FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2477 5 years ago

Goronic I keep thinking it will be Tron. I mean LotR would be possible but by current Stern pricing and configuration standards it would cost $8000 at least. I guess the answer to that question is how many Spider-Man they sold for $7000 but they didn’t have to license anything because they switched all the art and call outs.

#2492 5 years ago

Sinestro They didn’t really have to do the full license because they didn’t do the movie. They did Spider-Man ultimate comic license. This had to cost much less with no likeness rights or movie studios involved. I guess it’s possible they could do LotR the book license with all new art and make no reference to the films but the BOM would still be quite high and may require a redesign as remaking white star would be odd. It’s not impossible but they would have to sell it for $7200 minimum in the current pricing structure, so why not just make whatever new movie or band pin?

It’s all a guess though.

1 year later
#8244 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How do you explain his hyperbolic rant on how revolutionary and unbelievable Wonka was with the amazing disappearing ball mech (straight out of Theatre of Magic)? It came out and it was just a Lawlor pin with mostly recycled ideas. Kaneda cancelled his order shortly thereafter. That was not even in the same universe as reality.
Granted, I don't listen to him, but just from what I've seen people say he says, he's not always on the money.

He was very excited he got to see it early and they told him it would have more code. He has since explained the rules didn’t turn out to what he wanted and apologized for getting too excited.

There’s people here that hype everything as the next greatest. Remember people’s excitement at the Munsters launch...

#8247 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The DIFFERENCE is he saw the ACTUAL machine in action and went on and on about the revolutionary pinball-changing DESIGN (not so much the software). The fact that he 180'd on that and it turned out to be the usual Lawlor amalgam of prior ideas says he's not always "on the money."

How do you know he went on and on if you said you didn’t listen? Let it go.

#8275 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am pretty sure that Keith’s next pin is Godzilla and that it will be released in 2020. If Stern moves forward with the Jaws license AND they assign it to Keith, it won’t be his 3rd or 4th design, both of which are done and in the can (undergoing software completion). So more than likely, Kaneda was shown the lure of Jaws and once seen, he bit. It caught him - hook, line and sinker.
Ask yourself, does this fall within Stern’s sense of humor? ... to assign code name Jaws to the Godzilla pinball machine. Once they are ready to produce Jaws in 2022, they can assign James Bond for it’s code name. Either way, we are years away from seeing Jaws.

JAWS was the code name for Jurassic Park. I doubt they reuse code names.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#9212 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Desire:
TRON PRO average is 8K (~3K over NIB at release)

8000 average cost for a Tron Pro? You know that just isn't true. A bone stock Tron Pro fetches around 5600 and 6500 heavily modded. I also think it was around 4200 NIB If I remember correctly.

All the Pins that got vaulted that were low 4k NIB got priced at 5700 NIB and it hurt sales to some degree. Do you want a NIB GOT for 5700 or you want one from when there were less playfield issues for less than 5000.

I don't think a stock Tron would be insanely desirable at current NIB prices.

#9214 3 years ago

Yet no one will buy a HUO stock TRON Pro on the Pinside for 6300 OBO. People will pay crazy prices for original NIB pins.

#9234 3 years ago
Quoted from kell:

That's actually a really good point.
I am one who'd be interested in a Tron VE, due in part cause I feel like I missed out on a great game - deciding between my first NIB I bought an X-Men instead of Tron. However, with some of the recent games it would be much harder decision to pick Tron over DP, JP, IM, etc.

That was my point but jawjaw stated it more directly. Every year there are better and better LCD Sterns. We are reaching a saturation point where people won't want to own as many older pins the 3rd or 4th time as the price creeps higher to a new Stern. When the price is the same it gets even more difficult.

You want a Congo again or the new Keith Elwin?

#9263 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What have we seen vaulted? Ironman, Star Trek, Spider-Man, are there any others?
Either way if you believe Stern would have vaulted those titles before Tron your mad! LEs where selling for what 10k plus a couple years back, if Stern could have re released then surely they would have done? If not then surely they would have at least done it by now?

Also GOT and they are running BM66 at the end of the year.

All these are if you consider a vault anything that is out of production being made.

2 weeks later
#9943 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Can you tell us how long before the announcement?

Current reliable rumor is tomorrow but I don’t know.

29317764-9F4D-43D0-AC3A-935925128A1A (resized).jpeg29317764-9F4D-43D0-AC3A-935925128A1A (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
11 months later
#19591 2 years ago

Wasn't Stranger Things released 12/30/19 only in bars. I don't think anyone owned one until 2020. I would consider it for all purposes a 2020 release especially since they basically released an unfinished game to make that date for marketing reasons.

#19625 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Stern has already had their yearly price bump. What do you mean a price bump in Sept?

Everyone is hearing from trusted sources a large price bump is coming soon.

2 weeks later
#20243 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is that happening? All games currently on order are going up in price?

always does

#20246 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

It definitely not fair and I think a lot of people are going to flip when they figure out what's going on. There's a ton of people waiting on games.

Happens every time. I remember when all the BM66 and Elvira prices went up everyone stood up and cancelled their orders... sorry I meant to say paid the new price and never spoke of it again.

11 months later
1 week later
#31867 1 year ago

Actor call outs aren't uncommon for Stern. It's just awful when they do it themselves so those stand out... ahem GotG.

Off the top of my head.

Carl Weathers - Mando
David Harbor - Stranger Things
Karl Urban - Star Trek
Adam West and Burt Ward - BM66
The Hound Actor - GOT

#31871 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Wasn't TMNT voice all done by Stern employees? I think all those call outs are great, and I don't remember seeing promo for using the original actors from the TV show.

Yeah, they do well at things more open. They don't have a great track record at hiring/finding actor sound a likes. I always liked the charm of BW sound a likes. For example all the ones in JM are pretty fun... It's gotta be a Gomez game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=waxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.