EA7EA67D-8658-4B5B-BA5A-57B3F434A142 (resized).jpeg
heat ray (resized).JPG
IN OUT (resized).jpg
752C0C72-4489-46FD-B3E0-24264D13C526 (resized).jpeg
F9811986-9060-4EEF-98DF-FEBC4FB22504 (resized).jpeg
godzilla_mothra_1 (resized).jpg
3FC48FC8-E596-4B0F-8267-9B10935BD917 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 3 years ago

Borg is dropping not so subtle hints

C504AD79-B150-437C-9688-8335A8E84D84 (resized).pngC504AD79-B150-437C-9688-8335A8E84D84 (resized).png

#288 3 years ago

Ghidorah Easter egg in Borgs TMNT too. So pumped for Toho Godzilla!

8B3C3718-C0A2-479F-93FA-0618485EBAD7 (resized).jpeg8B3C3718-C0A2-479F-93FA-0618485EBAD7 (resized).jpeg
#289 3 years ago

Borg is dropping hints

#305 3 years ago

I would rather have original film footage from Showa & Heisei eras. But if the design & animations are done well ( NOT sterns strong suit ) it could be cool.

Quoted from Neal_W:

How about fighting game style animations? Maybe various lit shots use primary and secondary attacks.

2 weeks later
#370 3 years ago

agreed. Powder coat rails are corny and distracting.

Quoted from LordHumungus:

Back on topic. Black. Simple, classic. No spec or shiny finish for me.
Atomic blast blue? no thanks but yeah green is the worst.

#397 3 years ago

Now if that doesn’t happen I’m gonna be upset haha.

Quoted from dgposter:

My bet is on Godzilla's tail being used as a flipper!

#400 3 years ago

It’s not unlikely as ZY was working on TMNT and AIQ around the same time.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, it's been confirmed that ZY is doing the art for Elwin's 4th game. So unless he's doing art for both Borg and Elwin again your tea leaves may be a bit off.

#409 3 years ago

Godzilla is next. Japanese text says pinball. There is a noticeable “G” and I can see scales and teeth.

0986FB40-5120-43A0-9866-1F2964A76EB6 (resized).png0986FB40-5120-43A0-9866-1F2964A76EB6 (resized).png9F8A02B8-30EA-458F-BC3B-218699594936 (resized).png9F8A02B8-30EA-458F-BC3B-218699594936 (resized).pngA4BC7004-EAFC-4AFE-9A38-E02A54A668C7 (resized).pngA4BC7004-EAFC-4AFE-9A38-E02A54A668C7 (resized).png
#412 3 years ago

Perhaps, looks like it could be part a traditional Pattern although I don’t see it echoed anywhere else in the design. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

Quoted from finnflash:

That is not a "G", looks like just a design.

#414 3 years ago

Wowwwww Stern is trolling HAAARD with this one.

Quoted from jdoz2:

Photo credit to someone in the “next stern” thread
[quoted image]

#435 3 years ago

Heard Stern may wait till April to announce so they can catch up on backorders. I bet they announce BTTF...on April 1st

Then Godzilla for real mid April haha

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Hopefully we get an announcement this month.

#438 3 years ago

AIQ kinda stinks, save yo’ monies for the next Elwin

Quoted from Ceckitti:

I am in the process of getting a couple games ready to sell. Was going to use the money to buy an Avengers pro. But.... now if Godzilla is the next title, and the artwork is done right.... I might have some thinking to do.
(personal preference....use the current day Godzilla and absolutely add Kong)

#440 3 years ago

Yeah? AIQ can’t compete with IMDN and JP IMO, but...I’m also not a Superhero / Marvel fan. Really hoping it’s not Eddy on on Godzilla. STH was a massive let down for me, was very excited about the theme and he dropped the ball hard. I’d be more than happy with a Borg design but massively stoked for an Elwin.

Quoted from CashMoney:

AIQ is the best game I own hands down. It’s a players pin for sure. I don’t think I’ll ever give it up. Each code update just keeps on making it better.
Still looking forward to Godzilla. Should be Eddy or Borg up next.

