Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12,726 posts
  • 262 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by mic1977
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221112_111344 (resized).jpg
    20221113_113647 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    E893773E-CDD8-41DF-8FC7-5D8BCFE74430 (resized).jpeg
    7cf85459214f3fbce84f97078a5c4cd60e84949d.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    ba29db9bb2e670dc85f4048c417d5bea2fa89b0e.jpg
    50e3ff497b5dadad19e84aacf0ee6de653482a22.jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 255.
    #7001 5 years ago

Mic: Well i’ll be damned?! This looks supercool!

5E8F8EAF-D6E0-420E-9028-9C1C407806B9 (resized).jpeg5E8F8EAF-D6E0-420E-9028-9C1C407806B9 (resized).jpeg
    #7002 5 years ago

Oh wooooow dude hahaha!!!

9E855389-C886-499B-9742-246AB492E7B6 (resized).jpeg9E855389-C886-499B-9742-246AB492E7B6 (resized).jpeg
    #7003 5 years ago

Allright,Mic and Dick got this covered...cool...

D47DEECA-588D-4C1C-AC92-BE5D5B21F54B (resized).jpegD47DEECA-588D-4C1C-AC92-BE5D5B21F54B (resized).jpegDC84E849-A65E-4177-A663-6B737432A8DA (resized).jpegDC84E849-A65E-4177-A663-6B737432A8DA (resized).jpeg
    #7004 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Oh wooooow dude hahaha!!!

Not going to post a photo snapped through one? We want to see too!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#7005 5 years ago

Let’s look at the code,the other day,i was in my car and this cool song came on...you guys likely never heard of this guy...”Herman Brood and his wild romance”,he sorta jumped off the Hilton hotel when the going got tough,but he made some damn good music....wanna make a new music sequence with the heads,plus i got a cool idea with the paranormal activity meters...it occured to me,they álso look like old skool equalizers of our getto blasters from back in the 90’s
    I have a great idea!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #7006 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Not going to post a photo snapped through one? We want to see too!
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

Yeah ofcourse man,this is what Dick looks like through the glasses!!

7CBAF098-C599-44DD-AF53-F87DBFE08112 (resized).jpeg7CBAF098-C599-44DD-AF53-F87DBFE08112 (resized).jpeg
    #7007 5 years ago

Kidding! This is our Iron maiden pinball through the glasses lol!! It’s crazy!!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #7008 5 years ago

This is our Iron maiden pinball through the glasses lol!! It’s crazy!!!

After a couple alley safety meetings, you won't be able to tell the difference!

#7009 5 years ago

The guys are almost through!

89C9BD8D-6D3B-451E-ADCE-05FC743E4EAE (resized).jpeg89C9BD8D-6D3B-451E-ADCE-05FC743E4EAE (resized).jpeg
    #7010 5 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

After a couple alley safety meetings, you won't be able to tell the difference!

Yeah totally man! Woohoo!!!

#7011 5 years ago

The song is called “white” or “ i don’t wanna be white no more”.
    Which suits our 2 ultra white ghosts
    Just downloaded it and converted to .ogg file.

#7012 5 years ago

The first led show for our slingshot equalizer is ready!

#7013 5 years ago

First equalizer show running!

#7014 5 years ago

Break!

#7015 5 years ago

A hole! Progress!!!

2ED0A788-F595-4C9B-94FE-4F83B4D647AB (resized).jpeg2ED0A788-F595-4C9B-94FE-4F83B4D647AB (resized).jpeg
    #7016 5 years ago

First equalizer show running!</block

Really Cool!!!!!

#7017 5 years ago

Hey thanks bro,wait till you see it running together with the song...working on it,i guess another hour or so...
    I am syncing the heads with the lyrics at the moment.

#7018 5 years ago

It’s gonna be allright..

#7019 5 years ago

These are all servo movements to sync the mouths with the lyrics...a lot of it is copy and paste stuff.
    The song loosely repeats the same line in the audio clip i cut.
    I’ll polish it later,just getting the rough framework in..
    Bear with me...

#7020 5 years ago

You wanna know how loud it is over here on friday?

#7021 5 years ago

Should the lights above the slings be flipped? green - all is well (at the bottom). yellow danger close. red (at the top) paranormal activity? It seems like the green and red should be swapped no?

#7022 5 years ago
    Quoted from tommyp:

Should the lights above the slings be flipped? green - all is well (at the bottom). yellow danger close. red (at the top) paranormal activity? It seems like the green and red should be swapped no?

