A1156851-2B39-4D0B-BEBF-B506A11C15EA (resized).jpeg
7C099748-14F5-479B-B964-05B59F148CC3 (resized).jpeg
B51027AB-2FDB-40C7-8FE0-FAB7F1051C48 (resized).jpeg
DCCE135D-9AFC-452B-ACA8-1CFC5F61C844 (resized).jpeg
3EC1E29F-DA7D-4213-A88E-FE5B639A479B (resized).jpeg
27AE866E-0E42-49AE-81EA-5B34471AFBD8 (resized).jpeg
435A252E-E673-4148-81F1-2469D0891D72 (resized).jpeg
214E69B5-7B11-4213-8D3F-5A79BACF2676 (resized).jpeg
There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Sega fans! I just picked up an independence day and it has Black legs with two being a couple inches taller than the other two. Are these the original legs and do the two shorter ones go in the front? The machine looks angled weird but looking at the manual I think it was designed that way instead of using the leg levelers. Anyone knowledgeable here that can confirm?

Just checked, and both my ID4 and SWT have shorter legs in the front!

#102 6 years ago

Great idea for a club. I have an X-Files pinball machine and I love it.

IMG_7364 (resized).JPGIMG_7364 (resized).JPG

IMG_7529 (resized).JPGIMG_7529 (resized).JPG

#103 6 years ago

I'm in the club!

genesis-1501262597959_270h (resized).jpggenesis-1501262597959_270h (resized).jpg

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm in the club!

You're sitting at the kid's table.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

You're sitting at the kid's table.

Quoted from o-din:

I'm in the club!

I had one of these too!

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I had one of these too!

being in brazil you get a lot of cool sega stuff or custom games!

#107 6 years ago

Same here just picked one up on Tuesday. I also do Titan competition rings. What color(s) are you going with? I thought Blue would look good but also maybe the light blue?

I went with red

#108 6 years ago

Not in the club but absolutely a fan. Sega had many great games. Godzilla or SST being my favorite two.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not in the club but absolutely a fan. Sega had many great games. Godzilla or SST being my favorite two.

I personally can't understand all the appeal that SST has among pinball aficionados in general.... I tried several times, but this game just didn't clinch with me... I'm a big fan of the movie franchise though...

#110 6 years ago

On another note, an opportunity has arose for me to get a JPLW... What do you guys think about this pin? Is it definitely a must-have or not?

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

On another note, an opportunity has arose for me to get a JPLW... What do you guys think about this pin? Is it definitely a must-have or not?

Not a very good pin imho, it suffers from boring scoring, meaning, the points are low and your games end up being similar from one another. There are a few like this, another is star wars trilogy. The snagger mech on JPLW is a major pita too.

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I personally can't understand all the appeal that SST has among pinball aficionados in general.... I tried several times, but this game just didn't clinch with me... I'm a big fan of the movie franchise though...

game has a good ruleset, with 3 real options to score (main multi or orbit multi, ramps to build recon levels and avoid scoop till ready, and kill bugs), and combine it all with campy but well done cheese factor. Last but not least, that 3rd little flipper is so perfectly implemented!

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I think it's a really good multi player game. It's fun to watch other players try to kill the bug colors and progress.

I also loved the movie. In my top 10 movies from the 90's for sure.

#114 6 years ago

Reading some other "hot rant" threads on here lately I'm always seeing people comment on sega's poor build quality. Not granted I only own a baywatch but I have played BF and Goldeneye too. I don't see how these are inferior to a b/w or early stern?

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Reading some other "hot rant" threads on here lately I'm always seeing people comment on sega's poor build quality. Not granted I only own a baywatch but I have played BF and Goldeneye too. I don't see how these are inferior to a b/w or early stern?

I don't have the experience on both/all manufacturers, but I'd imagine a slight difference turns into a giant issue when fanboyism gets thrown on.

I could, of course, be completely wrong, but if it plays well, and you like it, who cares? Helps to keep those "low level pin" prices down

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I don't have the experience on both/all manufacturers, but I'd imagine a slight difference turns into a giant issue when fanboyism gets thrown on.
I could, of course, be completely wrong, but if it plays well, and you like it, who cares? Helps to keep those "low level pin" prices down

Agreed!

I wanted a LAH but that has seem to move up from the low level pin price.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

You could slap a "Williams" logo on Baywatch or GE and nobody would know the difference.

#118 6 years ago

I finally got around to putting pinball life gnr no-fadecoils on MSF today. As previously posted, they are awesome. Well worth the money and time.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

I finally got around to putting pinball life gnr no-fadecoils on MSF today. As previously posted, they are awesome. Well worth the money and time.