#443 3 years ago

I played it at release and on current code. It’s definitely far better now but it just doesn’t nail what’s great about the show to me and I bore easily of two flipper fan layouts games. They’re just not fun to shoot for me anymore.

Quoted from finnflash:

I'm curious if you played STh early on or a badly set up premium? Because that game is fantastic!

#445 3 years ago

I’ve got faith in Borg for Godzilla. Love TMNT TWD TFTC MET TRON AVATAR. He’s prob my second favorite designer after Elwin actually.

Quoted from CashMoney:

Agreed, I also didn’t get the “feels” with STh... i have a feeling Borg will be doing Godzilla unfortunately... Elwin would be amazing but I think he’s been working on something else.
I’m not even a big superhero fan, just love the code, rule set, and shot layout of all Elwin games! Everything tho guy makes turns to gold.

#448 3 years ago

Totally, shaking buildings like the castle on MM...maybe a moving Godzilla head in between them a la JP Prem. Would be so siiiick

Quoted from Hypercoaster:

I'm generally not on the Borg fan-wagon, but for Godzilla I am happy with it. I honestly just think a Godzilla game needs some sort of bash toy. Buildings, monsters, whatever, we need some bashing. Borg allows for a bash toy on Godzilla.

#452 3 years ago

I’m in for Premium / LE on Godzilla anyway...also...there are almost TWO sterns....the IMDN EHOH JP DP Stern and the STH LZ BK SW Stern. We’ve got about a 50% chance of getting a SICK Godzilla. Crossing my fingers.

Quoted from HomerEBW:

As much as that would be cool, we must remember this is Stern. We'll be lucky if we get a spinner on the Pro model.

#455 3 years ago

They are all good games but LZ STH BKSOR and SW pros are all pretty barren.

That's means 100% for me as I like all those games..

#458 3 years ago

From the ’next Stern thread’

“I contacted a dealer I know to see if he had any leads on a Medieval Madness and he asked me if I wanted a Godzilla said he would have them in May....”

#466 3 years ago

Unless you are going to buy an LE I’d wait to buy NIB till the code is matured and the necessary fixes are made at the factory. I know it sucks to wait but getting a game with fully fleshed out code > Putting tons of plays on a game where there is no wizard mode programmed yet. Just my opinion.

So if Q3/4 for Godzilla, when can we expect an announcement for it? New to pinball and really new to NIB Stern so not familiar with their rollout schedule.

#469 3 years ago

I like to get a complete game, put an unbreakable GC on it and then sell it and never think about it again haha.

Quoted from finnflash:

I'm the opposite, I like to have a game early and watch how it changes. But that's just me.

#472 3 years ago

Lyman won’t be doing code / rules for Elwin as he does rules for his own games.

Quoted from Methos:

I hope it isn't Elwin. I admire his games, but I prefer a simpler layout with Lyman code.

#481 3 years ago

I’m in for one Baby Godzilla super LE.

#489 3 years ago

My bet is on a GB Vault. I’d be very pumped on that.

Quoted from John_I:

I severely doubt POTC would be considered. Stern was not allowed to use any of the voices or even the lines from the movies. That would not translate to LCD and stereo very well. If this happens, my bet is on LoTR, Tron or even Ghostbusters.

#508 3 years ago

Even if Stern does the absolutely bat shit ass wrong f’n thing and base the Godzilla pin off of the new film we will likely get a code hacker hero to make it right like on JP and TMNT. I hope they keep it classic though, seems idiotic not to.

Man do I want that on a pinball LCD display. I really hope they don't go modern style. It will still be a better than most coming out these days but the old school "man in a gorilla/Godzilla suit would be so great.

#516 3 years ago

Heisei era is rad, I’ve made a bunch of posts about it in this thread. My hope is that the game spans showa through Heisei
Era and leaves out the most recent US Godzilla abominations haha

Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

No love around here for 90's (heisei) era godzilla as a possible theme?

#536 3 years ago

It’s my guess that they don’t actually fight eachother and that they team up to fight Mechagodzilla.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

WEDNESDAY!!! I can't decide who I'm rooting for yet.

#544 3 years ago

Yeah, it stunk. But I expected that. Hopefully Stern keeps it Classic Toho Godzilla

Quoted from skink91:

Just watched Kong vs. Godzilla... am really praying it is anything, even My Pretty Pony, instead now.

