Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG
    There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.
    #401 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

So if one has a Kickstarter for $75k, and has "bots" pledge $60k, and $15k from real people, they pass their goal and are "successful". Does Kickstarter pay the creator the $15k they charged successfully when $60k are declined credit cards? Is it still a successful campaign?
    Or do you need to have $75k in real money charged to get anything?

I have backed one Kickstarter campaign and in doing so Kickstarter validated my card to ensure it was legit. Also, Kickstarter charges a 5% fee so if this project would get funded Kickstarter will give 95k

#402 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

The project is not dead. Whether we succeed on Kickstarter or not. We'll be showing a prototype at Pinball Expo.

Just booked my hotel room at Expo.

Kim

giphy-703.gifgiphy-703.gif

Edit: I love this girl and had to add the link with sound: http://coub.com/view/1z0sc07o

#403 9 years ago

$96,522 .. I can't stop checking.. wanting to see if the number starts to go down.. wonder what tolerance for risk the alleged bots have?

#405 9 years ago

number of backers dropped to 70 from 110 backers, but the bid amount went up. very odd.

#406 9 years ago

the known bots seem to be gone

#407 9 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

I have backed one Kickstarter campaign and in doing so Kickstarter validated my card to ensure it was legit. Also, Kickstarter charges a 5% fee so if this project would get funded Kickstarter will give 95k

Amazon also takes a 5% fee, so they would actually only get 90k

#408 9 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Amazon also takes a 5% fee, so they would actually only get 90k

okay so Amazon and Kickstarter get 5% ??? Did not know that......like ebaY, fees everywhere!

#409 9 years ago

huh backers dropped but money went up.. the plot thickens?

#410 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

one guy Marty Roberts called and told us he planned to sabotage the entire campaign

He called to threaten you and he gave his last name? Sounds legit.

#411 9 years ago

This has got "dodgy" written all over it from start. From the playfield design all the way down to people wanting to pay $3000 to have dinner and a few drinks.

#412 9 years ago

At this point, Vonnie D should just put the rest of the money in himself. He'd get paid back as soon as the Kickstarter pays out.

Actually, if I understand how KS works, as long as you can raise more than whatever the fees are, you should always fund the rest yourself. For instance, hypothetically:

100k Kickstarter Goal with 10% total fees
    20k Raised organically (2k in fees, 18k left)
    80k put in by organizers (8k in fees, 72k left)

When you get your 80k, you pay yourself back and have 10k in free money.

I'd imagine (hope) that KS has some kind of procedures to prevent this. Nor do I want to imply that this is what is happening here. However, since there is no guarantee to deliver anything w\ a Kickstarter, it sure seems like the entire system would be rife with abuse. I look forward to playing the Gremlins prototype at Expo (and the Pinball Circus flipping whitewood!)

#413 9 years ago

First I was never fired from The Pinball Company, I left to start my own company and build this pinball machine.

Second, I havnt read through the rules , that's for our lawyer and Wes doing the business stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to back your own project to push it over and I, unlike others assume do not participate in any fraud.

I appreciate everyone who had backed us and hopefully we will hit out goal!

#414 9 years ago

Lier I never called him. Wait I did call him liar but never on the phone.

Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 4.30.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-07-25 at 4.30.18 PM.png
    #415 9 years ago

Well, one backer just pushed this project over 100k...

#416 9 years ago

BAM! Funded!

#417 9 years ago

So, just to clarify, In the past hour this project lost 39 people backing it and went from:

2 @ $6500
    1 @ $8000
    3 @ $9000
    3 @ $10,000

To:

2 @ $6500
    1 @ $7500
    1 @ $8000
    4 @ $9000
    3 @ $10,000

#418 9 years ago

Wow this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
    Can I still pre order on some bath salts?

#419 9 years ago

Well, they just met the goal.

#420 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

Well, they just met the goal.

My guess is people will not see any return and Vonnie D fails. This entire project is half passed run and shady. If the ks was tampered with and it should be investigated, then everyone should have funds returned.

#421 9 years ago

So if I'm reading this thread correctly we should start to see the bots pull their pledges correct since they made their goal?

#422 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

So if I'm reading this thread correctly we should start to see the bots pull their pledges correct since they made their goal?

No, you will only see the bots pull if other people back, otherwise it wouldn't successfully fund.

#424 9 years ago

Read the top of the backers link.

"You’ll see these names updated every 10 backers. If you just backed and you don’t see your name yet, stay tuned! All names will be listed when the project ends no matter what."

#425 9 years ago

See, that is exactly how you respond to criticism^

I am obviously skeptical, looking at the numbers and backers...but if this goes through, and you do get money, and you're not scamming people and you are actually going to try your hand at building a serious boutique pin...you should probably never let Wes handle any PR stuff again, because he is absolutely horrible at it.

