EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 40.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sooo, its market driven. Again, why should distros sell at msrp, only to have flippers make that $$$. You know, cause the market will pay it.

For the same reason Walmart has to sell the cool hot toy at MSRP even though some asshole is gonna buy extras and put them on ebay. Because retailers need to stick to the proper pricing model.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

For the same reason Walmart has to sell the cool hot toy at MSRP even though some asshole is gonna buy extras and put them on ebay. Because retailers need to stick to the proper pricing model.

Well i deleted my post cause I figured it was over.

Walmart doesnt HAVE to do anything. Many times they sell below MSRP. Consumers arent bitching when retailers dont stick to "the proper pricing model" and they save a buck. Come on man. You said it yourself, its market driven. Win some, lose some how bad do you want it?

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

This was all about Godzilla, which I still believe is a horrible idea and theme, but go ahead and waste your $ ... booooooring

Just because you think it’s boring doesn’t mean others will. Personally I wouldn’t be interested in a Toho Godzilla, but I recognize the HUGE appeal of this title. Done right, a Godzilla from Stern would sell massively.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

become a distro and buy at MSRP

Not a single middleman distro of anything on this planet pays MSRP. MSRP is price for customers. Distributors pay less than that....sometimes substantially less (though I don't believe it's a ton less in the case of pinball. Distro margins are......not great on pinball, to the best of my understanding.).

Quoted from Roostking:

Well i deleted my post cause I figured it was over.
Walmart doesnt HAVE to do anything. Many times they sell below MSRP. Consumers arent bitching when retailers dont stick to "the proper pricing model" and they save a buck. Come on man. You said it yourself, its market driven. Win some, lose some how bad do you want it?

I really have to agree here, and we don't agree on much apparently. If the market is going to pay it anyways, I'd rather it go to the distros than flipper scumbags to fund their next game.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I really have to agree here, and we don't agree on much apparently. If the market is going to pay it anyways, I'd rather it go to the distros than flipper scumbags to fund their next game.

I agree with this as well. Not really that I think they are scumbags per se, but annoying. Adding another layer of parasites sucks for prices.

#806 2 years ago

Moving back to Godzilla talk, I am wondering what the mech or gimmick will be for Godzilla. As much as I love to see Godzilla heads on the playing field I wonder what other things might possibly be there. I guess we will know in a few months

#807 2 years ago

I hope it's not something like the JP dino....but it's really hard to predict what goes through Stern's collective mind at this point, if you ask me. I really don't know what they could do at this point that would impress me. It's really hard to picture them doing something crazy enough. The theme will sell games regardless.

#808 2 years ago

Keith just did the T-Rex head on JP. It’ll be something different. The one thing that has been said for some time about this upcoming game is that the main toy is something really cool and new.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Keith just did the T-Rex head on JP. It’ll be something different. The one thing that has been said for some time about this upcoming game is that the main toy is something really cool and new.

Yeah well we've heard all that before, and it gets dumped before release, or changed frequently. Remember all the rumors about a "holographic" projector for the glass on Star Trek, and then it was just a laser pointer with a kaleidoscope filter?

I was really holding out hope for an Infinity Gauntlet game where the balls would lock in the gauntlet. I'm kind of grateful in a way they didn't do it, because I have an interesting idea for it that I'd love to get to at some point. But yeah......hybridizing the spinner from TOTAN and putting it on a CV mech... meh. The big toy of Infinity Gauntlet was not the big bad, or even the crux around which the entire story revolves. That's a fail to me, theme-wise.

I hope for the buyers that it's cool as hell, whatever it is. I'll look forward to playing it regardless of what they stick on there because it's Godzilla, but it would take an AWFUL lot for me to ditch Ultraman at this point to get a GZ....and even then I expect that the LEs will be locked down before I'd want to make that decision (as they were with Star Trek), and the prices will be bonkers.

#810 2 years ago

Would love to see a Ghidora bash toy.

#811 2 years ago

I am hoping you play AS Godzilla and there may be some shaking crumbling building effect similar to MM. Would activate when you destroy the monster on screen. Shaker motor is gonna be a must have on GZ, that’s for sure!

Quoted from gambit3113:

#812 2 years ago

I just want Gigan in there.

#813 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I expect that the LEs will be locked down before I'd want to make that decision (as they were with Star Trek), and the prices will be bonkers.

I guarantee that the LE's are already all spoken for (the ones a MSRP that is)

#814 2 years ago

I was thinking about selling my 13 movie Toho Godzilla DVD set collection, so I thought I would post this here in case any of my fellow Godzilla fans were interested to satisfy the urge for a little while till the pin hits. It's complete and the discs are in mint condition, like they were never watched. I know prices can get pretty crazy on this set, but I was thinking $85 shipped on the set. This is the set I am talking about...

https://www.amazon.com/ToHo-Godzilla-Collection-Volumes/dp/B01JZKXCO6/ref=sr_1_3

If anybody is interested, just shoot me a PM. Thanks.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I was thinking about selling my 13 movie Toho Godzilla DVD set collection, so I thought I would post this here in case any of my fellow Godzilla fans were interested to satisfy the urge for a little while till the pin hits. It's complete and the discs are in mint condition, like they were never watched. I know prices can get pretty crazy on this set, but I was thinking $85 shipped on the set. This is the set I am talking about...
amazon.com link »
If anybody is interested, just shoot me a PM. Thanks.

I'm not sure that the best price reference to use is a seller asking 45 bucks for Crocodile Dundee 1+2 on Blu Ray is a good yardstick....