What are they and do you have pics?

#120 6 years ago

They are stronger flipper coils. With the stock coils I had far too many balls go halfway up the ramp and come flying back down. Now it's easier to make the ramp shot. And during longer games the flippers dont lose any power.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1379

#121 6 years ago

Thanks for the tip about the coils. I love my MSF, I never expected it to be this good when I bought it, it gets more play than any other machine in my collection except The Hobbit. The 6 ball multiball is awesome and I can only imagine how much better it will be with good flipper power. I am installing Cliffys so it's a good time to change the flipper coils (ps Cliff was able to make me a protector for Ice Cave, which he didn't have before).

I haven't seen many Sega's out in the wild. I got to play Goldeneye, HD, JPLW, SWT and SST at the LV PHOF. I loved Goldeneye and didn't care for the others. Played Apollo 13 at a friend's, it seems okay. Seattle Pinball Museum has a Godzilla - they actually loaned me the power board out of it while they repaired the RBION that they sold me, so I never got to play Godzilla but it looks really cool. I recently played X-Files and it was okay but almost too easy. Would love to play Baywatch, LIS, Maverick, Twister, and ID4 but I never see them routed in my area.

#122 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Thanks Steve - your slingshot plastics are on their way!!!!!

Alex they arrived today. Wow brand new slingshot plastics for my ID4! I was not sure if I would ever track them down. Hey Everyone if you ever need something from Alex in Brazil he is awesome to work with!

#123 6 years ago

Alex they arrived today. Wow brand new slingshot plastics for my ID4! I was not sure if I would ever track them down. Hey Everyone if you ever need something from Alex in Brazil he is awesome to work with!

Thanks buddy, I'm glad you liked it!

IMG_20170811_133552 (resized).jpgIMG_20170811_133552 (resized).jpg

#124 6 years ago

I'm in too. Just picked up an X-Files. Seems like a sweet fan layout with a bash toy. Kind of hard to beat. I'll probably have questions when I get to shopping it out and repairing the file cabinet.

#125 6 years ago

I'm looking for the following flyers: SWT, ID4 and XFiles.... Does anyone have any extras (or not), and would be willing to part way with?

#126 6 years ago

Just picked this up for a good deal, was in a home since 2003, so it's in good shape. Had one years ago.
Just ordered new GNR special coils, new coil stops and sleeves, (linkages are good) leds, black flipper bats, drop targets (going to try and put the fat rollover targets that can take more abuse, but we'll see if they snag)
The ramps are prettt steep, you've got to upgrade. The stock coils just can't keep up with the action after a few straight games.
There are some fantastic shots and flow in this game, i'm really looking forward to getting my parts in so I can whip this pin around.
IMG_6603 (resized).JPGIMG_6603 (resized).JPG

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Just picked this up for a good deal, was in a home since 2003, so it's in good shape. Had one years ago.

Nice find ... Enjoy! Thank god others think that the Sega line is underrated

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nice find ... Enjoy! Thank god others think that the Sega line is underrated

My goal is to have the 4 Large DMD games, I just need a Baywatch. I really enjoy the rule sets and shots to these 4 specific pins. They certainly are underrated, but they have necessary upgrades to make them really shine and come to life, they just don't do well on route the way they came from the factory. My Frankenstein for instance, plays so strong, there is never a problem hitting the ramp. If you find this pin in the wild, you won't make the ramp more than a couple times, if at all and that is going to turn any player sour on it.

#129 6 years ago

My goal is to have the 4 Large DMD games, I just need a Baywatch. I really enjoy the rule sets and shots to these 4 specific pins. They certainly are underrated, but they have necessary upgrades to make them really shine and come to life, they just don't do well on route the way they came from the factory. My Frankenstein for instance, plays so strong, there is never a problem hitting the ramp. If you find this pin in the wild, you won't make the ramp more than a couple times, if at all and that is going to turn any player sour on it.

Hmmm we're in a predicament because I have a baywatch but I think BF would compliment it well ahah.

#130 6 years ago

I just refurbished a twister and have been spending some time with it- really fun game!! Total multi ball fest!!! My first experience with sega and it's been a breeze to repair and troubleshoot.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'm looking for the following flyers: SWT, ID4 and XFiles.... Does anyone have any extras (or not), and would be willing to part way with?

Bump!

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

These were all available on ebay but I'm not sure if the sellers shipped to Brazil.

