IMG_7019 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3090 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4036 (resized).jpg
IMG_4034 (resized).jpg
IMG_3077 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1907 Service bulletin noting lock down bar change Posted by Jarbyjibbo (6 years ago)

Post #4404 The Valinor Strategy Video Posted by CLEllison (4 years ago)

Post #5383 LOTR documentation for silicone rings and LEDs Posted by Daditude (4 years ago)

Post #9244 TECH:PLAYFIELD Opto Driver replacement board warning Posted by PinMonk (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williams95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8511 1 year ago
Quoted from wombat:

Need some help please. I'm currently cleaning up my LOTR and removed Balrog. The part the arrow is pointing to is actually broken. I can't find a part number. It's the part that the screw screws into, holding the mounting bracket to Balrog.
[quoted image]

I have the same issue which I haven’t fixed yet. Found relevant posts in this thread or perhaps elsewhere on Pinside that were helpful. Verify if threaded part is stripped and use a tap & die set to fix. It seems like the reason that part came loose is due to a misaligned thread (at least for me) - this caused the screw to get stuck and then the whole damn thing came out!. Once that is taken care of, it just needs to be glued back into Balrog as mentioned above.

OR - try what LOTR_breath just posted; that could be easier. Tks!

#8526 1 year ago
Quoted from wombat:

For anyone interested, this product worked very well for adding a threaded insert into Balrog.
amazon.com link »

Perfect - thank you; I am going to try that!

5 months later
#9155 1 year ago
Quoted from briyau15:

Ok, after re-watching the New Control System video my understanding is that all 3 parts plug into each other, as shown in the pic below. Is that correct?
That would mean I would uninstall the original Palantir bulb and nothing gets re-attached to it so it is an open / unused cable going forward?
[quoted image]

I think you are right - I watched the 2:06 video and towards the end (1:50 mark) you can see the original Palantir cable just hanging there (presumably unused going forward). Good luck and let us know how it works out! I'm thinking of getting this mod - it looks great.

2 months later
#9351 1 year ago
Quoted from rdleifriaf:

I'm really proud of myself! I just did my first mod with lights (the eye of Sauron light in the back box), and I didn't screw it up, LOL! That's motivated me to install the Army of the Dead mod.
I think everything that came with the kit I bought is included, but there were no directions, and the seller was of no help. Any support would be appreciated! Keep in mind, I'm very new to modding, so even the vocabulary of the part names is beyond me at this point.
Also, the plastic I got from the seller was incredibly cloudy as well, which is really disappointing. I'm going to make the most of it by affixing these skulls over the top of the plastic. I've never seen anyone do that before, but I think it'll turn out well? I'll drill holes in the skulls for the wiring for the Army of the Dead figures. I haven't put in the side art yet, but I'm looking forward to adding that too.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like DrWaz & glpinball said, check for the protective film - on *both* sides.

1 month later
#9504 1 year ago
Quoted from flipper73:

i want to install the balrog whip mod. for this reason i have to take the balrog away from the playfield. Is it correct that I have to open this „construction“?
[quoted image]

Yes - straighten out the pin and pull it out, unplug the connector under the playfield and then the whole thing should just pull up (IF I recall correctly…). You may need to clip the zip ties to make it easier but I think I was able to keep them on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 7.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider williams95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club?tu=williams95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.