on both sides. Though, few do it just to 'reminisce' the move and we laugh about it. And, you are correct, Chexxfan is not really utilized any longer. Move to the Facebook page indicated above. A lot of useful information there.

Bubble On!

#3043 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Just a thought.

That's the issue I'm having with my Chexx. My wife doesn't really enjoy playing, we don't have kids or have people over often (it seems like social gatherings are nowhere near pre-Covid levels, but that's a completely different topic), so mine just collects dust on the dome. It's basically become an art piece in the basement. At least with the 3D Pong table, the A.I. can control one side. If someone offered me a fair price to take my Chexx away, I probably wouldn't have any remorse when it's moved out.

#3044 1 year ago
    Quoted from craigcole5:

The P-pass is the pass from right D to center, also called the feather pass. Most games were set to where the puck is able to move between the defense settings. It was deemed unfair by many of us back in the old Bud Light Bubble Hockey days. Most people do not use it to often anymore and it can actually be taken away by adjusting the center and Left D man on both sides. Though, few do it just to 'reminisce' the move and we laugh about it. And, you are correct, Chexxfan is not really utilized any longer. Move to the Facebook page indicated above. A lot of useful information there.
    Bubble On!

What type of adjustment do you need to do to make this pass no longer possible?

#3045 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

That's the issue I'm having with my Chexx. My wife doesn't really enjoy playing, we don't have kids or have people over often (it seems like social gatherings are nowhere near pre-Covid levels, but that's a completely different topic), so mine just collects dust on the dome. It's basically become an art piece in the basement. At least with the 3D Pong table, the A.I. can control one side. If someone offered me a fair price to take my Chexx away, I probably wouldn't have any remorse when it's moved out.

I wish we were neighbors,I could play every day.

#3046 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ryguy80:

Is it because the games aren't very competitive, or is she just not much for the game itself? If it's the former, what worked for me is just getting my better half to play once a day as a routine and I would ease up a bit. Once she started finding the players faster, our games are much closer and she wins her fair share.

#3047 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

What type of adjustment do you need to do to make this pass no longer possible?

You will have to remove all the players and the ice surface to then get into the rod collars inside the tracks. If you loosen the screws, you can adjust the rods so that the two players will be closer together at the top of each of their slots. But be careful not to move them too much, otherwise the rods may slip out of the collars.

#3048 1 year ago
    Quoted from weinerdog:

Is it because the games aren't very competitive, or is she just not much for the game itself? If it's the former, what worked for me is just getting my better half to play once a day as a routine and I would ease up a bit. Once she started finding the players faster, our games are much closer and she wins her fair share.

Yeah, it’s the competitive part. I’d handicap myself by playing one handed or slowing down my movements, but then it feels kind of insulting.

1 week later
    #3049 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Just a thought.

Id be first inline to order .

1 month later
    #3050 11 months ago

How long do orders from Ice usually take? I ordered 5 days ago and it still has not shipped. I had some new CCCP players in the order, so maybe they make them as ordered.

There are 3,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 63.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.