This seller has the three you want and ships worldwide.
ebay.com link: itm

#133 6 years ago

Helping a friend fix a harley Davidson. It launches 2-3 balls as soon as soon as you start game. I have fixed this issue Many times on other games. It's usually ball trough switches. They all test fine no matter how much I try and shake pin and cause switches to flake out. Game says install 4 balls. Anything else besides trough sw to check ?

#134 6 years ago

Harley Davidson owner..picked it up a few weeks ago from the auction. I think it is actually a pretty fun game even though it is ranked lower than 300. Got some gremlins though and enjoying the challenge of fixing them.

#135 6 years ago

I think HD is my least favorite SEGA pin...

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

These were all available on ebay but I'm not sure if the sellers shipped to Brazil.
This seller has the three you want and ships worldwide.
ebay.com link
ebay.com link
ebay.com link

Thannks, I'll take a look!

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Helping a friend fix a harley Davidson. It launches 2-3 balls as soon as soon as you start game. I have fixed this issue Many times on other games. It's usually ball trough switches. They all test fine no matter how much I try and shake pin and cause switches to flake out. Game says install 4 balls. Anything else besides trough sw to check ?

Is the metal scoop top cracked at the weld? Is the shooter lane switch working?

Switch test mode - what switches are closed/enabled when not doing anything?

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Is the metal scoop top cracked at the weld? Is the shooter lane switch working?
Switch test mode - what switches are closed/enabled when not doing anything?

Thx. Yeah I checked the shooter lane switch and the vuk opto. I'll have to see about which are active

#139 6 years ago
#140 6 years ago

another work in progress to bring color to large sega screens...

Big thanks to lucky1 and the opportunity for me to bring pin2dmd-xl firmware to the big sega DMDs!

Hope you all enjoy these small teasers.

Baywatch_PIN2DMD-XL_GermanGamingSupplies (resized).pngBaywatch_PIN2DMD-XL_GermanGamingSupplies (resized).png

Batman Forever_PIN2DMD-XL_GermanGamingSupplies (resized).pngBatman Forever_PIN2DMD-XL_GermanGamingSupplies (resized).png

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

another work in progress to bring color to large sega screens...
Big thanks to lucky1 and the opportunity for me to bring pin2dmd-xl firmware to the big sega DMDs!
Hope you all enjoy these small teasers.

Awesome work! I might have to pick up a display if BW is colored!!

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Awesome work! I might have to pick up a display if BW is colored!!

credit for work goes to a friend

Such beautiful colors and how fast he's creating things...

#144 6 years ago

Wow that was fast!? Take a pic all set up. How's the condition?

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Wow that was fast!? Take a pic all set up. How's the condition?

Pretty much after I messaged you, I saw this on Craigs at $2600. I texted the seller who was in CT, and knew some mutual people in CT from The Sanctum co op. Anyways, long story short, we were both happy and agreed to a very realistic $1850, and it looks and plays mint. He was after an Aerosmith possibly, and was an older guy/collector who use to route some and had a super sweet lineup of A titles. Pretty pumped, Ive only playef this game maybe twice ever but know the rule set/shot layout is tops.

#148 6 years ago

Okay so,
Having played a Baywatch only once or twice at most in the last 22 years it's been out, and after putting extensive time on the other 3 large dmds in my collection, I'd probably have to say Batwatch has the best playfield layout (it's one of the most impressive I've played by any company from this era)

I think it's probably the hardest of the bunch too, and if I had to rank the 4 of them from best to last, I for some reason can't! They're all so good in their own way, but despite the goofy theme of Baywatch, it might be the best of the 4.
Really impressive game, there are so many shots in this pin, I can't recommend it enough.

IMG_6828 (resized).JPGIMG_6828 (resized).JPG

#149 6 years ago

Baywatch is my fav too. Although I really want a Maverick as well.

#150 6 years ago

Okay so,
Having played a Baywatch only once or twice at most in the last 22 years it's been out, and after putting extensive time on the other 3 large dmds in my collection, I'd probably have to say Batwatch has the best playfield layout (it's one of the most impressive I've played by any company from this era)
I think it's probably the hardest of the bunch too, and if I had to rank the 4 of them from best to last, I for some reason can't! They're all so good in their own way, but despite the goofy theme of Baywatch, it might be the best of the 4.
Really impressive game, there are so many shots in this pin, I can't recommend it enough.

Yeah I have had alot of fun with it too since I got it a few months back. My only complaint so far is I wish the water skiing video mode was random and not the same movements. Its pretty much 100% mastered so its an easy 125m each time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.