IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 638 of 944.
#31851 1 year ago

Today is the day!!

#31853 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Stern Pin due out 14 May!
You are correct! Credit to NC_Pin for improving the formula. It is indeed 162 days between the releases of Deadpool and Munsters. I am sticking to only counting the cornerstone games for purposes of release but in deference to your comment on BM66, I will remove it. It was the first Spike 2 game and made the numbers more accurate. We will now start our count with Star Wars counting the days of release since Aerosmith as the first cornerstone Spke2. With the new and improved formula the next game is due out... 14 May.
Next Stern pin reveal due 14 May 2022
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (2 weeks early!) with Rush being revealed 4 January instead of the predicted 18 January based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 130 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 14 May, 2022
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Now that Gary Stern's email's have been proven worthless, I have to go back to previous releases to guess when the next pin is out. As of Rush, they averaged 130 days between releases. The next Pin SHOULD have been 14 May, but they announced they were skipping that. 130 days after 14 May is 21 September. So.. based off of previous releases the next Stern pin should be theoretically released on or about... 21 September.

Can't wait to see what Stern's got in store for us!

21sept (resized).png21sept (resized).png
#31854 1 year ago

I heard Stern is so backed up due to the unprecedented demand of Insider Connected. They can't keep up enough to release a game right now

#31855 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

After the Toy Story 4 disaster, JJP would more than likely get:
[quoted image]
Instead of:
[quoted image]

TS4 is and was not a disaster. Pinball should only be an investment for operators like me. I'll be putting mine on location this month. It's nice to hear actors voices doing Pinball call outs(not sound bits from the show or movie) like in TS4. T3 was the last one that I can remember. Which was not that many. Joe Katz is improving the code.

#31856 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I don't know who made the graphic below (probably somebody on this thread) or when, but 2 down and 5 to go:[quoted image]

It was me who you speak of. And I posted that well before Godzilla was made, before LED Zeppelin was made that was my game predictions at the time… I’ve been pretty good. and yes Bond / JAWS/ BTTF is on it… along with Goonies. Posted over a year ago within this thread…The only comic book icon id change out would be Wonder Women for Venom. Also while I’d love a Goonies I’m not sure Stern would be on that I’d absolutely love it but I can see that title for sure going to Spooky.
3D0F9B00-CA8C-4DEE-9969-F7F98D72DE64 (resized).jpeg3D0F9B00-CA8C-4DEE-9969-F7F98D72DE64 (resized).jpeg

#31857 1 year ago

There was no delay in charging my credit card $40 to renew my Stern "Insider Connected All-Access" membership. A lot of good that does.

#31859 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

TS4 is and was not a disaster. Pinball should only be an investment for operators like me. I'll be putting mine on location this month. It's nice to hear actors voices doing Pinball call outs(not sound bits from the show or movie) like in TS4. T3 was the last one that I can remember. Which was not that many. Joe Katz is improving the code.

I need to go all the way back to Mandalorian to find one

#31860 1 year ago

I need to go all the way back to Mandalorian.

Never watched the show. Besides that a he is not a A list actor or actress. And not that many calls outs.

#31861 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

CE's available to buy even after folks are discounting 1k or more and LE's sitting unsold less than two months after release = a disaster for an IP like Toy Story. Market has spoken and it only reports the facts.

The delay on this next stern release is so disappointing. C'mon Stern - show us the goods.

#31862 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Sound bits from the show doesn't count.

Carl Weathers did the call outs .. all custom recorded and not taken from the show.. I guess we could say brothers of actors don't count too lol

#31863 1 year ago

Carl Weathers did call outs in Mandalorian.

#31864 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

CE's available to buy even after folks are discounting 1k or more and LE's sitting unsold less than two months after release = a disaster for an IP like Toy Story.

It seems like these high priced IPs are a little risky with the extra licensing fees and sometimes insane expectations accompanying them.
Stern's strategy of skirting the full license by not including actual movie clips and other tricks seems like it kind of works from the public perception.

Is there a list of sales #s out there somewhere and maybe some guesses on how expensive licensing is?
I'd like to see how Toy Story, Beatles, and other high license fee games stack up to other games.

#31865 1 year ago
Quoted from Maniac227:

It seems like these high priced IPs are a little risky with the extra licensing fees and sometimes insane expectations accompanying them.
Stern's strategy of skirting the full license by not including actual movie clips and other tricks seems like it kind of works from the public perception.
Is there a list of sales #s out there somewhere and maybe some guesses on how expensive licensing is?
I'd like to see how Toy Story, Beatles, and other high license fee games stack up to other games.

Yeah that would be some interesting information to know.. I doubt it is public knowledge but I could be wrong..

#31866 1 year ago

Over 100 TNA pins sold in the first 2 minutes... I am expecting a price hike from Stern this go around. I'm not hoping for one, but I'm expecting it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31867 1 year ago

Actor call outs aren't uncommon for Stern. It's just awful when they do it themselves so those stand out... ahem GotG.

