Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vonnied.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

First just so it is clear we do have Barry Oursler already on board helping with his knowledge of pinball and designing game modes.

Second, the items necessary for our prototype have been completely purchased and we have all the parts we have been waiting on suppliers like the cabinet, prototype metal pieces and currently the playfield. We have went through 3 of them getting it perfect to be populated. I am personally cutting the playfield by hand to make sure everything is where I want it before I start hiring or purchasing a CNC machine to run my G-code. The game was designed quickly in future pinball just to get ideas of shots, the real machine is designed in SolidWorks 2014.

Thirdly, I understand the pre-order issue you do not have to pre-order to help us out. We thought we would go to the pinball community to help get an efficient production line up and going, so we could avoid many of the delays you commonly see with boutique pinball makers. Even purchasing a T-shirt, a poster, or whatever you are financially able and willing to, will help the project. If necessary, we have interested backers, however we do not want to lose the flexibility of designing to a venture capitalist or drive prices up to meet an investors profit demand. We have other pinball themes and layouts ready at lower costs, however Kickstarter rules require we fund a specific project (so we choose Pinball Gremlins) and our first pin has many additional costs that future ones won't as a result of being the first to use our custom boards, lights, etc.

#188 9 years ago

Hey Sorry I have been in the shop working on the prototype and I am ready for inserts currently doing those now and this evening here is a preview before

final prototype.jpegfinal prototype.jpeg

Also good news cabinet pieces came in yesterday so that will be a fun project tonight!

backbox parts.jpegbackbox parts.jpeg

cabinet parts.jpegcabinet parts.jpeg

I know I am not posting that much and that is something I will be working on, even when working in undergraduate research labs I had trouble with writing down the procedure or on here "blogging" about it. So you will have to have patience as we are a small team and I am currently in charge of the design, code and manufacturing. Being a one man show allows the lower costs but can cause my time to be eaten up and so I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

To all those who have shown support and constructive criticism I appreciate it, I look forward to making a machine you all will enjoy whether in your home or on route somewhere near by. To all the others I am sorry we have not done it the way "you" would, we are going about it the way "we" want and feel is the way we need to be.

I will post more about the playfield and cabinet as it gets done, we are still waiting for our prototype metal pieces and I would like to have those before I start to populate this playfield.

Thanks for all you input!

#197 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I have never seen a pinball field with the wood grain running in that direction? I guess you are making changes to the pinball world or hopefully you'll fix that before machine sales. A CNC machine would work better. Just must faster and your line would be straight. Also, would you hurry up and finalize the colors for the characters. That will give you something else to show us how hard your working. I mean there done why not show them? Oops, I am sorry I should have not let that out of the bag.

What is your deal? If anything was done we would show it! Also all this harassing what does it get you??? Imaginary Pinball points?

#206 9 years ago

The wood is 1/2" Baltic Birch 7 layer void free

#237 9 years ago

Here is an update from the Holiday weekend!

Inserts are almost done, still need to sand the tops off. We had one set of inserts have a defect of being 1/8" and not 1/4" so we are waiting for those to come soon and waiting on some custom made 1" x 1-1/2" and 1" x 2".

Inserts almost done.JPGInserts almost done.JPG

Insert progress.JPGInsert progress.JPG

Also cabinet and backbox went together to find out we are missing 5 pieces total from the set. So more delays, YAY!!!

Setting up the backbox 1.JPGSetting up the backbox 1.JPG

Setting up the backbox 2.JPGSetting up the backbox 2.JPG

Setting up the backbox 3.JPGSetting up the backbox 3.JPG

Setting up the cabinet 1.JPGSetting up the cabinet 1.JPG

Setting up the cabinet 2.JPGSetting up the cabinet 2.JPG

Setting up the cabinet 3.JPGSetting up the cabinet 3.JPG

Setting up the cabinet 4.JPGSetting up the cabinet 4.JPG

Setting up the cabinet 5.JPGSetting up the cabinet 5.JPG

More updates to come! Hope everyone had a great weekend and Holiday weekend!

2 weeks later
    #291 9 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I would bet it was an inside job. However, if it was someone else please call me I have some ocean front property in St. Louis. "No really" it's not the Mississippi it just looks like it.

Where at in St. Louis? We are looking to relocate to a newer and bigger building? One problem is it close enough I can park my Yacht?

#413 9 years ago

First I was never fired from The Pinball Company, I left to start my own company and build this pinball machine.

Second, I havnt read through the rules , that's for our lawyer and Wes doing the business stuff, but I'm pretty sure it's against the law to back your own project to push it over and I, unlike others assume do not participate in any fraud.

I appreciate everyone who had backed us and hopefully we will hit out goal!

#424 9 years ago

Read the top of the backers link.

"You’ll see these names updated every 10 backers. If you just backed and you don’t see your name yet, stay tuned! All names will be listed when the project ends no matter what."

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vonnied.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update?tu=vonnied and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.