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah well we've heard all that before, and it gets dumped before release, or changed frequently. Remember all the rumors about a "holographic" projector for the glass on Star Trek, and then it was just a laser pointer with a kaleidoscope filter?
I was really holding out hope for an Infinity Gauntlet game where the balls would lock in the gauntlet. I'm kind of grateful in a way they didn't do it, because I have an interesting idea for it that I'd love to get to at some point. But yeah......hybridizing the spinner from TOTAN and putting it on a CV mech... meh. The big toy of Infinity Gauntlet was not the big bad, or even the crux around which the entire story revolves. That's a fail to me, theme-wise.
I hope for the buyers that it's cool as hell, whatever it is. I'll look forward to playing it regardless of what they stick on there because it's Godzilla, but it would take an AWFUL lot for me to ditch Ultraman at this point to get a GZ....and even then I expect that the LEs will be locked down before I'd want to make that decision (as they were with Star Trek), and the prices will be bonkers.

And don't forget the fail that was Transformers. I was so psyched when George promised a transforming toy on the playfield of the LE.

#817 2 years ago

And don't forget the fail that was Transformers. I was so psyched when George promised a transforming toy on the playfield of the LE.

Honestly I don't even REMEMBER that it's been so long ago. I do remember being one of the few people that at least sorta-liked the wiggle playfield...that was a neat mechanic but I can see why they never did it again. It's very difficult to hit the right cadence on that thing to really benefit from it, and the pro does flow better. For me code was the worst part of TF, but I still liked it a lot for league play.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

For me code was the worst part of TF

Good 'ol linear Lonnie.

#819 2 years ago

Good 'ol linear Lonnie.

Peak Ropp.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Only until you want to sell your house at market value, then supply and demand matters, eh?

You must be his distributor

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

You must be his distributor

I wish! Im no sucker and I dont leave money on the table, if the next guy behind is willing to take it.

I will be your realtor though, and we wont sell your house below market value, thats for dang sure.

#822 2 years ago

Would love to have Gigan figure on game.

#823 2 years ago

Ghidorah, for the Topper

#824 2 years ago

I dont care for toppers but it would be amazing if it had Godzilla in an attack pose face right. Sit it next to an Ultraman CE and have the toppers do battle.

1 week later
#825 2 years ago

Literally the game I've been waiting for.

#826 2 years ago

MOTHRA PREMIUM EDITION!

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from MachoPinball:

MOTHRA PREMIUM EDITION!

Destroy All Monsters Limited Edition!

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

Would love to have Gigan figure on game.

Showa or Final Wars?

1 week later
#829 2 years ago

Showa or Final Wars?</blockquote

I liked the Showa era, but Godzilla looks badass in the Heisei era!

#830 2 years ago

So when will the announcement be you think?

C27F96F5-CF85-4204-A75B-E8A6556FB76A (resized).pngC27F96F5-CF85-4204-A75B-E8A6556FB76A (resized).png
#831 2 years ago

Anxiously awaiting to see layout!

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Anxiously awaiting to see layout!

I know. Wonder if will be similar to JP and IMdn

#833 2 years ago

I wonder how many I'll have to sell to buy 1

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No doubt!

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you don't want to sell pins you can always sell a few body parts!

#836 2 years ago

Been trying to sell blood, no takers

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Been trying to sell blood, no takers

Try plasma. More money in it.

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Especially now that premiums are a grand more now.

#839 2 years ago

Why are the sterns always broken down needing repairs on site ? And that’s within a day or two of a brand spanker machine being sited ? And now stern want more money ??

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Why are the sterns always broken down needing repairs on site ? And that’s within a day or two of a brand spanker machine being sited ? And now stern want more money ??

I know. Prices going up but QC and quality will not. Another grand extra in sterns pockets. They held up production so they can charge more for already made pins like JP GOTG and IMDn. Pure cash grab. No way QR reader and wife comes anywhere near a grand. Godzilla will be my last NIB because it’s a dream theme for me.

#841 2 years ago

And now stern want more money ??

When is the big price increase coming through? Have the amounts of the increase been identified?

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When is the big price increase coming through? Have the amounts of the increase been identified?

Already has. Guardians pro new price and JP premium
E1C04545-1B1F-46FA-974D-8F0B5858D811 (resized).jpegE1C04545-1B1F-46FA-974D-8F0B5858D811 (resized).jpeg

618DC1E3-F7EA-4D0C-8996-99B0A5628A0A (resized).png618DC1E3-F7EA-4D0C-8996-99B0A5628A0A (resized).png
#843 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I know. Prices going up but QC and quality will not. Another grand extra in sterns pockets. They held up production so they can charge more for already made pins like JP GOTG and IMDn. Pure cash grab. No way QR reader and wife comes anywhere near a grand. Godzilla will be my last NIB because it’s a dream theme for me.

Pretty sure $1000 for a wife is an excellent deal depending on the wife.....

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Already has. Guardians pro new price and JP premium

Woof!!! That’s a pretty serious price hike. That’ll bolster the used market significantly.

#845 2 years ago

As an operator I can say that Sterns are the most reliable pins on the market. If you keep seeing them broken then that’s your local operators fault and not Stern.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Woof!!! That’s a pretty serious price hike. That’ll bolster the used market significantly.

Just wait till we see what the LE increase is going to be!

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Just wait till we see what the LE increase is going to be!

Sucks. Well, I understand that's how it is, but I just can't justify the purchase any longer if it goes up this much.

#848 2 years ago

Stern Insider Podcast - Gomez confirmed September Game is an Elwin! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Sucks. Well, I understand that's how it is, but I just can't justify the purchase any longer if it goes up this much.

The only thing I can think of is grab plastic set, ramps if plastic and even a playfield while game is in production. Then sit on them until a operator sells a well used one.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from Hypercoaster:

Stern Insider Podcast - Gomez confirmed September Game is an Elwin! IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

When will the announcement be then? Soon I hope

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

There are 1,965 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.