#426 9 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

See, that is exactly how you respond to criticism^
    I am obviously skeptical, looking at the numbers and backers...but if this goes through, and you do get money, and you're not scamming people and you are actually going to try your hand at building a serious boutique pin...you should probably never let Wes handle any PR stuff again, because he is absolutely horrible at it.

And your being nice about it. Wes is the worst PR person ever.

#427 9 years ago

I bet Leticia S. Perkins is sure going to be happy when she gets her minibike, hydroponic garden, bikini tv show and PINBALL MACHINE.

It's great that all the bots are backing the same projects. How much does this cost Wes?

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/981962080
    leticia-0025.medium.jpgleticia-0025.medium.jpg

#428 9 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

And your being nice about it. Wes is the worst PR person ever.

Yep...I was going to throw a few dollars in until I came on here and saw Wes's attitude. I don't want to support that, it's toxic to the hobby.

Quoted from hank527:

My guess is people will not see any return and Vonnie D fails. This entire project is half passed run and shady. If the ks was tampered with and it should be investigated, then everyone should have funds returned.

Well now that it's funded, the truth will come out. We'll see if anyone gets a machine. $100k doesn't seem like an awful lot of money put a pin into production.

#429 9 years ago

Anyone who believes these are not bots is a moron. Anyone who believes that the team is not directly responsible is also very gulible.

It is pretty insulting at this stage.

#430 9 years ago

Sorry Vonnie. Should have picked better friends. Zero interest at this point and hopefully this debacle fades away quickly.

Entire project is a 'non' starter as far as most are concerned, so I'm Findng it hard to believe this project got $100k of real backers. Bye bye.

Keefer and Metallik have been around a long time. I'm going the smart route on this one, I suggest the real backers follow suit.

Wouldn't surprise me to see their Pinside accounts pulled eventually.

#431 9 years ago

1 hour to go, 73 backers. Any guesses on the number of backers when the bots purge and the counter hits 0?

#432 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

1 hour to go, 73 backers. Any guesses on the number of backers when the bots purge and the counter hits 0?

Two, Ivor Biggin and Phil McCavity both from Portland Oregon and both are still in on the Bikini TV opportunity as well

#433 9 years ago

I'm really excited about the Bikini TV thing. Bots better not f that up.

#434 9 years ago

So I'm walking on the beach enjoying an adult beverage..... Life is good..... and what am I thinking?

"Gotta get home to check the VD Pinball drama."

Geez.... I need a life.

#435 9 years ago

Funded...

#436 9 years ago

You've got to wait one more week to find out if it's really funded. And Vonnie has to wait at least an additional week to see money.

"When funding ends successfully, the cash is not immediately available for creators to get to work. Amazon Payments, which processes all Kickstarter transactions, has a mandatory hold period of 14 days for funds (it takes another three to five for the funds to transfer, as well). During that time there’s a seven-day window where backers can fix any payment problems, and finally in two weeks the funds are ready to withdraw."

#437 9 years ago

I'm curious. Did anyone here pledge anything in excess of $100?

I'm not asking how much, just a simple yes will suffice.

#438 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

You've got to wait one more week to find out if it's really funded. And Vonnie has to wait at least an additional week to see money.
    "When funding ends successfully, the cash is not immediately available for creators to get to work. Amazon Payments, which processes all Kickstarter transactions, has a mandatory hold period of 14 days for funds (it takes another three to five for the funds to transfer, as well). During that time there’s a seven-day window where backers can fix any payment problems, and finally in two weeks the funds are ready to withdraw."

Regardless of that, it still is funded now though so they get the money now, even if it adds up to less than 100k right?

#439 9 years ago

I think I was the 2nd person to fund the 100$ to reserve a standard spot. I'm not too worried to lose it; I hope they accomplish everything they plan to with this game. I don't have to give any more money until its shipping time, if that ever happens.

#440 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

Regardless of that, it still is funded now though so they get the money now, even if it adds up to less than 100k right?

I really don't know. I'd think Amazon likely does some kind of due diligence before handing 100k (minus fees) to someone.

As I said above, given Kickstarter's model, anytime a project raises enough money to cover fees, they're in the black. If friends\family\gamblers fund the rest, you could reimburse them and still have money in the bank. According to Kickstarter's terms (shown below), a creator is required to fulfill all rewards or refund the money.

While I have backed one Kickstarter in the past, you won't see me ever doing it again. The way it's set up now, there is virtually no accountability. For failed projects, the backers have to mount a lawsuit to recoup any money. Most backers won't bother with that.

creator-responsibility.pngcreator-responsibility.png

Post edited by pinlynx: Added some clarity.

