Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG
    There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.
    #601 9 years ago

#602 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

Thank you very much for your prayers, they are very much appreciated.
    I won't speak much about the ongoing case, but I will state that I believe the courts will find in my favor as it moves forward. I will add that I believe the allegations against me are incorrect and it is still my belief that I never did anything to violate the law. Each of you may have an opinion on the matter, but none of you have the facts. Obviously, I never meant any harm to anyone and I voluntarily chose to remove myself from the entire situation long before this indictment.
    The judge has released me from custody to work on my family entertainment projects and to be with my loved ones while awaiting trial. I ask you to reserve your judgement until the whole story can be known. I believe that we all have things in our past we wish we could erase. Although I am not proud of the situation, I am not going to make any effort to hide from the news which you have heard about me and are all well aware of. For you guys, many of whom are our backers, you have a right to know what is going on and this case is the reason for our delay in providing you with timely information about the pinball project. I also won't sugarcoat the fact that the Pinball Gremlins project is not on schedule.
    Anyone who has put their trust in us shouldn't worry however. I would like to reassure you that, following Christmas, the Vonnie D Pinball team will be back to work on the pinball machine to ensure it gets completed. My focus through the holidays are to spend time with my son and be with those that I love. This has been hard not only on myself, but also on Von and my family.

#603 9 years ago

say-no-1.jpgsay-no-1.jpgsay-no-2.jpgsay-no-2.jpgsay-no-3.jpgsay-no-3.jpgsay-no-4.jpgsay-no-4.jpg

#604 9 years ago

I'd say you need to crawl back under that rock you came from and NEVER appear again mate!

#605 9 years ago

This thread will be on fire tomorrow.
    Billy Joel style

wdstf billy joel.jpegwdstf billy joel.jpeg

#606 9 years ago

My popcorn bill is gonna be huge this month.

#607 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#608 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

I also won't sugarcoat the fact that the Pinball Gremlins project is not on schedule.

Get out of here. I was certain this was on the fast track.
    LMFAO!

#609 9 years ago

hahaha it is the dramapocalypse on pinside this week!

#610 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

hahaha it is the dramapocalypse on pinside this week!

This is the best/worst week in the history of Pinside!

Now, who's going to be the first to send Wes their preorder money?

Calling Iceman, are you there?

rd.

#611 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

I won't speak much about the ongoing case, but I will state that I believe the courts will find in my favor as it moves forward. I will add that I believe the allegations against me are incorrect and it is still my belief that I never did anything to violate the law. Each of you may have an opinion on the matter, but none of you have the facts. Obviously, I never meant any harm to anyone and I voluntarily chose to remove myself from the entire situation long before this indictment.
    The judge has released me from custody to work on my family entertainment projects and to be with my loved ones while awaiting trial. I ask you to reserve your judgement until the whole story can be known. I believe that we all have things in our past we wish we could erase. Although I am not proud of the situation, I am not going to make any effort to hide from the news which you have heard about me and are all well aware of. For you guys, many of whom are our backers, you have a right to know what is going on and this case is the reason for our delay in providing you with timely information about the pinball project. I also won't sugarcoat the fact that the Pinball Gremlins project is not on schedule.
    Anyone who has put their trust in us shouldn't worry however. I would like to reassure you that, following Christmas, the Vonnie D Pinball team will be back to work on the pinball machine to ensure it gets completed. My focus through the holidays are to spend time with my son and be with those that I love. This has been hard not only on myself, but also on Von and my family.

Well, there went a chance to disappear with dignity. Go away.

Sympathy=none.

#612 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

I was going to post some pictures and get overly emotional, but I gave myself some time to calm down.

My grandson doesn't have a father any longer, and I can draw a straight line from guys like you who "weren't doing anything illegal" to his downfall and eventual death.

Just because you think you 'can' do something, doesn't mean you should. You knew full well what you were selling, and what the end users of your products were doing with them - yet you did it anyway.

Shame on you, and I hope you're prosecuted and sentenced to the highest extent the law allows.

#613 9 years ago

I assumed this project wasn't going anywhere since there hasn't been an update since August and no show at expo. Could Vonnie not make a post what he was up to if Wes was.. not available for comment?

#614 9 years ago

Wow! Just wow!

#615 9 years ago

guessing DP paid VD a visit and asked them to post something...

LOL.

Wes > stay off the internet and get your shit together. Gremlins is beyond dead and we all know it.

#616 9 years ago

New information came to light with DP - but nothing new here, all the information on Wes's prior business endevours was out there from the start. I'm willing to take a chance with experienced people that have a good reputation like Jack, Charlie, Rick and Andrew but there's no way in hell I'd put my trust in a "stranger" to pinball with a dubious resume. If miraculously they manufacture a good game, I'd be happy to buy one that was sitting in front of me using a credit card.

#617 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

For you guys, many of whom are our backers,

Really? Who?

#618 9 years ago

The concept for the game seems pretty cool. Maybe VD should talk to someone like Charlie or Andrew about selling the design to get his feet wet in the business. Unfortunately though, the project is so tarnished now that anyone reputable probably won't want to get near it.

#619 9 years ago

If we missed the kickstarter, can we still pre-order now?

#620 9 years ago

Just when I thought this week couldn't get any weirder.....

#621 9 years ago

I'm going to bed. I'll read the 480 new posts in the morning.

