A1156851-2B39-4D0B-BEBF-B506A11C15EA (resized).jpeg
7C099748-14F5-479B-B964-05B59F148CC3 (resized).jpeg
B51027AB-2FDB-40C7-8FE0-FAB7F1051C48 (resized).jpeg
DCCE135D-9AFC-452B-ACA8-1CFC5F61C844 (resized).jpeg
3EC1E29F-DA7D-4213-A88E-FE5B639A479B (resized).jpeg
27AE866E-0E42-49AE-81EA-5B34471AFBD8 (resized).jpeg
435A252E-E673-4148-81F1-2469D0891D72 (resized).jpeg
214E69B5-7B11-4213-8D3F-5A79BACF2676 (resized).jpeg

There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Sorry forgot where I said this and luckily checked here!

Thx.. also i had someone this weekend tell me they had some kind of ball trough guide that fixes some problems but idk.. going to try it and I'll post results here.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Thx.. also i had someone this weekend tell me they had some kind of ball trough guide that fixes some problems but idk.. going to try it and I'll post results here.

There's a plastic fork thing someone makes that allows the balls to not magnetize to the trough.

But new balls or demagnetizing balls helps

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There's a plastic fork thing someone makes that allows the balls to not magnetize to the trough.
But new balls or demagnetizing balls helps

Maybe that's it... I'll let everyone know when it arrives.

#54 6 years ago

The Falcon hovering my game-room!

IMG_20170628_185051 (resized).jpgIMG_20170628_185051 (resized).jpg

#55 6 years ago

LWJP trough scoop re-welded

IMG_3346 (resized).JPGIMG_3346 (resized).JPG

#56 6 years ago

Do the magnets under play field lose strength over time ? My Godzilla has very weak magnets compared to a Williams /Bally set up!

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Maybe that's it... I'll let everyone know when it arrives.

Has it arrived yet?

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Do the magnets under play field lose strength over time ? My Godzilla has very weak magnets compared to a Williams /Bally set up!

Hmmm I didn't think so? but maybe a board issue could cause them to get weaker. I thought they were like coils, always worked when the correct voltage etc was applied. I've never played a Godzilla, what does the magnet do and how big?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I've never played a Godzilla, what does the magnet do and how big

Four of them ... One grabs the ball at the top of the play field ... One grabs and holds the ball while multiball starts and 2 mid play field to toss the ball around in multiball !
Must be me thought they should have more tossing ability!
Sized the same as a Williams/ Bally magnet
Thanks
Rob

#59 6 years ago

Jeez four mags and all those features. Sega did know how to have fun toys in their games!!!

So are the pf "tossing" ones not firing to what you think is strong?

I would think each mag has a fuse and then a board or transistor. Resister on one could be slowly going out of spec :/

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

s. Sega did know how to have fun toys in their games!!!

I never have judged a game manufacturer , have had quite a few of them. Each has its own merits but Data East and Sega are highly under rated ... Thanks for the tip, will check the board but it's probably just me !

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#61 6 years ago

I've owned;

SST
Baywatch
Viper Night Drivin'
Batman Forever
GoldenEye
Apollo 13
Godzilla

Would like to own a Twister one day. Maybe an ID4 too...

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Four of them ... One grabs the ball at the top of the play field ... One grabs and holds the ball while multiball starts and 2 mid play field to toss the ball around in multiball !
Must be me thought they should have more tossing ability!

Just like in Pinball Magic, everything is controlled by software. What game ROM version do you have in the game? Lastest is CPU 2.05 (U210), USA Display 2.0 (ROM 0)

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What game ROM version do you have in the game? Lastest is CPU 2.05 (U210), USA Display 2.0

Have both these ROMs ,and again apologies re the floating ball!

Thanks for your help!

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have both these ROMs

Do you have an older set of ROMs? Would be interesting to see if you do get more magnet action out of them.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Do you have an older set of ROMs? Would be interesting to see if you do get more magnet action out of them.

Interesting thought ... Will try that see if there's a difference!

#66 6 years ago

Todd Moore, I seen this subject and knew you had to be in here somewhere, lol South Park is a good game for casual players, people who actually play pinball, not so much. ; )

#67 6 years ago

I've got a Batman Forever, I'm sure you've all seen it in my BF club.

#68 6 years ago

Just in case some of you missed it:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-needs-a-sega-192x64-replacement

Sega Color DMDs for all your beautiful games!!!

Im actually producing another batch and if you like to participate send me a mail to [email protected]

#69 6 years ago

I'm in!

My Twister is great, minus the nasty airballs from the spinner disc being slightly lower than the rest of the playfield. That plus the super strong flippers and it's utter chaos at times. Lots of balls getting stuck in weird places. Hopefully a small adjustment and I'll be good to go, otherwise she might need to find a new home...