#441 9 years ago

Amazing

#442 9 years ago

I know I'm late to the party, but grabbing my
    rooster.jpgrooster.jpg
    and
    popcorn.jpgpopcorn.jpg

#443 9 years ago

Congrats guys! I hope everything is legit and goes smoothly for you.

#444 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

I bet Leticia S. Perkins is sure going to be happy when she gets her minibike, hydroponic garden, bikini tv show and PINBALL MACHINE.
    It's great that all the bots are backing the same projects. How much does this cost Wes?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/981962080

leticia-0025.medium.jpg 3 KB

To be fair, she's going to be loving life when she's got some stuff grown hydroponically in her house, half-naked chicks on TV, and a pinball machine in the living room. She may even ride her minibike down to the corner store to buy some incense/bath salts to complete the experience!

#445 9 years ago

You know, there's no way to know if this is legit or not due to the way that KS is setup and the lack of transparency, but this thing has failed the sniff test for me. Maybe it ends up OK, but I am not getting near this thing with a 10-foot-pole.

#446 9 years ago

What exactly is Barry Oursler's involvement in this? Is he designing aspects of the game or just a consultant? His face is plastered on the VD FB page as well as the KS.

#447 9 years ago

Never thought I would see pigs fly but this kickstarter proved me wrong.
    My guess is the pig smoked some Bombay Breeze:

"Each packet has the brand name, Bombay Breeze, and is decorated with a psychedelic logo featuring a cartoon elephant meditating among abstract-looking coils of smoke and stars"

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_26/b4234058348635.htm

#448 9 years ago

IBTL (in before the litigation).

#449 9 years ago

For the record, Von was an employee and we mutually agreed to part ways. He wanted to build a pinball machine and I was not quite ready to take the leap. We are friends and communicate regularly. Wes has been a friend and customer for several years. He has purchased many arcades and pinball machines from The Pinball Company. He supports pinball by having a good selection of pins and hosting pinball tournaments at his arcade. I supported the project and I am familiar enough with the project to believe a machine will be made. Not sure how many they will sell or if they will make a dime doing it, but I'm comfortable with the risk. I have also supported JJP as the first US distributor to get on board. In addition, we have supported PPS's MMR and Skit-B's Predator projects. I will continue to support these projects as they are good for pinball. That said, I think it best for individuals to wait until a machine is designed, built, and ready to deliver before making a pinball purchase from a reputable dealer. As always, Pinsiders have weighed in and your constructive criticism and comments do help these companies understand the needs and concerns of their potential customers and players. Keep it coming!

Nic

#450 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCompany:

For the record, Von was an employee and we mutually agreed to part ways. He wanted to build a pinball machine and I was not quite ready to take the leap. We are friends and communicate regularly. Wes has been a friend and customer for several years. He has purchased many arcades and pinball machines from The Pinball Company. He supports pinball by having a good selection of pins and hosting pinball tournaments at his arcade. I supported the project and I am familiar enough with the project to believe a machine will be made. Not sure how many they will sell or if they will make a dime doing it, but I'm comfortable with the risk. I have also supported JJP as the first US distributor to get on board. In addition, we have supported PPS's MMR and Skit-B's Predator projects. I will continue to support these projects as they are good for pinball. That said, I think it best for individuals to wait until a machine is designed, built, and ready to deliver before making a pinball purchase from a reputable dealer. As always, Pinsiders have weighed in and your constructive criticism and comments do help these companies understand the needs and concerns of their potential customers and players. Keep it coming!
    Nic

From an employers stand point I understand this posting. So for the record my information on him being terminated did not come from Nic.

Nic, what do you know about Wes? Other than what I already know "He's a liar" as we have never spoken face to face that I am aware of and no phone calls were made to him about this project or any project, nor threats were ever made "that" makes him a liar! So, that much I know is a fact! I already question this entire project based on the facts that came out about him & his so called marketing experience. Other than his bankruptcy, Salt bath or whatever you want to call it, puppet shows and the list is long. That's all we have to go on.
    Von, I think is most likely a good guy, but this other guy, well 1 bad apple spoils the bunch. People can believe whatever they want. That's what makes this a great country. You will NEVER convince me, even if a machine appeared tomorrow and blows every machine away on the market and leaves people like that the KS was legit. It's it strange that nothing goes on for days and days and days, then in the last hours BOOM the miracle happen. I would buy the fact that maybe 1 or 2 stepped in and pay the job to be an investor but not like this. I have seen investors buy money losing companies for taxes right offs that would explain this. Again not theses people who showed up. Sorry I do not buy it. Plus KS has it's own scam stories.

There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.