#556 3 years ago

It doesn’t have to translate to pinball. The Godzilla pin is not based off of the new film.

Quoted from pinball2020:

I think that was it for everyone. Expectations were high. Yep the movie is enjoyable and you need to go into it not expecting much.
I am thinking that it is homage-y to the earlier films with the anti grav things and to cover plot points? Yeah some of it was cringeworthy or nonsensical. I just went along with it. It is a Godzilla movie. I would have welcomed the underlying villains to be aliens or evil mutants - it would all make the same amount of sense .
In fairness - my expectations for the sea battle were surpassed - forgetting physics and common sense. It was overall an entertaining movie and from a lot of the scenes and digital locations- very lush.
Not sure how this will all translate to pinball. I am not going to add spoilers (yet) for how stuff might look to tie in between pinball and the movie. Will just have to wait and see.

#562 3 years ago

Does your son have $7000?

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I hope that is incorrect. My son is all about the new movies.

#564 3 years ago

TMNT is surprisingly great, can’t believe it’s not in the top 10. It’s gorgeous, killer light show, shoots laser fast, deep, challenging and FUN. Borg and Dwight killed it and the 1987 cartoon fan code is sweeeet. Great game, more pinheads should give it a shot.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m hoping he feels that way. My son has really gotten into pinball with TMNT, I was hoping the G Man would keep up the momentum for me on that front once TMNT loses its luster a bit.
For me...Godzilla is Godzilla. You couldn’t be more right.

#569 3 years ago

Everyone knew this movie was gonna stink. The pin is not based on the movie.

Quoted from Neal_W:

UGH. Kid pours liquid on terminal to kill Mechagodzilla.. The End.
I guess they needed the kids to have some function in the movie?? Avengers Infinity War it ain't.

2 weeks later
#614 3 years ago

Elwin is on Godzilla but it won’t be the next stern release. I think Back to the Future or Mortal Kombat may be next

I don't think so. He just AIQ, Ritchie did Zep so probably.............Ah shit. The guy who did Elvira.

#624 2 years ago

Stranger Things can be quiet. It should have been a good game...but...it’s medicore at best. It’s a shame too ‘cause I love the show but I cannot bring myself to appreciate this game.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stranger Things would like a word
[quoted image][quoted image]

#626 2 years ago

The cool factor is there on the premium but for what it is an how much it costs with the added uv kit I just can’t justify it, the value isn’t there for me. I’ve played the game alot and it’s kinda fun but it just doesn’t grip me like some other games. Plus I’m not a fan of the simple fan layouts.

Quoted from Neal_W:

Takes a lot of plays to warm up to it, but I can't quit it.

#642 2 years ago

Yeah, it’s better but is still one of the lesser Stern imo. Brian Eddy is boring, that shot layout couldn’t be any less inspired. He basically reskined AFM. Plus...Stern selling the UV kit separately has to be one of the rudest business decisions I’ve seen in pinball. It’s really the only thing that makes the game look interesting or seem innovative. That being said I’ll prob buy one for my location when it reopens, it’ll earn well and I won’t be tempted to play it haha

Have you played it since the latest code updates? My family and I really love it.

1 week later
#650 2 years ago

Jeez, take it personal much snowflake? I’m entitled to my opinions. Wtf does “woke” have to do with my opinion on the Strangers Things layout anyway?

Quoted from Roostking:

You, in a nutshell. Its "Rude" Stern made a business decision you dont like. Get over your overly inflated woke self-importance dude. Nobody needs your approval and boomers drive pin sales, deal with it.

#653 2 years ago

You’re the dumbest. When did I ever “virtue signal”?

Quoted from Roostking:

You tell me, you seem to push your wokeness and virtual signalling when you can. Its old, no one cares outside of your echochamber of self hating.

1 week later
#675 2 years ago

Exxxxactly

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I wouldnt want a Godzilla on the playfield at all. I am Godzilla and im battling other kiiju

3 weeks later
#721 2 years ago

Every Elwin shoots like a dream in my book, nothing clunky about em if you’ve got the shots down. IMDN being the best IMO, my JP is a friggin flow monster which is surprising for the layout. AIQ too, but my least fav just based on theme. I’m fully confident that with the time he has had to develop this game that Godzilla will be a total home run.

