EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 40.
#901 2 years ago

Rumor is there will be a teaser or announcement today at some point from Stern.

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

you guys hype all this crap. look at mando les plenty for sale and will always be 1000 les is not limited

Where can you get a Mando LE for MSRP?

#903 2 years ago

Announcement is tomorrow! (keep cool)

a03 (resized).jpga03 (resized).jpg

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Distributors are seeing the game today, Stern Army tomorrow so I wouldn't doubt there will be images today just like there was with Mando.

#905 2 years ago

Just saw on another thread that the announcement will be pushed back a week. So a reveal next Tuesday.

#906 2 years ago

Looks like we are waiting another week...

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Rumor is there will be a teaser or announcement today at some point from Stern.

Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Quoted from CashMoney:

Just saw on another thread that the announcement will be pushed back a week. So a reveal next Tuesday.

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Where can you get a Mando LE for MSRP?

pinside- mando les all les unobtanium. fact msrp probably sooner than later

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

[quoted image]

Sorry but wrong. It's not being announced until the 14th.

#910 2 years ago

Unfortunately I am changing my guess from Godzilla to Rampage (the video game where the people turn into giant monsters that was also re-released as part of Arcade1Up) as their next machine. Will wait and see and still hoping it is Godzilla. If Rampage want to see game play first.

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Unfortunately I am changing my guess from Godzilla to Rampage (the video game where the people turn into giant monsters that was also re-released as part of Arcade1Up) as their next machine. Will wait and see and still hoping it is Godzilla. If Rampage want to see game play first.

It’s Godzilla. Don’t worry. It’s definitely not Rampage. Would be a horrible seller.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

OH NO, THERE GOES THE PINBALL SHOW, THERE'S NO GODZILLA

EcfvfoUUr4Gj5atiJMVJ9a (resized).jpgEcfvfoUUr4Gj5atiJMVJ9a (resized).jpg
#914 2 years ago

Teaser is out.

#915 2 years ago

You beat me to it. Lol

#916 2 years ago

Was hoping for current gen Godzilla but I'm sure it'll still be cool.

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

that aged well

#918 2 years ago

Can't wait for the wave of craziness! Lol Bashing it, hyping it, selling out of all LEs, watching the first stream, people get second thoughts, bashing it, selling off LEs, second stream, it looks better, hyping it, everyone gets it, bashing it, then finally levels out and it's a decent game probably top 10 game, ha.

#919 2 years ago

Hope so, secured an le

#920 2 years ago

So hyped, heard this was the MB animation

96B99007-54F8-48EF-9D7A-27417633F332 (resized).jpeg96B99007-54F8-48EF-9D7A-27417633F332 (resized).jpeg
#921 2 years ago

YESSSSSSSS! Classic TOHO Godzilla! F’n awesome. SO AMPED! Been waiting a loooong time and deposit is paid baybeeee

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

YESSSSSSSS! Classic TOHO Godzilla! F’n awesome. SO AMPED! Been waiting a loooong time and deposit is paid baybeeee

Happy for you that you got your dream theme man!
Hoping mine is one of the next few releases.

#923 2 years ago

They are doing a re theme , going to use the left over Beatles playfields though . bwahahahaa psych

#924 2 years ago

The comments from non-pinhead Godzilla fanboys are pretty funny.

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Funny, so was I, so that I wouldn't be bummed I was going to miss out on this.

#927 2 years ago

Old school Godzilla - kick ass.

#928 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Old school Godzilla - kick ass.

Now cabinet art speculation?? Photo realistic? Cartoony, or like GB? Combo of both?

#929 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Yeah I'm the same. I'm not sure if it's a demographic thing about so many people jumping up and down about old school Toho Godzilla. But just because it was the Godzilla I watched as a kid, doesn't make me want it more than the modern Godzilla.

#930 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Funny, so was I, so that I wouldn't be bummed I was going to miss out on this.

You won't miss out. You just might not get one ASAP. They will make the game for a few years, at least.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Yeah I'm the same. I'm not sure if it's a demographic thing about so many people jumping up and down about old school Toho Godzilla. But just because it was the Godzilla I watched as a kid, doesn't make me want it more than the modern Godzilla.

I grew up in the 70’s watching TOHO Godzilla so yeah I am really happy with this announcement. But as an all around Dan of Godzilla, a pin based on the new movies would be cool.

But those are not as well liked and the old TOHO movies have a much larger appeal and fan base. That was the best way for Stern to go on this one. And probably the only way TOHO would agree to. Just speculation and my opinion.