No you are pursuing low paranormal activity from Lord Grimm.
    So you are actually working towards green.
    So the PAM starts being in the red and slowly turns green through shots on the playfield.
    I understand what you mean,i see it too now...but that’s the idea!

#7023 5 years ago

All amigos combined make a nice lamp
    matrix!

D839B6E9-123C-418B-8EF6-3118684FC044 (resized).jpegD839B6E9-123C-418B-8EF6-3118684FC044 (resized).jpeg
    #7024 5 years ago

There...all handmade in Holland!

9A335EC0-9345-4FB5-87BA-9096A8D420B7 (resized).jpeg9A335EC0-9345-4FB5-87BA-9096A8D420B7 (resized).jpeg
    #7025 5 years ago

The guys beat them in nice and tight!

D9C812B4-119F-4D5C-802B-B7D54B92048C (resized).jpegD9C812B4-119F-4D5C-802B-B7D54B92048C (resized).jpeg
    #7026 5 years ago

The guys are bolting in some lights...

0DF8833C-C79F-4227-9C95-4FE250585158 (resized).jpeg0DF8833C-C79F-4227-9C95-4FE250585158 (resized).jpegC0AE4BD0-C11E-43C7-8511-2B5BA5DCD319 (resized).jpegC0AE4BD0-C11E-43C7-8511-2B5BA5DCD319 (resized).jpegCBF91101-4894-46E5-BF4F-98FA43A9D706 (resized).jpegCBF91101-4894-46E5-BF4F-98FA43A9D706 (resized).jpeg
    #7027 5 years ago

And i am doodling a simple show for now...i am still busy syncing the heads with the music!

#7028 5 years ago

Above my blue ruler you see three things happening in one command:
    -right head’s mouth opens halfway
    -right head’s eyes go center position
    -left head(all command without letter ‘r’ are autmatically the left head) opens eyelids

Almost there...

#7029 5 years ago

Ah the mode lights work!

#7031 5 years ago

Guys we are done for tonight....but....

5C8F8ADB-7E59-4341-B41B-C34D57058D7B (resized).jpeg5C8F8ADB-7E59-4341-B41B-C34D57058D7B (resized).jpeg
    #7032 5 years ago

We are gonna leave you with this...a bit unpolished here and there and not done by far,but here it is: our new outro sequence at end of game.
    Music by Herman Brood and his wild romance (white from the album: modern times revived)

#7033 5 years ago

We are gonna leave you with this...a bit unpolished here and there and not done by far,but here it is: our new outro sequence at end of game.
    Music by Herman Brood and his wild romance (white from the album: modern times revived)

LOL too f'n funny

#7034 5 years ago

very cool guys - you all are the back box masters

#7035 5 years ago

Haha mega!!

#7036 5 years ago

super cool!

#7037 5 years ago

Damn Sweet! Better than a Gobstopper!

#7038 5 years ago

No we’ll end up stripping cirqus voltaire if we are drunk,bad idea

Well ... to help you guys out, you can store the CV at my place

#7039 5 years ago

Allright,been polishing the code for the heads all weekend.
    Added facial movement to the left head, eraticated a bunch of horrible off sync motions....and what i like the most myself,at some points when the right head sings the word ”white” and “more” , i move the mouth open and quickly halfopen to simulate Herman Brood’s “2 tone whine” in that word.

We did some thinking this weekend and you know what?
    We really think these mechanical things in a pinball machine are way more attractive and cool than all these modern points of view with tiny lcd’s on the playfield and such.
    We like shooting a physical mansion,a trapdoor in a ramp,an electro magnetic capture by a ufo on the playfield way better than all the digital stuff and molded toys that don’t add anything to the game.
    Pinball is all about: “ where did the ball go now?” And where will it appear again?
    It’s also fun to try and get to another level playfield.
    Pinball is mechanical....that’s what we love about pinball...
    Sure we have a big lcd too...but the mechanics in the crazy mansion are nuts and make us smile everytime.

#7040 5 years ago

That is so freakin cool guys. Love what you did to sync that all together. Another great entertaining build. Think I will watch that vid again. Awesome guys.

#7041 5 years ago

That’s great, but now I have that song stuck in my head again! .

#7042 5 years ago

We did some thinking this weekend and you know what?
    We really think these mechanical things in a pinball machine are way more attractive and cool than all these modern points of view with tiny lcd’s on the playfield and such.
    We like shooting a physical mansion,a trapdoor in a ramp,an electro magnetic capture by a ufo on the playfield way better than all the digital stuff and molded toys that don’t add anything to the game.
    Pinball is all about: “ where did the ball go now?” And where will it appear again?
    It’s also fun to try and get to another level playfield.
    Pinball is mechanical....that’s what we love about pinball...
    Sure we have a big lcd too...but the mechanics in the crazy mansion are nuts and make us smile everytime.