IMG_20170601_165336 (resized).jpgIMG_20170601_165336 (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago

ive had franky, Baywatch, goldeneye, batman, Apollo 13, and maverick. really like them all. extremely hard to get parts for any of them is what sucks!

#71 6 years ago

I love the SEGA games and decided to start some colorizing projects with pin2dmd editor...
I know there aren't many godzilla and baywatch machines out there, but colored DMDs adds so much to them:

Sonic_Surfing.pngSonic_Surfing.png

godzilla_cab.gifgodzilla_cab.gif

#72 6 years ago

now THAT looks sweeet! Please keep this project up an running, would be so awesome to have true colors on the big PIN2DMD XL!
Thanks!

#73 6 years ago

Well, in the end it doesn't matter if normal size or XL, even without big changes in palettes these games look awesome.

Plus, I have seen some beautiful Batman, maverick and baywatch being put in storage because there were no displays available or totally overpriced.

#74 6 years ago

I have all the best SEGAs, SST, Baywatch, and Godzilla!

I have owned a few others but those are my favs!

#75 6 years ago

I'll join the club. My 3yo loves the shark hole!

IMG_5716 (resized).JPGIMG_5716 (resized).JPG

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

I love the SEGA games and decided to start some colorizing projects with pin2dmd editor...
I know there aren't many godzilla and baywatch machines out there, but colored DMDs adds so much to them:

I will be your biggest fan and order your product immediately if you colorize Baywatch. Game has phenomenal dots and lots of them, would love to see it in color!

#77 6 years ago

T

Quoted from Taygeta:

I will be your biggest fan and order your product immediately if you colorize Baywatch. Game has phenomenal dots and lots of them, would love to see it in color!

Thank you for supporting!

Having so many dots is a big challenge. It adds a lot of possibilities but also a lot of work.
Especially the video scenes are really tough to handle and colorize!

I'm amazed every time i work with pin2dmd hardware! Lucky1 did such an amazing job when he created colorized SEGA dmds and I'm really happy to participate.

Please remind: pin2dmd is the ONLY hardware capable of adding more then 4 colors, and the only AVAILABLE solution that uses rgb dot matrix panels.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

Im actually producing another batch and if you like to participate send me a mail to [email protected]

Dom - I'm confused - the market ad says "almost out of stock" - does that mean last batch or this batch?

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has it arrived yet?

Lol... no I'm slacking but the game seems a little worse now and tonight I'm sending off info to get the part.... at least I'm saying that

#80 6 years ago

i would say baywatch is the best gameplay, goldeneye is the best gameplay/theme, and harley is the best theme.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from sudsy7:

Dom - I'm confused - the market ad says "almost out of stock" - does that mean last batch or this batch?

That means that the next batch is almost out of stock!
I'm trying to add some more to the actual production batch.

Greetings,
Dom

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Rappelbox:

That means that the next batch is almost out of stock!

I thought the next batch wouldn't be ready for 3-4 more weeks. This is pre-order or are these ready to ship?

#83 6 years ago

I've got a pretty nice ID4 for sale in WI.

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#84 6 years ago

Love mine!

IMG_20170721_172439 (resized).jpgIMG_20170721_172439 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170721_172432 (resized).jpgIMG_20170721_172432 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170721_172513 (resized).jpgIMG_20170721_172513 (resized).jpg

#85 6 years ago

Very nice ... Needs colour sigma display!

#86 6 years ago

Hey Sega fans! I just picked up an independence day and it has Black legs with two being a couple inches taller than the other two. Are these the original legs and do the two shorter ones go in the front? The machine looks angled weird but looking at the manual I think it was designed that way instead of using the leg levelers. Anyone knowledgeable here that can confirm?

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Hey Sega fans! I just picked up an independence day and it has Black legs with two being a couple inches taller than the other two. Are these the original legs and do the two shorter ones go in the front? The machine looks angled weird but looking at the manual I think it was designed that way instead of using the leg levelers. Anyone knowledgeable here that can confirm?

I have no idea but my lwjp had that same thing!

#88 6 years ago

I am also looking for some Independence Day slingshot plastics any condition new/used/sat on by a water buffalo....

#89 6 years ago

I am also looking for some Independence Day slingshot plastics any condition new/used/sat on by a water buffalo....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/independence-day-id4-club-owners-and-fans/page/2#post-3877451

#90 6 years ago

Tracked down my plastics that I need thanks to Alex an awesome Pinsider in Brazil!

#91 6 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. ID4 owner now.

I'm going to put Titan rings on (like I do everything). Has anyone put together a kit list of what is needed?