#932 2 years ago

Any sense on how limited of a run we should expect Godzilla LE and Godzilla Premium to be?

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Any sense on how limited of a run we should expect Godzilla LE and Godzilla Premium to be?

Speculation 1000 for LE. Premium no clue. But I would not worry. Especially if the premium turns out like JP. Should have no issue getting one over the next couple of years.

#934 2 years ago

They poached the license away from Charlie Emery, OF COURSE it's going to be the TOHO originals.

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Stern posted this picture 2 months ago, so I would bet 800 LEs.

239F2DC7-C366-4B73-AC25-A5569A9244CB (resized).jpeg239F2DC7-C366-4B73-AC25-A5569A9244CB (resized).jpeg
#936 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

They poached the license away from Charlie Emery, OF COURSE it's going to be the TOHO originals.

Makes sense, Charlie would want the old school theme just like Ultraman is.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Speculation 1000 for LE. Premium no clue. But I would not worry. Especially if the premium turns out like JP. Should have no issue getting one over the next couple of years.

Good to know (or at least to hope), thx! Yeah, I found myself preferring the Star Trek Pro over the Premium/LE, and I like the Stranger Things Premium more than the LE, so I'm hoping (for my wallet's and for availability's sake) that I'll gravitate towards the Premium over the LE, at least. Here's to hoping that there will be a detailed features matrix when they announce on the 14th!

#938 2 years ago

Bill and Ted’s Excellent Pinball Adventure

#939 2 years ago

Now cabinet art speculation?? Photo realistic? Cartoony, or like GB? Combo of both?

it’s zombie yeti so like ghostbusters is a good guess.

#940 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Good to know (or at least to hope), thx! Yeah, I found myself preferring the Star Trek Pro over the Premium/LE, and I like the Stranger Things Premium more than the LE, so I'm hoping (for my wallet's and for availability's sake) that I'll gravitate towards the Premium over the LE, at least. Here's to hoping that there will be a detailed features matrix when they announce on the 14th!

So far no LE has interested me. Some I prefer pro, and others the premium. JP3 premium over pro, and AIQ pro over premium. Hopefully I hate the LE. I don’t want to have to pay the additional distributor up charge on it like they were doing on Mando LE’s

#941 2 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

it’s zombie yeti so like ghostbusters is a good guess.

That’s what I am thinking

#942 2 years ago

So far no LE has interested me. Some I prefer pro, and others the premium. JP3 premium over pro, and AIQ pro over premium. Hopefully I hate the LE. I don’t want to have to pay the additional distributor up charge on it like they were doing on Mando LE’s

Now that it’s been confirmed consider flipping your title to GZ hype thread.
Makes sense and less threads the better.
Following - Party on.

#943 2 years ago

My guess is that it will be in the spirit of the original Japanese movie art, such as this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destroy_All_Monsters

#944 2 years ago

I grew up in the 70’s watching TOHO Godzilla so yeah I am really happy with this announcement. But as an all around Dan of Godzilla, a pin based on the new movies would be cool.
But those are not as well liked and the old TOHO movies have a much larger appeal and fan base. That was the best way for Stern to go on this one. And probably the only way TOHO would agree to. Just speculation and my opinion.

Given how bad the last few Godzilla movies have been, I doubt TOHO would push that angle. The last movie was so bad, it made me reach for the 1998 version.

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You won't miss out. You just might not get one ASAP. They will make the game for a few years, at least.

LE's? They're going to make LE's for years? WOOHOO!

*edit* Because you know I'm not paying some knob-slobbing asshat 16K for one.

#946 2 years ago

You guys know Zombie Yeti posted a pic of some Godzilla artwork to his FB quite some time ago. I’d venture to guess it’s going to be along these lines...

B4174B7D-7C01-4171-AD5B-F6CD95973730 (resized).jpegB4174B7D-7C01-4171-AD5B-F6CD95973730 (resized).jpeg
#947 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Given how bad the last few Godzilla movies have been, I doubt TOHO would push that angle. The last movie was so bad, it made me reach for the 1998 version.

Come on it was not that bad. That was a joke I hope. No Godzilla movie is that bad, well Godzilla Raids Again is bad. But not bad enough to turn to Zilla.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now that it’s been confirmed consider flipping your title to GZ hype thread.
Makes sense and less threads the better.
Following - Party on.

Will do

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Ugh the old school in so much better. I can't wait to see this game and I would almost be hard pass if it was new Godzilla. I only say "almost" because it is an Elwin game.

#950 2 years ago

Stern will do this title justice plus they have one of the best players and designers in the business working the game. I cannot wait to see the reveal next week!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/19?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.