Exactly. Did you guys see this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-innovation-in-the-last-decade ? My answer (in post #30) was right here in the Crazy Mansion build.

@robin, how do we get #CM and/or #crazy mansion populated with this game?

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

#7043 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

LOL too f'n funny

We had a great laugh ourselves

Just the beginning of something way bigger!

Quoted from swinks:

very cool guys - you all are the back box masters

Thanx,the job offer wasn’t taken yet,we gladly applied

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Damn Sweet! Better than a Gobstopper!

That gobstopper is silly, i love the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka though...the Johnny Depp version doesn’t even excist in my mind.
    Gene Wilder and Richard Prior are heroes of mine...if i watch “see no evil hear no evil” today,i still go out of breath laughing

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Well ... to help you guys out, you can store the CV at my place

I bet you will keep it

Quoted from jokerpoker:

That is so freakin cool guys. Love what you did to sync that all together. Another great entertaining build. Think I will watch that vid again. Awesome guys.

I believe in total,it’s 363 lines of code to make the heads sing that song..
    I need to write like 50 more of these sequences

Quoted from Marten:

That’s great, but now I have that song stuck in my head again! .

Ha! What about us poor amigos...we tested it 500 times step by step.
    The song is part of our DNA now

Quoted from rkahr:

Exactly. Did you guys see this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-innovation-in-the-last-decade ? My answer (in post #30) was right here in the Crazy Mansion build.
    robin, how do we get #CM and/or #crazy mansion populated with this game?
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

Yeah,i replied to that,very cool you posted that man...we need mechanics and subways and layers of playfield and talking heads!
    We don’t need no stinking wifi in a pinball machine.
    Dialed In is absolutely a masterpiece but where is the soul man...i’m not feeling it Jersey Jack..i love you man but you are trying too hard.
    Stern lacks soul too,Iron Maiden LE is the first good Stern machine imo,love it!
    It is a fast,no bullshit machine,great mechs and all the flippers are capable of amazing angles and shots...
    But on the other hand,who am i to judge and what do i know.
    Everybody has different taste.
    Maybe i am getting old and grumpy and Bally religious..

#7044 5 years ago

very cool team amigo's and totally agree with you on the game experience and interaction,

and the game I doing is just going to have score displays - mainly because I can't program .....

#7045 5 years ago

Stern lacks soul too,Iron Maiden LE is the first good Stern machine imo,love it!

You're just in love with it because it started life as a HomeBrew.
    We'll see if game#2 lives up to the hype.

#7046 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

very cool team amigo's and totally agree with you on the game experience and interaction,
    and the game I doing is just going to have score displays - mainly because I can't program .....

Dude,mission pinball framework is so easy to work with,trust me,you CAN program. Just throw in a starter kit from Fast pinball and make your own rules.

Quoted from Zitt:

You're just in love with it because it started life as a HomeBrew.
    We'll see if game#2 lives up to the hype.

Yeah,well i hardly knew anything about the Archer project until quite recently..but i guess i felt the homebrew heartbeat in Iron Maiden instantly.
    I know a little more about Archer now...i think Keith is a giant.

#7047 5 years ago

I believe in total,it’s 363 lines of code to make the heads sing that song..
    I need to write like 50 more of these sequences

You can make smaller shows and repeat them.

Something like Intro_show.yaml, Verse_show.yaml, Chorus_show.yaml, Bridge_show.yaml, Exit_show.yaml
    Then have another show like Song.yaml
    That calls the other shows:
    intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, verse, chorus, exit

#7048 5 years ago
    Quoted from MarkInc:

You can make smaller shows and repeat them.
    Something like Intro_show.yaml, Verse_show.yaml, Chorus_show.yaml, Bridge_show.yaml, Exit_show.yaml
    Then have another show like Song.yaml
    That calls the other shows:
    intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, verse, chorus, exit

You are wrong,i am right

#7049 5 years ago

Looking forward to hosting you guys at UKPinfest in August!

#7050 5 years ago
    Quoted from BigPhil:

Looking forward to hosting you guys at UKPinfest in August!

Yeah about that Phil,could we get some funding from your organisation?
    Turns out the boat trip with our mobile home to England is crazy expensive?
    Stena line ferry are total thiefs?!

There are 12,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-crazy-mansion-by-the-pinball-amigos/page/141?hl=legacy69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.