Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,114 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by GRB1959
  • Topic is favorited by 157 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Super Chexx Service Manual - Page 7.pdf (PDF preview)
    sc (resized).jpg
    IMG_0245 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0246 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0244 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0240 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0241 (resized).jpeg
    PXL_20231121_223429875.jpg
    AIwr.gif
    20230402_121006 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231007_154725659 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0081 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0043 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0042 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0041 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#613 7 years ago

Anybody know of a waterproof fitted cover for the Super Chexx?

1 year later
    #1485 5 years ago

Just wanted to post pictures of my home made Super Chexx topper. The pre-LCD model (mine is the NHL model Bruins vs Canadiens) has an exposed metal washer on the top. I recently brought my young son to a Bruins vs Canadiens game in Boston and we bought the puck I used for the topper. Easy to make, 4 ceramic magnets, and another similar sized metal washer attached to the underside of the puck, attached using a poster double sided adhesive backed tab. All parts bought at HD or Lowes, probably about $15 including the puck. I hope you like it!

Super Chexx Puck Topper (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Puck Topper (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Puck Topper Assy (resized).jpgSuper Chexx Puck Topper Assy (resized).jpg

#1487 5 years ago

This would be a cool topper as well, assembled the same as the puck topper was.

Rep SC (resized).jpgRep SC (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #1574 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

For home environment you have no worries. Actually for any environment you have no real worries. These are built to take a beating. I purchased a Limited Edition one in 2005 (NEW) and have never had one issue with it
    As for cleaning it, very little to do there as well. Buy yourself some Novus #1 to clean the plastic dome. You can also use this to clean the "ice surface" as well or, if you want a fast surface, use Pledge.

+1. And microfiber towels. Spare pucks I put underneath the game, magnetized to a screw underneath. Easy access in case you need one. Have been using the same puck for 3 years though.

#1576 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks! From what I understand,I'd have to get this directly from the manufacturer, correct? It looks like the base unit starts at 2,900. I'll have to read up a bit, since I have no idea what the custom additions are.
    I'm thinking just to be safe,I should try to get one with a split base. I think that's the term for a table that breaks down small,in case I have to move it through a small opening.

Split base, no coin op, get it straight from ICE, google super chexx.

1 week later
    #1592 5 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

An open question to owners: What's the consensus on play style?
    Do you generally try to control possession, strategically passing to your other men to set up a score?
    Or do you smack the puck whenever it's near the stick, relying on quick reflexes to get possession, eventually hoping to a score?

I've won many games from people scoring on their own goal, thrashing around. Control wins.

6 months later
    #1690 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im thinking real hard about joining this club. To all the people who own one of these i want you to please be be straight up, is bubble hockey really a lot of fun and do you recommend buying one? I wont lie, I’ve never played one but they are beautiful and they look like they could be lots of fun. Are they fun with two people? More fun with four people? Right now im sick of all the playfield issues in pinball and im thinking this might be a cool addition to my game room, but i only want it if its fun and if it will get played and enjoyed by me and my guest.

Excellent choice to buy one. We play nothing but one-on-one, meaning 2 people. It's cool to pass the pack from a wing to the center and quick shoot the puck. Can't do that with a second player on your team, it's more puck slapping, although in that case you do have a dedicated person on goalie. With one-on-one, the goalie gets set and left and picked up again when you sense a threat. Anyway, one-on-one is best at least IMHO. And when you do buy it, if NIB, buy it direct from icegame.com.

3 weeks later
    #1740 4 years ago

Those cups are cool. How about Puck Luck on there in place of Hockey Time? Either way are they available for purchase?

#1746 4 years ago
    Quoted from Spelly88:

Hey all... I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a new one of these and had a quick question. My basement doorway is 30" from door to inside frame. Will the standard base be able to be maneuvered through without taking off the basement door, or should I go with the split base to be safe? Just wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar measurement.
    Thanks!

Hope you are buying it factory direct...

3 weeks later
    #1817 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oaken:

Just don’t slap the dome. Smudges and scratches are not cool.

nudge smudging?

1 week later
    #1864 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes definitely. Bringhomethedome.com

More general site:

www.icegame.com

click on the Bubble Hockey link.How do you get by the "But Now Pay Over Time" ad. Never saw that before...Just click on a product before the ad appears. Yikes that's annoying.

#1887 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for all the tips guys. What about spray away glass cleaner on the dome? It has no ammonia in it. Would that be ok or should i just use novus 1? I also have some Plexus that i used to use on my motorcycle windshields, that may work good also?

Novus 1 on the dome, pledge on the ice surface.

#1930 4 years ago
    Quoted from tp:

Just to be sure I'm getting the right one I paid 2750 for mine shipped. I am getting the newer style one with the LCD screen right?

ICE isn't making the old style scoreboard anymore, so the answer is, if NIB direct, yes.

3 weeks later
    #2093 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Just like this but your players probably are not going to come out this easy. You literally have to pull with all of your might and I hope you are fairly strong. Like Heater said put your non pulling hand on the ice. I cracked my ice in two places but fortunately you cant tell it. Good luck and may the force (literally) be with you. Also maybe stand on a small stool to give yourself more leverage, that helps if you're short like me.