ID4 (resized).jpgID4 (resized).jpg

#92 6 years ago

What a fantastic and challenging pin Frankenstein is. With a tight tilt, you will have a heck of a time getting to all 8 modes.
I've done a few tweaks to Frank, that I recommend anyone do, if they feel one of the four huge dmd games doesn't have good flipper feel or strength, which was basically all of them because it was a design flaw.
Even stock or rebuilt, they barely have enough oomph, and become heated and weak during those crazy multiballs.
I use GNR special flipper coils from pinballlife, which are thicker windings and the difference is absolutely night and day and makes such a huge difference on a game like Frank.
There are zero issues with making the ramp, the spinner really spins and the orbits whip. No loss of power in those crazy 6 ball flip fests either.
Here is mine I've been giving some love to.
Frank is a very underrated table. I truly believe it does not get its dues, because of how poorly most of these play and prematurely wear out on route. Fine tuned, Frank plays like a grand piano.

IMG_6469 (resized).JPGIMG_6469 (resized).JPGIMG_6467 (resized).JPGIMG_6467 (resized).JPGIMG_6466 (resized).JPGIMG_6466 (resized).JPGIMG_6464 (resized).JPGIMG_6464 (resized).JPG

#93 6 years ago

I put the same pinball life coils on my x files. Talk about flipper power. Turns it into a incredibly fast game. They will be going on my MSF very soon.
I am curious what side rails you have on Frank.

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

What a fantastic and challenging pin Frankenstein is. With a tight tilt, you will have a heck of a time getting to all 8 modes.
I've done a few tweaks to Frank, that I recommend anyone do, if they feel one of the four huge dmd games doesn't have good flipper feel or strength, which was basically all of them because it was a design flaw.
Even stock or rebuilt, they barely have enough oomph, and become heated and weak during those crazy multiballs.
I use GNR special flipper coils from pinballlife, which are thicker windings and the difference is absolutely night and day and makes such a huge difference on a game like Frank.
There are zero issues with making the ramp, the spinner really spins and the orbits whip. No loss of power in those crazy 6 ball flip fests either.
Here is mine I've been giving some love to.
Frank is a very underrated table. I truly believe it does not get its dues, because of how poorly most of these play and prematurely wear out on route. Fine tuned, Frank plays like a grand piano.

I do not understand the weak flipper thing, yes I'm new to baywatch but I have 5 modern sterns at work to compare, I feel like baywatch is a lot more powerful than those. The flippers had a weird ring to them when actuated but it was just very worn out stops. The flippers seem to have plenty juice to hit the tower which is a very far shot. That being said I like the feel alot more since I removed silicone rings and put in regular ones. With silicone rings I could not post pass or drop catch.

What was the design flaw? Is there a thread on it?

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Joined the club yesterday. ID4 owner now.
I'm going to put Titan rings on (like I do everything). Has anyone put together a kit list of what is needed?

Same here just picked one up on Tuesday. I also do Titan competition rings. What color(s) are you going with? I thought Blue would look good but also maybe the light blue?

#96 6 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I do not understand the weak flipper thing, yes I'm new to baywatch but I have 5 modern sterns at work to compare, I feel like baywatch is a lot more powerful than those. The flippers had a weird ring to them when actuated but it was just very worn out stops. The flippers seem to have plenty juice to hit the tower which is a very far shot. That being said I like the feel alot more since I removed silicone rings and put in regular ones. With silicone rings I could not post pass or drop catch.
What was the design flaw? Is there a thread on it?

For whatever reason, they used a smaller flipper coil, so when you start getting into those multiballs, or extended game length, they get warm and become sluggish, making ramps is near impossible. Even fresh rebuilds don't feel right.
Batman Forever is a pretty big offender with stock coils as the loops and ramps are a chore to hit, however, you have to upgrade the slim drop targets to the wide drop targets or you'll snap them.

Williams /bally never had this problem, just look at their coils, pretty beefy.

#97 6 years ago

I recently shopped out an ID4. I used titan yellow for the PF rubbers and purple superband flipper rubbers over the light blue flipper bats. See link below for pictures.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/aahgo/library/Independence%20Day

BTW, this machine is for sale - $1850

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

I put the same pinball life coils on my x files. Talk about flipper power. Turns it into a incredibly fast game. They will be going on my MSF very soon.
I am curious what side rails you have on Frank.

stern lollipops from pinballlife ($60)

#99 6 years ago

Same here just picked one up on Tuesday. I also do Titan competition rings. What color(s) are you going with? I thought Blue would look good but also maybe the light blue?

I had not really decided yet. I ususally go with some clash vs the flipper bats for the flippers. For example I put pink on my Nascar and it looks aweseome.

I guess I was kinda leaning toward the clears for the rest of the rubber

#100 6 years ago

Tracked down my plastics that I need thanks to Alex an awesome Pinsider in Brazil!

Thanks Steve - your slingshot plastics are on their way!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
There are 426 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sega-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.