EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 3 years ago

One thing that was said in the video is that we don't know when it will come out, we don't know if it will be in the Spring, in the Summer or in the Fall... Is it a reasonable assumption that this would conceivably go from whispers to announcement and release within the same calendar year? Or was he speaking figuratively? (I'm not very familiar with pre-/production timelines for pins...)

(Just trying to get a sense of how much time I have to start saving... Last one took me two years. )

1 week later
#177 3 years ago

These are all amazing ideas...

...soooooo we're probably saying "not likely for 2021," yeah?

(And Tempest thank you for not making me feel like a loner for loving the Heisei era films.)

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm:

Come on Stern, get on this NOW!!!

HUZZAH!!!

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I hope they don’t do green either for the powder coat. He was actually charcoal grey or black from the 60’s through the 90’s.

I couldn't agree more. It drives me nuts every time I see Godzilla pictured as green. (You can imagine my delight with Godzilla 2000. Thanks a lot, Hanna Barbera!)

#228 3 years ago

I went back to the original TWIP posts, though; it looks like the license was with Toho... Wouldn't that make any Stern effort more likely to be the Japanese eras, rather than the American trilogy?

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Watched the original Godzilla vs. King Kong yesterday.
Holy shit! That octopus effect was F'ing awesome.
The Kong suit blows ass.

IMHO that octopus effect was one of the ONLY good things to come out of that particular movie, in either the Japanese or American version.

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

King Kong does have electrical producing capabilities and can shoot from his hands.
EDIT: This was TOHO version

Didn't he grab a power line, or get zapped by lightning or something? Can't recall...

(Ugh, back to the bluray to check... )

1 week later
#298 3 years ago

Probably no chance of Gamera and Godzilla on the same pin, yeah? Different licenses, I think?

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

all LE’s are sold out already as usual

Wait, which game is this referring to?

#351 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Thinking a March release for the next Stern??

I think the original post was hoping for a March announcement, not release.

#357 3 years ago

I've heard rumors about harry Potter possibly being one to come first, but I think that was just from discussions I read in the "next Stern pin" thread...

1 week later
#403 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You think they would bust out some Blue Oyster Cult for some tunes for GZ?

I'm kind of hoping for the version from the KOTM soundtrack with Serj Tankian, kakegoe and those Taiko drums...

1 month later
#515 3 years ago

No love around here for 90's (heisei) era godzilla as a possible theme?

4 months later
#828 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Would love to have Gigan figure on game.

Showa or Final Wars?

1 month later
#932 2 years ago

Any sense on how limited of a run we should expect Godzilla LE and Godzilla Premium to be?

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Speculation 1000 for LE. Premium no clue. But I would not worry. Especially if the premium turns out like JP. Should have no issue getting one over the next couple of years.

Good to know (or at least to hope), thx! Yeah, I found myself preferring the Star Trek Pro over the Premium/LE, and I like the Stranger Things Premium more than the LE, so I'm hoping (for my wallet's and for availability's sake) that I'll gravitate towards the Premium over the LE, at least. Here's to hoping that there will be a detailed features matrix when they announce on the 14th!

#1136 2 years ago

Looks amazing, I'm definitely leaning Premium over Pro, still have to check out the features matrix to evaluate LE

only complaint: Godzilla is not green!! He's gray!

#1273 2 years ago
Quoted from PilotPinball:

I'm not kidding Zombie. My home in Japan literally has Godzilla artwork in the bathroom. This pin looks as if Godzilla was part of the Marvel universe.

To be fair... Helps explain the green!
Screenshot_20210914-112649_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210914-112649_eBay (resized).jpg

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Are you willing to pay “Banning Prices”

butler-featured (resized).jpgbutler-featured (resized).jpg

#1512 2 years ago

With the price increases coming in machines shipping after January, is there any expectation that Premiums could possibly even be shipped before that increase hits? (they're after initial pros and LEs, yes?)

#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure where you got January from, but the pricing has already been announced for this game and it’s higher today.

DAAAH, my apologies... Perhaps I misunderstood... I saw this quote from earlier:

Quoted from DudeRegular:

The most interesting thing was this:
"We have been saying for months that we could not hold prices indefinitely. We must raise Godzilla wholesale price $600 for Pro’s and $500 for Premium/LE. Because all the other LCD commercial games manufactured after we start Godzilla will contain the Insider Connected components, we must raise the wholesale price $200 for these games; that’s about the wholesale price of Insider Connected retrofit kits. (We will soon announce a 6 months discount price for the kits.) All commercial LCD games shipped after January 1, 2022 will increase to the Godzilla wholesale price. USA MDF and export discount will be $200 for all games; we are discontinuing the extra $75 export pro game discount. Similarly, after we start Godzilla, all The Pin games shipped will have a $300 wholesale price increase."

I think I took this to mean all distribs would incur yet another price hike on machines that don't ship before January, which I followed would likely pass on to the customer. Do the current listed MSRPs (~$8999 for Premium) already reflect the forthcoming Jan 2022 price increases mentioned in the Gary Stern quote above? Or am I completely off?

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I heard on The Pinball Show that all distributors no longer take deposits on LEs and that it's pay in advance now, that just makes it even more absurd.

To clarify, I think The Pinball Show was actually saying that STERN is no longer taking $2K deposits from *distributors*, and they instead need full payment up front from the distributors. Whether distributors themselves require deposit vs. full payment from their *customers* is at their discretion.

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Did someone already post this and I missed it? Reflective foil cabinet decals for the LE: https://fb.watch/831xlYaGZw/

*wistful siiigh* yeah, looks great... Haven't secured an LE; I've resigned myself to trying to find contentment with (hopefully) a Premium. Good for those with LEs! I hope they post pics when they get them!

#1792 2 years ago

By the way, not for nothing, but I've heard two podcasters in the past 48 hours refer to the Mothra egg shooter rod as a "Godzilla egg". *SIIIGH*

godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpggodzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Did they ever explain why King Kong suddenly got so big in that movie?

Yes. Poor writing.

Same reason why Godzilla went from being noble protector to moustache-twirling mindless villain. (The moustache was in the deleted scenes. It was removed by the same company that did Henry Cavill's in Justice League.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyqtrek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.