A couple of comments about that video:

1) I spray the pledge directly on the rag not the ICE surface as that could get spray into the player mechs in the slots.
    2) While the dome is open, clean the inside as well.

1 month later
    #2221 4 years ago
    Quoted from obstinox:

Alright, I'm aggressively eyeing buying one of these bad (bubble) boys.
    Currently torn between the regular USA v Canada setup and the 2020 Winter Classic edition.
    I've got dual citizenship, so the classic setup would ring true. Also a diehard Stars fan, went to the Winter Classic, and even though the national ratings weren't there, I can assure you that that game will go down as a significant moment in Dallas sports history.
    So I know the resale value for the classic setup is better on a national scale, but the regional draw for the Winter Classic edition would be undeniable as well.
    WHAT DO I DO?!

Think about what's possible for swapping out one theme for the other at any time. ICE should pursue making that easier but order at the very least, the 4 different teams. I believe a factory order bonus is one free team so you'd only have to buy one more team.

#2232 4 years ago

Rock City.

#2235 4 years ago
    Quoted from fooflighter:

Can't wait to order a Wings vs Hartford Whalers Chexx...first game I ever saw live at Joe Louis Arena back in the day of the D - Hometown

Did not realize that had a Hartford Whalers team option.

3 weeks later
    #2270 4 years ago
    Quoted from nmns26:

I found a list of all sounds (thx latenite04). But is there any team winning announce at the end of the game?

On the pre-LCD NHL version of SuperChexx mine says "Game Over" and flashes FP.

#2271 4 years ago
    Quoted from nmns26:

Hi all!
    Here is my project: I bought an old Spanish Chexx (INOR brand) which I restore and customize on the theme of the Summit Series. I have already put it back in perfect working order and I have customized the base and the display board (you can see the current result on this subject https://halloftablehockey.forumotion.com/t6-inor-olimpic- hockey-spanish-chexx)
    I still have to paint the players (that, I know how to do it) and I have to change the sounds that are in Spanish. So I'm going to add a raspberry pi, recover some electrical signals in the pi that will play the appropriate sounds at the desired time.
    Could someone tell me the full list of Super Chexx sounds. On the INOR, here are the ones I have:
    -Music ON
    -Coin-operated "ding"
    -First period
    -continuous crowd noise
    -second period
    -third period
    -BOO button (2 different sounds)
    -shoot on goal
    -Goals (2 different sounds)
    -Music end of regular time
    -Music + overtime announcement
    -Winning team announcement at the end of the game
    Are there others on the real Chexx?
    thank you in advance for your help

Overtime! Ok I see you have that one already.

3 weeks later
    #2296 4 years ago

Anyone know why the puck is not the same on both sides? One side has the plastic slightly indented towards the magnet and the other does not.

4 months later
    #2393 3 years ago

Where did you get the drink cup holders? Here's my home brew:
    IMG_3993 (resized).JPGIMG_3993 (resized).JPG

#2395 3 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

Those look like the cup holders that come on it as a factory option. Glad I ordered those with mine. The 3d printed can holders are cool looking but are only big enough to hold cans which does me no good.

Mine hold anything you need it to hold.

IMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPG
    #2407 3 years ago

unplug

#2409 3 years ago

Homebrew cup holders and has 3D printed/hand painted logos, official sized and detailed 3D printed puck in the base and crossed hockey stick accents. A chexx-like puck crashing thru the side. The cup holder is threaded on and removable from the puck base. Customizable text on the cup stem. Can be used as a tournament trophy or as a drink caddie during gameplay. Will fit a full sized can, bottle or cup: (more pics)

IMG_3973 (resized).JPGIMG_3973 (resized).JPGIMG_3978 (resized).JPGIMG_3978 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3988 (resized).JPGIMG_3988 (resized).JPGIMG_3993 (resized).JPGIMG_3993 (resized).JPG

#2412 3 years ago

Pulling the rods out for a jungle gym. That's where I draw the line.

#2418 3 years ago
    Quoted from belcherboy:

Does anyone know what this is all about? It just says "Coming Soon" when you click it. I wonder if they will let you modify your old Super Chexx with some of the Pro components?
    [quoted image]

Probably the scoreboard upgrade?

#2467 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’ve heard that the most astronauts in American space programs have been from Ohio. They say it’s because it is so bad there, when people leave they want to get as far away from Ohio as possible!

John Glenn is one I believe...

1 week later
    #2517 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

It would be nice if they could develop this game so 1 or 2 could play.
    If only one player the game would make the moves, and maybe have difficulty settings.
    I really don't think my girlfriend would be interested in playing, or I would love to have one of these.

1 on 1 play is the majority of the usage at my house. You aren't dedicated to the goalie, but it's the same as 2 player foosball games, you set it and come back to it. It works well. There are 4 player and 2 player tournaments for foosball, same thing here.