Off the top of my head.

Carl Weathers - Mando
David Harbor - Stranger Things
Karl Urban - Star Trek
Adam West and Burt Ward - BM66
The Hound Actor - GOT

#31868 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Actor call outs aren't uncommon for Stern. It's just awful when they do it themselves so those stand out... ahem GotG.
Off the top of my head.
Carl Weathers - Mando
Karl Urban - Star Trek
The Hound Actor - GOT

Wasn't TMNT voice all done by Stern employees? I think all those call outs are great, and I don't remember seeing promo for using the original actors from the TV show.

#31869 1 year ago

Earth Wind and Fire pin Confirmed.

(Hmmm. All kidding aside, that would be a theme and half)

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Now that Gary Stern's email's have been proven worthless, I have to go back to previous releases to guess when the next pin is out. As of Rush, they averaged 130 days between releases. The next Pin SHOULD have been 14 May, but they announced they were skipping that. 130 days after 14 May is 21 September. So.. based off of previous releases the next Stern pin should be theoretically released on or about... 21 September.
Can't wait to see what Stern's got in store for us![quoted image]

#31870 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

It's nice to hear actors voices doing Pinball call outs(not sound bits from the show or movie) like in TS4. T3 was the last one that I can remember.

Geddy and Alex did extensive callouts for Rush. One of the highlights on that excellent game.

#31871 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Wasn't TMNT voice all done by Stern employees? I think all those call outs are great, and I don't remember seeing promo for using the original actors from the TV show.

Yeah, they do well at things more open. They don't have a great track record at hiring/finding actor sound a likes. I always liked the charm of BW sound a likes. For example all the ones in JM are pretty fun... It's gotta be a Gomez game.

#31872 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

David Harbour did the callouts for Stranger Things

#31873 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Geddy and Alex did extensive callouts for Rush. One of the highlights on that excellent game.

It's funny you mention that. I played rush and I told a friend that the call out seems so amateurish and lame lol. That's when he told me Geddy and Alex had done some of them I was like oh OK.

#31874 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:Actor call outs aren't uncommon for Stern. It's just awful when they do it themselves so those stand out... ahem GotG.
Off the top of my head.
Carl Weathers - Mando
Karl Urban - Star Trek
The Hound Actor - GOT

Nolan North did Deadpool.

#31875 1 year ago

Nolan did a great job on Deadpool.

Deadpool is sort of a GotG vs Avengers, where GotG is movie based and Avengers is comic based, you can get away with the art style and non-movie actors. I honestly like Avengers since it's more timeless and won't feel dated over time. Deadpool is the same.

GotG you basically need Cleland mod to make the game complete. But even at that, there's so many movie quotes going on that it covers up a lot of the callouts and blends things, lots of fading in/out.

JP needs the movie mod too. The main callouts is fine, but the Richard Attenborough and Samuel Jackson sound-a-likes weren't that great. If there is a movie or TV based game, if they can get at least one of the more main characters to do call outs, I think that works out.

#31876 1 year ago

Pretty sure this is how I look watching this thread.

giphy-17.gifgiphy-17.gif
#31877 1 year ago

With all the Stern excitement, I had to buy something. I got tired of waiting and bought a Getaway to restore. I wonder how many people are doing the same thing and is Stern losing sales by prolonging the next release with no communication.

#31878 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Off the top of my head.
Carl Weathers - Mando
Karl Urban - Star Trek
The Hound Actor - GOT

Ernie Hudson absolutely crushed it in Ghostbusters

#31879 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

With all the Stern excitement, I had to buy something. I got tired of waiting and bought a Getaway to restore. I wonder how many people are doing the same thing and is Stern losing sales by prolonging the next release with no communication.

I doubt they are losing sales. Probably more people still buying a Godzilla, those who had a Godzilla were waiting for the next cornerstone anyway, those who were waiting on a legacy order on perpetual backorder will now buy a game instead of having 2+ sterns on order. I'm not worried about FOMO on a Stern if you can stand the lead times to get one after you play one on location to see if you actually like it. But it was a good idea for Stern to tackle the backlog. Some games were sitting at a year wait time for an old game while new games were skipping ahead.

#31880 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

CE's available to buy even after folks are discounting 1k or more and LE's sitting unsold less than two months after release = a disaster for an IP like Toy Story. Market has spoken and it only report the facts.
The delay on this next stern release is so disappointing. C'mon Stern - show us the goods.

It’s laughable when something is classified a disaster when not immediately selling out all stock… Did not realize that’s the measure of the market

#31881 1 year ago

Isn't it odd that Stern recently highlighted an interview with the Duffer brothers about Stranger Things? I guess maybe they just point out anything that mentions their pinball machines. Anyway, here is the link to the Stern August 2 update, and the interview on Collider (with an interesting part below):

https://sternpinball.com/2022/08/02/stern-of-the-union-address-august-2022/
https://collider.com/duffer-brothers-masterclass-stranger-things-pinball-machine/

Collider: For people that have not actually played the Stranger Things pinball, it's really good. It's just, it's hard to find. It's a limited edition. You know what I mean.