#622 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

After reading about Dutch Pinball and Vonnie D, why do we bash JJP and Stern so bad ?

#624 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

fbz_384b309412077f04d1e9453c1a99ed7b[1].jpgfbz_384b309412077f04d1e9453c1a99ed7b[1].jpg

#625 9 years ago

I don't care what one person did as versus another in the past. Sometimes the past is the past for a reason. I do agree with one point here that sticks out. There are not just two sides to every story but three. Yours, Mine, and the truth. Maybe before we try and hang someone we should learn both sides of the story and let the cards fall where they may? I am not getting into the what is right and what is wrong debacle. I am simply saying that a lot of you are quick to judge without knowing all of the facts. pitty.jpgpitty.jpg

#626 9 years ago
    Quoted from ronlisa:

After reading about Dutch Pinball and Vonnie D, why do we bash JJP and Stern so bad ?

Yeah, companies that actually run like business, I'd toss Spooky in there too.

#627 9 years ago
    Quoted from crazybobs:

Sometimes the past is the past for a reason.

Yup, called time...

#628 9 years ago

I request this thread get locked. Nothing good will come of it.

#629 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed209:

My popcorn bill is gonna be huge this month.

popcorn-watching-neighbours-fighting-bundys-married-with-children-2.gifpopcorn-watching-neighbours-fighting-bundys-married-with-children-2.gif
    #630 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

I was going to post some pictures and get overly emotional, but I gave myself some time to calm down.
    My grandson doesn't have a father any longer, and I can draw a straight line from guys like you who "weren't doing anything illegal" to his downfall and eventual death.
    Just because you think you 'can' do something, doesn't mean you should. You knew full well what you were selling, and what the end users of your products were doing with them - yet you did it anyway.
    Shame on you, and I hope you're prosecuted and sentenced to the highest extent the law allows.

I agree with this 100% and will take it further. You have no idea what the outcome of your synthetic shit was and the impact it had on families. Wannabe Pablo Escobar. Karma is a real bitch.

I apologize if that offends anyone but this is a subject that strikes a chord with me.

#631 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

Anyone who has put their trust in us shouldn't worry however.

Trust like showing the pin at Expo?

#632 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

say-no-1.jpg 13 KB

say-no-2.jpg 16 KB

say-no-4.jpg 40 KB

say-no-3.jpg 98 KB

Is that Creech in a skateboard shop?
    I always wondered when I could see a Creature pin with some Creature skateboard stickers on it.

#633 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

I also won't sugarcoat the fact that the Pinball Gremlins project is not on schedule.

Interesting enough, that is really no different than all the other "preorder" games..... Take your time, no one seems to care, and some pinsiders will swoop and crucify anyone that complains about an untimely delivery, stating to "give me a break" or "he is doing the best he can". In fact you don't particularily have to communicate anything either.

#634 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

but I will state that I believe the courts will find in my favor as it moves forward.

darthBS.jpgdarthBS.jpg

#635 9 years ago

Wait, What? This is still a thing? Oh pinball!

Post edited by practicalsteve: Thought better of original post, might seem insensitive.

#636 9 years ago

Prison might do you some good.

#637 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

The judge has released me from custody to work on my family entertainment projects and to be with my loved ones while awaiting trial.

That was very nice for the judge to let you off to work on your family entertainment projects...

... oh and be with your loved ones.. that too..

... but first the family entertainment projects. Judges are usually err on the side of go carts.

#638 9 years ago
    Quoted from dkpinball:

That was very nice for the judge to let you off to work on your family entertainment projects...

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

"Family entertainment projects", ROFL.

7wtGLR9.gif7wtGLR9.gif
    #639 9 years ago

Is it even possible to entertain a whole family with bath salts? Kids get bored of things so fast!

wip7Wag[1].gifwip7Wag[1].gif

#640 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

NO. WAY.

Care to comment on your fraudulent Kickstarter backers?

#641 9 years ago

The whole project was stillborn 5 months ago. To pretend it's still viable at this point is comical.

#642 9 years ago

#643 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

Anyone who has put their trust in us shouldn't worry however. I would like to reassure you that, following Christmas, the Vonnie D Pinball team will be back to work on the pinball machine to ensure it gets completed.

..................................Dude.... Im pretty sure that ship sailed along damn time ago. Who in their right minds are going to give you money now haha. Good luck with your case, from what I've read on the internet about it, it doesnt look good.

#644 9 years ago

dang-it !
    now i'm going to have to create a completely new douche merit badge for this.

douchebag-merit-badges.jpgdouchebag-merit-badges.jpg

#645 9 years ago

So was Barry Oursler ever involved in this or not?

#646 9 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

no

#647 9 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Confirmed by?

I really don't think Vonnie D has a PR guy anymore to answer the questions. Remember Wes is on shore leave for family entertainment.

#648 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.giftim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

#649 9 years ago

Confirmed by the fact that they have been full of shit on literally every aspect of the project. Why would one even entertain the notion that Barry Ousler's involvement was the lone thing they were being truthful about, especially considering there was never a shred of evidence he was?

#650 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Confirmed by the fact that they have been full of shit on literally every aspect of the project. Why would one even entertain the notion that Barry Ousler's involvement was the lone thing they were being truthful about, especially considering there was never a shred of evidence he was?

But wouldn't you think Barry would come out and say "NO, not involved with these swizzlesticks"?

There are 820 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 17.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.