Quoted from Frax:

WTH is Welk? Guess I'll have to consider that since there's very little chance I'm going to lay out the money for an Elwin game after seeing IM and JP.....granted, I like IM *way* more than JP, but....yeah. Bro sure does like things on a playfield that piss me off.
Shots through pops? Check.
Narrow ramps that are extremely steep? Check.
Clunky shots that brick into nothing and can STDM or fall right on a sling on a perfectly intentional made shot? Check.
Fast orbits into a flipper that's a sucker shot to the left outlane if you don't time it perfectly and/or don't flip? Check.

1 month later
#811 2 years ago

I am hoping you play AS Godzilla and there may be some shaking crumbling building effect similar to MM. Would activate when you destroy the monster on screen. Shaker motor is gonna be a must have on GZ, that’s for sure!

Quoted from gambit3113:

Keith just did the T-Rex head on JP. It’ll be something different. The one thing that has been said for some time about this upcoming game is that the main toy is something really cool and new.

3 weeks later
#845 2 years ago

As an operator I can say that Sterns are the most reliable pins on the market. If you keep seeing them broken then that’s your local operators fault and not Stern.

Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Why are the sterns always broken down needing repairs on site ? And that’s within a day or two of a brand spanker machine being sited ? And now stern want more money ??

#865 2 years ago

$500 pro $1000 prem $1500 Le

Quoted from sepins:

What is the Stern price increase. Can't find info on it.
Thanks!

#873 2 years ago

We getting an announcement next week?

#884 2 years ago

Hahaha same here. That’s like $40k profit on one game….crazy. I’m lucky to pull a few hundred a week

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I wish it was feasible for my location games! I'd quit my damn job!

#887 2 years ago

If your thinking about it like that you’re not really thinking about it.

How long before you start making a profit on a routed game?

1 week later
#921 2 years ago

YESSSSSSSS! Classic TOHO Godzilla! F’n awesome. SO AMPED! Been waiting a loooong time and deposit is paid baybeeee

#1475 2 years ago

I am having a SERIOUSLY difficult time deciding between pro and prem for my location. That jump shot to mechaGZ and the collapsing building are killing meeeee. Faaaahhhhkkkkkk.

#1498 2 years ago

English dubs are hot garbage. Watch with the original audio and english subtitles. It’s the only way to get the real deal viewing experience with any non English film.

Quoted from rai:

Amazon has this DVD boxset, they say there is no English dub version? I think I'm ok with subtitles but do you think it's missing the English dub is a big deal?
amazon.com link »

#1510 2 years ago

Wow…I mean you ARE Godzilla. You are PLAYING the game. With all the mechs in this game I can’t believe that you complain about a toy not “moving” This premium is probably the most stacked Stern ever.

Quoted from Pin-Geo:

A little bit of a letdown here. How do you have a Godzilla pin without a moving Godzilla? Even Mechagodzilla does something.

#1609 2 years ago

Hmmm, I put up 520mil on JP at league night last weekend and my location high is 2.3 bil. Great f’n game if you ask me. IMDN is the goat but JP ain’t far behind. AIQ is the turd, boring ass game.

Quoted from Frax:

Welp....after getting absolutely raped on Jurassic Park at league night again last night, my excitement for this game is way down. I said before when I found out Keith was doing this game that I was likely not a buyer because of how much I *hate* JP, and clearly not going to league for a few weeks had me forgetting about that.
I will not buy this game, or even pretend that I'm a future buyer, before playing the premium or an LE. Period. And I'm completely ashamed I let it go to my head. I really like IM and AIQ....but JP is just......no. That game should be a constant reminder to me that Keith is not infalliable, and not every design can do well in a public location, or at home.
(Don't even f'ing talk to me about your games at home. I don't give a single turd. We all know games at home play far superior to almost any location game.)
Hopefully it plays more AIQ and less JP, but at this point, I've lowered my expectations.

