Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 820 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

vonnied.jpg
    shirt-mold-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150620_201729.jpg
    PrisonBreak-Pinball.png
    253525.jpg
    257011-i.jpg
    20150410_112749.jpeg
    dd.jpg
    3stooges.jpg
    388658-i.jpg
    deadbeat designers.jpg
    Home.png
    vonnie.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#359 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

Funny how the two people who want to "report us" are another pinball company (Planetary Pinball Supply)

I think you need to read PPS' post again as the way I took it he was questioning Kickstarter and not the actions of Vonnie D.

#368 9 years ago
    Quoted from wesupchurch:

You wanna talk about a sketchy scam? Where's all those games that JJP has already been paid for?

wesupchurch no one wins when it comes to stuff like this!!! JJP's biggest issue has been the delay in producing said machines. Yeah it hasn't happened as quickly as all would have liked to seen happen but saying he is up to something sketchy is not adequate.

You guys are also new to the pinball market so I am certain you all will also have issues/delays as its part of starting up a company!

Hope you guys meet the 100k and your machine comes to fruition without issues! Don't get sucked into the name calling as it just winds up making you look bad!!!

#401 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

So if one has a Kickstarter for $75k, and has "bots" pledge $60k, and $15k from real people, they pass their goal and are "successful". Does Kickstarter pay the creator the $15k they charged successfully when $60k are declined credit cards? Is it still a successful campaign?
    Or do you need to have $75k in real money charged to get anything?

I have backed one Kickstarter campaign and in doing so Kickstarter validated my card to ensure it was legit. Also, Kickstarter charges a 5% fee so if this project would get funded Kickstarter will give 95k

#408 9 years ago
    Quoted from aeonblack:

Amazon also takes a 5% fee, so they would actually only get 90k

okay so Amazon and Kickstarter get 5% ??? Did not know that......like ebaY, fees everywhere!

2 weeks later
    #509 9 years ago

Let me start out by saying I have nothing against Vonnie D and wish them luck in their endeavor! I am only sharing this information to try and provide those that are unfamiliar with Kickstarter with what I encountered when I tried to get clarity on the shill (bots) bidders.

I had sent an email to Kickstarter about the questionable backers for this deal. As someone that had interest in this Kickstarter I was reluctant to do so with the issue so I sent the following email to Kickstarter:

"I was interested in the Pinball Gremlins Pinball Machine by Vonnie D Pinball (2065029795) but looking at the past pledges it appears there is something suspicious. Are all the below "backers" bots? First, they all joined Kickstarter in June. They all have beautiful, generic looking profile pictures, and they all pretty much have backed the same projects...
    (list of backers)
    It appears that someone is putting in bogus pledges?"

Kickstarter's reply:
    "Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We've investigated the case and taken the appropriate action. We work hard to keep the Kickstarter ecosystem safe, and appreciate your help. Please let us know if any further issues arise."

With the above generic response I replied asking them "Can you advise as to the outcome? What action was taken? Per the site it reflects it was funded!"

Kickstarter's reply:
    "Thanks for reaching out and for using Kickstarter. It's our policy not to comment on the actions we take beyond what is visible on the public pages of the site. Hope this helps clarify."

I backed one Kickstarter project in the past and had no issues. The lack of response and uncertainty I did not feel comfortable in backing this project. Also, it took Kickstarter over 5 days to respond to my first email.

3 years later
    #806 5 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I think someone could make a few bucks running a batch of these. I'd buy one.

Start a Kickstarter (what, too soon?)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vonnie-d-pinball-update?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.