1 week later
    #2544 3 years ago
    Quoted from TAZ-284:

Anyone see this yet??
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Wouldn't the old scoreboard be better more apropos for a 1980 version? Either way looks great though..

#2552 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Big lot of used bubble hockey parts for sale. Displays, players, hardware, etc,etc. $200 for all. Pickup in Topsfield, MA or $21.10 for a USPS large flat rate box.
    [quoted image]

Are those the old scoreboard board? NOS or used?

#2560 3 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Some updated wall swag for the Bubble Hockey side of the upper gameroom. Also added under cabinet sound activated color changing led's. Really cool with the jukebox jamming and bubble hockey call-outs!! Slap Shot was the first R movie I saw. I still love it today. Played Ice Hockey in High School and College and when I turned 21, I searched for bars that had a Bubble Hockey to play. I knew I would own one someday. It was the first non-pinball I purchased long ago and still the most played game today!
    ]

Nice to see a top of the bubble mod like I have. The metal plate lends itself for a topper with magnets.

1 month later
    #2600 3 years ago
    Quoted from theadicts77:

Can anyone tell me what era this is from? Found it for ledd than 1k which is an absolute steal considering how few ever made it over the pond... Can't wait for it to arrive and to mod it, although i am stunned how much the upgrade kits cost
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

"It was renamed Super Chexx in 1988". Must be in the 1988 - 1998 range I'd say.

4 months later
    #2668 3 years ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’m in the process of restoring an original Chexx and silly question but which position is the single long stick player on each team?

Right wing from the same team's goalie perspective.

#2674 3 years ago

Nylon12 would work for 3D Printed players I believe, but depends on the process. SLS would mark up easily. I 3D Printed my game cup holders using Nylon12, SLS for the puck base and FDM for the cups. The puck bases are dyed, the cups are painted. The cups are food grade and light filled with a neoprene insert to catch condensation from a drink. 3D printed players probably need to be printed more densely.

That said, it would be expensive probably but PC would work well to 3D print players I think.

IMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPGIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #2678 3 years ago

Anybody ever order a replacement NHL player from ICE?

2 weeks later
    #2681 2 years ago

My Boston-based family and I were in the Buffalo, NY area and made a visit to ICE headquarters/offices and manufacturing facility 4/23/21 and were given a tour by Drew with assistance from his son Josh. A fantastic experience that really impressed us and our young kids. Drew took us around the facility for 2 hours and we met a lot of ICE employees and got to see some really cool stuff, also met engineers and other technical employees, quality control testing personnel, some really great people. They are making a lot of home arcade games these days. Check out the Jurassic Park home arcade, partnered with Raw Thrills. They also have a new home basketball arcade and ICE BALL for the home as well. ICE has a cool arcade room setup near the front entrance with these games and is now a Stern pinball distributor as well. They had Stern TMNT and AIQ there for playing. They have some cool accessories for Super Chexx, current and coming products. Check out the Super Chexx Pro mat.

www.homearcadegames.com

This company is a class act. My kids are fans..

1 month later
    #2692 2 years ago
    Quoted from YZRider926:

So I got my game yesterday. What do people use to clean the dome from finger prints etc? I got young kids and they like to touch the dome constantly.
    Other than that loving this thing. Kids are having a blast with it and I think this will get a lot of love in my house.

Novus 1 is what I use.

2 weeks later
    #2701 2 years ago

Where do you get those player leg protectors? I've seen them on location games as well.

5 months later
    #2774 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tigger:

Yes, the pucks have a magnet inside to trigger the switch. Part number SC3013X on the icegame.com site.

The reed switches are affected by a magnetic presence, so need magnetic pucks.

3 weeks later
    #2811 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sirgubster9:

hi looking for the guys who do the cup holders... the super sweet looking ones. trying to find it in this forum but its a lot of pages... any help from the peeps who have done em?

IMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3975 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPGIMG_3983 (resized).JPG
    10 months later
    #2958 1 year ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

What's the maintenance like on these machines? Reliable electronically and mechanically?

6.5 years on mine and no issues yet. Pre-Pro version. I Lemon Pledge the surface once in a great while and Novus 1 the dome. I have changed out the puck after a while, and the Chexx players get chipped. Some people put boots on the players to prevent chipping I guess. One of mine had his foot shot off.

#2961 1 year ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

6.5 years on mine and no issues yet. Pre-Pro version. I Lemon Pledge the surface once in a great while and Novus 1 the dome. I have changed out the puck after a while, and the Chexx players get chipped. Some people put boots on the players to prevent chipping I guess. One of mine had his foot shot off.

Lemon Pledge wipes, not spray.

9 months later
    #3062 7 months ago
    Quoted from allsportdvd:

I seem to have misplaced the bolts that hold the dome to the base on my original Chexx
    Can anyone help?

I got this answer from ICE about 3 years ago for my 2016 Super Chexx.

The specs for the dome bolt are as follows: 5/16-18 X 3/4 BSHCS

So you can get these bolts anywhere, they are standard bolts. I hope this helps! KozMckPinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kozmckpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtb-super-chexx-bubble-hockey?tu=kozmckpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.