#1648 2 years ago

For real, pinside is a place for people to latch onto the ONE thing they hate and never let go. It’s tiresome. Maybe the art isn’t what ya’ll you imagined. But I don’t care about your imagination haha. Shit looks fine to me, if it weren’t so similar in style and graphic layout as TMNT and AIQ I’d probably think it was amazing. It’s good work, but it’s not new work. Also, he looks more like a cactus than a watermelon c’mon…you guys blind? Anyway, game looks cool as F and I’m buying one…so are you…so everyone shut it, I think we’ve heard enuff ZY slams for one day. The guy rules, be kind.

Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

So funny reading all the complaints. NO MATTER WHAT ZY did with the artwork, NO MATTER WHAT KE did with the layout, there will be bitching and complaining about the smallest things.
"This is bullshit, Godzilla NEVER looks left when shooting fire out of his mouth",
"His color is not the exact shade of green during a lunar eclipse on Tuesdays and I can prove it with a comic I have from Oct of 1968 on page 3 frame 5",
"Why does Mechagodzilla look like a different shade of silver than the ball?",
"why are there wire forms, I prefer plastic ramps",
"The building raises up too fast",
"Why won't Stern just make the games I like?",
"I don't want to complain but I hate everything about it",
"Why did they raise their prices, now I have to sell one of my 49 games to get it",
"why didnt JJP do this game instead?"
"It would have been better if Steve Ritchie designed it back in 1995",
"the artwork isn't to scale, Godzilla is 4 inches smaller in real life, if he actually existed",
"why won't Keith shave",
"Stern releases too many games",
"Why are there so many multi balls, I hate multi balls",
"I wanted internet connectivity but now that I've seen it, I hate internet connectivity",
"Back To The Future should have been released first",
"Why didnt they make a Gamera game instead because he is the monster I like better",
"Why didnt Lyman Sheats do the code?"
"I hate games released on Tuesdays"
"why is there points in this game, I hate points"
"why do they have to put wizard modes in this game, I only play for points"
"I won't buy this game because there isn't 7 flippers and everyone knows I only buy games with 7 flippers"
"why doesn't the Pro have everything the Premium/LE has?"
"this game looks exactly the same as Iron Maiden",
"why isn't Godzilla actually breathing fire?"
"how dare Stern raise their prices, now I won't make as much when I flip my LE"
"where the heck is the horseshoe turnaround shot I love in all my games"?
"I can only buy one game every 10 years and sure the heck aint gunna be this one"
"why didn't they just make High Speed 3 instead?"
"this game looks challenging and I only play easy games where I hit every shot, every time"
"Stern screwed up letting Steve Ritchie go because now all we are going to get are these great games and I only live in the past"
"every great game has more than 15 magnets and this one doesn't, so I hope Stern goes out of business"
"pinball is not about the screen/display, however the animation sucks on this game and they should have done a better job with it to the make the playing experience better"
"what? No crane mech?"
“I’m a tournament player and this looks too slow and too fast at the same time”
etc....
I'm sure I missed a few, please add them
After the stream the whining will reach its peak and once games arrive in homes, arcades or wherever, it will be a flood of how awesome it is and how these guys and Stern knocked it out of the park. SMH

#1658 2 years ago

You may have missed my point entirely. ZYs Godzilla looks like…a Godzilla.

Quoted from chickenscratch:

C’mon… man…
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"410b9373873407a6f2114c66b02429eec492a409-1631737738-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1846 2 years ago

I felt exactly this way and I’m feeling quite relieved. Thought the prem was the must have at first but the pro will definitely suffice. Almost dropped my Halloween spot to grab GZ prem but glad I’ll feel comfortable adding both

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

As amazing as all the stuff packed into this game is and going against my initial impressions....does anyone else find themselves more interested in a pro now?
It seemed too stripped to me but now I'm feeling like I wouldn't care that much. Maybe one of those cases of "the pro plays faster"
I feel like they should have removed the building and bridge for the pro but left the rotating jump ramp to the mecha magnet.
Hard sell with that price hike.
I DO REALLY LIKE that the ruleset seems to be more reminiscent of Maiden's modes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpdpvdpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-looks-like-godzilla-is-being-made?tu=mpdpvdpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.