ROSS DUFFER: They did a terrific job with it. It's really great.

MATT DUFFER: I think there's a pinball version of IMDB, and I think called…Pinside.

MATT DUFFER: Pinside, yeah. And we're definitely at least in the top 30 or 25, or something. It's a good machine. It's a great machine and it keeps getting better. They keep updating it. I've learned so much about pinball, but they update it. They patch it. You can patch it like you patch video games. I mean, you know this. But I didn't know that.

ROSS DUFFER: It just keeps improving.

MATT DUFFER: Yeah, it just keeps improving. It's very hard to get the ball in the mouth of the Demogorgon though. I don't even try. Because you're going down right in the middle of the lane and I think it's just super dangerous. I just don't do it anymore, and I think that's the key to my success. I just stay clear the Demogorgon. I just let him roar at me and then go away.

#31882 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

It's nice to hear actors voices doing Pinball call outs(not sound bits from the show or movie) like in TS4. T3 was the last one that I can remember.

Stern Star Trek (Karl Urban)
Batman 66 (Burt Ward; Adam West on SLE)
Elvira House of Horrors (Cassandra Peterson)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#31883 1 year ago
Quoted from Padrino:

It’s laughable when something is classified a disaster when not immediately selling out all stock… Did not realize that’s the measure of the market

Forget not just selling out. Not selling at a discount either. Disaster.

JJP can claim great day one sell through numbers but as distributors sit on these CEs and people don't buy up JJPs LEs, the tune has significantly changed whether they want to admit it or not.

The market doesn't shill - it only reports the facts.

#31884 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Ghostbusters, jjPotC, Stranger Things, Rick and Morty, and Mandalorian say "hi!"

#31885 1 year ago

Stern just tweeted the word 'pinball'

Pinside about to lose their minds

#31886 1 year ago

I bet someone left the account open and someone found out and as a joke just typed pinball to get everyone in a frenzy.

#31887 1 year ago
4F5075E3-86DD-4CAB-BC07-EDD1A6C8A257 (resized).jpeg4F5075E3-86DD-4CAB-BC07-EDD1A6C8A257 (resized).jpeg
#31888 1 year ago

Screenshot_20220901-152559_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220901-152559_Chrome (resized).jpg
#31889 1 year ago

It's something trending with businesses on Twitter today I've seen a bunch of one word posts about their business.

#31890 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

It's something trending with businesses on Twitter today I've seen a bunch of one word posts about their business.

Can someone tweet to Stern one word about how this delay makes me feel: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
75405963.jpg75405963.jpg

#31891 1 year ago

Speaking of Mary Poppins, I just heard about her new gig. Apparently, she’s moved to California and opened a fortune teller business, specializing in the prediction of bad breath. The sign out front? “Super California Mystic, Expert: Halitosis”

#31892 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Speaking of Mary Poppins, I just heard about her new gig. Apparently, she’s moved to California and opened a fortune teller business, specializing in the prediction of bad breath. The sign out front? “Super California Mystic, Expert: Halitosis”

Have your upvote, now get the hell out of here.

#31893 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

And Bert the chimney sweep set up a shop across the street selling “Chim Chim Cher-ry” flavored toothpaste and mouthwash.

#31894 1 year ago

And a spoonful of sugar not only makes the medicine go down but it keeps your dentist happy

#31895 1 year ago

Oh yeah, back to pinball.....JAWS!!!!!

#31896 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I need to go all the way back to Mandalorian to find one

Or Rush, even if they aren't actors.... tons of amazing callouts though.

#31897 1 year ago

If Carl Weathers can do callouts then get Stallone and do that Rocky pinball while everyone is still alive.

58A8BEA1-9377-45A2-AA94-3A25DD321DEF (resized).jpeg58A8BEA1-9377-45A2-AA94-3A25DD321DEF (resized).jpeg
#31898 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

If Carl Weathers can do callouts then get Stallone and do that Rocky pinball while everyone is still alive.[quoted image]

The “I didn’t hear no bell” on an outlane save would be worth it alone! And “one more round” on a ball save... I know those aren’t original callouts but shut up and take my money.

#31899 1 year ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Oh yeah, back to pinball.....JAWS!!!!!

As a dentist you need this for your office…. Forgetting about crocodile dentist if you’re a JAWS fan get this one instead lol

As much as I want JAWS now I think they will try to capitalize on the 50th anniversary in 2025. I also think it will be a wide body. … cause you know you’re gonna need a bigger boat.

2AB78E44-BC9C-4DA4-AF69-6563B640C274 (resized).jpeg2AB78E44-BC9C-4DA4-AF69-6563B640C274 (resized).jpeg

#31900 1 year ago

As in go play the other 20 fucking new pinball machines you have losers Jesus lol.

Signed,
GS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 499.00
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gibsonia, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 47,176 posts in this topic. You are on page 638 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/638?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.